Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans (385 Views)

"Enugu Police Took My Friend & Girlfriend Away After They Found iPhone With Him" / Photos Of Kidnapper Evans Smiling In Handcuffs As He Arrives Court Today(pics) / Kidnapper Evans’ Secretary Arrested; His Truck Yard Uncovered In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by Fattycoal9: 7:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Alleged billionaire kidnap kingpin Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike (a.k.a. Evans) has accused seven senior police officers and others on the Inspector-General (IG) Intelligence Response Team of extortion and sexual assault.

He alleged that the investigators forcibly obtained his cash in local and foreign currency, phones, wrist watches, jewelry, television, cars and trucks.

Evans claimed that his girlfriend, Amaka Offor, “was roundly sexually molested and abused by the above policemen of the Inspector General of Police Intelligence Response Team”.

In an October 13, 2017 petition written on his behalf by his counsel, Mr. Olukoya Ogungbeje, he called for “appropriate sanctions and dismissal of the culpable police officers and policemen”.

The lawyer claimed that the policemen “forcefully and corruptly extorted” N50 million from Evans and his wife was also forced to part with another N5 million.

A sum of $10,000 was also allegedly forcibly taken from him.

He listed other items to include a Brigade wristwatch, valued at $117; a $70,000 pendant cross; a necklace of $25,000; a Virtu phone worth $30,000; a Virtu Signature phone valued at $17,000; and five pieces of Saphono Ruccu diamond rings worth $100,000.

Ogungbeje also accused the police of taking away from his apartment, his 85-inch Samsung television set, worth N6.5 million.

Other items were 25 Mack trucks; a Lexus 470 jeep; a Grand Cherokee jeep; a L400 Mitsubishi Bus and a gold-colour Toyota Highlander jeep.

The lawyer alleged that Evans’ girlfriend, one Amaka Offor, “was roundly sexually molested and abused by the police team”.

But Force spokesman CSP Moshood Jimoh and Head of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) ACP Abba Kyari described Evan’s lawyer as someone on deliberate misleading allegations of extortion against the police.

In separate interviews with The Nation yesterday, the two officers expressed disgust over Ogungbeje’s claim that IRT operatives had extorted expensive telephone handsets, vehicles, money and other valuables from his client.

Jimoh said it was unfortunate that a handful of people, who claim to be very knowledgeable easily resort to desperate name-calling against the police when officers and men are only carrying out their basic statutory duties in the interest of millions of citizens.

“As for the allegations being made against policemen, who are investigating the kidnap suspect, I can assure you that they are unfounded claims.

“That notwithstanding, our officers and men will neither be intimidated nor distracted from performing their statutory responsibilities,” he stated.
source:http://www.shelegangan.com/2017/10/police-took-my-n55m-10000-29-vehicles.html

Re: ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by awa(m): 7:42am On Oct 16, 2017
Too bad they truly rob you though it's only in Nigeria this kind of event can happen. May God help this country
Re: ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by pyyxxaro: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2017
I cant stake my balls for naija police

What Evan's lawyer has accused them of ,is not too hard for them to do embarassed

There even suck Uncle Evans babe bweast join cry
Re: ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2017
Stupid idiot, they "stole" those things to present it as exhibit in court. And after the trial, when you have been sentenced, that's when they will share your properties. A dead man has no need for such properties.
Re: ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Even the IG Ibrahim idris is a sexual molester.
Re: ‘police Took My N55m, $10,000, 29 Vehicles, Others’- Kidnapper Evans by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 16, 2017
Dreamwaker:
Stupid idiot, they "stole" those things to present it as exhibit in court. And after the trial, when you have been sentenced, that's when they will share your properties. A dead man has no need for such properties.
Are you justifying the police actions?Did they seek a court order before they invade his home to steal those properties?

(1) (Reply)

Man Bags Two Years In Jail For Smuggling Indian Hemp Into Kirikiri Prison / Police Nabs NSCDC, Traffic Officers Over Expired Drugs sales / Police Arrest Nurse For Allegedly Stealing Hospital Equipments (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.