Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Some Questions For CATHOLICS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Questions For CATHOLICS (1082 Views)

Daily 40 Days Lenten Prayers For Catholics / 6 New Year Resolutions For Catholics / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2017
who gave you that ideology that Catholic church was established by the early Apostles?

Catholic has alot of things they practice that the early apostles never knew about, rather they fought against it with their lives and blood.

Hear this;
1-Did the early apostles use Chaplet/Rosary?

2- Did they observe infant baptism?

3- Did they stop the priests, the apostles or the ministers from getting married?

4- Did they Honour Mary and create songs for her?

5- Were they traditionalists?

6- Did they use holy water?

7-Did they tell anybody about Purgatory rather than eternal Hell fire?

8- Did they gather the names of dead people every November to pray that God will send them to Heaven? When the word of God clearly affirms that there is no repentance, forgiveness, salvation or remission of sin after death.

9- Did they encourage some women not to marry in the name of making them Rev.Sisters?

10- Did they wed women with 8-9months pregnancy in the name of Holy Matrimony?

12- Did they create a suspicious organisation like "KNIGHTS" in the early church?

13- Did they mould the images of Mary and Jesus Christ and began to bow down to it?

1 Like

Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by niceprof: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2017
To what import is this thing you wrote? I am not a catholic but your attitude as depicted above is unchristian .
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Nbote(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2017
If U are not a Catholic why bother about Catholic practices? Why u carry issue wey no concern u for head like dandruff?
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Dnaz(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
ebenice:
who gave you that ideology that Catholic church was established by the early Apostles?

Catholic has alot of things they practice that the early apostles never knew about, rather they fought against it with their lives and blood.

Hear this;

3- Did they stop the priests, the apostles or the ministers from getting married?

8- Did they gather the names of dead people every November to pray that God will send them to Heaven? When the word of God clearly affirms that there is no repentance, forgiveness, salvation or remission of sin after death.

9- Did they encourage some women not to marry in the name of making them Rev.Sisters?

12- Did they create a suspicious organisation like "KNIGHTS" in the early church?

13- Did they mould the images of Mary and Jesus Christ and began to bow down to it?

No. But the holy spirit did reveal those things with time. U could also ask
Did they preach with the bible?
Did they read the new testament?
Did they practice Bible Alone?
Did they preach Faith alone?
Did they define the Trinity?
Did they sow seeds?
Did they tell people that born again is just to declare with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and personal saviour?
Did they preach that once saved you are always saved?
Did they teach that u cannot reject Gods grace?
Did they insist on paying tithes?
Did they preach prosperity Gospel?

4 Likes

Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Hier(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Button line, if you call upon the name of the Lord, though shall be saved
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Dnaz(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
It said thou shall. Not thou art. There is a difference.
Even the thou shall is for those who genuinely call on his name

For not all who call him Lord Lord shall see the kingdom of heaven. But only those who do the will of God
In the same vein many will say we performed all kinds of miracles in his name but he will say to them depart from me for I do not know you
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
niceprof:
To what import is this thing you wrote? I am not a catholic but your attitude as depicted above is unchristian .
what attitude oo?
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dnaz:

No. But the holy spirit did reveal those things with time. U could also ask

The Holy Spirit did not reveal anything since what He last revealed to John in the Book of Revelation. Any "doctrine or dogma" must be backed up by what has been revealed in the Scriptures. If it goes contrary to the revealed word of God then know that it is an heresy.

Dnaz:

Did they preach with the bible?

The Bible otherwise called the Scriptures is the inspired Word of God (God-breathed). The apostles preaching was based on the OT canon and even the epistles of apostles such as Paul was recognised as the Word of God and used in preaching.

Dnaz:

Did they read the new testament?

Yes.

Dnaz:

Did they practice Bible Alone?

Yes.

Dnaz:

Did they preach Faith alone?

Yes.

Dnaz:

Did they define the Trinity?

Yes.

Dnaz:

Did they sow seeds?

Yes.

Dnaz:

Did they tell people that born again is just to declare with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and personal saviour?

Yes, by believing in the gospel, acknowledging your sins and confessing Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

Dnaz:

Did they preach that once saved you are always saved?

No.

Dnaz:

Did they teach that u cannot reject Gods grace?

No.

Dnaz:

Did they insist on paying tithes?

Yes and No.

Dnaz:

Did they preach prosperity Gospel?

Depending on what you mean by "prosperity Gospel" because good news is prosperity. (3 John 2).
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ojobolinda: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Good news is not prosperity, it's salvation....... The good news is '' Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand ''.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Dnaz(m): 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
ebenice:

Hear this;

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Lo I will be with you always until the end of time.
Christ never left his church
The Catholic church is the pillar and foundation of truth
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dnaz:

Lo I will be with you always until the end of time.
Christ never left his church
The Catholic church is the pillar and foundation of truth
what "truth"?
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by An2elect2(f): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
ojobolinda:
Good news is not prosperity, it's salvation....... The good news is '' Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand ''.
The good news is Jesus died for sinners 2Corinthians 5:21 wink
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Dnaz(m): 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
ojobolinda:

Focus on the good news and leave Catholics alone
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
ojobolinda:
THE GOODNEWS IS A TOTAL PACKAGE..PROSPERITY INCLUDED
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
Why are you bothered about Catholics? Leave those guys alone let me continue with their doctrines.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ojobolinda: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2017
Dnaz:

Focus on the good news and leave Catholics alone
What is ur problem?.... Am i d op dat post abt catholic?........ Pls don't mention me again, i wasn't talking to u.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ojobolinda: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE GOODNEWS IS A TOTAL PACKAGE..PROSPERITY INCLUDED
Whatever rock ur boat.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Ubenedictus(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
ebenice:
what "truth"?
would you like to ask Paul?
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ubenedictus:
would you like to ask Paul?
can you ask him for me?

Or better still tell me yourself
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by easymancfc(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2017
ebenice:

Hear this;

interesting points... before I engage you point by point I would like you to answer a question for me..
Your last statement can you prove it...

Where or when did the apostles fight "with their lives and blood" against
1. infant baptism
2. the rosary
3. Celibacy (men and women)

And please be specific.. address the point directly
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
easymancfc:

interesting points... before I engage you point by point I would like you to answer a question for me..
Your last statement can you prove it...

Where or when did the apostles fight "with their lives and blood" against
1. infant baptism
2. the rosary
3. Celibacy (men and women)

And please be specific.. address the point directly
hmm

Seems u are getting it twisted..that paragraph was just prologue ..it wasn't written directly to any actions

And why pick three points out of the many?

And which of the apostles' partook in any of those 3 points you raised?
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by labelle123(f): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
Is only a tree that has fruits that people stone. No church that is hated like the Catholic Church but has always stand come what may.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Ubenedictus(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
ebenice:
can you ask him for me?
Or better still tell me yourself
nah have a nice day arguing with Paul
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ebenice(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ubenedictus:
nah have a nice day arguing with Paul
thanks for making me laugh grin
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
ebenice:
thanks for making me laugh grin

you're most welcome.

its my pleasure.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by ojobolinda: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
niceprof:
This is d attitude dat is killing christianity, hypocrisy everywhere. D op write up is nt unchristian, yours is.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by easymancfc(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
ebenice:
hmm

Seems u are getting it twisted..that paragraph was just prologue ..it wasn't written directly to any actions

And why pick three points out of the many?

And which of the apostles' partook in any of those 3 points you raised?
Am not getting anything twisted.. you are making a false statement which you cannot prove...

I picked these three out not for any particular reason but since you point it out..

the apostles never fought against celibacy.. some of them encouraged it... Paul encouraged celibacy... so did Jesus...

The rosary was not in. existence in their time...

The apostles did baptize infants ...
Peter baptized households which contained infants so did Paul...
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by greencard: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2017
easymancfc:

Am not getting anything twisted.. you are making a false statement which you cannot prove...

I picked these three out not for any particular reason but since you point it out..

the apostles never fought against celibacy.. some of them encouraged it... Paul encouraged celibacy... so did Jesus...

The rosary was not in. existence in their time...

The apostles did baptize infants ...
Peter baptized households which contained infants so did Paul...

did they specifically state it that he/they baptised infant?

Who then invent rosary's?..since it wasn't in existence then

Paul encourage celibacy..celibacy means abstinence from sex ..he never said they should organised a body of nuns and fathers
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Dnaz(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2017
greencard:

Paul encourage celibacy..celibacy means abstinence from sex ..he never said they should organised a body of nuns and fathers

Christ supported celibacy and he said it is to them that can receive it

10 The disciples said to him, "If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is not expedient to marry."
Matthew 19:10

11 But He said to them, "Not all men can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given.
Matthew 19:11

12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to receive this, let him receive it."
Matthew 19:12
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by easymancfc(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2017
greencard:
Households contain children and babies... And they baptized entire households..
Here's a better question Did they specifically say that they did not
greencard:

Prayers evolved.. Most of us don't pray the way 2nd century Jews prayed...
They didn't need a rosary then because whoever needed Mary's prayer could go to her house in Ephesus and pray with her...

greencard:

Celibacy in its proper meaning means abstinence from marriage not necessarily sex.. See 1 cor 7:7, 1 cor 7:32-35, So in a bid to give undivided attention to the Lord's service... The Church decided that Priest or nuns should be celibate just as Jesus said that some made themselves Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom.. See matt 19:12..
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by bahaushe1: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2017
They received those doctrines through divine inspiration.
Re: Some Questions For CATHOLICS by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
No church is hundred percent biblical. Besides, religion is a game.

(1) (Reply)

Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? / What/who rules your soul? / Fake Pastor Caught In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.