Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help (3328 Views)

Seyi Makinde Increases Corpers' Allowance From ₦5000 To ₦15000 In Oyo State / Corper David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi's Road Project In Oyo State (Photos) / Corpers Serving In Niger State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Good evening Nlers for those serving and those who are already done which of these two states: Oyo and Lagos states which is the best to serve In
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by Mrval20(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
If you've got a relative or friend in Lagos, then go for Lagos.
Surviving in Lag on alawee alone won't be very easy but it's a nice place to serve due to availability of opportunities.

That's if you'd like to stay back and work in Lag after service though.

2 Likes

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mrval20:
If you've got a relative or friend in Lagos, then go for Lagos.
Surviving in Lag on alawee alone won't be very easy but it's a nice place to serve due to availability of opportunities.

That's if you'd like to stay back and work on Lag after service though.
thanks for your reply, what if one doesn't have a relative, what is the range of prices for self contain in lag
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by ipobarecriminals: 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
sad undecided u dey influence am abi?There's opportunity everywhere here in dis country.If not for those killer herdsmen/ boko boys Up North,i for tell u to go to either Kebbi,Sokoto,Zamfara,yobe.It depend how far u see the opportunity.Wish u well
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by ipobarecriminals: 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
chieni:

thanks for your reply, what if one doesn't have a relative, what is the range of prices for self contain in lag
self contain. from 200,250,(mainland)but *cough* Island. be ready to cough out 400k upward
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
self contain. from 200,250,(mainland)but *cough* Island. be ready to cough out 400k upward
wow that's really expensive. isn't there houses within the range of 40k, cause I have heard of students lodges that are less than 100k
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by Mrval20(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
chieni:

First of all, can you influence your posting?

If yes, I'll give you a formula that worked for me.

Someone here on Nairaland advised me when I was seeking just like yourself and it worked by God's grace.
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by ipobarecriminals: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
lipsrsealed grin grin grin cheesy wink angry shocked
chieni:

wow that's really expensive. isn't there houses within the range of 40k, cause I have heard of students lodges that are less than 100k
wink
chieni:

40k? i doubt. maybe Ajegunle,shibiri/okoko,partially Agege/mushin(Face me i face u or house on top of soak away/sewage or far backyard where u go dey here diff fruuuuuuuu,poooooooo,papapapa,gbi gbommmm from nearby* sneeze*.U beta pick Oyo State

6 Likes

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
lipsrsealed grin grin grin cheesy wink angry shocked wink40k? i doubt. maybe Ajegunle,shibiri/okoko,partially Agege/mushin(Face me i face u or house on top of soak away/sewage or far backyard where u go dey here diff fruuuuuuuu,poooooooo,papapapa,gbi gbommmm from nearby* sneeze*.U beta pick Oyo State
Loooool u are really funny

1 Like

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mrval20:

Someone here on Nairaland advised me when I was seeking just like yourself and it worked by God's grace.
OK what's the formular
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Common! Let's serve in OYO together now tongue
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by feezy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
chieni:

you think say na owerri or abakaliki

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by Lumie08(f): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2017
Mrval20:

please can u share the formular with us

1 Like

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by Mrval20(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2017
chieni:

OK what's the formular
Serve in Ogun state, try your best to get posted to a LGA close to Lagos (Sango, Ota, Mowe, Ibafo etc etc), then start applying to jobs and attending interviews in Lagos immediately you resume at your PPA.

If you're lucky, you'd get something before you conclude your service year.

I'm assuming you want to enjoy the benefits of Lagos state without actually serving in Lagos.

Cc: Lumie08

4 Likes

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by MrOreo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ibadan is okay, with your 60k you'll get a nice selfcon or 150k for a 3bedroom flat then you'll look for flatmates so you'll split the bill, which is not difficult. Or you settle for a room with your 40k and share kitchen and toilet with people.
Ib is relatively cheap compared to lagos. I'd pick ibadan over and over again...
My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
MrOreo:
Ibadan is okay, with your 60k you'll get a nice selfcon or 150k for a 3bedroom flat then you'll look for flatmates so you'll split the bill, which is not difficult. Or you settle for a room with your 40k and share kitchen and toilet with people.
Ib is relatively cheap compared to lagos. I'd pick ibadan over and over again...
My 2cents
wow seems you served there
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by wintersnow(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2017
I intend serving in Oyo too, we can stay together just to cut down cost wink
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by MrOreo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
chieni:

wow seems you served there
I did, and it was an unforgettable experience, will pick IB over and over again.
I intend visiting again soon

1 Like

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
MrOreo:

I did, and it was an unforgettable experience, will pick IB over and over again.
I intend visiting again soon
cool so what were those experiences you had that would make you choose Ib over and over again.
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
wintersnow:
I intend serving in Oyo too, we can stay together just to cut down cost wink
you must be joking right, you expect me to live in the same house with a guy that I don't know not even a female. OK oh you are on your own
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by MrOreo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
chieni:

cool so what were those experiences you had that would make you choose Ib over and over again.
Ib is cheap, transportation wise, commodity wise, nice spots and so on... when you've made up your mind to serve there, give me a mention. I'll tell you one or two things about the place. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
MrOreo:

Ib is cheap, transportation wise, commodity wise, nice spots and so on... when you've made up your mind to serve there, give me a mention. I'll tell you one or two things about the place. Have a nice day
thanks, you too.
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by wintersnow(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
chieni:

you must be joking right, you expect me to live in the same house with a guy that I don't know not even a female. OK oh you are on your own

Dearie am not like that joor... grin
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by chieni(f): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
wintersnow:

Dearie am not like that joor... grin
I laugh in Spanish. I know you are very good
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by ShockMajor: 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
MrOreo:

Hw far bro, me ive made up my mind to serve there....please what are the one or two things......also in terms of ppa., hows the place
Re: Serving In Oyo Or Lagos Help by MrOreo(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2017
ShockMajor:

Hw far bro, me ive made up my mind to serve there....please what are the one or two things......also in terms of ppa., hows the place
Though I went prepared. When you're in camp, b4 your 3weeks elapses, meet an official and explain that you want to be posted to the town. That's the 1st step.
Try as much to enjoy ur 3weeks in camp.

(1) (Reply)

Benue State 2015 Batch B pls let us meet here / Ebonyi State Nysc Camp / Infostrategy Technology, A Company To Avoid During Service Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.