Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Starts At Oxford - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Starts At Oxford (355 Views)

National Unity Dance: Drum Major For Peace Stakes N1m Grand Prize, Other Benefit / JUMIA Easter Sale Starts By 12am Mid-night, April 8 - Make Purchase Here / Apply Now: European Commission STARTS Prize 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Starts At Oxford by VirtueDigest: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Malala Yousafzai, the 20-year-old Pakistani activist who was shot by the Taliban for advocating girls’ education, began her studies at the University of Oxford this week.
Ms. Yousafzai, the world’s youngest Nobel Peace Prize laureate, announced on Twitter on Monday that she was attending her first classes at the elite British institution. A picture of a laptop with three school books on logic accompanied the post.

“5 years ago, I was shot in an attempt to stop me from speaking out for girls’ education,” she wrote. “Today, I attend my first lectures at Oxford.”

Ms. Yousafzai was formally accepted to Lady Margaret Hall in August. It is the same Oxford college that Benazir Bhutto, who went on to become the first female prime minister of Pakistan, attended in the 1970s.

Continue Reading at: http://www.virtuedigest.com/malala-yousafzai-nobel-peace-prize-laureate-starts-oxford/

(1) (Reply)

Ghana News: Aseye Amanda Dzokoto Wins 2017 Face Of Girlempowered Business Pagean / Manager, Consumer Products, West & Central Africa / Negotiation Skills For Support Officers Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.