Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Did I Handle This Well Please Read - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Handle This Well Please Read (718 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2017
So today I went to church (African aunties HQ)

After church I came out and I saw one aunty showing another aunty who I don't know, a picture of one of my parents that recently died - she was trying to jog the other aunties memory, so I guess she was discussing my late parent death.

She then asked me how am I etc, I said fine and it was calm. She then got to the koko of the matter and asked me what am I doing now, am I working studying etc. I said both, she said what am I studying is it something got do with fashion I said no, I am doing a one year course and will start university in September and I will tell you what the course is when I start. She then asked me where I work I said my job title and she said its good. We then said our goodbyes.

As I was walking another aunty stopped me and she said aunty (the one I was talking to) was looking for me, I said OK. She asked me how I am, how am I getting on etc I said fine just getting on with things since thatparent of mine died. She then went in for the killa and asked me whether my other parent who is still alive has gone back to work! That parent has, but I said I don't know as I didn't want to disclose info. She then asked me whether I have gone back to school I said I am taking a year out and I start next September.. We talked a bit more generally then we went our separate ways.

I give myself the benefit of the doubt as I was taken by surprisebut if I could go
back what I would do differently is

To the first aunty tell her im working and studying and everything is fine and if they asked for details I would have said oh don't worry aunty everything is fine.

And to the second one I should have said "oh you can call them and find out" in a friendly tone, and if she asked about my schooling I could say "oh don't worry everything is fine"
I regret giving out the little information I did, I swear to GOD that will be the last time.

How do you deal with people asking about your work and studies? Do you tell them your life
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by delishpot: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2017
You did good. I see no reason why you would let such a trivial issue eat at your heart. Stop it!!! Sorry for your loss BTW. Wisdom comes to play when you encounter situations you are not comfortable in. Just say all is well and the family is getting back on track and they should support you guys with prayers. Then thank them for their concern. No long thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by psalmson001: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2017
All these monitoring spirits that will not let someone be in peace.......its not as if they are ready to assist if you had said all is not well o.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by SAMBARRY: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2017
Africans are extremely nosy people especially those churchy mamas and trust me they're not asking because they care.They are asking because they need information to use to gossip about and go home to compare your progress with their own kids and they unknowingly breed resentment with their busybody behavior.that's when any small thing their daughter or son does they'll say can't you be like tunde.I saw tunde in church now he told me he has a job now and he's also schooling,then the other child will now start hating or getting jealous of you.you won't understand why he's hating on you when he's supposed to be happy for you.they're the ones that always fuel unhealthy rivalry.

Next time if they ask you about your personal information and you're not willing to share just tell them respectfully and in a playful manner I don't want to talk about it however if you feel concerned remember me in your prayers

Note that not everyone asking how are you genuinely cares how you really are.

All this mama and aunty church have turned church into social gathering gossip centre so to avoid them once pastor says the grace,carry your bag and leave.
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you
SAMBARRY:
Africans are extremely nosy people especially those churchy mamas and trust me they're not asking because they care.They are asking because they need information to use to gossip about and go home to compare your progress with their own kids and they unknowingly breed resentment with their busybody behavior.that's when any small thing their daughter or son does they'll say can't you be like tunde.I saw tunde in church now he told me he has a job now and he's also schooling,then the other child will now start hating or getting jealous of you.you won't understand why he's hating on you when he's supposed to be happy for you.they're the ones that always fuel unhealthy rivalry.

Next time if they ask you about your personal information and you're not willing to share just tell them respectfully and in a playful manner I don't want to talk about it however if you feel concerned remember me in your prayers

Note that not everyone asking how are you genuinely cares how you really are.

All this mama and aunty church have turned church into social gathering gossip centre so to avoid them once pastor says the grace,carry your bag and leave.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Robots That Can Have Babies Could Be Available Soon / An Open Letter To Young Nigerian Mothers / She Thought He Was Joking, Turns Out Her Boyfriend Was Really Proposing (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.