Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin (19021 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by AloyEmeka5: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2010
2 movie stars killed in Benin
Posted To The Web: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - Posted By OnlineNigeria.com
Tag: artists Eghosa Idehen Erhauyi Ogheide murder

BENIN—COMMERCIAL activities were almost brought to a standstill in Benin yesterday, as two Benin-based local actors, Mr. Erhauyi Ogheide, a.k.a Ukeke and Eghosa Idehen, also known as Erejiro, were Tuesday evening shot dead by suspected assassins.

The duo were said to have been killed in the residence of Ukeke’s father-in-law located at 39, Ore-Oghene Street in Benin metropolis at about 8pm.

Vanguard learnt that the two artists were reportedly shot dead by unknown killers shortly after returning from a location in Iguomo community, near Benin, where they had gone to shoot a Bini film soon to be released.

The five-man killer squad said to be on the trail of the two artists reportedly made straight for the sitting room where the actors and their host were meeting.

It was further gathered that Ukeke was shot twice at close range, while Erejiro, who had earlier escaped into a bathroom, was also shot at close range in his hideout.

Their host, Chief Olaye, it was also gathered, was not spared by the suspected assassins who reportedly shot him in the mouth before making away with handsets of the victims in a Toyota Camry car they came in.

Chief Olaye is said to be receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital in Benin, just as the remains of the deceased artists have been deposited at the mortuary by the police.

Following the gruesome murder of the two artists, their fans took to the streets of Benin to protest the killing.

http://news1.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=37&z=2
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by 0hsisi: 1:28am On Mar 12, 2010
sad
pictures please
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by mamagee3(f): 1:53am On Mar 12, 2010
Quite sad, Can you post their pictures. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 12, 2010
That's truly tragic.

Do you have any pictures of the murdered men? Their names don't ring any bells with me.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by AloyEmeka5: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thats how people die like chicken everyday in Nigeria.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by AloyEmeka5: 2:51am On Mar 13, 2010
Can't find their pictures but I know one of them sha.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by lysaa(f): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
i wish i could see their pictures. .but do people hate people this much?
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by snowdrops(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
Mr. Erhauyi Ogheide, a.k.a Ukeke

Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by dominique(f): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2010
oh my goodness, this is no random killing but the works of hired assassins.
my heart goes out to their families sad.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
My condolences to the family. In the mean time lets us all pray for our friends and family back home and also for Nigeria itself, that country is slowly combusting before our very eyes.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by 3kay945(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2010
those killers and sponsorer shouldnt die again, dey wil surely reap what dey ve sown!,
and what kind of seed have they planted in mind of d children of d victims.?
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by honeric01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
He that kill by the sword shall also die by the sword, God'll surely reward their killers.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by aje49ja(m): 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2010
I feel so sorry 4 them
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by bookface: 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

and more will be killed and their assailants will continue to go scot free!

and many more will be killed, while Nigerians still shout "we are not terrorists. . . we are a buncha happy people who love being slaughtered!"

and many more will be killed while some nut case come around to sell a "rebranded country" to Nigerians, and Nigerian's in their gullible states will accept hook line and sinker!

and even more will be killed while some idíot opens his buccal cavity and shouts "why do we need to protest?". . .and even others will sit in their pathetic state and hum "god will judge".

we hail thee Nigeria. . . the land that flows with the blood of slaughtered innocents!
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by ElRazur: 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
smiley
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by latiana(f): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2010
Pathetic
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2010
. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by vanesa(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
Rest in peace Love! I miss and love you Ukeke
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by marocguy(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
2 bad. Naija na wa oh
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2010
Some people no even know what to joke with.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by ElRazur: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
eldee:

Being a clown is okay . . . but doing this just after this gruesome murder is silly.
Stop using the internet as an excuse.

I'm really disappointed in you.

Really? God forbid, I have a mind of mine. It may be good idea to bear that in mind.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by THEAMAKA(f): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2010
OMG!!! UKEKE? shocked shocked shocked shocked
i love his song Makosa!!! wow. so sad.
na wa for these random killings ooooooo
cry embarassed
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by yme1(f): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2010
MIERDA who is gonna make me laff when watching the Benin movies
why nah whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cry cry
my condolences to the family cry cry
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Genuflect(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2010
When will all these killings stop for God's sake? May their souls rest in peace
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2010
shocking
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eldee(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2010
. . .
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by tjadeba(m): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

I have a feeling their movies are so bad that someone had enough of Nollywood junk on their screen and have them popped. Yeah sue me.

grin

whats this laughter all about? whAts so funny about yur deranged comment?senseless fool!
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by eddy1977(m): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Really? God forbid, I have a mind of mine. It may be good idea to bear that in mind.

i am clapping for you Elrazur; you are enjoying the death of other human beings.
only god knows if you have a hand in this.

anyway, when u will get shot in the a$$,we will post silly comments here. lipsrsealed
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by AloyEmeka5: 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2010
I think the moderator should delete Elhazur's comment. It's very callous and insensitive.
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by yme1(f): 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
tjadeba:

whats this laughter all about? whAts so funny about yur deranged comment?senseless fool!
lmao
but true
Re: 2 Nollywood Stars Shot Dead In Benin by ElRazur: 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
Eldee,

This is not a dedication thread. This is just another news thread. Nothing here is dedicated to them. Let's call a spade, a spade shall we? I understand plenty people may not appreciate my humour. However to try and use me as a comparison to those who killed them is a bit over the top.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Sends Lunch Money To Her Twitter Fans / Ali Baba: Pensions Of Policemen Who Are Trigger Happy Should Be Paid To Victims / Tonto Dikeh Foundation Shows Love To The Less Priviledged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.