Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,175 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:13 AM

A Case For Medical Practitioners! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Case For Medical Practitioners! (582 Views)

Okpaleke Doctors: 6 Nigerian Siblings Working As Medical Practitioners Go Viral / Top 10 Nigerian Medical Practitioners In America / Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt Doctors, Nurses Top List Of Banned Practitioners In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Case For Medical Practitioners! by INFOTECH2: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2017
Imaging having to attend to over 20 patients on a daily basis in the delivery room. Just one Doctor! This was the situation at the General Hospital where my wife was delivered of our baby. This can be really stressful for the individual who has to see to different emotions of all the expectant mothers

And when complications arise, they also have to attend to this. Being a Government Hospital, I was actually surprised at how clean the environment was. The Government is actually doing a lot to try and improve Health Centres and General Hospitals, but it would also be of benefit if more Doctors are employed and deployed appropriately.

Employing more Doctors and Nurses would be of benefit to the state and citizens. This would ease the waiting time patients have to go through and ensure that we do not spend the whole day at the Hospital. Patients can then go home and rest after treatment.

In summary, I would like to thank the Government and Doctors and Nurses on duty that very day.

Thank You all once again.

Source: First Time Daddy

1 Like

Re: A Case For Medical Practitioners! by INFOTECH2: 7:58am On Jan 01, 2018
Nigerian doctors deserve more but government seems to be doing little.

Most of them are now seeking greener pastures outside our shores even though they were trained here.
Re: A Case For Medical Practitioners! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2018
Thank you Brova, here is a good man who has looked beyond the lines and seen things in perspective.
Two things are the bane of the health sector:
1) Too few personnel and by its side, underemployment
2) We're under equipped.

Once these are taken care of, service delivery would improve and there would be less mortality.

During my youth service, I was the only doctor (asides the PMO) at the general hospital where I was posted, working 24/7 till another doc was posted 6months later. There is no way I could have been optimally efficient.
Nigerians should quit blaming doctors for poor service delivery and put pressure on the govt to revamp the health sector. A doctor is bound by oath to do his best for his patient in the prevailing circumstance, no one is happy seeing the patient poorly managed.
Re: A Case For Medical Practitioners! by ultron12345: 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
Nigerians won't comment on this thread but if it were a post about a patient that died in the hospital, they will gather themselves like a swarm of bees and storm the thread, taking it to the 20th page in just an hour, condemning the doctors without trying to find out the cause of the death, calling them incompetent, as if patients don't die in US and UK hospitals.
Its make me feel that most Nigerians have nothing for doctors but pure bitterness, hatred and envy, most especially those who wanted to read medicine but couldn't pass waec and jamb, they unleash all their anger and frustrations on doctors at the slightest opportunity.
Re: A Case For Medical Practitioners! by INFOTECH2: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
As much as all sectors are in dire shape in the country, Doctors and the health sector needs to improved on.

Why should all our health personnel,who are trained here , all travel out to another country.

Why not also. They are not treated fairly
Re: A Case For Medical Practitioners! by INFOTECH2: 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Who will help repair the health sector in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Some Personal Care Items You Must Never Share! / Things You Should Not Eat Or Drink While Eating And Why / Amazing Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.