Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage (10798 Views)

Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / In Need Of Guy For A Serious Relationship In Benin / 10 To-dos For A Healthy Relationship In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

the opster is a woman that wants to get married
her man doesnt
such a simple equation!!

the misunderstanding of men and women: where in the poster initial post did her BF said that he DIDNT want to get married?
just because he aint ready NOW doesnt mean he wont be ready forever. poster should give him the proper time he needs and deserve (yes, its been 8yrs but we men dont think in body clock timing like women)
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Gabry(f): 3:42am On Mar 15, 2010
When a person is at their mid 20's or mid's 30's, whats the point of being in a relationship when you dont see a future together ahead of you? I mean common, its not like u guys are 15, 16 and in love. . . <<< This is just an introduction to everyone whom is at their Mid 20's of course cheesy grin

Well poster,

ask him if he actually wants or plans to get married or not in times to come.

Ask him if he sees the both of you together and having babies and being a family?

Ask him if he actually plans on having his own family some time?

If he can't answer this, than just leave him and seek another guy. But than again, maybe cause he doesnt have what it takes just yet to get married and have a family. Some guys would rather try and get some cash or maybe to have some security like buying a house before he starts his family. Ask him naa.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 3:45am On Mar 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

the misunderstanding of men and women: where in the poster initial post did her BF said that he DIDNT want to get married?
just because he aint ready NOW doesnt mean he wont be ready forever. poster should give him the proper time he needs and deserve (yes, its been 8yrs but we men dont think in body clock timing like women)

dont be daft you no very well the man doesnt want o marry her

u have changed ur argument 360 degrees

initially u sed he doesnt have to marry her- why u changing ur tune??

rea dthe post well

everytime she mentions marriage he jokes abt it!!

they have been dating for 8 yrs and the girl is 27 they are not young and he knows it!!

the guy doesnt want to get married

and u shoulod all stop decieving urselves

its wierd when ur 20 and ur dad is 60 and on his deathbed!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 15, 2010
Gabry:

Wheen a person is at their mid 20's or mid's 30's, whats the point of being in a relationship when you dont see a future together ahead of you? I mean common, its not like u guys are 15, 16 and in love. . .

Well, ask him if he actually wants or plans to get married or not.

Ask him if he sees the both of you together and having babies?

If he can't answer this, than just leave him and seek another guy.

so can you look at someone and from the get go knows that you want a future with that person without knowing them in depth?!
relationship are there to figure that person out,discover them,discover if you guys have something in common, if that person is what you truly looking for etc etc etc.
all cars looks great from the lot but only a "test drive" may tell you ifits right or wrong FOR YOU. some people can drive it for 5mins and know its THE ONE while others may need a longer "test drive"
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by bawomolo(m): 3:49am On Mar 15, 2010
i see do not understand how 27 is old.

why the rush?  are you getting married because of love or because of your biological clock (which shouldn't stop ticking till mid 40's)

its wierd when your 20 and your dad is 60 and on his deathbed!

don't hate 60 is the new 40. didn't larry king just have a baby
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 3:51am On Mar 15, 2010
ok if u have a sister and she wants to get married b4 27

tell her to wait till shes 40

or if ur not married

make sure u onli marry a 40 yr old

seemins theres no rush

40's the new 20
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by bawomolo(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

ok if u have a sister and she wants to get married b4 27

tell her to wait till shes 40

or if your not married

make sure u onli marry a 40 yr old

seemins theres no rush

40's the new 20

you darn right.

don't forget my iyawo kekere when i'm 60 cool

sugar mama's need love too cool
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 3:54am On Mar 15, 2010
exactly

ur daughter gan sef

make sure u dont let her marry till shes 4o

and ur son when hes 60!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

dont be daft you no very well the man doesnt want o marry her

u have changed your argument 360 degrees

initially u sed he doesnt have to marry her- why u changing your tune??

rea dthe post well

everytime she mentions marriage he jokes abt it!!

they have been dating for 8 yrs and the girl is 27 they are not young and he knows it!!

the guy doesnt want to get married

and u shoulod all stop decieving urselves

its wierd when your 20 and your dad is 60 and on his deathbed!

this is what i have been saying all along: HE SHOULD ONLY MARRY HER WHEN HE FEELS THAT ITS RIGHT TO DO SO and when all is RIGHT not for any other reason. could be now, could be manana or could be in 10yrs.

the poster said that whenever she brought the subject ofmarriage, her bf said THERE IS TIME. is that a refusal in your "body clock thinking"world?!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Gabry(f): 3:57am On Mar 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so can you look at someone and from the get go knows that you want a future with that person without knowing them in depth?!
relationship are there to figure that person out,discover them,discover if you guys have something in common, if that person is what you truly looking for etc etc etc.
all cars looks great from the lot but only a "test drive" may tell you ifits right or wrong FOR YOU. some people can drive it for 5mins and know its THE ONE while others may need a longer "test drive"

U are missing my point here. Im saying that you should ask yourself that before even commiting into a relationship and wasting peoples time. Like now that Im 26 years old. I should search myself. If I dont want to have a serious relationship and dont want to get married, I should let my bf know earlier that I dont intend to have a serious relationship. I mean why keep quiet and get your partner guesing like a mumu?
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 3:57am On Mar 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

this is what i have been saying all along: HE SHOULD ONLY MARRY HER WHEN HE FEELS THAT ITS RIGHT TO DO SO and when all is RIGHT not for any other reason. could be now, could be manana or could be in 10yrs.

the poster said that whenever she brought the subject ofmarriage, her bf said THERE IS TIME. is that a refusal in your "body clock thinking"world?!

ehn the poster doesnt want to wait 50 yrs

nothing t do with biological clock

she doesnt want to waste her time

and he isnt serious

even if he's not ready his intentions would have been clear and she wont be postin on nl!!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by bawomolo(m): 4:00am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

exactly

your daughter gan sef

make sure u dont let her marry till shes 4o

and your son when hes 60!

word,  how about getting married when you are emotionally, financially ready with someone you are compatible with rather than the silly excuse of biological clock ticking.

i guess barren people shouldn't get married because they don't have a biological clock.  there should be no time limit on marriage, if you are 20 and ready go ahead but don't rush things because your mum wants grand babies or wait your friends are doing it so you don't want to feel left out.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

ehn the poster doesnt want to wait 50 yrs
nothing t do with biological clock
she doesnt want to waste her time
and he isnt serious
even if he's not ready his intentions would have been clear and she wont be postin on nl!!

and yet you think you understand men?!
if i have spent 8yrs doing whats RIGHT toward a woman and yet she views what i have done as "not being serious" then i guess i too would make sure that its the right thing to do before jumping in head first in marriage!
his intentions are as clear as daylight: he is not ready yet, said there is plenty of time BUT if she finds someone else then let HIM repay back all the loans, school fees etc he invested on the gal.LMAO!!!!!  

btw: if i have a sister, daughter etc i will tell them to get married whenever THEY feel its the right time to do so. there is no timetable here, only the one they make for themselves!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 4:08am On Mar 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

and yet you think you understand men?!
if i have spent 8yrs doing whats RIGHT toward a woman and yet she views what i have done as "not being serious" then i guess i too would make sure that its the right thing to do before jumping in head first in marriage!
his intentions are as clear as daylight: he is not ready yet, said there is plenty of time BUT if she finds someone else then let HIM repay him back all the loans, school fees etc he invested.LMAO!!!!!  

btw: if i have a sister, daughter etc i will tell them to get married whenever THEY feel its the right time to do so. there is no timetable here, only the one they make for themselves!

woo im done!!

the guy doesnt want to marry her

its crystal clear if u want to go lookin for clues to decipher thats ur own

women shouldnt waste time with men that dont no what they want

they are the ones that go astray when married

idf poster has waited 8 yrs and is ready but her man is not

the equation is simple- poster doesnt no how many yrs she could be waiting b4 he's ready and thats if hes plannin to marry her which we havent established!

if shes not lookin to waste her time waitin for flyin pigs she better act now!!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by whatawhat: 4:15am On Mar 15, 2010
just hang in there-lol
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 15, 2010
bawomolo:

before you go into relationship, you are supposed to inquire about your partners view on marriage, intimacy etc.
the OP didn't do her homework so why is she complaining. 

calling it "nonsense" argument doesn't discredit the points made by the way.   Can't sticking by someone for 8years be seen as commitment?
and don't make fun of the word liberal or i would hunt you in your dreams.

Let me see how you will stop me.  Yeye and nonsense liberal views all to say ehn I think differently. In fact bawomolo if you don't see me in your dreams with a cutlass, then my name's not Stillwater.

Even if she didn't do her homework well, it's her prerogative to demand for something else and something BETTER. If he stuck to her for 8 years, why is it hard for him to go to the registry, call two people and make it official? Let there be a PROOF to this so-called commitment. Word of mouth DIED in 100 B.C. He obviously does not love her or care for her future that is why he can open his mouth and ask for settlement if a suitor comes knocking. Many people are guided by certain principles. The poster obviously wants to get married and have children. That is what she wants. The make belief commitment her boyfriend has in store for her is not what people guided by these principles want in life.
The 8yrs he spent with her does not guarantee he will stay. Sooner or later he will realize the poster is getting old, now he wants a younger girl. It has happened to many women before, it can happen AGAIN!!!

@poster
If he's Nigerian, it is NOT a commitment issue, either he does NOT see you worthy to be his wife or he's broke, period!!!

I sabi Nigerian men well. cheesy
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 15, 2010
~Sauron~:

It seems y'all women have forgotten there's CREDIT CRUNCH out there.
One needs a financial advisor before proposing these days.
Give the man a break.

Must the wedding be expensive?
Poor people don't get married?
You actually read the original post and felt the guy was a serious person?
Go and kiss a cow, please.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by bawomolo(m): 4:45am On Mar 15, 2010
stillwater:

Let me see how you will stop me.  Yeye and nonsense liberal views all to say ehn I think differently. In fact bawomolo if you don't see me in your dreams with a cutlass, then my name's not Stillwater.

those are fighting words and the result would be shigidi visiting you tonite.

Even if she didn't do her homework well, it's her prerogative to demand for something else and something BETTER. If he stuck to her for 8 years, why is it hard for him to go to the registry, call two people and make it official? Let there be a PROOF to this so-called commitment.

does a letter saying i'm committed to you count as PROOF, ok i would add a .05 karat promise ring for some more PROOF.

I sabi Nigerian men well. cheesy

speaking from years of experience huh grin
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by ayettymama(f): 4:45am On Mar 15, 2010
kaii

still water

u finished him like this

kaiii
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by bawomolo(m): 4:50am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

kaii

still water

u finished him like this

kaiii

finish me ke, or are we playing mortal kombat.

stilly and I go way back, i have been chasing those legs of hers for a long time.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 15, 2010
bawomolo:

those are fighting words and the result would be shigidi visiting you tonite.

The blood of Jesus will destroy all evil forces against me.

does a letter saying i'm committed to you count as PROOF, ok i would add a .05 karat promise ring for some more PROOF.

It lets her know where she's coming from and where she's going.

speaking from years of experience huh  grin

I'm in this world. tongue
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 15, 2010
ayettymama:

kaii

still water

u finished him like this

kaiii

Did I? Cooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll.

@bawomolo

I finished you. tongue
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by tunscolo(m): 9:06am On Mar 15, 2010
A lot already said. I jsut feel pity for you.
What a life.

girl, turn your wheel to the BRT Lane.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by onc4all(f): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2010
My luv,

Pls run for your future,stop wasting your time with the guy cos he will never marry you.

Give him space but if he is actually for you he will definitely come back to you.

Men doesn't like desparate ladies full stop.

I wish you the best.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by alexichi(f): 10:38am On Mar 15, 2010
MY advice?leave the relationship!QED.i wonder hw old u r nw.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by jimmyxxl(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2010
Killing u slow-ling. Girl friend. some have cap but no head.
maybe u wan to Die with me. u can still wait all in the name of love
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by chic2pimp(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2010
I Would Love Hear The Dudes Side Of The Story.

As For Now, We Only Know One Side Of The Story And As We All Know, There Are Two Sides To Every Story.
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by blackcat1: 11:33am On Mar 15, 2010
dump him and do it fast!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by jimmyxxl(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2010
@ayettymama

she need help , if is your story what would u do
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by rman: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
Quite interesting!
A man stays in a relationship for 8yrs. There has been ups and downs but they have managed to wither the storm togerther to cap it all, he never cheats on you or hasn't been caought yet.

Unless you have some kind of leverage over this man, he realy wants to be with you. Damn! some marriages are not even that good or lasts that long. Why mend it if it is not broken?

Marriage is just like an official stamp, it does not guarantee anything.

I guess you are probably bringing this marriage issue more often to a man that has stayed comitted to only you, that's why you got those replies from him.

All those that are telling you to leave him may not be as happy as you are in their own relationship, married or not.

Did everyone that craved marriage to cement a good relatioship become happier or all of a sudden, or the relationship just became fantastic immediately afterwards. Most times the answer in NO.

If he is ready to have kids and it is with you if you want one then case closed. Enjoy your life!
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by adetoru(f): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
rman:

Quite interesting!
A man stays in a relationship for 8yrs. There has been ups and downs but they have managed to wither the storm togerther to cap it all, he never cheats on you or hasn't been caought yet.

Unless you have some kind of leverage over this man, he realy wants to be with you. Damn! some marriages are not even that good or lasts that long. Why mend it if it is not broken?

Marriage is just like an official stamp, it does not guarantee anything.

I guess you are probably bringing this marriage issue more often to a man that has stayed comitted to only you, that's why you got those replies from him.

All those that are telling you to leave him may not be as happy as you are in their own relationship, married or not.

Did everyone that craved marriage to cement a good relatioship become happier or all of a sudden, or the relationship just became fantastic immediately afterwards. Most times the answer in NO.

If he is ready to have kids and it is with you if you want one then case closed. Enjoy your life!
obviously,marriage is important to her or she won't complain.
@poster this is not your husband,he doesn't even respect you.Please move on without him,there are nicer guys out there who also believe in marriage and you are not getting any younger,sorry to say
Re: Relationship In Its 8th Year But No Talk Of Marriage by alakee: 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2010
if used 8yrs to start practising the act of madness how many years do u need to actually go mad?
bolt out & never look back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

85-year-old Couple To Remarry After 50 Years of Divorce / Why Are So Many Nigerian Girls Going Into Hookup / Can Prostitution Ever Be Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.