Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did (40229 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / Nigerian Medical Student Acknowledged For Outstanding Performance In USA / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2017
ceeceeuwa:

Who made him the judge over his private life?
the school authority did.
As long as the sch certificate to be issued to the student will certify him in hons and character.
U tink say sch na national union of road transport workers?
From the response av seen so far in this thread, the future of this nation is at risk of moral bankruptcy.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by romoruyi(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2017
Hmmmm.....
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by eaglez(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Prof is a learner
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
the school authority did.
As long as the sch certificate to be issued to the student will certify him in hons and character.
U tink say sch na national union of road transport workers?

Oh, come off it! What's this character thing you guys are going on and on about?
Are you saying a young man who is very likely over 18 years should hide the fact that he is in love? When did being in love suddenly become a crime?

I'm not condoning sexual immorality. There's no evidence that such has happened here.

3 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by mechanics(m): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2017
hahahah, he's not yet married na.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Miserablemee: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2017
I swear down I missed your contributions on this forum, I thought you had literally run MAD
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

A degree is earned in character and in learning.

This student has proven himself to be bereft of noble character if the source of his inspiration for an academic thesis is something as mundane and immoral as the amorous company of a female bedfellow.

It is one thing to be involved in premarital sexual escapades, it's another thing to celebrate it on the pages of an academic literary work for posterity to see.

Morals have gone extinct.

If I were this Prof, this student will fail.
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

Oh, come off it! What's this character thing you guys are going on and on about?
Are you saying a young man who is very likely over 18 years should hide the fact that he is in love? When did being in love suddenly become a crime?

I'm not condoning sexual immorality. There's no evidence that such has happened here.
here is an advice for u, bcareful not to ruin ur effort wen close to success.
The researcher of that work got lost in the usual excitement of project completion.
And don't forget, a research work can make or mar the supervisor of the work.
The prof is obviously of high morals and the onus is on the student to work within the moral appetite of his oga.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
here is an advice for u, bcareful not to ruin ur effort wen close to success.
The researcher of that work got lost in the usual excitement of project completion.

I don't understand your "advice" o, and why you're giving it.
What do you mean by "got lost in the usual excitement of project completion".
I repeat, is a man (probably) over 18 not entitled to have a girlfriend? *
Or are you saying that there is a master list of things worthy of acknowledgement in theses??

Modified: how would something like that in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT section mar a researcher's career? Is he a Mullah?
Full disclosure: I myself am a researcher, and I've assessed theses for what I will vaguely call "decades".

* Again, I repeat: no evidence of sexual immorality.

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
The prof is obviously of high morals and the onus is on the student to work within the moral appetite of his oga.

I disagree absolutely.

Of course this is Nigeria where might makes right; the supervisor will probably have his way. However, a supervisor is there to advise on academic matters, and not force a student to adopt his own world view or belief system!

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

I don't understand you "advice" o, and why you're giving it.
What do you mean by "got lost in the usual excitement of project completion".
I repeat, is a man (probably) over 18 not entitled to have a girlfriend? *
Or are you saying that there is a master list of things worthy of acknowledgement in theses??

Modified: how would something like that in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT section mar a researcher's career? Is he a Mullah?
Full disclosure: I myself am a researcher, and I've assessed theses for what I will vaguely call "decades".

* Again, I repeat: no evidence of sexual immorality.
the core issue here is moral decorum and not sex related.
Don't write to the prof, wat u can not write to the girl's father.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
the core issue here is moral decorum and not sex related.
Don't write to the prof, wat u can not write to the girl's father.

No, I put it to you that the issue is his use of the word "sweetheart". Do we still live in Victorian times?

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by bossrillboss: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

This student has proven himself to be bereft of noble character if the source of his inspiration for an academic thesis is something as mundane and immoral as the amorous company of a female bedfellow.

It is one thing to be involved in premarital sexual escapades, it's another thing to celebrate it on the pages of an academic literary work for posterity to see.

Gbam!
..guy ur foolishness is of the highest order,pple lik u r d reason dis country is backward.I pray dat ur brain dat is malfunctioning shld meet is doctor on d way.shege dan buroba kawai.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by effiong2017: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2017
Enskynelson:
More photos
the prof. was not totally wrong because project writing is a formal exercise and every irrelevant informal words should be discarded. my own opinion ooo

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 9:40am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

I disagree absolutely.

Of course this is Nigeria where might makes right; the supervisor will probably have his way. However, a supervisor is there to advise on academic matters, and not force a student to adopt his own world view or belief system!
i am also a researcher okay, in fact at doctorial level. as long as the prof will append his name on the certification page of that work which comes b4 acknowledgedment page, then the student must convince him why the word "swt hrt" shud not be obliterated
That is the reason for prof's question "HOW"

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:44am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
as long as the prof will append his name on the certification page of that work which comes b4 acknowledgedment page, then the student must convince him why the word "swt hrt" shud not be obliterated

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I know assessors and supervisors all have their pet peeves. I know one who will throw a fit if he sees God anywhere in the thesis. But it's wrong. As I said, a student doesn't have to (pretend to) adopt your values just because you supervised him.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
i am also a researcher okay, in fact at doctorial level. as long as the prof will append his name on the certification page of that work which comes b4 acknowledgedment page, then the student must convince him why the word "swt hrt" shud not be obliterated That is the reason for prof's "HOW"

I beg to disagree strongly sir. The supervisor's signature makes him responsible for the academic content of the work, and not the living conditions or circumstances under which the student conducted the work!

I will urge you to go back and read the contents of the page on which the supervisor signs!

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by MielBaker(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Nothing wrong. If I like, I would acknowledge Putin for his motivation. grin grin
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by eebruboss(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!

Where in that Excerpt Did You see Or Noted That They Are Having Sex. . .

People Like you Are The Reason Crocodile Is Dancing In SE.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by eyinjuege: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2017
He could have simply dedicated to miss warreva, and not put the sweetheart part

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Sandwich0003: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2017
Understand what your supervisor like..if he's the spiricoco type, abide by him cos its just for a short period of time. Give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

I beg to disagree strongly sir. The supervisor's signature makes him responsible for the academic content of the work, and not the living conditions or circumstances under which the student conducted the work!

I will urge you to go back and read the contents of the page on which the supervisor signs!
the supervisor is responsible for the project from title page to references.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by ikp120(m): 9:54am On Oct 16, 2017
Everything on earth knows that I hate religious people! Just look at what it's doing to Nigerians. They're are now some bunch of worthless robots following a script like mumu! angry

They are in a relationship, so how it that your business? undecided

The stupid man is even trying to impose his thinking, which he has termed "character", on another. Very stupid man! The more I read stuffs like this, the more I hate everything about religion deeply.

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by mickeyenglish(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2017
Jman06:
Imagine the kind of people parading themselves as lecturers in our universities! Bigots who can't make rational decisions. Please what's wrong in acknowledging ones lover in a thesis? Does the lecturer know the contributions that lover may have made in the guy's life.

I think it is the so called prof that has character issues, not the student.

i'm really sorry to say this, but I think you are mad, along with most of the opposing commentators/critics.Are you even a graduate or student of an institution? When writing an acknowledgment, you are expected to be as formal and logical as a sane being. Do you even realize that project works are used by successive students as a means of guideline and samples. She's not even your wife, but a girlfriend and even if you are to acknowledge her, it won't be in a manner such as naively displaying your stupidity .. "sweetheart"?? Are you for real! In a research work of an assumed student of an institution . He should have used something much more elaborate like Awolowo's famous appraisal quote for his wife.." My Jewel of inestimable value ".. That would have sounded more convincing to the Prof.
Who do you even think you is supervising your research? A Doctor or assistant lecturer or even motor Park tout or MC Oluomo?? For God's sake even if it's a state university at least have respect for the Professor. If you had tried this stunt in OAU where I recently graduated, my god! Your own don Kpeme. It's not that the prove is an arrogant one but he expects such frugal escapade done elsewhere but not on your research work. What you can't perform in the likes of Harvard, Yale, Oxford and the other Ivy league institut9,that is what you are vehemently defending here. You guys would start screaming how useless and hopeless our institutions are when you are one of the arch perpetrators. Not changing the fact that are schools are shit sha.

Post No Bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
the supervisor is responsible for the project from title page to references.

No sir! The work is the student's! Abi how is it cited? Is it cited as an unpublished work in the supervisor's name

The supervisor's responsibility (and liability) is spelled out in the page on which he signs (the Certification page). To help you, I'll write out what my university's theses have:

This is to certify that this is an original research work carried out by .... in the Department of ... under my supervision.

That page exposes the hypocrisy of supervisors harassing students over their acknowledgement.

2 Likes

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by lastempero: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2017
Prof u have taken their love endeavour to another level if u don't know.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

No sir! The work is the student's! Abi how is it cited? Is it cited as an unpublished work in the supervisor's name

The supervisor's responsibility (and liability) is spelled out in the page on which he signs (the Certification page). To help you, I'll write out what my university's theses have:

This is to certify that this is an original research work carried out by .... in the Department of ... under my supervision.

That page exposes the hypocrisy of supervisors harassing students over their acknowledgement.
young man, u've assumed a condescending posture to midwife an infant entity.
U said the supervisor is responsible for academic content of the work, and I said he is responsible for all content.
Responsibility here refers to his scope of supervision just like u have in the scope of the research study Sir
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
young man, u've assumed a condescending posture to midwife an infant entity.
U said the supervisor is responsible for academic content of the work, and I said he is responsible for all content.
Responsibility here refers to his scope of supervision just like in u have in the scope of the research study Sir

Well, let me go back to my initial conclusion: we'll just have to agree to disagree, and let individuals who read our contributions arrive at their own conclusions. All the best!
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by pedrilo: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2017
proffemi:

Well, let me go back to my initial conclusion: we'll just have to agree to disagree, and let individuals who read our contributions arrive at their own conclusions. All the best!
thank you and have a good day
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 10:15am On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
thank you and have a good day

While I still strongly maintain my position, I don't intend to be rude, so if I did come across as condescending, I apologize.

Have a good day too.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by proffemi: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2017
mickeyenglish:
i'm really sorry to say this, but I think you are mad, along with most of the opposing commentators/critics...

Lol. You badt o.

Come, review with me what the young man wrote: "Special thanks to my sweetheart ... for her encouragement throughout the period of this research work. She was really a source of inspiration and motivation to me."

Are you saying that apart from the slight qualms about the grammar, this would have been flagged if the man had been married to the lady?

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by oluebubeneo(f): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2017
mtcheeew.... The student acknowledged those important to him and there's absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging his partner. Prof is asking how?? useless question.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by wokemzine: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

Gbam!
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? / Ekiti University Students Beat Suspected Armed Robber To Death (Photo) / 2013/2014 Total National Merit Scholarship Award:payment Information Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.