Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. (5121 Views)

Advice Needed :is The Playstation 3 Still A Worthy Buy In 2015? / Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! / The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
Mr. Tex, i sure know what i am talking about. . . .
sorry for that mix up. . .

i am very much aware that crises 2 is coming out this year end for the PC, PS3 AND 360.

Every now and then games that have not been released are been compared, the developers released screenhots of crises 2 and that's where the comparison came from. i am trying to fish out the link.

it is the same way froza and GT was compared, even when GT 5 isn't out, screenshots from KAZ. . .

i completely agree with you, To date crises is the still the best game ever on PC, crises 2 cannot outperform crieses 1.

on Bioshock 2

thats a lesson to be learnt by publishers. . .
when you screw your fanbase by collecting the cheque from micosoft, you later bring the game after a year to the platform, it would never be embraced by your fans, Sony still has exclusives like MAG AND Heavy Rain for febuary. . Heavy rain was 10 in the US, but in Europe it was still NO2.

The chart you got the ratings from is from NPD, and thats USA only. . . they don't even track sales from wal-mart and Amazon. I have always said US does not equal the world, XBOX outsold the PS3 by 60k in the US due to shortages, but in japan, ps3 outsells the box by over 100k every month, that already covers the shortcoming in US. ([insert PS3 shortages]here). considering the fact PS3 also has EUROPE locked down, it also outsold the box. once stock returns to PS3 will once again be at the top. so world wide . . PS3 still rules. .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
kosovo:

Cry me a RIVER grin

All my statements are Vailid,  until a 360 game can reach the graphical height of Uncharted 1 which probably used only 30% of the PS3, then m sorry Xbox is as good as Crap.

When Sony said Ps3 only does everything, i had a little element of doubt, but after seeing that PS3's does wii and Natal combined with the 'MOVE' i had no choice but to believe the slogan,  'It Only Does Everything, '

I guess you do not know that the upcoming Alan Wake has been confirmed to be the best looking console game so far. Go and read the newly available preview at Gamevideos where the reviewer was left speechless after seeing the lighting effect and physics of the game.

You are here, rather arguing that a game with static cameras, scripted events and quick time button mashing is the best looking and playing game? Yeah he is right, you are pathetic.

I guess you started gaming in 2006 because you know horse sh-t about gaming. Freaking Sony playslaves.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Bandit C.

i am so so ashamed of you, Honestly. I can't even stop laughing, 

u said i started gamin 2006, but u just started gaming the moment i type.  because any one who has been gaming would never make such a ridiculous  statement.,  LMAO.

Bringing Alan wake into any graphical and visual picture with PS3 exclusives is the most pathetic and delusional thing  i have ever seen or heard form anywhere in the gaming industry.

the last E3 speaks for itself, Alan wake got no Recognization, while GOW 3 was bagging awards. GOW was the most anticipated game of 2010 at the Last E3, and PS3 has been sold out worldwide following it's release

you just want to talk, unfortunately i have to answer you.

you said heavy rain is just QTE? isn't Alan wake just a guy with the torch light?
Alone in the dark clone game, a game without physics,  KILLZONE 2 still has the best
physics and lighting.

Alan wake is nothing but a wasted 6 yrs of development that still cannot  compete with UNCHARTED 1.

i have seen the videos and followed the game from a distance, the developers have all been confused, first it was for the 360 and PC, it was an OPEN world game,
   but what are we getting,  a Mediocre Alone in the dark ripoff.

Pls i can't type much, just go Back under the rocks where you came out from.

you think i just write here for writing sake?, i have been following the gaming industry for over a decade and have been gaming since i was 5.

From what you said, how you managed to Operate a PC is totally beyond me
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
kosovo:

@Bandit C.

i am so so ashamed of you, Honestly. I can't even stop laughing, 

u said i started gamin 2006, but u just started gaming the moment i type.  because any one who has been gaming would never make such a ridiculous  statement.,  LMAO.

Bringing Alan wake into any graphical and visual picture with PS3 exclusives is the most pathetic and delusional thing  i have ever seen or heard form anywhere in the gaming industry.

the last E3 speaks for itself, Alan wake got no Recognization, while GOW 3 was bagging awards. GOW was the most anticipated game of 2010 at the Last E3, and PS3 has been sold out worldwide following it's release

you just want to talk, unfortunately i have to answer you.

you said heavy rain is just QTE? isn't Alan wake just a guy with the torch light?
Alone in the dark clone game, a game without physics,  KILLZONE 2 still has the best
physics and lighting.

Alan wake is nothing but a wasted 6 yrs of development that still cannot  compete with UNCHARTED 1.

i have seen the videos and followed the game from a distance, the developers have all been confused, first it was for the 360 and PC, it was an OPEN world game,
   but what are we getting,  a Mediocre Alone in the dark ripoff.

Pls i can't type much, just go Back under the rocks where you came out from.

you think i just write here for writing sake?, i have been following the gaming industry for over a decade and have been gaming since i was 5.

From what you said, how you managed to Operate a PC is totally beyond me

I just cannot argue with you. It is painfully obvious from your attitude and the way you talk, that you are a juvenile in gaming. If Uncharted Drakes Fortune and God of War 3 are the things that are getting you this excited, i have to question how old you are and when you first heard of gaming.

Lol at God of War 3 winning awards. It would first have to step up to Mass Effect 2 and get at least a score of 9,7 at well recognised gaming websites like Gametrailers, before it would at least win an award or are the awards the ones that playslaves gave to it?

While i am just a PC Gamer, i would have to tell you that Playstation 3 falls flat in it's face this year when compared to the 360.

Have fun playing the glitchfest and borefest called Heavy Rain or the poor man's Battlefield Bad Company called Mag, while Xbox 360 players play real games like

Halo: Reach
Splinter Cell Conviction
Best graphical game on consoles Alan Wake
Metro 2033
Mass Effect 2
Perfect Dark Remake
and many upcoming AAA games that i cannot be bothered to mention.

Hell, the mention of Halo Reach, has Playslaves shaking in their boots.

Accept it, Sony is doomed in the gaming industry. They want to compete with Microsoft? they ain't seen nothing yet.

By the way, how is the weather down there at the third place? I guess it must really hurt to come from bragging on how people would get a second job just to buy Sony's console to playing catch up to a newbie like Microsoft.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 6:54am On Mar 19, 2010
Bandit C. the more you talk, the more you like a joke. Pls stop you are disgracing yourself.

You mentioned Gametrailers? it shows that you know absolutely noting about the gaming industry. Go to metacrictic or gamerankings. thats where all the reviews of games are deposited. stop acting like you know a damn when you know nothing.

Comparing Mass Effect 2 with GOW 3 further conceal your ignorance in the gaming industry.

But do you know uncharted 2 won highest number of awards in the gaming industry? what do you actually know?

Alan wake can't compete with Heavy rain in terms of character realism, and you know but you are still wearing a dark shade.

Halo Reach still can't compete with Killzone 2 in terms of Physics, lighting and Graphics. and Reach isn't even released, Wait, before you mention sales, Gran Torsimo 5 Will destroy reach in sales. 360 has already got many Halos, so this wouldn't make much of an impact, but this is the First Entry of Gran Torismo franchise into the PS3. Saying that it would be massive is an understatement.

your said Sony is Doomed.? LMAO!!! Sony released PS3 in 2006 and 2007 in japan, US AND Europe respectively, which was 2 time the Price of the wii and $200 more expensive than the 360 in the midist of the Global economic crises, yet it has outsold the 360 worldwide every year, bringing the 10.5 million lead 360 had when it lunched in 2005 to less than 5 million, which Gran Torismo alone can easily cover. i hope you are aware that PS3 has been sold out worldwide due to the Release of GOW3,  though, PS3 shortages may also have contributed.

PS3 is the third fastest selling console in history.

Bandit C. one advice,  Pls take a break from Online and stop looking like (insert a joke[here]) someone who just started gaming yesterday.

At, the end of this Generation,
Sony will sell 140 million PS3's
Nintendo, 120 million wii's and
Microsoft 90 million 360's as Predicted by market analyst's.

From history, playstation console never have great start, but the middle and end of their cycle is always unbelievable.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by N9528GB: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2010
kosovo:

Bandit C. the more you talk, the more you like a joke. Pls stop you are disgracing yourself.

You mentioned Gametrailers? it shows that you know absolutely noting about the gaming industry. Go to metacrictic or gamerankings. thats where all the reviews of games are deposited. stop acting like you know a damn when you know nothing.

Comparing Mass Effect 2 with GOW 3 further conceal your ignorance in the gaming industry.

But do you know uncharted 2 won highest number of awards in the gaming industry? what do you actually know?

Alan wake can't compete with Heavy rain in terms of character realism, and you know but you are still wearing a dark shade.

Halo Reach still can't compete with Killzone 2 in terms of Physics, lighting and Graphics. and Reach isn't even released, Wait, before you mention sales, Gran Torsimo 5 Will destroy reach in sales. 360 has already got many Halos, so this wouldn't make much of an impact, but this is the First Entry of Gran Torismo franchise into the PS3. Saying that it would be massive is an understatement.

your said Sony is Doomed.? LMAO!!! Sony released PS3 in 2006 and 2007 in japan, US AND Europe respectively, which was 2 time the Price of the wii and $200 more expensive than the 360 in the midist of the Global economic crises, yet it has outsold the 360 worldwide every year, bringing the 10.5 million lead 360 had when it lunched in 2005 to less than 5 million, which Gran Torismo alone can easily cover. i hope you are aware that PS3 has been sold out worldwide due to the Release of GOW3,  though, PS3 shortages may also have contributed.

Bandit C. one advice,  Pls take a break from Online and stop looking like (insert a joke[here]) someone who just started gaming yesterday.

From history, playstation console never have great start, but the middle and end of their cycle is always unbelievable.

I have been following up the war you and the other guys here ve been having, kosovo you have spoke well am impressed.

@the 360 fans until you own a Ps3 console you don't know what you are missing, I had doubts about the ps3 with news and the stuff it could do and how powerful the console is.

Until I got one, man my gaming experience changed! PS3 is a real gaming machine never underrate the ps3. 360 is okay but its no match to the ps3 console.

Right now am waiting for GOD of war 3 to arrive at park and shop in abuja.

Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2010
N95-2 8GB:

I have been following up the war you and the other guys here ve been having, kosovo you have spoke well am impressed.

@the 360 fans until you own a Ps3 console you don't know what you are missing, I had doubts about the ps3 with news and the stuff it could do and how powerful the console is.

Until I got one, man my gaming experience changed! PS3 is a real gaming machine never underrate the ps3. 360 is okay but its no match to the ps3 console.

Right now am waiting for GOD of war 3 to arrive at park and shop in abuja.

And do you own a 360 for comparison?

The 360 is more than a match for the PS3 any day.

I'm surprised you're a fan of Kosovo's. Kosovo has been insisting that the PS2 is a mediocre games console for a while now.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2010
lols
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2010
kosovo:

You are so ignorant and that i feel the pain for you, typical slaves. It goes like this *wah wah wah!!! Sony is the best!!!wah! the first position should be ours, we are superior, devs and the media are biased against sony!!!wah wah wah!! Uncharted and God of War 3 should get 10/10 all over the internet!! wah!!!*

That is all you guys are, bunch of cry babies. Now let me give you the fact, It is over for Sony and the Playstation brand. It is like the school razz chick that everybody knows is razz, but do not wanna hurt her feeling and tell her.

Lol at Sony selling 120 Milli, damn you Playslaves are such sheep, it hurts. Sony will remain in 3rd position till the end of this gen, don't get your hope high.

Boundries shift and new alliances are built and Xbox 360, as far as consoles go, is where gaming is at today, deny all you want but you cannot argue with the facts.

Lol at Killzone 2 being compared to Halo: Reach, just lol. Everybody i know who bought Killzone 2 has traded it in for a better game but go on xbox live now and see the number of people fragging themselves in Halo 3 right now. Hell that sh_t is in the hundreds of thousand and sometimes getting to a milli and that is just at any given time and you wanna compare crap like Killzone 2 to the upcoming monster, Halo Reach? just lol.

If you believe Gran Turismo 5 is going to sell as much as it did last gen, this gen, then go and tell the college you attended to refund your tuition because you are obviously a slowpoke.

Everybody and their mama had a PS2 last gen but half of the PS3 owners this gen are using it as Bluray Players, go figure.

Lol again at PS3 outselling 360 worldwide. I guess you ain't seen the NPD and VGcharts figures for february right? PS3 got it's a-s so outsold, it is not even funny and that is because of a true system seller like Mass Effect 2, a true game not some fictitious sh-t like Uncharted 2 which couldn't even sell, talk more of moving units.

You guys should put ya money where your stinking and loud mouths are and buy games made for your system instead of trumping others which are obviously better than yours.

Sony has lost this gen, sorry. They have not turned in any profit from the project called PS3 so it is time to give up the blind loyalty and move on.

As the saying goes: Sony playslaves, they do not like their system, they just hate yours.

You guys are such losers, lmao.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by N9528GB: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
texazzpete:

And do you own a 360 for comparison?

The 360 is more than a match for the PS3 any day.

I'm surprised you're a fan of Kosovo's. Kosovo has been insisting that the PS2 is a mediocre games console for a while now.

am not here to take sides or argue or either fan of kosovo, what he has said so far is true. 360 is equally good but am talking about gaming experience not graphics bla bla u pple r arguing over shikena
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Bandit C.

you last comment is the most pathetic i have seen from you. O.M.G!!! are you a gamer or  are you enjoying the use of the keyboard for the first time.

you said Gran Torismo 5 won't sell? but the Demo has already outsold Halo ODST. lol.

Sony is progressing according to plan, they claimed they would sell 13 million PS3 this fiscal year which ends March 31st, and m pretty sure they have already surpassed their goals.

When you brought NPD into the contex of your coment, i couldn't help but Laugh. It's is pathetic that you think NPD track's world wide sales, lol, when they only track US sales, even there in the US, Amazon and wal-mart sales isn't tracked by NPD. VG chartz is the most unreliable site ever. you bringing out facts from VGchartz also shows that you are clueless.

In Japan PS3 outsells 360 every month by over 100k, when there is a major PS3 game release, the figure could go as high as 250k.

In Europe, PS3 which was 1yr and 6 months late into this gen has already surpassed the 360 and is constantly outselling it in that region. Sorry to break your heart, US is the only place where the 360 is leading, and everyone knows that the PS3 and wii shortages in the US is the only reason why 360 is still selling. it's funny that you think PS3 is the only platform, Sony has in the market. 360 is still dragging with PS2 in Japan. lol. The PSP has been outselling the DS since jan 2010.

Everybody did not get the PS2 the first 3 years the game lunched, whats is happening to the PS3 also happened to the PS2. that's why i always say you started gaming yesterday. All playstation console go mainstream in their 3rd year. And the PS3 is once again proving that fact.

Sony has always made initial losses in all their gaming platforms, the Money they  get from Softwares covers that up. they start making profit from the middle of the console cycle. Microsoft Spending $3 Billion on warranty of RROD alone does not speak volumes right?

Microsoft Using the PS3 superior version of FF13 to advertise the game for their console also speaks volumes. I will provide the link soon. LOLs.

I just found out that Splinter cell for the 360 runs at 570p. 360 can't even be considered as a HD console anymore.
while Sony is busy progressing and pushing the bar in the gaming industry, Microsoft is regressing. Natal eating 30% of 360 CPU may also be the reason why we can't even see SubHD Games on the 360 any longer.

Bandit C. you are trying too hard to impress already just give it up, you are honestly making mockery of your self. Some one who thinks Alan wake is better than Uncharted 2. . .LOL
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
W
kosovo:

@Bandit C.

you last comment is the most pathetic i have seen from you. O.M.G!!! are you a gamer or  are you enjoying the use of the keyboard for the first time.

you said Gran Torismo 5 won't sell? but the Demo has already outsold Halo ODST. lol.

Sony is progressing according to plan, they claimed they would sell 13 million PS3 this fiscal year which ends March 31st, and m pretty sure they have already surpassed their goals.

When you brought NPD into the contex of your coment, i couldn't help but Laugh. It's is pathetic that you think NPD track's world wide sales, lol, when they only track US sales, even there in the US, Amazon and wal-mart sales isn't tracked by NPD. VG chartz is the most unreliable site ever. you bringing out facts from VGchartz also shows that you are clueless.

In Japan PS3 outsells 360 every month by over 100k, when there is a major PS3 game release, the figure could go as high as 250k.

In Europe, PS3 which was 1yr and 6 months late into this gen has already surpassed the 360 and is constantly outselling it in that region. Sorry to break your heart, US is the only place where the 360 is leading, and everyone knows that the PS3 and wii shortages in the US is the only reason why 360 is still selling. it's funny that you think PS3 is the only platform, Sony has in the market. 360 is still dragging with PS2 in Japan. lol. The PSP has been outselling the DS since jan 2010.

Everybody did not get the PS2 the first 3 years the game lunched, whats is happening to the PS3 also happened to the PS2. that's why i always say you started gaming yesterday. All playstation console go mainstream in their 3rd year. And the PS3 is once again proving that fact.

Sony has always made initial losses in all their gaming platforms, the Money they  get from Softwares covers that up. they start making profit from the middle of the console cycle. Microsoft Spending $3 Billion on warranty of RROD alone does not speak volumes right?

Microsoft Using the PS3 superior version of FF13 to advertise the game for their console also speaks volumes. I will provide the link soon. LOLs.

I just found out that Splinter cell for the 360 runs at 570p. 360 can't even be considered as a HD console anymore.
while Sony is busy progressing and pushing the bar in the gaming industry, Microsoft is regressing. Natal eating 30% of 360 CPU may also be the reason why we can't even see SubHD Games on the 360 any longer.

Bandit C. you are trying too hard to impress already just give it up, you are honestly making mockery of your self. Some one who thinks Alan wake is better than Uncharted 2. . .LOL

Wah Wah Wah!!! that is all im reading from you.

Lmao @ Sony making up it's losses from software sales. Ummm?? i think you mean the softwares that no one buys, right?

A mere Halo expansion game like ODST is now being compared to Gran Turismo? Oh how the mighty has fallen. Microsoft is doing something right.

Add another 2 Milli to the GT Prologue sales and you have gotten the total sale of upcoming GT 5.

Most PS3 owners use it as Blu Ray player while serious gamers are fragging it out on 360 and PC.

I know that losing your griff on the market can turn a company and it's fans to irate madmen, don't worry it is expected.

Move on. I am done with you. Arguing with you is like arguing with a piece of wood because you know jack sh_t.

Oh before i drop out, i have one request. Since you keep telling everybody that they started gaming yesterdays, could we please post and compare pictures of our gaming setups and the consoles we have owned since the 80's so i can know if i have not been arguing with a 14 year old? please.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Bandit C.

Talking with you is like giving a Dog a scholarship.

You called Halo ODST an expansion pack? but it was sold for the full retail price of games $60. you are so clueless and you have just got owned.

you say People don't buy PS3 game, but when i brought the sales track of 360 games every one totally ignored as it it wasn't there, they think all games on the 360 do halo numbers. .lol How pathetic. two human anyone?

to clarify the loss issue. .

Microsoft has lost over $9 billion since the inception of the xbox, the $3 Billion RROD warranty can also be considered as a loss. Yes Live has been helping M$. Microsoft a large chunk of their money on Adds.

while sony has lost $4 Billion on the PS3. . softwares sales and profits from PS2 and PSP has that one locked down. . Home is also there, Sony has 12 Million home users and that also generates funds for Sony.

Nintendo definately has the Edge here, making a low spec game and making initial profits from the hardware and software.

eh! You are even more Dumb to think that i will bring out my Privacy online. Go cRY ME a River.

i am done with you, someone who thinks GT5 will sell only 6 million copies shouldn't be considered as a serious person. i can't believe i have been wasting my time ever since. . 

what a waste of Bandwidth. . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 1:59am On Mar 20, 2010
Bandit C
Before you reply kosovo, let me tell you about some of his assertions. . . Kosovo thinks:

A. The ps3 is more than twice as powerful as the 360.
B. The ps3 processor is more powerful than an Intel Core i7.
C. Killzone 2 is better than Halo 3(in fact, all ps3 games are better than 360 games).
D. The primary criteria for judging a game is it's graphics.
E. The 360's optical drive/games are HD DVD.
F. Tekken 6 was developed/published by Capcom. grin
G. Grand "T[b]o[/b]rismo" 5 will sell 100 million copies in its first week(and 50 million ps3 consoles).
H. PS3s can literally "do everything" i.e teleport, levitate, detect UFOs within a gazillion mile radius, etc etc etc.

CRACK ON!!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 2:08am On Mar 20, 2010
Well he doesnt actually add a 'd' but you get the point!
"Gran Torismo" again and again. . . from someone who claims to have been gaming since Jesus wept. grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 8:14am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^

Someone who lies on another just to make a point should not be taken seriously as well.

i could never have thought that the 360 uses HD DVD, when the HD DVD has 15GB AND the 360 optical media(DVD-dl) has just 9GB of data, 7GB available to developers, the other 2GB for security.

C'mom i don't even have all the energy to debunk all ridiculous statement against me. . .  Lol . Ritchyboy just get over it already, Microsoft using the superior PS3 version of FF to advertise for it's platform speaks volumes. . .

Oh b4 i Go!

Anything that doesn't involve catching a Big RED BALL. .  LOL C'mon who wants to pretend their hands is the Gun? what is this? 3rd Grade? PEW! PEW! PEW! LOL lol LOL lol LMAO!!!!!

i am Done Here. . . Thanks
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by init4dmoni(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
these ps3 fanboys are just pathetic
gow 3 one of the best games eva? like i said, pathethic
you don't see us saying wait till halo reach, alan wake etc. come out!
the more i read kosovos' posts the more his actual age in my mind goes down

kosovo:

^^^

Someone who lies on another just to make a point should not be taken seriously as well.

i could never have thought that the 360 uses HD DVD, when the HD DVD has 15GB AND the 360 optical media(DVD-dl) has just 9GB of data, 7GB available to developers, the other 2GB for security.

C'mom i don't even have all the energy to debunk all ridiculous statement against me. . .  Lol . Ritchyboy just get over it already, Microsoft using the superior PS3 version of FF to advertise for it's platform speaks volumes. . .

Oh b4 i Go!

Anything that doesn't involve catching a Big RED BALL. .  LOL C'mon who wants to pretend their hands is the Gun? what is this? 3rd Grade? PEW! PEW! PEW! LOL lol LOL lol LMAO!!!!!

i am Done Here. . . Thanks
lol
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
@init4dmoni
Keep Trolling. LOL cheesy grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2010
Kosovo
are you denying you once said the optical drive of the 360 is HD DVD before texazzpete corrected you?
Liar liar, pants on fire! grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2010
^^^

I am sorry i have no idea of what you are talking about. . .

How could i imagine that Microsoft would use the HD DVD as an add-on as well as it's default optical media. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Badriyyah(f): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2010
LMAO, Fanboys, Does microsoft or sony pay you to defend their consoles

Each console has it's own strong and weak points, there's no need to go into a rant about it. Some games will look better on the Xbox, some will look better on the PS3. JUST SHUT UP AND GET OVER IT. Gamers today annoy me, it's all about the gaming experience not jumping around like puppies.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
N95-2 8GB:

am not here to take sides or argue or either fan of kosovo, what he has said so far is true. 360 is equally good but am talking about gaming experience not graphics bla bla u pple r arguing over shikena

In one breath you say the 360 is 'equally good'. in the other you say it's no match for the PS3. You speak about PS3's superiority in the 'gaming experience' but have never owned a 360 for comparison.

I think you need your medicine. Now.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Badriyyah(f): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2010
I own the 360 and Ps3. And as much as I love my Ps3, I won't deny that Playstation has been lacking a lot. I don't think it's because the machine is weak, I just think that sony is not willing to spend money to give us good looking games, Hell it took FFXIII and God of War 3 to show us how games should look on the PS3.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2010
Badriyyah:

I own the 360 and Ps3. And as much as I love my Ps3, I won't deny that Playstation has been lacking a lot. I don't think it's because the machine is weak, I just think that sony is not willing to spend money to give us good looking games, Hell it took FFXIII and God of War 3 to show us how games should look on the PS3.

I disagree.

80% of the games on 360 and PS3 are good looking games.
For games to look that good on PS3 or 360, more development time is needed. A whole lot more time!
As a gamer, i'd rather have a game in hand to play.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Badriyyah(f): 10:06am On Mar 22, 2010
texazzpete:

I disagree.

For games to look that good on PS3 or 360, more development time is needed. A whole lot more time!

Yeah, we know they look good, but it'll be great to see the full power once in a while. I don't mind waiting for great games, i'll pick that over playing a mediocre game.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2010
texazzpete:

I disagree.

Uncharted 2 says HI, 1 year and 6 months isn't a lot of time cheesy for a game that has pulled over 6000 awards. . . cheesy (insert game of the year [here])

But but. . . Alan wake. . .taking over 5years to develop and still waiting, yet no new or interesting features. . .

the same thing cannot be said of Gran turismo 5, which is close to 5 years in the making, because it brings the following to the genre. .

Head tracking . .
60fps
Full HD . . .1080p
3D
1000 cars
custom interior design
Move support
and lots more. . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
kosovo:

Uncharted 2 says HI, 1 year and 6 months isn't a lot of time cheesy for a game that has pulled over 6000 awards. . . cheesy (insert game of the year [here])

This is why i keep saying you know nothing about the gaming industry. You're counting the time between releases as the development time. And that's false.
Even as Naughty dog devs were working on creating Uncharted, the tech guys were hard at work on the engine for Uncharted 2.
Standard gaming development. You build the engine (or license a pre-existing one like Epic's Unreal) before you start adding assets and fleshing out the details.

kosovo:

But but. . . Alan wake. . .taking over 5years to develop and still waiting, yet no new or interesting features. . .

So you've mastered time travel, gone to the future, played Alan Wake and decided it has no new features abi?

kosovo:

the same thing cannot be said of Gran turismo 5, which is close to 5 years in the making, because it brings the following to the genre. .

Head tracking . .
60fps
Full HD . . .1080p
3D
1000 cars
custom interior design
Move support
and lots more. . .

Sorry to burst your bubble, but many racers like Burnout Paradise and Forza 3 run at 60FPS.
All the other things you mentioned are relatively simple to implement (apart from interior modelling).
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
@texazzpete
So you've mastered time travel, gone to the future, played Alan Wake and decided it has no new features abi?
We have seen the videos, and so far Remedy entertainment have been most confused.

@texazzpete
This is why i keep saying you know nothing about the gaming industry. You're counting the time between releases as the development time. And that's false.
Even as Naughty dog devs were working on creating Uncharted, the tech guys were hard at work on the engine for Uncharted 2.
Standard gaming development. You build the engine (or license a pre-existing one like Epic's Unreal) before you start adding assets and fleshing out the details.
I will rather go with the horses mouth on this one. . 1 year and six month. . cheesy
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
kosovo:

@texazzpete We have seen the videos, and so far Remedy entertainment have been most confused.

And you've deduced that Alan Wake has no interesting features from a few minutes of video?

kosovo:

@texazzpete I will rather go with the horses mouth on this one. . 1 year and six month. . cheesy

Show me where Naughty Dog claimed they developed Uncharted 2 from scratch in 18 months.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Mobinga: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
KOSOVO THINKS: Any ps3 exclusive is GoTY or should be the greatest game of all time, check his rants about U2,
PS3<X360,
And in 3 years time
PS4<X720.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Mobinga
I don't Believe all PS3 games are great.

Liar was a mediocre game at best. . .

Tex. . M fetching the link to your question from my archive. . .
be back soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ps4 Slim With Fifa 20 For Sale 125k. / Art Of War 2 Liberation Of Peru / Help! Pes 2012 Hangs On Creating An Avatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.