Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" (16519 Views)

Omotunde Adebowale-David Car Accident In Pictures / Omotunde Adebowale-David Lolo1’s Mother Remarries At 56 (Photos, Video) / Omotunde Adebowale David With Her Children In Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by queensera(f): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2017
In her recent speech with Hip TV, the super star OAP & Actress "Lolo1" stated that most songs being publicized right now are just about having fun.

She expressed disappointment at the present state of affairs being a far cry from what was obtainable in the past.

“I’m not sure if they’re passing any message because if you are looking at the content of music, what will you say you’re buying? It’s not that everybody talks crap but 97% of it has no meaning. ‘Bangdadadang’, what does that mean? ‘Skibidipapap’, doesn’t have any meaning, ‘Wo!’, it’s just play, we are just having [fun]

“It’s not like the music of Obey, Barrister, Sunny Ade, they had depth, they had what they wanted to pass, even though we have people here in this current generation that are doing conscious music, Fela was a great advocate, he did a lot of social impact in music.. but in this generation, i’m not sure” She said.

Watch Video Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta4XLnLz0YQ

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2017/10/97-of-nigerian-songs-of-nowadays-have.html

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by biacan(f): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2017
You on point lolo

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2017
Aside Asa, I don't know any other Nigerian new age musician

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2017
Damn fact!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nbote(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2017
All dey do is get gud beats and den say wateva comes to mind and rhymes with d beat

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by kay29000(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2017
That's true. That is why I love me some 'SIMI.' I love that girl's songs, and her singing voice is so sweet.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Papiikush: 11:29am On Oct 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Aside Asa, I don't know any other Nigerian new age musician

Timi dakolo
Dare art alade
Kobams
BEZ
Aramide
Brymo
2face

Just to mention a few.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2017
Papiikush:

Timi dakola
Dare art alade
Kobams
BEZ

Just to mention a few.
Ok. Good.

I will check their songs out

2 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by OboOlora(f): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Ok. Good.

I will check their songs out

Please add Brymo and Black Magic

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Uyi168: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Its already an established fact
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by uresponsible: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
I will check
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by philip0906(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Bullocks!

Music is simply defined as vocal or instrumental sounds or both, combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony or emotion.In simple terms, anything that sounds good to the ear.
Music is not just about lyrics but also sound and it is universal. If music were about lyrics alone, how would a world of different languages connect? Reason why Davido, Wizkid and co have fans from around the globe-including French speaking countries, portugese speaking countries. They would shut down any show in any of these countries where they have fans.
Some years back, Gangnam Style by the south Korean Pop star Psy, took the world by storm. Till date, it is one of the most watched songs on youtube. MAny people from around the world did not understand jack of what he was saying, but vibed to the beat-which is what music is all about.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by NGBlogger: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
shocked

Meanwhile checkout the trending story below!!

Leaked Bedroom Photo Of Asp, Amina, IGP Concubine

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by seguno2: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari has put 97% in everyone’s mind.

14 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Kingluqman89(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
You dat u can eat for africa... I no blame u.

Olamide no go like this though buh na lolo go first start to dey dance if dem play that WO now.

I no know weda na one corner come make sense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by pweshboi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
nah true now...
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Iseoluwani: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Even a mad man knows

3 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Divay22(f): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Is a known fact.

2 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Wizkid
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Toybreezy: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
every generation of music has those who spew trash songs and those who sing good songs.

4 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by EvilMetahuman: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
She's very wrong

Its actually 99%

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by kennypoka2(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
OboOlora:

Please add Brymo and Black Magic
Add simi

6 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by ahamonyeka(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Most of the songs are passing no message.
If they have shown naked girls they have not started singing.
To me all those their songs are poems.

team old school lyrics that is passing a good message.

4 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Edrevolution: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
So true, good music ends in 1999.

Till date I prefer the 80's and 90's song more

14 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by ijebuloaded(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Gud
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by osemoses1234(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
2baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by lenghtinny(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Wizkid dey scream baby from beginning to the end yet he is the biggest African music export to the world.
Davido get voice wey dey frog jump yet he has the biggest song in Africa this year.
That shows you its not a Nigerian thing but an African thing. Besides music is not all about passing messages always, it depends on the mood of whoever is behind the microphone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by ijebuloaded(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
kay29000:
That's true. That is why I love me some 'SIMI.' I love that girl's songs, and her singing voice is so sweet.

Kuku tok say yu wan marri her cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by grandstar(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
She's so funny! grin grin grin grin grin

A hit song is what counts not whether it makes any meaning.

Many Americans and British songs have no meaning as well. Look at "Don't look back in Anger". Has no meaning to me yet it was Number 1 for weeks in the U.K

Even when they have meaning, the meaning is unimportant.

7 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by victrick105: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Na today, it started even before the dayz of remedies ''shakomo''....down to marvelous benjis ''galala''till date. can somebody tell me the meaning of shakomo and galala?, good Nigerian music ended during the late 90's when new faces started surfacing...and every day by day, the rubbish called nigerian songs keep flooding on my tv sets and radios.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Venus Williams' Attire In The Current French Open? / Lagos Model Ivy Cypriel Unveiled As Red Carpet Host Of Nigeria Fashion Tv(photos / Cha Cha Eke’s Baby, Kamara’s 1st Birthday Glamorousphoto Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.