Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack (7976 Views)

Method Hackers Are Using To Hack Facebook Accounts (Photos) / These REDMI Devices Are Available Now / Realme Devices Are Far Better Than Tecno Devices And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by sainttobs(m): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2017
KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable. Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected

KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack

Just a few days ago, we have talked about WPA2 encryption protocol. Researchers have discovered a 13-year-old vulnerability in WPA2 protocol that can allow hackers within a range of the network to extract the Wifi password and intercept Internet traffic.

Researchers have claimed that the vulnerability can be seen in action in the form of a proof-of-concept known as KRACK which is Key Reinstallation Attacks.

Well, let me tell you the KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable.

However, it looks like almost every supported device and operating systems are at risk of KRACK attack. Android and Linux could have far worse consequences compared to other OS because the wpa_supplicant is the WiFi client commonly used on Linux and Android version 6.0+

Researcher Mathy Vanhoef on its website wrote: “Our attack is especially catastrophic against version 2.4 and above of wpa_supplicant, a Wi-Fi client commonly used on Linux”. The researcher found the vulnerability accidentally while he was working on another paper.

Researchers have made an attack vector variant in which they found that around 41% of Android devices are affected which makes it “trivial to intercept and manipulate traffic sent by these Linux and Android device”

According to krackattacks.com, the possible fix for KRACK attack would be backward-compatible with older implementations of WPA2. Krackattacks.com also mentions that changing the passwords of Wifi network will not prevent the attack.

Further, Vanhoef has advised home users to update their WiFi compatible devices including computers and phones. He also suggested disabling features like client mode and 802.11r.

So, what do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/krack-attack-41-of-android-devices-are.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by MisterGrace: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
shocked Wait! What is not hackable on earth?
Some just have constant cyber security experts fighting to rebuff attacks every day.

One has to be mindful of the applications he/she downloads.

2 Likes

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by destiny322(m): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Op, tell me d truth... Are u a hacker??

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Kimy97(f): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Dats how one small boy hacked all my password in my fone..i shock

3 Likes

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
More of the reasons you guys have to be more careful.
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by dataking: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Android no make sense. Apple ios is miles ahead of android. After using iphone for years. I will always still go for iphone. Even old iphone 5 is better than samsung 8. Iphone na baba anyday

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Kimy97:
Dats how one small boy hacked all my password in my fone..i shock
Hope the small boy did not see the elders meat sha and some other orisirisi tins?!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by saxwizard(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2017
I think say you wan give me cheat code ni...

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by eightsin(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by luxico(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Wtf
I gave iPhone kudos for this shii.
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Tamass: 7:52am On Oct 18, 2017
eightsin:
Why can't you guys just walk away if you are not interested in the message the thread is trying to pass...smh for you

4 Likes

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by MrDoGood(m): 7:53am On Oct 18, 2017
All these Na grammar.
I stick with android.
Coman hack Na
� �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2017
I can hack brain.
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by coursehybridrep(m): 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
na waoh
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by calberian: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
MisterGrace:
shocked Wait! What is not hackable on earth?
Some just have constant cyber security experts fighting to rebuff attacks every day.

One has to be mindful of the applications he/she downloads.

Blackberry OS (rip)

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by raker300: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Andriod is so wack.

I hacked my friend's fone and unlocked it without him even knowing.

They alway make fun of me for using apple...so I decided to teach him a lesson.

From his activities list, I saw everything...even passwords he put into different sites lol.

Funny thing is android users think they're super smart...but they aren't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Movicq(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2017
rubbish...... i feel say dm attack Krack tv presenter... smh i dey hope to see graphic content for d krack attack.....
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Kali Linux best OS ever
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by romoruyi(m): 8:07am On Oct 18, 2017
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 18, 2017
raker300:
Andriod is so wack.

From his activities list, I saw everything...even passwords he put into different sites lol.

So apple users are super smart ehn,?

9 Likes

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Femsyn(m): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2017
I see most people didn't bother to read the story in detail. Apple, Linux and every other OS are also vulnerable. Not just Android.

"Well, let me tell you the KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable.
"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by supervillain52(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2017
raker300:
Andriod is so wack.

okay mr smart

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by ewizard1: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2017
careytommy7:

So apple users are super smart ehn,?
Lmao!!! So they think!

2 Likes

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Hemcy1(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2017
HACKING! the most easiest thing for me.
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by DONADAMS(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2017
I'm coming
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by DONADAMS(m): 8:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Hemcy1:
HACKING! the most easiest thing for me.
Sir,,I'm very interested in learning hacking..how do I go about it??thanks
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Referendum50(f): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2017
So if you don't use WiFi what happens then
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by dionysus7: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Wi-Fi encryption is the first layer of security, there are other hurdles to cross if you're hacking into a well secured network...plus the fix to this hack is already out there

1 Like

Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by salesforce: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017
If your interested in Facebook hacking

Learning or if u want to hack check my signature and lets deal asap

Payment after service smiley
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by Abbotp: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2017
For the sake of blackhats, we need white hats........!
Re: KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack by VickyRotex(f): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2017
KRACK everywhere! This WPA2 encryption vulnerability has been exploited several times. And it will take forever to clean up completely.
Especially for IOT devices.

Femsyn:
I see most people didn't bother to read the story in detail. Apple, Linux and every other OS are also vulnerable. Not just Android.

"Well, let me tell you the KRACK attack works on all modern protected WiFi networks against WPA1 and WPA2. So, it also makes Android, Linux, Apple, Windows, OpenBSD, MediaTek, Linksys and more vulnerable.
"

You have time sef! I'm not surprised at all. Lots of people dont read these days. It's so bad to think that, that part is even the first paragraph on the write up. But yet they won't read it.
Anyways, Apple already patched all their OS against the attack. But I don't see it leaving the "Flaw Market" anytime soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elephone P8000 The Killer Machin For As Low As $209 / The New Tecno Camon 15 Price In Nigeria & Full Specs / 6 Ways To Overcome Social Media Anxiety Disorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.