Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert (28386 Views)

Tyler Perry Reacts To Racquel Bailey's Billboard Advert To Get His Attention / Ghanaian Singer, Fuse ODG Poses With Dark Skin Queens (photo) / Too much money: SeyiLaw mark’s daughter’s birthday with billboard advert -Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Like i said, go and read a book. Your ignorance is glaring. Bye bye.
I think I've read more books than you've in your entire life. grin Take for example, you don't know personal pronoun I is written in capital letter.

Back to your stupidity. Colourism is prejudice or discrimination against people of dark skinned tone. Tell me how this billboard discriminated people of dark skinned tone?. Nivea as a product, deals on creams for both all shades of Black, and White. Fairer skinned tone ladies are black but they don't use same cream as a darker skinned tone lady would. If you have a problem with the advert placement, it's simply 'cause you're too dumb to know that black is in different shades.

Just a word of advise, don't always quote people with derogatory remarks if you have a penchant for insults. Bye!.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

Bullshi.t!!
The majority of African men will have romantic relationships with ANY type of woman no matter her skintone,size,shape etc.
Secondly,African women especially the Nigerian ones,bleach their skins because they see their fellow women bleaching their skins.Its not surprising because everyone knows women have terrible insecurities.
This is not an African man issue.It is an African woman esp Nigerian woman insecurity issue.How many Nigerian ladies today dont spend hundreds of thousands of naira(sometimes even millions) inorder to acquire the hair of other womens' races and place them on their heads?
Quote me anywhere
Yes we all know that Nigerian women have insecurities but it stems from public opinion. Lets not act like our own men do not have any role to play when it comes to this issue, because they do. Women naturally especially want to be appealling to the opposite sex. A lot of nigerian men are really brainwashed and mentally westernised. Yes, african men date women of all skin tones, but they specifically put women with fairer skintones on a pedestal and indirectly make darker women feel inferior. Comments like 'she's too black' ' Her skin looks black and dirty' etc will make any woman feel the need to lighten her skin to be more 'appealing'. Same with the hair, you put women who wear weaves and brazillian hair on a pedestal. Girls who wear their natural hair are not deemed as pretty. You can take a look at instagram, beauty pageants..any media platform that represents beauty. You can even see some of the comments on this NL. We all live for public opinion at the end of the day, especially from the opposite sex, so lets not act silly here.

4 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Just30: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
I think I've read more books than you've in your entire life. grin Take for example, you don't know personal pronoun I is written in capital letter.

Back to your stupidity. Colourism is prejudice or discrimination against people of dark skinned tone. Tell me how this billboard discriminated people of dark skinned tone?. Nivea as a product, deals on creams for both all shades of Black, and White. Fairer skinned tone ladies are black but they don't use same cream as a darker skinned tone lady would. If you have a problem with the advert placement, it's simply 'cause you're too dumb to know that black is in different shades.

Just a word of advise, don't always quote people with derogatory remarks if you have a penchant for insults. Bye!.
go watch the advert and you will understand why.
The billboard was both the issue but the advert .
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by KAYD007(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

Back to your stupidity. Colourism is prejudice or discrimination against people of dark skinned tone. Tell me how this billboard discriminated people of dark skinned tone?. Nivea as a product, deals on creams for both all shades of Black, and White.Fairer skinned tone ladies are black but they don't use same cream as a darker skinned tone lady would. If you have a problem with the advert placement, it's simply 'cause you're too dumb to know that black is in different shades.

Your are right on the highlighted!
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by mekstaniac(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just30:
shut the Bleep up
He's Ghanaian and you're not
You can keep their billboard in Nigeria
Who is this charcoal mentioning me?
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just30:
go watch the advert and you will understand why.
The billboard was both the issue but the advert .
Did they say "blacks are monkeys" or "All black women should be killed" in the advert?. Tell me the message that was passed in the advert that was racist.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by desire222(f): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
In Africa, we have two complexions, fair and dark skin complexion. Nivea produced the cream for people of fair complexion. Dark people should stop this inferiority complex already.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
KAYD007:

Your are right on the highlighted!
Very foolish thing roaming the internet with her half baked knowledge.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

Darling the construction of my sentence has nothing to do with the message i'm trying to get into your thick skull, so try again love.

First of all, please tell me why a darker skin lady cannot use the same cream as a fair skin lady or why they dont? What kind of special ingredients do they put in creams to permit only a certain skin tone to use? If it's not a bleaching cream? I'll wait....please let me know

Nivea does NOT usually promote creams specifically for a particular shade or skin colour! What are you talking about? What is the purpose of using a cream in the first place? To moisturise your skin right? There are variations of Nivea creams for different skinTEXTURES not skin tones. Dry, oily, combitionation and so on. So they knew exactly what they were doing with this advert.

I don't expect you to understand the indirect and colourist message that nivea is trying to advertise. Its not meant to be obvious and glaring. Its subtle. Thats why dumb naive girls like yourself defend these companies, and they'll continue to profit off the insecurities of women around the world. Equating beauty to fairer skin, thats exactly what they are trying to do. And if you can't see that, then thats your fuckiing ignorance taking over your mind. Girl have a seat. Bye bye.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by KAYD007(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Prreeacch!!!!
Too many girls bleaching their skin. It's absolutely horrible. Most times they look horrible. Their face yellow and theirs hands and feet black. If you see their faces without makeup, you'll run. Lets embrace the skin God gave to us. Theres nothin like a confident black dark skin woman who loves herself. Its beautiful.

Fela's yellow fever comes to mind cheesy
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Just30: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Did they say "blacks are monkeys" or "All black women should be killed" in the advert?. Tell me the message that was passed in the advert that was racist.
go watch it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
By my standard, it was blatantly encouraging a black woman to bleach her skin white.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by KAYD007(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Very foolish thing roaming the internet with her half baked knowledge.

easy.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Just30: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
mekstaniac:
Who is this charcoal mentioning me?
a face like yours belongs to the zoo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Darling the construction of my sentence has nothing to do with the message i'm trying to get into your thick skull, so try again love.

First of all, please tell me why a darker skin lady cannot use the same cream as a fair skin lady or why they dont? What kind of special ingredients do they put in creams to permit only a certain skin tone to use? If it's not a bleaching cream? I'll wait....please let me know

Nivea does NOT usually promote creams specifically for a particular shade or skin colour! What are you talking about? What is the purpose of using a cream in the first place? To moisturise your skin right? There are variations of Nivea creams for different skinTEXTURES not skin tones. Dry, oily, combitionation and so on. So they knew exactly what they were doing with this advert.

I don't expect you to understand the indirect and colourist message that nivea is trying to advertise. Its not meant to be obvious and glaring. Its subtle. Thats why dumb naive girls like yourself defend these companies, and they'll continue to profit off the insecurities of women around the world. Equating beauty to fairer skin, thats exactly what they are trying to do. And if you can't see that, then thats your fuckiing ignorance taking over your mind. Girl have a seat. Bye bye.

Raving from a low-self esteemed black woman that sees "Prejudice" in what doesn't concern her. You obviously have a long way to go if you think I made mention of "Sentence construction". Speaking of reading a book, go back to your Nouns and Pronouns and probably, their usage.

You're dark and insecure. The advert wasn't for you. Get a grip of your black ass!.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Dynamite02: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
I am sure the man must be a dark skinned fellow,they don't know the struggle those on the fair side go through(skin discolouration,pigmentation,sunburn etc) if there is any safe and effective product that can help then ahead ahead. There's difference between skin bleaching/whitening and toning. Nivea does not bleach, he should be screaming at Bobrisky and Dencia
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just30:
go watch it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
By my standard, it was blatantly encouraging a black woman to bleach her skin white.
The ladies have a choice if the advert was encouraging bleaching. FYI, it's not a crime to bleach but a matter of choice. I sincerely don't get a fuss the op created here.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

To add on to that..where in this world have you seen creams specifically made for dark skin people? Or when have you seen Nivea promote a cream using the slogan ' FOR VISIBILY DARKER SKIN' using a beautiful dark skin lady? Please tell me? When have you seen Nivea promote a cream for only ' WHITE PEOPLE? ' or do they create specific creams for different white skin tones. You are a disgrace honestly. Go and educate yourself. Dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Yes we all know that Nigerian women have insecurities but it stems from public opinion. Lets not act like our own men do not have any role to play when it comes to this issue, because they do. Women naturally especially want to be appealling to the opposite sex. A lot of nigerian men are really brainwashed and mentally westernised. Yes, african men date women of all skin tones, but they specifically put women with fairer skintones on a pedestal and indirectly make darker women feel inferior. Comments like 'she's too black' ' Her skin looks black and dirty' etc will make any woman feel the need to lighten her skin to be more 'appealing'. Same with the hair, you put women who wear weaves and brazillian hair on a pedestal. Girls who wear their natural hair are not deemed as pretty. You can take a look at instagram, beauty pageants..any media platform that represents beauty. You can even see some of the comments on this NL. We all live for public opinion at the end of the day, especially from the opposite sex, so lets not act silly here.

Woman will always look for a way to put the blame on men for their own deficiencies and failures.
I repeat, men do not care if a woman has light skin,dark skin,flat buttocks,big buttocks,flat chest,full chest,long hair,short hair even skincut.As long as a woman makes herself sexually available to a man,he will mate/copulate/have sex with her.
Women do not give a damn about the opinions men have of them,they only care about the views other women have of them.
Women are the ones who pressure other women to change features about themselves inorder for them to feel secure in their collective insecurities.
Skin bleaching,starving of oneself to become thinner(in many western states),weave wearing,tightening of feet to make it look smaller(in China),forceful female fattening(in Mauritania).You mean to tell me men give a damn about all these issues as much as women do?
Niggress please!
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
KAYD007:

easy.

I'm actually being lenient with her initial comment.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
To add on to that..where in this world have you seen creams specifically made for dark skin people? Or when have you seen Nivea promote a cream using the slogan ' FOR VISIBILY DARKER SKIN' using a beautiful dark skin lady? Please tell me? When have you seen Nivea promote a cream for only ' WHITE PEOPLE? ' or do they create specific creams for different white skin tones. You are a disgrace honestly. Go and educate yourself. Dumbass.
Your foolishness is appaling. Where in the world do you think Nivea creams are produced?. In Nigeria?. Just a Google search for you, search Nivea Dubai, UK and US.

Little girl!.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Raving from a low-self esteemed black woman that sees "Prejudice" in what doesn't concern her. You obviously have a long way to go if you think I made mention of "Sentence construction". Speaking of reading a book, go back to your Nouns and Pronouns and probably, their usage.

You're dark and insecure. The advert wasn't for you. Get a grip of your black ass!.
Loool. She has nothing to say. You're so stupid its actually really sad. Trust me, im far from 'insecure', when i see nonsense I speak on it. Just because i see through the bullshit, which you cannot do. You couldn't even answer ONE question, not ONE. Instead you reply saying a whole bunch of nothing. Guess what? My black ass is laughing at your foolishness , because deep down you know what i'm saying is true. Bye for now. Dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Sakie: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
The ladies have a choice if the advert was encouraging bleaching. FYI, it's not a crime to bleach but a matter of choice. I sincerely don't get a fuss the op created here.
FYI that's not the OP's opinion.unless you meant fuseodg

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by IHate9jerians(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Yes we all know that Nigerian women have insecurities but it stems from public opinion. Lets not act like our own men do not have any role to play when it comes to this issue, because they do. Women naturally especially want to be appealling to the opposite sex. A lot of nigerian men are really brainwashed and mentally westernised. Yes, african men date women of all skin tones, but they specifically put women with fairer skintones on a pedestal and indirectly make darker women feel inferior. Comments like 'she's too black' ' Her skin looks black and dirty' etc will make any woman feel the need to lighten her skin to be more 'appealing'. Same with the hair, you put women who wear weaves and brazillian hair on a pedestal. Girls who wear their natural hair are not deemed as pretty. You can take a look at instagram, beauty pageants..any media platform that represents beauty. You can even see some of the comments on this NL. We all live for public opinion at the end of the day especially from the opposite sex, so lets not act silly here.
@highlighted Such garbage!!!
I am a man.I only live for the opinion i have of myself and no one else unlike women who are forever insecure in being individuals and most secure when they follow the herd.
P.S. I dont do any social media because they are nothing but platforms for women to compete amongst themselves
Quote me anywhere
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Just30: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
it's not about who has a choice and who dont.
It's about an advert encouraging women to feel inferior with their skin colour , something we've been discouraging.
Corporate entities dont have a right to create problems for them to make money.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
Safiaa:
Loool. She has nothing to say. You're so stupid its actually really sad. Trust me, im far from 'insecure', when i see nonsense I speak on it. Just because i see through the bullshit, which you cannot do. You couldn't even answer ONE question, not ONE. Instead you reply saying a whole bunch of nothing. Guess what? My black ass is laughing at your foolishness , because deep down you know what i'm saying is true. Bye for now. Dumbass.
This should be your third "Bye" and you kept quoting me to sound intelligent. Seems you're not only foolish but very indecisive.

Watch me ignore you.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
Your foolishness is appaling. Where in the world do you think Nivea creams are produced?. In Nigeria?. Just a Google search for you, search Nivea Dubai, UK and US.

Little girl!.
What does that have to do with anything? Whether it's produced in Asia, America or Antarctica, if they can promote the cream for 'visibly fairer skin' they can promote it for ' visibly darker skin'. Like you said, they promote for all different skin tones abi? So where its produced has nothing to with the topic. What a dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:
This should be your third "Bye" and you kept quoting me to sound intelligent. Seems you're not only foolish but very indecisive.

Watch me ignore you.
And i'll say bye 50 times if i have to dumbass. Bye bye kiss kiss
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

Little girl!.

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sakie:

FYI that's not the OP's opinion.unless you meant fuseodg
Fixed.
Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
[quote author=Piiko post=61539624][/quote]

.... Lol, I know you're her famous asslicker. Go teach her her basis in English 'cause she's a disgrace. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Safiaa(f): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
IHate9jerians:

@highlighted Such garbage!!!
I am a man.I only live for the opinion i have of myself and no one else unlike women who are forever insecure in being individuals and most secure when they follow the herd.
P.S. I dont do any social media because they are nothing but platforms for women to compete amongst themselves
Quote me anywhere
Okay. You THINk you don't live for the opinion of others, but indirectly one way or the other you do. You may not live your life soley based on it, but we all need the approval of others one way or the other. And most definitely by the opposite sex. If you argue with this you're simply in denial. Its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Fuse ODG Calls Out Nivea Over "Visibly Fairer Skin" Billboard Advert by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Benita27:

.... Lol, I know you're her famous asslicker. Go teach her her basis in English 'cause she's a disgrace. cheesy
lemme come and be going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Ini Edo Casts Her Vote / Omotola Graces World Youths Skills Day; As Students Go Gaga (Photos) / Picture Of Baby Ini Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.