Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba (17122 Views)

If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing / Get Paid While Shopping - Phones, Powerbank, Laptops... / The Zanco Tiny T1, The Smallest Mobile Phone In The World (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Ezionye(f): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
Fear of St Michaels made me buy my phone from SLOT in aba which I regretted.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Sylverly(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sirheny007:

My people, this all you could say to an info as important as this? undecided
lol..i was just booking space
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by cardoctor(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
Aba, home of ............
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Sylverly(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
krissconnect:
Ok so this is my story. When I was in the seminary school, I left school for home cos of an ailment. My two classmates gave me 7k each to get them an internet accessible Nokia phone. So I went direct to Nokia house in st Michaels without getting to home. I got to a shop and told them I wanted a Nokia 'smartphone',the guy gave me a phone which I agreed to purchase, but when I went outside,another guy approached me and told me the phone was fake. So I decided to drop that one and followed him like a lamb led to be slaughtered. This seem to be honest guy gave me two Nokia c5 phones at the rate of 7k each. Omo I mad cos I couldn't believe it could be sold DAT cheap. He gave me the phones with the receipt and led me to where I could get a bus going to ariaria(my home). I thought to myself that he was such a nice guy. I took the phones sheepishly and headed home. Little did I know they wia mere China phones that could be sold at 3k each. You know the rest of the story embarassed cry
That is the most common trick they use.. Or they could tell you that Nokia house has been relocated, and if you are naive, you will just follow them... �. You know what the outcome will be
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
I opened a thread like this about Lagos a while ago.But the mod refused to move it to fp.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Sylverly(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

lol..eyaaa sorry.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by asawanathegreat(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Pray against initiation into Ipob
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Penalty82(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
9jvirgin:
I am a Confirmed Yoruba Man, the best of my traditional attires were made in Aba; I have never seen creativity anywhere in Nigeria like I saw in Aba. That city makes me a proud Nigerian.

No city in the world beats them on this.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Penalty82(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sylverly:
Op, you tried but let's help you more as nwa aba, bread and buttered in aba. . cool
1.) Aba is a nice place to be with commodities at their affordable rate. In fact anybody that is hardworking must eat three quare meal in aba.

2.) You need to be careful if you are a visitor, who journeyed down to aba to get phone or another gatchet)/ electronics , clothings, or any other item.

3.)For gatchets and electronics, the two most popular placeS every Dick and Harry go to are St Michaels(Gadgets) and Shopping Centre (for electronics) . And believe me, these two places house most of the jobless youths in aba who hustle to make a living. The interesting part of it is, about 60-80 percent of people that claim to be sellers in these places do not have a shop, so they jump at every opportunity to siphon your pocket.
Which I have experienced, but as nwa aba I be, I was able to battle it out with them until they gave up.. And told me to carry my wahala and go.
You might find it funny, but believe me, these same boys have sold a DVD set to an akwaibom man without a remote control, all in the name of it works by voice control. .only for the man to come back and the told him that the voice control was damaged on his way back to his state. Finally, they had to charge him close to the amount he bought the DVD set for the remote.

These same people can sell Sharp television for Samsung....Definitely, it will have a Samsung casing but inside is a sharp Television (this was particularly experienced by our tenant)

However, aba is fun to be.. .if only our government will at least concentrate on the roads and electricity. These are just the two things the inhabitants of aba needs.. And you will see a true Japan of Nigeria emerge.

PROUDLY ABA MADE. ..
EVEN lala...can attest to these grin

True I suspect that lalasticlala is from Abia state b'cos there's a couple that died mysteriously both works in the same place and are yet to be buried due to the circumstances surrounding their deaths but the way lala narrated the whole thing makes me believe that he's from that side.

Proudly Nwa Aba.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by realnas(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Open the phone to ensure that they do not stuff it with soap or some developer might have have forgotten his cocaine inside the phone .
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Penalty82(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Why did you regret buying phone at slot?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by busybrain123(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
chatinent:
Location involved: St Michaels, Aba, Abia State, Nigeria.

Image credits: Wikipedia.

Have you been to Aba before? Oh, I see you are wanting to read some amazing things about this new place. Aba is a great place to be, serene and a business zone. In fact, people say, or rather call it the 'small Japan.'

Know why? Because everything createable can be made here. (no be beans). What are you planning to shop? Wears? Phones? Huh? However, are are few things you may experience and must take note while shopping in one of the malls:
1. Based on street. Are you wiser? Be watchful, if you are shopping on phones, at St Michael's (Aba popular phone show rooms center), be sure you have enough knowledge of what you are buying. Cool down. Search for its spec online. Every Dick and Tom in Aba na area. They know more than their age. They don't care about you or your welfare, but sure there is sth they care about; your pocket.
2. J J C. Are you Jimmy-just-come or possibly Jane-just-come? A new-comer huh? Your action would draw onlookers. Be vigilant, tell the receptionist what you want. Don't give anybody money yet. Don't dare enter inner to where you don't know. Some hoodlums, what they do are, collect your money, give you a phone's casing, and probably beat you and get you ransacked. Don't be surprised.
3. Check what you bought before leaving. Do scrutinize it before you carry an empty phone casing home and cry all cloud weak.
4. Collect your receipts as you pay. Most people seem to undergrade the usefulness of the receipt, however, I don't.
At times, the pretend to forget giving you the receipt. This is proof you bought it and didn't steal it. Assuming a problem arises, or maybe, a fault not stated earlier, your receipt is evidence for anything you have to say or action you may take.
5. Counter-balance. What they mean by this is, you bring another phone, then top some amount of money to purchase a bigger one, that is, trading a phone and some additional money for a bigger phone. Buying the phone is not the problem, check if its faulty, check if you could receive calls and hear what your caller says, and they hear you also. Sure, there must be a hidden 'comma.'
6. Buy what you want and leave. Yes, be yourself, don't start counting your mint of money amid them. sad Ovasabi, they may help you save it well.
7. Deceit. They are people who would use 'sweet tongue' to lure you into patronizing them, even pleading with you to come to their shop. I tell my friends to beware of these sorts. I prefer show-rooms; fixed prices, security sure, no harassment, a guaranty, sure receipt and lastly, a new phone.
So viewer, these are few things, you could add yours so I'd update the topic.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=486&st=0#entry948
Nice post....OP please how do you upload those images on this your thread.... I have been trying to post my thread with images in between the post... Please teach me.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Sylverly(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Penalty82:

True I suspect that lalasticlala is from Abia state b'cos there's a couple that died mysteriously both works in the same place and are yet to be buried due to the circumstances surrounding their deaths but the way lala narrated the whole thing makes me believe that he's from that side.

Proudly Nwa Aba.
grin. I didn't say nothing.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Ezionye(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Penalty82:

Why did you regret buying phone at slot?

Within a few weeks, It wasn't properly receiving network signals on all sims so most times there was no service on the fone. They continued tossing me to and fro and even tried to insinuate that I spoilt it.

I eventually lost the reciept and the phone was stolen later.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by sicily4u: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
Most importantly forget those that will ask u come to tecno office for ongoing promotion, once u follow them cross the road to the other side ur name na sorry
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
If you bend down, you go see aba.... nwa aba de here so!
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by chatinent: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
Zane2point4:
Forgot all those nonsense op wrote up there to probably get traffic, i have bought numerous phone for people in that st Micheal's rd aba, no one have ever ccomplained, nokia house is stil up there, so if you aint buying fairly used just enter nokia house alone the rd.
Hey sb,
I've lived in Aba for a long time. I could write worse for Computer Village, Ikeja Lagos, or the Alaba International market. I purposely wrote these tips for security sake and new comers. Please human, be mindful of what you type.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by jamesharryson(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
Op, as far as I am concerned, u are wrong! There is no city in the world you won't get agbero or processors. All you wrote here are not for Aba. They are for your own Village. But the truth remains that whatever you want to buy, just go for it. Dont go to the market unprepared, otherwise many options will be presented to u till you lose site of the good. Aba is good!
Aba is the best place for a man struggling to make both ends meet. Everything in Aba is a business. Aba converts everything to wealth.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by chatinent: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
busybrain123:

Nice post....OP please how do you upload those images on this your thread.... I have been trying to post my thread with images in between the post... Please teach me.
I do it with the use of the BBcode [img] [/img] tags. Well, some forum still let you upload them and use it in-line with posts, though, Nairaland does not. So, you'll have to use BBcode. Find the image link, sth like 'www.google.com/cow.jpg' then enclose it with the image tag '[img] [/img].' A simple HTML.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Eze2000(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
9jvirgin:
I am a Confirmed Yoruba Man, the best of my traditional attires were made in Aba; I have never seen creativity anywhere in Nigeria like I saw in Aba. That city makes me a proud Nigerian.

Bro, may God bless you for telling the truth.

Oya, IPOB haters where una dey? Carry una dead body come here. Everybody from the east is IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu to you fools but see una Yoruba brother like them!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Eze2000(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
AnkaraStyles:
This is for everywhere in Ngeria I think.

Meanwhile Ladies See
My Signature

Which signature? Bad guy like you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by One4me: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
9jvirgin:

Hmmmm......Standard signature of an Aba IPOB terrorist.

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Eze2000(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Who in his right senses goes to Aba to buy fone. I nor wan buy Aba made fone jor undecided

If I told you that some of the shoes you wear with made in ITAY stamped all over them are actually made in Aba, you will think I'm kidding. For sure the stove you use comes from there and not Taiwan.

But guess what? They all last you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by kick(f): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Within a few weeks, It wasn't properly receiving network signals on all sims so most times there was no service on the fone. They continued tossing me to and fro and even tried to insinuate that I spoilt it.

The name of the phone.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Penalty82(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Hmmm
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Ezionye(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Penalty82:

Hmmm

I have forgiven you and your colleagues Sha.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Ezionye(f): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
kick:

The name of the phone.

Nokia torch
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
9jvirgin:
From a born n bred Aba boy that's where creativity lies. Funny enough our governors re all disgrace
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
OP you forgot to add.

After buying the phone,hold the phone in your hand on your way out. Even after dev packaged it,open it in dia front and bring out the phone and hold.
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Penalty82(m): 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

I have forgiven you and your colleagues Sha.

Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kobicove:
If you're looking to buy an original phone then Aba may not be the best place to go
Aba has original phones. We have Tecno,Samsung,Slot and Nokia office which sells all types of phones. So?
Re: 7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba by Jointhemiltons2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Zane2point4:
Forgot all those nonsense op wrote up there to probably get traffic, i have bought numerous phone for people in that st Micheal's rd aba, no one have ever ccomplained, nokia house is stil up there, so if you aint buying fairly used just enter nokia house alone the rd.
Gbam simple as dat. Tecno office dey,even Slot dey sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / Thanks To Infinix, I Saw Davido Concert Live At 02 Arena / NCC, NIPOST To Verify SIM Card Owners' Addresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.