Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) (20298 Views)

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) / Nigerian Student, Ojo Bagged Most Outstanding Phd Student Award In USA (photo) / OAU English Department Refused To Give Best Graduating Student Award For 15/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by bunmioguns(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017

By Femi SHODUNKE

TWENTY-NINE years old Nigerian engineer, Toyosi Craig, has been name the most outstanding student in South Africa.

Craig bagged the honour at the Nigeria Community Excellence Award held‎ ‎last Satuday at the Encore Theater Complex, Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa.

The award was attended by officials of the Nigerian High Commission and Consulate, top government officials from Nigeria, members of Nigerian community in South Africa, top South African government officials and members of African Diaspora.

The most outstanding student category of the award was introduced this year and was sponsored by Old Mutual South Africa, to honour the best performing Nigerian student in the country.

Craig, a PhD student in Engineering Management with a special focus on solar energy at the Stellenbosch University, South Africa, emerged the winner in the most outstanding student category from the three nominees that were chosen from the over 400 students who took part in the contest.

The Abeokuta, Ogun State born Craig, who just finished a project on development by innovation for Africa at Technical University of Munich, Germany, was chosen on his academic accomplishments and research innovations, particularly his area of research interest, which is innovation management and systems analysis.

Craig, who said that he flew from Germany to Pretoria to receive the award, thanked God, the award organizer, his family and social media network, Penpushing, where he is a member, for the genuine support and encouragement from the members.

Meanwhile, the Founder of Penpushing, Prince Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji, has expressed delight on the award and congratulated Craig for making Nigeria proud.

“This noble platform, which you are a member, is proud of your feat in making your country, Nigeria, proud and bringing it to a global stage in a positive way and manner,” Kayode-Adedeji said in the congratulatory message.

“We wish to congratulate you on your award as the 2017 Most Outstanding Nigerian Student,” he said, adding: “No doubt, your sterling quality is a major factor which contributed to your emergence as the best among the 400 nominations. This is remarkable, inspiring and encouraging.”

The Penpushing founder further said: “As we congratulate you, we also encourage you to further show commitment and exhibit competence in your field of choice in your profession and other endeavours.

“We pray that God will be your guide and guardian. Once again, accept our congratulatory message, and we wish you more successes.”

Source = http://www.gatewaymail.org/?p=9588

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Samsimple(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Oya come and make rotor for nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Rochas Okorocha come and see oh

because I know say ur sense de pain u undecided

4 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Thanks for making Nigeria proud

5 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by smardray(m): 10:26am On Oct 18, 2017
young people making Nigeria proud...
yet our old leaders keep bringing us shame

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by toyhandsome(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2017
Thanks Bunmi Oguns for the share.
I dedicate the award to all young Nigerians out there who continue to work hard despite no encouragement or support.
I know if it was entertainment or politics ..some Nigerian heavy weights would have identified with it.
They would have even given cars, houses, brands and likes����.
But as you know in our nation...all is well.
Maybe someday someone will be interested in supporting/applauding academic/innovation achievements.

I'll just encourage all of us not to give up. We all own Naija..

Signed
Toyosi Craig
toyosi@sun.ac.za

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Youngsage: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
toyhandsome:
I dedicate the award to all young Nigerians out there who continue to work hard despite no encouragement or support.
I know if it was entertainment or politics ..some Nigerian heavy weights would have identified with it.
Maybe someday someone will be interested in supporting/applauding academic/innovation achievements.

Signed
Toyosi Craig
toyosi@sun.ac.za

Congrats!!

3 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Jetleeee: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
toyhandsome:

Signed
Toyosi Craig
toyosi@sun.ac.za

37 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by thorpido(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good
Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by DiamondTips(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
smiley smiley wink

Making Nigeria Proud

“Don't just do anything in life, you will just be aimless and hopeless, instead, do what you love best and are sure you are good at, it is then you can never be a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by ebuka10box(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
May God make him bigger and bless him but hope he can do other things other than educational stuff cos right now education is dieing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by goldenarrow: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
Well done. Congrats to a patriot.

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Finstar: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is great... Commendable...

Visit www.entmirror.com for Business ideas

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by bigpicture001: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
y are nigerian so desperately in a hurry to dump thier native names for popular movie names like craig,josh,adre,steph..etc...nigeria is fast becoming a country without identity...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Tobilastik(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
congrats to him

check out my signature
Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Some people are now sorrowful. Afonja again?

7 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Seeker17(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
No doubt Nigerians are born achievers.. Congrats Bro

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by ivolt: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
ebuka10box:
May God make him bigger and bless him but hope he can do other things other than educational stuff cos right now education is dieing

No, education is not dying, the certificate is.

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Well done bro
Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by ronnyfam(f): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Congratulations keep the flag flying and pls watch your back in SA

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by slateness: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by iretemide(f): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Congrats man., I cherish excellence kudos to you. I believe there's still hope for this great nation of ours.

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by MrEdimulo82(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
toyhandsome:

Signed
Toyosi Craig
toyosi@sun.ac.za

Kudos bro....Bigger u

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by eliwa47(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
congrats toyosi for making nigerian proud!

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
Congrats.
just don't get in to any trouble with SA police. those neggas ain't chilling at all.
bunmioguns:

Source = http://www.gatewaymail.org/?p=9588

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by LeSudAfricaine: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
modelmike7:
Thanks for making Nigeria proud
for once gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Omofunaab2: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by Uglyojuku: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
y are nigerian so desperately in a hurry to dump thier native names for popular movie names like craig,josh,adre,steph..etc...nigeria is fast becoming a country without identity...
That is his family name..

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by ComingThrough: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
bigpicture001:
The dude didn't drop his name, his name is Toyosi, Craig is his surname and very little research would have told you that, this is a direct result of slave trade. Dont be too quick to judge others.

4 Likes

Re: Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos) by LeSudAfricaine: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
ronnyfam:
Congratulations keep the flag flying and pls watch your back in SA
no need for that, he seems decent, he'll be fine unlike most of your countrymen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun To Peg Secondary School Leaving Age At 18 —speaker / NIIT Scholarship / ASUU STRIKE: Denrele, Blessing CEO To Host N30m Talent Hunt For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.