Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) - Business To Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) (56872 Views)

Newly Imported Cat 950f Payloader For Hire.....HEAVY EQUIPMENT LEASING / Equipment Leasing And Hiring Business Plan. / Equipment Leasing: Dry-cleaning And Laundry Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2010
Things to look after in buying machines are:

PAYLOADER
sound engine,transmission,center pin. tyres, the bucket and the history of the machine if possible,the performance of the pumps(lifting and transmission).

DOZER
engine,transmission,down gear or normal gear,undercarriage( this is the most very important part of the machine,undercarriage makes dozer good or bad because is the power base of the body and it make up of down and top rollers,segments,links and slippers,the pistine use to tension the legs and cross bar). its has two types of track such as narrow and wide,the best is wide track of about or minimum of 30cm wide. it may be normal slippers or cup slippers.

EXCAVATOR
thesame with Dozer exempt transmission instead it has turning table,if comes with two buckets will be an added advantage,also the pumps.

GENERAL TO ALL
filters (engine and transmission even water filters),holes if possible for easy change in case of anyone boast, air filter(primary and secondary).
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 12:28am On Dec 08, 2010
this is cup track Dozer. another part that is very important is turbo charger,as the throat is for being also the turbo for engine.

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 1:52am On Dec 09, 2010
In fullment of my promise to you, i will like to let you know that nigeria as whole does not have any database as per transportation(whether in maunfacturing or assembling) in the country. This is to tell you that any information giving to are unofficial and may not in any way near or far from what is obtainable in nigeria market. having said this, nigeria is very large and populated that, is not easy for anybody or organisation as the case may be to confirm to the acuracy of the information you requested but some popular or accessable companies can be use as a case study like iveco,mecedez benz,man and mack cmpanies.

Nigeria can be a very rewarding market for any companies that take the time and effort to understand market conditions and opportunities, find the right partners and clients, and take a long-term approach to market development. With strong growth prospects in many industry and service sectors, underserved market segments, a growing and increasingly sophisticated consumer base, and a strong affinity for companies products and conutry culture, opportunities are impressive; but so are the challenges including inadequate energy and transportation infrastructure, weak institutions, the threat of crime and corruption, and reoccurring episodes of regionalized political instability and violence. Nevertheless, those companies that take a careful and informed approach to the market can do well and develop longstanding and profitable business relationships and operations in Nigeria.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by sholaeco(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
How far?
Still waiting to hear from u
sholaeco@yahoo.com
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:09am On Dec 11, 2010
@sholaeco
check your inbox
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2010
Maintenance is also a key factor in equipment leasing; if your equipment has less downtime the client cartel will always recommend the equipment to other. Proper maintenance prolongs equipment life span (preventive/plan maintenance rather than breakdown); the equipment requires servicing after running 180-200 hrs of operational time.

The operator must daily greasy all moveable part of the equipment. It’s strictly recommended that after using the equipment for a period of 3year should be put on sale to cut down maintenance cost and downtime.
The staff professional conduct and safety precaution during operational hours go a long way in customer satisfaction and help to maintain good relationship.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by olanshi: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2010
Neat and Clean Tokunbo Swamp Buggy CAT 325C by WILCO

Price:- N70 M

Call Mr Rasaq :- 08028849078

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2010
@olanshi

nice one but are you not considering renting for sometime while we are also looking for buyer at thesame time. May be you are thinking about DEPRECIATION?
consider this:
A properly maintain machine will have maximum depreciation of about 5% in a year,mathematically if this machine depreciate for 5% @N70m we have 3.5m. if this thesame machine work for let say just 150 days within the one year at minimum income of @250,000 daily, we have N37.5m.

gross income for 1 year @ 150 days minimum =N37.5m
depreciation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, =N3.5m
other expenses (imaginable and unimaginable) =N3m
---------
total expenses 6.5m
less expenses from gross income N6.5m
-------------
Net income N31m
--------------

NOTE:
valuing this equipment at the end of the year at worst scenario will be N65m after one year of use but leaving it for sale will be opportunity cost. i'm just suggesting this base on my knowledge and how i can think about business. Swamp buggy is a special machine for special work with special treatment. it goes to work with operator and wedder at all time.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2010
let us see to ur fear together so that we can find ways of how to manage it because i believe in managing risk instead of avoiding it.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 1:00am On Dec 13, 2010
Due to the growth in economy there has been a direct growth in the construction equipments. There are construction projects around every corner in Nigeria. There are construction of buildings, apartments, roads etc many new projects coming up. As the scope in this business is increasing there are many small time contractors or individuals who wish to enter into these ventures. This has resulted in the growth of acquisition of construction equipments.

All business men do not have the same potential as large contractors to buy all the equipments. The only options left are to buy used construction equipment or lease the equipments as per the requirement. While leasing also refers to leasing of equipments periodically as and when required or leasing for longer durations.

Many new businessmen view renting or leasing as the best option for trying out new projects at an additional cost and with no strings attached with the possibility of buying. They have time in their hand to figure out whether their company is flourishing or floundering and then accordingly take the required action. Even while hiring they hire good quality equipments like Aggregate equipments.

If they find the business flourishing they can buy the equipment to avoid losing the invested equity. If the businessmen find the business is not making good profits and feel the sense of an uncertain future, the perspective buyer may feel renting the equipment as a better option. They may rent the equipment when required and then give it back to the owner when the job is done.

The businessmen can even buy used construction equipments for sale at cheap rates. While buying used equipments it is necessary that you buy equipments of good branded company which generally have along running life. You can select from used Capitol equipments for sale or Aggregate equipments for sale.

Buying used construction equipments has gained so much preference that they are widely available on sale at the internet. There are many websites which offer auctions on these equipments. You can register yourself and bid your price online .before buying from the internet make sure that you do not get deceived by the looks of the equipments.

Check out the condition of the equipment to understand what price suits it. You can also check out hiring companies from the internet only. There are many companies which hire equipments. It’s very important that you compare few prices of leasing the vehicle so that you have a rough idea about the charges.

Secondly read the clause of hiring the equipments. Check that there are no additional costs incurred. Check out if there is a pick up and drop facility of the equipment or it has to be arranged on your own.

If it has to be arranged by the contractor see that you hire the equipment from a place which is closer to the project so that you do not spend extra transporting the equipment to the project site.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by fromparis(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
hello

i have been on net and i just join this forum today !!!i saw all ur posts concerning dozers,pay loaders etc

i will like to go into this business but i no nothing about it

am presently in france but i have been looking for what to invest in because i wish to move back to nigeria

pls what can u tell me abt this business
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by fromparis(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2010
@ omolayo1

pls if u prefere sending me a mail

wacarim@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 12:44am On Dec 14, 2010
@fromparis
read through from page one to two and ask me whatever not clear or you will like to know about the biz. i'm here to do biz with serious investor(s).
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 12:52am On Dec 14, 2010
The equipment leasing and hiring strives most during the dry season than the raining season. More emphasis on income generation will be harness during the dry season. Land preparation the advent of the business toward the quick achievement of desire result in construction industry and many companies invested their larger parts of their resources toward this.
The current road network situation in the country will be an added advantage to the business to pave the way of elevation to its peak success. To provide solution to this road problem, there is a need for large use of heavy weight equipments which will be an added advantage for whoever who is investing in the business now.
The investor has an opportunity to comment, contribute or adjust the above business planned by bringing his opinion. Negotiation on the operation or financial package is also welcome. A proper M.O.U will be sign by all party(ies) involved.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
The long-term goal is to improve
recognition of the equipment in market place as a leader in the position of general and specialized construction/transport services.
Maintain a quality pricing structure in a highly
competitive market. The Company’s pricing policy is based on providing a quality and committed service.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
There are many possible reason why many businesses fail in Nigeria. I will list a few below and would like you all to contribute.

1) High Cost of Operation
2) Lack of Appropriate planning
3) Economic reasons
4) Political Reasons
5) Lack of data and statistics , and so on

What do you think?
if this is right then coming into equipment biz will take 90% above every risk in Nigeria. OK,prove me wrong if you think otherwise?
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
Many of our clients now are in need of payloaders and dozers to hire. if you have one or ready to buy for investment pls call now or mail me on authoriseauthor@yahoo.co.uk or 08059239292.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2010
In accordance to the recent increase in demand of our
numerous clients,development going on in the states and the poor conditions of ROAD network , we are currently planning to acquire more equipments such as bulldozers,excavators ,vehicles(lowloaders)etc and expand our services to meet the demand and expectation of our numerous customers to the highest degree. In this view, we seek investors to add/purchase the following equipments/vehicles to our existing resources.

For already made organisation or willing to establish one, I can be part of your progress. just call today!

managing project is my calling!
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by KunleA2(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2010
[size=13pt]@ Poster/Everyone,

If you ever have the need to buy any construction equipment from the US, i can be of help.

Can help you search, arrange for inspection and final purchase of any construction equipment here in the US.

And if you do find it online, i can help you in closing the deal here. Inspection before purchase is critical.

My banker/contact is on ground in Naija whenever you are ready.
[/size]

[size=18pt]My contact is: kunleautos[at]yahoo.com[/size]
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2010
I may be right or wrong but you can find out yourself. This the price ranges of the tokunbo machines along lekki-epe road lagos:

D6H LGP upper track grade A is btw 12 to 15 millions naira

Payloader 950 n 966 is btw 8 to 12 millions naira

Excavator 215,225,312,315,320 is btw 12 to 18 millions naira

Grader size 12, 14 etc is btw 6 to 10 millions naira

Roller (Dynapac) two drums is btw 5 to 8 while one drum is within thesame range. and so on,

If you have good relationship with bank then you can make this happen without stress or arrangement of hire purchase with seller. Also Nigeria used equipment are in the market for lesser price but you have to get good mechanic for inspection.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
Is your project suffering from right or effective equipments on the site? we can put smile on your face by giving you the Grade A equipment(s) with valuable advice from our wealthy experiences. try us today and you will never regret that you do that.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
How you manage your equipment can determine whether you make money – or lose it. Construction Partner puts you in control of Equipment Management.

Charge equipment costs directly to jobs during Payroll timecard entry and track utilization to maximize equipment use. Create maintenance schedules for your mechanics and print detailed equipment lists to get the lowest possible insurance rates. Equipment Management is so complete, it even calculates depreciation automatically!
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
Opportunities are never lost because every opportunity one missed is picked up by someone else. Where you get to in life is not determined by how good or how qualified you are, its based on your being in the right place with right person(s) at the right time.

Join me to tell a good story this year 2011. we can do it better!

HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 9:46am On Jan 09, 2011
Good Question from forum member that want to invest in the business

- Is this the best of times or should i wait for the dry season before investing?
JAN 2011 TILL THE TIME OF RAINING SEASON WHEN THINGS MAY BE SLOW DOWN A BIT. this is the best and appropriate time to gain ground in the business nationwide

- Are the above-listed equipment a neccesity in the market place?
with CAT 320L AND LOWLOADER With minimum of 50 tonnage you will find yourself lucky for coming into the business. Mack truck is not bad idea but they get old faster in Nigeria becos of the road anyway it will compliment the business too.

- How challenging is it to lease out the equipment?
equipment leasing has its own challenges but all the challenges also have solutions with experienced in the business.

- Are there any specialized heavy duty equipment needed for use in the market?
yeah. equipment for special use are D6N and D8N. they are made specially for landscaping.

- How can one lease heavy duty equipment to oil marketers (Chevron, Mobil and the majors)?
All this companies have agents that supply them machine while we work through the agents. when the equipment that pass their working safety features available we invite them for inspection. These companies operate with highly safety precautions and you must ready to play ball with them like Government works.

I will like to do business with you if you get it done. Good luck
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2011
Here is another Question from him again and how i responded to it.

- If not Mack trucks, what other truck is most viable in the market?
MAN DIESEL, IVECO AND MACEDEZE. Mack truck good for a good road and long trips but don't have helper on bad road compared to MAN AND MECEDEZE. but there are all good for biz with good mechanics and driver.

- The D6N and D8N charge what amount on a contractual basis? Are you saying that the demand for these machines far exceed their availability?
There is standard in this business base on price,long or short contract affect negotiation of price meanwhile there is minimum charges for every machine.

- Would you a most realistic business model that has been implemented of recent?
I don't get you right. BUT which way i'm in the business, outsourcing for clients and give field advise to companies/project managers on site when necessary.

- If my concept materializes, when, where and how do you come in?

When: when you are done with your preparations

Where: where you decide to establish the business. my advise of where will solely depends on your decision because you own the final decision.

How: outsourcing is what i do for now while working as a contract staff for a company, so if i have the machines needed in my care will make me a better person in the business.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2011
This is how to make it big in the business other than starting with one or two machines:

- get all i have written above together

-take it to professional proposal writer for standard business proposal

- study the proposal very well and ask question where necessary

-take the proposal to the farms or construction companies abroad for the opportunities existing in Nigeria

-write them to be their partner in Nigeria

-after gotten an interested partner while talking on procedure and other protocols

-contact all the construction companies in Nigeria for the opportunity you have for them

-make them understand why they should do business with you and your partner
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2011
Ask questions and be sure of specification before buying any machine if you are coming for leasing or renting even for sale.

[size=16pt]This season is the best season for the business.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Quality Nigerian Made Kitchen And Bakery Equipment / Sell your dead or faulty laptop to us / Used Clothes In Bales Price Suppliers: Second Hand Clothes Wholesale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.