Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:47 AM

Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams (989 Views)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
Lagos – Sen. Bola Tinubu on Tuesday congratulated the leader of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams, on his appointment as the next Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland.

Gani Adams and the Alaafin of Oyo HRH Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III

Tinubu, a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the congratulatory message issued in Lagos said that Adams richly deserved the appointment

He said Adams had never left anyone in doubt over his resolve to fight for the interest of Yoruba race.
“I congratulate you on your appointment as the next Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. With this, you have joined the elite rank of generalissimos in Yorubaland.

“ You deserve this honour. You have a heart of steel. You have never left anyone in doubt about your resolve and readiness to fight for and defend the interest of Yoruba race.

“In Yorubaland, particularly in the old Oyo Empire, the position of Aare Ona Kakanfo has always been a significant one.

Tinubu said that as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo and going through the list of those who had occupied the position, Adams “come with an extra youth, vigour and vitality, which would be an added advantage’’.

“ I rejoice with you and wish you well as you assume this leadership mantle and forge ahead in the service of our people,’’ he said.

Tinubu, a former Governor of Lagos also commended the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi for the appointment of Adams as the Aare Ona Kakanfo.

“I congratulate you Kabiyesi, Iku Baba Yeye, over the appointment of Otunba Gani Adams as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland

“You have accomplished another important task. You have broken the 19 years hiatus in picking another nominee for this prestigious title.

“Otunba Gani Adams’ appointment comes after the demise of the last occupant of the office, Chief MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12 election, who died in incarceration in 1998.

“I commend you Kabiyesi for the thorough search which produced the Oodua People’s Congress Leader as the next occupant.

“While wishing you renewed strength, good health and continued successful reign, I also wish the new Aare Ona kakanfo a glorious tenure,’’ he said.

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, confirmed the choice of Adams for the title on Sunday during his 79th birthday celebration .

Aare Ona Kakanfo in the pre-colonial Yoruba history was a supreme military title conferred by the Alaafin of Oyo. (NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/aare-ona-kakanfo-tinubu-congratulates-gani-adams/amp/

Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by thesicilian: 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Why did it take so long to fill the position? And what exactly has Gani done to deserve that role?
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by ybalogs(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
This is a slap on Yoruba race. in fact, Tinubu is more worthy of the post. Ganiyu Adams is known to be too partisan and his toutish behaviours is well documented. Iku Baba yeye got this wrong totally after waiting a whole 19 years. I'm really gutted.
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by BreezyCB(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nice
Re: Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams by coluka: 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
I heard in the old days, the Aare ona kakanfo is forced to commit suicide if his troops lose a battle. Na men wey get mind dey collect that kind title. If dem call my name for that kind title, the kind race wey I go tear ehn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Land Ownership Is Yoruba/edo Communities / Abusive Use Of Our Mobile Phones And The Amazing Magic Of Flashing / Our Culture Now Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.