Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. (5123 Views)

Advice Needed :is The Playstation 3 Still A Worthy Buy In 2015? / Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! / The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 28, 2010
Bandit C said God of war 3 has to compete with mass effect 2. After just 3 weeks of release, mass effect 2 is no where to be found on world top 50 selling games. You like VGchartz seeing that you use it to back your asss up then head there and check for last week's top seller. Mass effect 2 is not even there. Uncharted 2 is still doing some 30k a week. I like how 360 fanboys support Dante's inferno over gow3. When everything in danter's inferno is nothing but a rip off. Nothing original about it. Even the story is copied. As for Alan wake, I'll comment on it when the the devs decide what genre the game will be and spoiler, Alan wake killed his wife that he was looking for. And why does Microsoft like saying better than anything you hav ever seen on a console before and has not being done on any console before"? Even the CGI trailer for Alan wake is poor quality when Normura said Final Fantasy versus 13 is better than it's CGI trailer. Microsoft should just release a new console that won't use DVD. DVD formats are easily hacked. I can get any multi plat games for free on the 360 which I get by the way and I get them before their official release date. Don't ask me where, Just get a PS3. I have both and I use xbox for multi plat games cause they free .

@Kosovo

Either zippers patch mag or mag sucks for a ps3 exclusive.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2010
9jaganja:

Bandit C said God of war 3 has to compete with mass effect 2. After just 3 weeks of release, mass effect 2 is no where to be found on world top 50 selling games. You like VGchartz seeing that you use it to back your asss up then head there and check for last week's top seller. Mass effect 2 is not even there. Uncharted 2 is still doing some 30k a week. I like how 360 fanboys support Dante's inferno over gow3. When everything in danter's inferno is nothing but a rip off. Nothing original about it. Even the story is copied. As for Alan wake, I'll comment on it when the the devs decide what genre the game will be and spoiler, Alan wake killed his wife that he was looking for. And why does Microsoft like saying better than anything you hav ever seen on a console before and has not being done on any console before"? Even the CGI trailer for Alan wake is poor quality when Normura said Final Fantasy versus 13 is better than it's CGI trailer. Microsoft should just release a new console that won't use DVD. DVD formats are easily hacked. I can get any multi plat games for free on the 360 which I get by the way and I get them before their official release date. Don't ask me where, Just get a PS3. I have both and I use xbox for multi plat games cause they free .

@Kosovo

Either zippers patch mag or mag sucks for a ps3 exclusive.

I have never seen anyone 'support' Dante's inferno over God of War 3. Everyone knows GoW 3 is the better title.
I don't know what you're smoking, but Mass Effect 2 has been out for 2 months now. Not the 3 weeks you're claiming.

When Mass Effect 2 came out, it grabbed the No 1 spot in the UK, sold over half a million units in 4 days in the US.

Using the same Vgchartz as a source, Mass Effect is the highest selling game this year after the usual Wii charttoppers.

With a higher metacritic score than GoW 3 plus more than 30 perfect review scores, if the Game of The Year award were to be held right now, Mass Effect 2 would win hands down over God of War 3.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
9jaganja
i can also say God Of War is a rip-off of DMC & POP, afterall, it borrowed a lot of ideas from them. That didnt stop it from being probably my favourite single-player game of all time. Neither did it stop me from thoroughly enjoying Dante's Inferno for 10 hours or thereabouts.
And you are wrong about Mass Effect 2.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
texazzpete:

I have never seen anyone 'support' Dante's inferno over God of War 3. Everyone knows GoW 3 is the better title.
I don't know what you're smoking, but Mass Effect 2 has been out for 2 months now. Not the 3 weeks you're claiming.

When Mass Effect 2 came out, it grabbed the No 1 spot in the UK, sold over half a million units in 4 days in the US.
Again . .  Over tracked. . . E.A says 50000  in one week VGchartz say 500,000 in 4 days. . .VGcahrtz is crap. . .

Using the same Vgchartz as a source, Mass Effect is the highest selling game this year after the usual Wii charttoppers.

Vgchartz is not a reliable source. . . They always under-track PS3 games and over-track XBOX 360 games. . .
Vgchartz is full of manupulations, today you see sumthing, tomorrow is another thing. .
With a higher metacritic score than GoW 3 plus more than 30 perfect review scores, if the Game of The Year award were to be held right now, Mass Effect 2 would win hands down over God of War 3.
Not again! You and i know the reason why it had lower scores. . . No co-op, multiplayer and bla bla. .  Everyother aspet GOW III despoils Mass Effect 2. .  GOWIII isnt a game that requires co-op etc. . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
kosovo:

Again . .  Over tracked. . . E.A says 50000  in one week VGchartz say 500,000 in 4 days. . .VGcahrtz is crap. . .

Vgchartz is not a reliable source. . . They always under-track PS3 games and over-track XBOX 360 games. . .
Vgchartz is full of manupulations, today you see sumthing, tomorrow is another thing. .

Once again you appear with your lies.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177757
http://www.ea.com/news/biowares-mass-effect-2-hailed-1st-blockbuster-of-2010

EA announced Mass Effect sold over 2 million units in the first week

I'm warning you Kosovo, keep this up and your words will be worth GARBAGE in this section.

Also NPD Group proclaimed ME2 as the 2nd highest selling title in the US for january even though it came out only on the 26th of Jan with a sales figure of 570000 sold.

kosovo:

No co-op, multiplayer and bla bla. .  Everyother aspet GOW III despoils Mass Effect 2. .  GOWIII isnt a game that requires co-op etc. . .

The lack of co-op has no effect on the review scores of a game in God of War 3's Genre, Show me reviews that have given the game knocks for a lack of co-op if you can.

And Kosovo, sorry to burst your bubble but Mass Effect 2 has no multiplayer modes, no co-op, nothing. If you really need to troll on a product, at least check out the damn game!

Mass Effect 2 has a better story, lasts longer ( 25 - 30 hours to complete), most likely has more replayability due to the different choices you can make in the game. It has phenomenal sound, excellent voice acting (praised by all reviewers).
The only edge GoW3 may have is in the graphics, and that's only by a hair. And as you can see, the 40 reviewers that handed it a perfect score loved the graphics to bits!

As it stands, ME2 is ahead of GoW3 in the race for game of the year 2010.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2010
@TEX! . . . yes. . .My BAD! uncalculated human error. .
But the figures isn't for xbox360 only. . . that figures covers both the PC and 360 version. . .

GOWIII will annihilate Mass Effect 2 IN TERMS of Awards . . . We shouldn't even b debating that . .

We still have games coming. . .Gaming industry follows one thread . . .Games released early in the year do no get much attention, because the buzz is over. . . Just like uncharted 2, MW2. . Everyone forgot Killzone 2. . . etc . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2010
kosovo:

But the figures isn't for xbox360 only. . . that figures covers both the PC and 360 version. . .

GOWIII will annihilate Mass Effect 2 IN TERMS of Awards . . . We shouldn't even b debating that . .

We still have games coming. . .Gaming industry follows one thread . . .Games released early in the year do no get much attention, because the buzz is over. . . Just like uncharted 2, MW2. . Everyone forgot Killzone 2. . . etc . .

That figure is for the Xbox 360 version, sorry.

As i said before, God Of War 3 can only edge ME2 on visuals alone, and not by as large a margin as you'd have hoped. On almost every other yardstick, GoW 3 falls behind Mass Effect 2.

As i said before, 40 perfect awards (many of them from multiformat game reviewers), a metacritic score of 9.6 and rave mentions in even non gaming media like Gizmodo and Time Magazine should tell you that ME2 will sweep ALL game of the year awards if it's held right now.

Killzone 2 stood no chance before MW2, not because of any 'buzz', but because infinity Ward's game had a far better multiplayer experience. Buzz has nothing to do with it. Many years after it's release, more people are playing Halo 3 online than are playing KZ2.

Not uncalculated human error. You lied. To make a point. Bad grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by gadjetvill: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
i have god of war 3 and final fantasy 13 for sale
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
gadjetvill:

i have god of war 3 and final fantasy 13 for sale

I'm sure you do. Kudos.

Now run along and open a new thread for your sales, ok?
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by init4dmoni(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2010
kosovo:

wtf? are u kidding me?
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/944907-mass-effect-2/index.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/943928-god-of-war-iii/index.html
those two games are not in the same league
mass effect 2 is ranked 14th overall
compared to gow 3's 127th
for ur sake u better be joking undecided
me2 is ranked no 1 in 2010
u better start looking for a cure to ur blind fanboyism
as of now every word u write has to be taken as a fanboy rant!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
@init4dmoni
  GTA 4 Is the highest rated game ever, yet Uncharted 2 annihilated it in awards, No game has won the magnitude of awards Uncharted 2 has won, and i can't see any game breaking that record anytime soon. . .

I have analyzed the gaming industry and when i post, you just have to read and accept, i am no fanboy. . .If i was a fan boy i wound't have played all games humanity can make.
Thanks

Atari 2600
Intellivision
Vectrex
Atari 5200
Colecovision
Nintendo NES
Sega Genesis
Turbo Grafx
Super NEs
Panasonic 3d0
PS1
PS2
xbox
xbox 360
Ps3
etc etc . . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
kosovo:

@init4dmoni
  GTA 4 Is the highest rated game ever, yet Uncharted 2 annihilated it in awards, No game has won the magnitude of awards Uncharted 2 has won, and i can't see any game breaking that record anytime soon. . .

Both games came out in different years, sonny. And awards is not a definite criteria to judge quality.
Take all the awards Uncharted 2 won, and use them to rank GoW3 and Mass Effect 2. The only ones GoW 3 will scoop above Mass Effect 2 is in visuals. And that doesn't count for a whole lot.
By far the most important awards are the 'game of the year' awards. And GoW 3 falls behind ME 2 in GOTY rankings.

Your problem is your state of denial. You've been in a crazed frenzy for so long about GoW 3 that you cannot iimagine any other game superseding it this year. But ME2 takes the cake.

Your earlier dismissal of ME 2's brilliance shows everyone that you know precious little about gaming apart from what you read on PS3 biased websites. Bethesda has been making quality titles since the God of War team were in diapers grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2010
as If mass effect isn't coming to the PS3 . . . so it's a win-win situation. . .

the year would soon be over, i have bookmarked this page. . . i will use it as a reference when GOW3 start banging the awards . . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by init4dmoni(m): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2010
kosovo:

as If mass effect isn't coming to the PS3 . . . so it's a win-win situation. . .

the year would soon be over, i have bookmarked this page. . . i will use it as a reference when GOW3 start banging the awards . . .
the guy just owned himself  grin

oh and btw posting a list of gaming consoles doesn't make u a gaming guru, it just proves that you know how! to use google which by the degree of rubbish u keep on posting, is a surprise
the battle for goty is pretty much b/w me2 and halo reach now tongue
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 7:03am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^
No where have i heard, Mass Effect isn't coming to PS3 (the superior version) . . .

Mass effect hasn't still crossed 3 million sold on PC AND 360. . C'mon. EA doesn't do exclusives . . . EA is known for multiplatform, and EA Owns BIOWARE NOW . .

the Announcement can't come soon . . . .
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2010
I have played mass effect 2. And it was just a okay game. Considering it got a super bowl commercial, I didn't expect it to vanish off the chart like that while Uncharted 2 is still on top 50. Tex have you played mass effect 2 and uncharted 2? If you haven't don't compare.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2010
9jaganja:

I have played mass effect 2. And it was just a okay game. Considering it got a super bowl commercial, I didn't expect it to vanish off the chart like that while Uncharted 2 is still on top 50. Tex have you played mass effect 2 and uncharted 2? If you haven't don't compare.

Just okay, huh?
40 perfect reviews, tons and tons of overwhelmingly positive recommendations, touted as a GOTY 2010, and to you it's just ok?

Good thing we know how biased you are. Fanboy!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2010
texazzpete:

[b]Just okay, huh?
40 perfect reviews, tons and tons of overwhelmingly positive recommendations, touted as a GOTY 2010, and to you it's just ok?

Good thing we know how biased you are. Fanboy!
[/b]

Quit talking as if you don't know reviews are all in the hype. They make their money off video game industry and if the industry crashes cause of bad reviews on games, they have no JOB. Only you can ersonally review a game by playing it. Don't let the words fool you. Mass effect is a new IP and I wasn't expecting much from it yet. I'm a fanboy yeah and I own the HD twins and a wii. You are such a bad accuser. Go play mass effect and stop sticking up for the invisible. I actually bought the game instead of downloading it for free cause the review scores hyped me up. Go play the game, play uncharted 2, then come back hia.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by init4dmoni(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
these ps3 fanboys are pathetic
there's no use arguing with them

9jaganja:

Quit talking as if you don't know reviews are all in the hype. They make their money off video game industry and if the industry crashes cause of bad reviews on games, they have no JOB. Only you can ersonally review a game by playing it. Don't let the words fool you. Mass effect is a new IP and I wasn't expecting much from it yet. I'm a fanboy yeah and I own the HD twins and a wii. You are such a bad accuser. Go play mass effect and stop sticking up for the invisible. I actually bought the game instead of downloading it for free cause the review scores hyped me up. Go play the game, play uncharted 2, then come back hia.
but it's different when it's gow 3 right
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
init4dmoni:

these ps3 fanboys are pathetic
there's no use arguing with them

but it's different when it's gow 3 right

You are the pathetic slowpoke here. Where did I talk review about GOW3? You are just as ignorant as the rest of your Obese xbox 360 owners. What da hell? You can't comprehend simple English unless it's written in Microsoft? Where did I talk about game reviewers on GOW3? You are not just a slowpoke but a pathetic one at that too. Go play GOW3 your self and not go by reviews idiot!!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
9jaganja:

Your argument falls flat on its face when you see that many hyped games receive poor or average reviews.
I'm beginning to think you're like Kosovo. You know precious little about the games industry. The review sites make their money from the people who visit their sites and read their magazines. And their readerbase is based solely on the premise that their reviews are an unbiased guide for them to make the best choices when buying a new video game. At the first sign of review bias and corrupt influence from the game developers, the backlash is IMMENSE.
A good case study is the GameSpot 'Gerstmann-gate', where gamespot were alleged to have bowed to pressure from Eidos to hound a reviewer out of the system over poor reviews of Kane and Lynch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerstmann#Termination_from_GameSpot

The gaming industry will never crash. New games are being churned out constantly, many of high quality. The reviewers will always have games to preview and review, and with the stagnation of the game print magazine business, people are turning to game sites more and more.

So sorry, your theory does not hold water. I'm surprised you even thought it up in the first place. and the fact that Mass Effect 2 garnered so many perfect and near perfect reviews shows that it indeed is a very special game. And as i said before ( to Kosovo), it is currently being thought of a the frontrunner for Game of the Year 2010 at this point in time.

9jaganja:

Mass effect is a new IP and I wasn't expecting much from it yet. I

Mass Effect 2 is what we are discussing - and as anyone over 8 years of age should know, '2' means it's a sequel.
A sequel CANNOT be a 'New IP'. What the hell were you thinking when you wrote that?

Not expecting much from MAss Effect? It's made by Bioware. Bioware is the studio behind such great PC games like Baldur's Gate (1 & 2), Neverwinter Nights series, Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (which was GOTY 2003 from many reviewers and is listed on IGN's site as No 27 on the 100 games of all time list).
Bioware has been making stellar games for donkey years. And you weren't expecting much from the sequel to Mass Effect, a game with a metacritic rating of 91% and one of the best games of 2007?

What exactly do you know about gaming, my friend?

9jaganja:

Go play the game, play uncharted 2, then come back hia.

And your point is? I KNOW uncharted 2 is a great game. I played Uncharted 1 and i loved it. From all indications, U2 is even better. When i get round to playing it, i'll love it. Similarly, Mass Effect 2 is universally acclaimed as a great game. I'm familiar with that genre. Ergo, when i play it, i will love it too.
Why waste my time on idle comparison? If Uncharted 2 gives me a better feeling than Metal Gear Solid 4, does that now automagically make MGS4 a poor game?

Please explain this logic at once.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
texazzpete:

Your argument falls flat on its face when you see that many hyped games receive poor or average reviews.
I'm beginning to think you're like Kosovo. You know precious little about the games industry. The review sites make their money from the people who visit their sites and read their magazines. And their readerbase is based solely on the premise that their reviews are an unbiased guide for them to make the best choices when buying a new video game. At the first sign of review bias and corrupt influence from the game developers, the backlash is IMMENSE.
A good case study is the GameSpot 'Gerstmann-gate', where gamespot were alleged to have bowed to pressure from Eidos to hound a reviewer out of the system over poor reviews of Kane and Lynch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerstmann#Termination_from_GameSpot

The gaming industry will never crash. New games are being churned out constantly, many of high quality. The reviewers will always have games to preview and review, and with the stagnation of the game print magazine business, people are turning to game sites more and more.

So sorry, your theory does not hold water. I'm surprised you even thought it up in the first place. and the fact that Mass Effect 2 garnered so many perfect and near perfect reviews shows that it indeed is a very special game. And as i said before ( to Kosovo), it is currently being thought of a the frontrunner for Game of the Year 2010 at this point in time.

Mass Effect 2 is what we are discussing - and as anyone over 8 years of age should know, '2' means it's a sequel.
A sequel CANNOT be a 'New IP'. What the hell were you thinking when you wrote that?

Not expecting much from MAss Effect? It's made by Bioware. Bioware is the studio behind such great PC games like Baldur's Gate (1 & 2), Neverwinter Nights series, Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (which was GOTY 2003 from many reviewers and is listed on IGN's site as No 27 on the 100 games of all time list).
Bioware has been making stellar games for donkey years. And you weren't expecting much from the sequel to Mass Effect, a game with a metacritic rating of 91% and one of the best games of 2007?

What exactly do you know about gaming, my friend?

And your point is? I KNOW uncharted 2 is a great game. I played Uncharted 1 and i loved it. From all indications, U2 is even better. When i get round to playing it, i'll love it. Similarly, Mass Effect 2 is universally acclaimed as a great game. I'm familiar with that genre. Ergo, when i play it, i will love it too.
Why waste my time on idle comparison? If Uncharted 2 gives me a better feeling than Metal Gear Solid 4, does that now automagically make MGS4 a poor game?

Please explain this logic at once.

Dude Mass effect is a new IP because it's all started on this current gaming generation. A sequel doesn't make a game new or old IP. Uncharted is also a new IP 2yrs+ old. A sequel doesn't make a old IP. Some Japanese games released only in Japan are already on 7th in just 2 yrs does that make them old IP? Go and play mass effect first dude. Then come back if you haven't played mass effect 2, don't be going with the hype of universally acclaimed by who? Who and who acclaimed it? Abeg go sleep.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
9jaganja:

Dude Mass effect is a new IP because it's all started on this current gaming generation. A sequel doesn't make a game new or old IP. Uncharted is also a new IP 2yrs+ old. A sequel doesn't make a old IP. Some Japanese games released only in Japan are already on 7th in just 2 yrs does that make them old IP? Go and play mass effect first dude. Then come back if you haven't played mass effect 2, don't be going with the hype of universally acclaimed by who? Who and who acclaimed it? Abeg go sleep.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but with a well established, well received game in the franchise (Mass Effect 1), any game in the Mass Effect franchise can no longer be considered as a new IP.

9jaganja:

Go and play mass effect first dude. Then come back if you haven't played mass effect 2, don't be going with the hype of universally acclaimed by who? Who and who acclaimed it? Abeg go sleep.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect2#usercomments

'Universally acclaimed' is used to refer to any game with a very high metacritic score. Both Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2 have metascores of 96, and thus bear the 'universally acclaimed' badge.

Please read my Nairaland signature. It applies to you.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2010
texazzpete:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but with a well established, well received game in the franchise (Mass Effect 1), any game in the Mass Effect franchise can no longer be considered as a new IP.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect2#usercomments

'Universally acclaimed' is used to refer to any game with a very high metacritic score. Both Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2 have metascores of 96, and thus bear the 'universally acclaimed' badge.

Please read my Nairaland signature. It applies to you.

Here we go again. I said go and play the game and not go by reviews. What part of that don't you understand? I have played the game and I'm telling it was hyped way past it deserved. You haven't played it so either play it or forget about knowing how great the game is. Geeez you can even rent it at blockbuster if you don't want to buy it. Or if you are in Nigeria and you have a hacked 360, I can give you a site to download it from free. Until you have played the game, don't comment on how bad or how good the game is. You got all hyped up cause you read reviews from websites? And you refused to play the game? It's been a month since it came out why haven't you played it if you are that hyped up about it that you think it's a good game cause reviews said it's good? Guess what? Zelda has one of the best reviews too!!! Go play the game and not listen to folks whose livelihood depends on people buying video games.

On one other thread, you said you just got your copy of God of war 3. Now why won't you get masseffect 2 since it's as much good game or even better? All you know about gaming is what reviewers tell you? You de fall my hand ooo!! And you be 9ja man soo? Chai!!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2010
9jaganja:

Here we go again. I said go and play the game and not go by reviews. What part of that don't you understand? I have played the game and I'm telling it was hyped way past it deserved. You haven't played it so either play it or forget about knowing how great the game is. Geeez you can even rent it at blockbuster if you don't want to buy it. Or if you are in Nigeria and you have a hacked 360, I can give you a site to download it from free. Until you have played the game, don't comment on how bad or how good the game is. You got all hyped up cause you read reviews from websites? And you refused to play the game? It's been a month since it came out why haven't you played it if you are that hyped up about it that you think it's a good game cause reviews said it's good? Guess what? Zelda has one of the best reviews too!!! Go play the game and not listen to folks whose livelihood depends on people buying video games.

Reviews are there for a purpose: to give a clear indication of the quality of a game. For me, that's the important thing. and Reviews serve that purpose; many gamers buy games based on solid review recommendations.
i don't know when last you read a review from a reputable game site, but the standard practice is to carefully analyse the game, present its strengths and weaknesses and then give a recommendation based on that analysis.
The fact that a staggering amount of reviewers gave mass effect 2 such a high rating is more than enough proof for any reasonable person that the game is of good quality. Personal opinion (from personal experience) is only ever enough to say if the game fits your requirements.

I remember once playing Final Fantasy 8 on PS1 in front of a couple of friends, and they HATED it with a passion. They just could not imagine a game where a bunch of spiky haired people hung around and started attacking turn by turn. They couldnt wait for me to take out the game so they could get to the serious business of Pro Evo Soccer. To those people, Final Fantasy 8 was a crappy game. In fact, a direct quote from one of them was
"Peter, where you dey see all these rubbish games from sef? In fact, bring that cd make i break am"

his opinion. But would you say Final Fantasy 8 was a rubbish game?

Fun fact: I have GTA 4, i never played it more than 30 minutes total. I didn't get as caught up in the whole thing,and it just wasn't as compelling for me. Does that mean GTA 4 was a crappy game? No.

9jaganja:

On one other thread, you said you just got your copy of God of war 3. Now why won't you get masseffect 2 since it's as much good game or even better?

I've had God of War 3 for 3 weeks now. The day i bought it, i loaned it out to a friend who's long since finished it. I got it back and i'm in the process of lending it out to someone else for a week. my total play time? 20 minutes max.
I've had MGS 4 and Devil May Cry 4 since 2008, never played 'em. Killzone 2 since last december, never played it.
These are all good games, but i'm time constrained. And to be honest, i'm much happier playing PES 2010 with my buddies.

I know Mass Effect 2 is a wonderful game. So was MGS 4, so was DMC 4. So is Batman: Arkham Asylum. I haven't played any of them yet. That doesn't make them bad games, or prevent me from having an appreciable opinion on those games.

9jaganja:

All you know about gaming is what reviewers tell you? You de fall my hand ooo!! And you be 9ja man soo? Chai!!

So this is the straw you cling to in a losing argument? You can do better, you know.
There are many different forms of learning, and personal experience is just one form. Why do you think millions of people watch Top Gear - they want to know more about cars. These people can tell you just how good a Bugatti veyron can be without ever owning one. Does that make them wrong?
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Bawss1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2010
^^^ Finish him Tex! grin grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
texazzpete:

Reviews are there for a purpose: to give a clear indication of the quality of a game. For me, that's the important thing. and Reviews serve that purpose; many gamers buy games based on solid review recommendations.
i don't know when last you read a review from a reputable game site, but the standard practice is to carefully analyse the game, present its strengths and weaknesses and then give a recommendation based on that analysis.
The fact that a staggering amount of reviewers gave mass effect 2 such a high rating is more than enough proof for any reasonable person that the game is of good quality. Personal opinion (from personal experience) is only ever enough to say if the game fits your requirements.

I remember once playing Final Fantasy 8 on PS1 in front of a couple of friends, and they HATED it with a passion. They just could not imagine a game where a bunch of spiky haired people hung around and started attacking turn by turn. They couldnt wait for me to take out the game so they could get to the serious business of Pro Evo Soccer. To those people, Final Fantasy 8 was a crappy game. In fact, a direct quote from one of them was
"Peter, where you dey see all these rubbish games from sef? In fact, bring that cd make i break am"

his opinion. But would you say Final Fantasy 8 was a rubbish game?

Fun fact: I have GTA 4, i never played it more than 30 minutes total. I didn't get as caught up in the whole thing,and it just wasn't as compelling for me. Does that mean GTA 4 was a crappy game? No.

I've had God of War 3 for 3 weeks now. The day i bought it, i loaned it out to a friend who's long since finished it. I got it back and i'm in the process of lending it out to someone else for a week. my total play time? 20 minutes max.
I've had MGS 4 and Devil May Cry 4 since 2008, never played 'em. Killzone 2 since last december, never played it.
These are all good games, but i'm time constrained. And to be honest, i'm much happier playing PES 2010 with my buddies.

I know Mass Effect 2 is a wonderful game. So was MGS 4, so was DMC 4. So is Batman: Arkham Asylum. I haven't played any of them yet. That doesn't make them bad games, or prevent me from having an appreciable opinion on those games.

So this is the straw you cling to in a losing argument? You can do better, you know.
There are many different forms of learning, and personal experience is just one form. Why do you think millions of people watch Top Gear - they want to know more about cars. These people can tell you just how good a Bugatti veyron can be without ever owning one. Does that make them wrong?

One big fat liar in the house!!!!

You said the reason you never played your God of war 3 was because you need a UPS and that you need to update and you can't update with NEPA in Nigeria. You are supporting your self with lies boy. You never said the reason you didn't play it was because you loaned it out or because you did not enjoy it blah blah blah. Go abeg you a big fat ass liar!! Texalie!!!! Go and play mass effect 2 and stop commenting on a game you have no idea how it plays. I doubt you have played mass effect 1. Oh wait, you probably loaned it to your friend in England. Liar, I know your type. Haven't played the game and you are using review to back it up? You think any company will let bad reviews ruin their chances of making money? Instead they'll rather not have reviews. MAG sucks ass when it was released but it got a 8.5 review which is a good review. Does that mean MAG is a good game? You lie too much boi go!!!!! I don't comment on a game I haven't played. Your own personal review is the best for you. Not what some paid popular game sites say. You have not a clue negro just leave it a lone.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
9jaganja:

One big fat liar in the house!!!!

You said the reason you never played your God of war 3 was because you need a UPS and that you need to update and you can't update with NEPA in Nigeria. You are supporting your self with lies boy. You never said the reason you didn't play it was because you loaned it out or because you did not enjoy it blah blah blah. Go abeg you a big fat backside liar!! Texalie!!!! Go and play mass effect 2 and stop commenting on a game you have no idea how it plays. I doubt you have played mass effect 1. Oh wait, you probably loaned it to your friend in England. Liar, I know your type. Haven't played the game and you are using review to back it up? You think any company will let bad reviews ruin their chances of making money? Instead they'll rather not have reviews. MAG sucks backside when it was released but it got a 8.5 review which is a good review. Does that mean MAG is a good game? You lie too much boi go!!!!! I don't comment on a game I haven't played. Your own personal review is the best for you. Not what some paid popular game sites say. You have not a clue negro just leave it a lone.

I'll be damned if you don't suddenly sound like a teenager. In fact, one very spoilt little teenager.
I obtaind GoW 3 from Lexyman right around when it was released (call him to confirm if you dare). Even before the disc arrived from Lagos, i had already made plans to give someone who would actually have time to play it. The only condition was simple: I had to be the one that opened the game. No way was i gonna spend 12k on a game and let someone disvirgin it. As i indicated in this forum before, the update prevented me from playing it on day one.
Right after the opening credits and a few minutes of play, i handed it over to a friend with no regrets whatsoever.
I said as much to Kosovo when we chatted about a week and half ago.

Your childish insults show how right i was about you. You cannot be reasoned with.
Now run along and go torrent more games.

@Kosovo
See how your trollish topics let this child abuse his betters! Knock some sense into his head, willya?
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2010
texazzpete:

I'll be damned if you don't suddenly sound like a teenager. In fact, one very spoilt little teenager.
I obtaind GoW 3 from Lexyman right around when it was released (call him to confirm if you dare). Even before the disc arrived from Lagos, i had already made plans to give someone who would actually have time to play it. The only condition was simple: I had to be the one that opened the game. No way was i gonna spend 12k on a game and let someone disvirgin it. As i indicated in this forum before, the update prevented me from playing it on day one.
Right after the opening credits and a few minutes of play, i handed it over to a friend with no regrets whatsoever.
I said as much to Kosovo when we chatted about a week and half ago.

Your childish insults show how right i was about you. You cannot be reasoned with.
Now run along and go torrent more games.

Uneven stories. Still a big fat liar!!!! Go abeg!!!

@Kosovo
See how your trollish topics let this child abuse his betters! Knock some sense into his head, willya?
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by platinumnk(f): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
anybody gonna let me watch them play?
I love watching people play GOW cheesy
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2010
platinumnk:

anybody gonna let me watch them play?
I love watching people play GOW cheesy

Hahahahaah. You can come after my exams on 23rd if you live in Manhattan.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by platinumnk(f): 4:20am On Apr 07, 2010
^^ no i stay in the south, but find me a great GOW player and it will be like movie night.
I love that game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ps4 Slim With Fifa 20 For Sale 125k. / Art Of War 2 Liberation Of Peru / Help! Pes 2012 Hangs On Creating An Avatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.