Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,222 members, 7,780,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:00 PM

Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! (5263 Views)

Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Cultists Who Surrendered Weapons, Graduate From Bible School In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2017
This is a response thread to alBHAGDADI thread https://www.nairaland.com/4117606/how-answer-question-where-did

IT IS A COMMON BELIEF THAT MOST CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THAT JESUS (PBUH) IS GOD AND THAT GOD CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO BECOME A MAN.
In this Article,we will look in bible passages and see what they are saying…and whether christian claims are true or not !

Throughout the New Testament of the Bible, Jesus (pbuh) referred to himself as “son of man” (human being). He never possessed the knowledge, nor any Divine ability that of GOD. Jesus (pbuh) was never self-sufficient or all-knowledgeable and most importantly he prayed to GOD, so this is enough to say that he wasn’t God nor did God come down to earth to be Jesus.

The one thing Most Christians don’t understand about God is that His Divine Nature, Knowledge, Abilities, and Attributes are far more superior to the nature of His Creation. Many Christians will proudly say that GOD can become whatever He wants just to justify their way of thinking, but this ideology contradicts His Nature and Self proclaimed statement in Numbers 23:19 about how He is not a man, nor the “son of man”!

If GOD Himself says He is not the “son of man” while Jesus (pbuh) clearly claims to be the “son of man”, then this proves beyond a resonable doubt that they’re not the same diety so who gives anyone the authority or right to change GOD’s Nature? GOD cannot be the opposite of what He is!I sincerely hope with this proof Christians will apply this understanding with an open mind and heart that at no time GOD ever became a powerless man on earth and forfeited His Divne Nature for 33 years while no diety governed the World…it’s that simple!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2017
JESUS IS NOT ALL-KNOWING LIKE GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son (Servant), but the Father (God).” [Mark 13:32]
JESUS (PBUH) IS NOT EQUAL TO GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

Jesus (pbuh) said, “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” [John 5:30]

Another translation of the same verse:
Jesus (pbuh) said, “By myself I can do NOTHING; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.” [John 5:30]

Jesus (pbuh) said, “The Father is greater than I.” [John 14:28]

Jesus (pbuh) said, “The father is greater than all.” [John 10:29]

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.” [John 7:16]

“Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater (meizon) than his master, nor is one who is sent greater (meizon) than the one who sent him.” [John 13:16]

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bedspread: 9:52am On Oct 16, 2017
JUST SHARAPPPP SIR
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2017
GOD CANNOT BE SEEN WITH THE NAKED EYE. NO ONE HAS SEEN GOD, SO JESUS IS NOT GOD!

Jesus (pbuh) said; “No one has seen God at any time.” [John 1:18]

Jesus (pbuh) said; “Not that any man hath seen the Father.” [John 6:46]

“No vision can grasp Him, but He grasps all vision. He is Al-Latîf (the Most Subtle and Courteous), Well-Acquainted with all things.” [Qur’an 6:103]

“GOD continued, “But you may not see my face. No one can see me and live.” [Exodus 33:20]

“The invisible God.” [Colossians 1:15]

“Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.” [1 Timothy 1:17]

Whom no man hath seen nor can see.” [1 Timothy 6:16]

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2017
grin
See confusion in the body of Abrahamic religions grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by analice107: 10:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Mr Muslim, mind Islam you hear? Mind your lying allah.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2017
JESUS (PBUH) IS A SERVANT OF GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

Jesus (pbuh) said; “Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve.” [Matthew 20:28]

Behold my servant (Jesus), whom I have chosen.” [Matthew 12:18]

“The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, hath glorified his servant Jesus.” [Acts 3:13 RSV]

“For of a truth against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou hast anointed.” [Acts 4:27 RSV]

JESUS (PBUH) PRAYED TO GOD, DOES GOD PRAY TO HIMSELF?

• Jesus prayed for guidance in places of quiet solitude – “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” [Mark 1:35]

“But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.” [Luke 5:16]

• Jesus prayed for His disciples and for all believers -“Holy Father (GOD), protect them by the power of your name-the name you have shown me-so that they may be one as we are one” [John 17:11].

• Jesus prayed in praise to God, the Father – “At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, ‘I praise you, Father, lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.’” [Luke 10:21]

• Jesus prayed in a posture and with an attitude of reverent submission – “Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will’” [Matthew 26:39]

• Jesus prayed in times of anguish – “And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.” [Luke 22:44]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2017
analice107:
Mr Muslim, mind Islam you hear? Mind your lying allah.
Refute me then liar, worshipper of Paul's religion.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
grin
See confusion in the body of Abrahamic religions grin
Get out of here Item, you are not a Christian. Let me deal with them first.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2017
JESUS (PBUH) HAS A GOD, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” [John 20:17]

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…” [1 Peter 1:3]

“At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, ‘I praise you, Father, lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.’” [Luke 10:21]

Jesus (pbuh) said, “And this is life eternal, that they might know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” [John 17:3]

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.” [John 7:16]

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2017
GOD IS NOT A MAN NOR SON OF MAN (HUMAN BEING), SO JESUS (PBUH) IS NOT GOD!

“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” [Numbers 23:19]

“Thy unclothedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet [thee as] a man.” [Isaiah 47:3]

Jesus (pbuh) is The “Son of Man” (a Human Being). There is not one Bible verse, Old or New Testament, that states that God Almighty, the Most High, is a man, ever desired to be a man, or intended to become a man ! In fact, he said the exact opposite. “God is not a man”. Jesus is called “son of man” 84 times in the Gospels. God called Ezekiel “son of man” 90 times in the book of Ezekiel. Whatever Ezekiel was, as to manhood, Jesus was also.

“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know.” [Acts 2:22]

“Say (O Muhammad) He is Allah the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone.” [Qur’an 112]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2017
JESUS (PBUH) IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PROPHET AND THE MESSIAH ACCORDING TO BOTH THE BIBLE AND THE QUR’AN, SO HE’S NOT GOD!

“The woman said to Him (Jesus), “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.” [John 4:19]

“So they said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a prophet.” [John 9:17]

“And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.” [Matthew
21:11]

“Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen up among us”; and, “God has visited His people.” [Luke 7:16]

Peter is recorded saying “And He said to them, “What things?” So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, [Luke 24:19]

“Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, “This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” [John 6:14]

“they counted him (Jesus) as a prophet.” [Matthew 14:5]

“they took Him (Jesus) for a prophet.”

Matthew 21:46]

“Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.” [Matthew 13:57]

Jesus said, “Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.” [Qur’an 19:30]

So it is established by this statement, they thought he was a prophet and He acknowledged this.

“Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, “Truly this is the Prophet.” Others said, “This is the Christ.” [John 7:40-41]

Now we have a distinction, Jesus is not just a prophet but the Messiah, of whom there is onlyone. The Qur’an confirms this so therefore the Qur’an cannot be a lie as so many Christians claim!

‘Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?” Peter replied, “You are the Messiah sent from God!'” [Luke 9:20 kjv]

The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” [John 4:25-26]

“The angels said, “O Mary, GOD gives you good news: a Word from Him whose name is `The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary. He will be prominent in this life and in the Hereafter, and one of those closest to Me.” [Qur’an 3:45]

“The Messiah, son of Mary, is no more than a
messenger like the messengers before him, and his mother was a saint. Both of them used to eat the food. Note how we explain the revelations for them, and note how they still deviate!” [Qur’an 5:75]

“O people of the scripture (Jews and Christians), do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was a messenger of GOD, and His word that He had sent to Mary, and a revelation from Him.” [Qur’an 4:171]

“The Messiah (Jesus) would never disdain from being a servant of GOD, nor would the closest angels. Those who disdain from worshipping Him, and are too arrogant to submit, He will summon them all before Him.” [Qur’an 4:172]

Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: “Do not over-praise me as the Christians over-praised Jesus the son of Mary. I am His slave, so say: ‘God’s slave and messenger’.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2017
NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE OR THE QUR’AN DOES IT SAY THAT JESUS (PBUH) IS GOD, SO RESPECTFULLY, JESUS (PBUH) IS NOT GOD AND GOD IS NOT JESUS…POINT BLANK, PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by zionmade1: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:

NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE OR THE QUR’AN DOES IT SAY THAT JESUS (PBUH) IS GOD, SO RESPECTFULLY, JESUS (PBUH) IS NOT GOD AND GOD IS NOT JESUS…POINT BLANK, PERIOD!
U sound too angry and frustrated. Hope suicide is not ur next line of action.
Or rather did the bomb they strapped on u fail to detonate and u are missing ur 72 virgins already?.
If u want to kill urself, pm i have a free rope for u. U cant be suffering on earth wen u have 72 virgins (out of which 36 are 9 yr old kids and 36 are virgin widows) waiting for u in ur heaven (AKA hell)

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:
Get out of here Item, you are not a Christian. Let me deal with them first.
cheesy
Will Allah throw billions of christians in hell fire for regarding him as Satan?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

Or rather did the bomb they strapped on u fail to detonate and u are missing ur 72 virgins already?.
If u want to kill urself, pm i have a free rope for u. U cant be suffering on earth wen u have 72 virgins (out of which 36 are 9 yr old kids and 36 are virgin widows) waiting for u in ur heaven (AKA hell)
it hasn't gotten to that yet na. He's speaking from the content of the book he believes. It's a free world. Not all muslims are violent. I still have muslim friends.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2017
iamgenius:

There places in the Bible that says Jesus Christ is God.

1---- Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

2- ---- Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

3----John 10:29-36 KJV
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one. [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

These above scpriptures show that Jesus is God.
Because a lion was given birth to does not remove it from being lion. Son of God is God.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

There places in the Bible that says Jesus Christ is God.

1---- Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

2- ---- Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

LOL, the works of drunk Esias cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
LOL, the works of drunk Esias cheesy
It is not meant for you because you are not existing.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 11:20am On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

It is not meant for you because you are not existing.
Why do you say I'm not existing when my typing on here is a glaring proof that I am? Or do you take me for fictitious Jesus who's a fictitious character?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 11:25am On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
Why do you say I'm not existing when my typing on here is a glaring proof that I am? Or do you take me for fictitious Jesus who's a fictitious character?

Since you refuse to also see the glaring proof that God exists then you don't exist as well.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

Since you refuse to also see the glaring proof that God exists then you don't exist as well.
I am not an atheist. I know that God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Mazda, Vishnu, Moloch, Atum and all things exist. According to the Doctufos of truth, God Almighty is not a separate entity from us. It lives in us all. God is Love.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
I am not an atheist. I know that God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Mazda, Vishnu, Moloch, Atum and all things exist. According to the Doctufos of truth, God Almighty is not a separate entity from us. It lives in us all. God is Love.

God knows all things ,if He is dwelling in you, can you tell me little about myself. My age , profession ,number of children etc.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

ooo duun weere

No verses to counter it ba?

Uno go sha enjoy am

or u want like two out of them?

Annoffiya

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

you claim to have seen things. In dis world but see how you are messing
Kaikaikai. Too bad

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

God knows all things ,if He is dwelling in you, can you tell me little about myself. My age , profession ,number of children etc.

No I cannot tell you about yourself because you cannot tempt THE LORD YOUR GOD. cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by zionmade1: 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
umarshek6:
ooo duun weere

No verses to counter it ba?

Uno go sha enjoy am

or u want like two out of them?

Annoffiya
how about we talking about how good (wickedly good) mohammd felt the first time he misvirgined an innocent 9yr kid who he should be buying biscuits and sweets for rather than destroying her life with his short prick.
ewu gambia
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by wolesmile(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
OtemATum, get outta this thread.
felixomor, any counter argument?
plapville, truthman2012, bennyann, ScienceWatch, DoctorAlien, Analice107, parisbookaddict, oaroloye, ishilove, alBHAGDADI, and others, iamgenius has brought food o!
enilove, I'm a lil busy now. Address the passages quoted. Perhaps they were taken out of contest, who knows. But on the ones you quoted, we will discuss them at length.
I dey come.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
zionmade1:

Address the issue up there, don't do insult.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:

No I cannot tell you about yourself because you cannot tempt THE LORD YOUR GOD. cheesy

But God know me , He knows my ancestors with their name , where they were born and age they were when they died.
God knows everything about me .
He knows what I am going to become if I keep his commandments .

It is the Holy Spirit that dwells in us. And he doesn't dwell in the body of a liar, formictor ,gossiper , adolater etc.

If you believe in God Almighty , the Creator of heaven and the earth , you will believe in Jesus.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
enilove:

But God know me , He knows my ancestors with their name , where they were born and age they were when they died.
God knows everything about me .
He knows what I am going to become if I keep his commandments .

It is the Holy Spirit that dwells in us. And he doesn't dwell in the body of a liar, formictor ,gossiper , adolater etc.

If you believe in God Almighty , the Creator of heaven and the earth , you will believe in Jesus.

Yes, God knows everything about you which you write up here, I didn't argue that with you. But God is not a gossip who will reveal things about on person to another person for no good reason. I don't knoe if Yahweh does gossiping, but God Almighty his father will not do such. He leaves us to use our brains to achieve all things.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by OtemAtum: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
wolesmile:
OtemATum, get outta this thread.
felixomor, any counter argument?
plapville, truthman2012, bennyann, ScienceWatch, DoctorAlien, Analice107, parisbookaddict, oaroloye, ishilove, alBHAGDADI, and others, iamgenius has brought food o!
enilove, I'm a lil busy now. Address the passages quoted. Perhaps they were taken out of contest, who knows. But on the ones you quoted, we will discuss them at length.
I dey come.

What I do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Morality And Ethics Holding Back Science? / As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.