Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS (48995 Views)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / Calabar/ikom/ogoja Highway Reconstruction Work Resumes (photos) / Benue Floods: Passengers Stranded As Road Divides Into Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by SalamRushdie: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:
All I can say is Fashola is a failure.
If you see what Benin Abuja road currently looks like, you would pity for Nigerians.

And et this government approved the highest of Budget for ministry of works.

I wanted against Fashola being given any serious portfolio but no one agreed , this same Fashola couldn't complete a mere 35kms of Lekki Wow road in 8 years despite spending 35 billion naira and setting up a fraudulent toll gate on it ma d yet someone deemed it fit to give him federal roads ..Fashola is the fraudster that first started construction a km of road for 1 billion naira and today it's the norm with most state governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by endyddon: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Na was o
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nnazzy52(m): 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
If only our country has effective maintenance culture I don't tink dis would hv happened.GOD bless Nigeria.
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by gazoka(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
donblade85555:
One day they will die because of overload
.. how many people go dae one small bus...they are lucky no one died...it would have been a different story

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man visit
www.laughkillme.com

Stupid you
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Ttipsy(f): 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
......and that's an oil rich region. while federal govt is busy searching for oil in the north, Lagos Ibadan express way and second Niger bridge and others are taking the front page, so bad!!
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by 9japrof(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
djemillionia:

whats funny ?

Bros no vex, I be dey price to buy plot of land for front page grin
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by blackbeau1(f): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
That road has always been a trap . Terrible road
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
dainformant:
Commuters and road users were stranded yesterday following a serious traffic gridlock after a portion of the Calabar/Ikom highway caved in at Iwuru, Biase LGA of Cross River state, cutting the road completely into two. A bus which was filled with passengers traveling - fell into to the sinkhole. The number of casualties is yet to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Traffic was brought to a standstill after the incident as motorists devised alternative routes.

According to reports, the highway has remained a nightmare for motorists and commuters for years now, as they spend over five to six hours driving to Ikom from Calabar, instead of two or three hours due to bad road.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/calabar-ikom-highway-bus-falls-into-sinkhole.html

Damn i swear eh dats bus nice.i'm sure it most be expensive.I mean see the beauty.

FTCsmiley
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by chukzyfcbb: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
sink hole happens everywhere, even in developed countries.

2weeks ago it was even shared on Nairaland, how it happened on a road at China, its a global issue mbok. This one no be fashola issue

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nwachineke1980: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Two and half years,yet we cannot point out one single achievement of this government. The annoying part is that some fools will still blame Jonathan.This same fools will service their cars after three months and I wonder why don't they wait for their cars to break down just like Buhari is waiting for Nigeria to break down?

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by efilefun(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:
If you see what Benin Abuja road currently looks like, you would pity for Nigerians.

So the road was in excellent condition before fashola came in right? All Nigerian politicians are failure don't just point out fashola cuz if that road had been done by obj or GEJ it will still be good by now.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by benoly(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is terrible
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by efilefun(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
Two and half years,yet we cannot point out one single achievement of this government. The annoying part is that some fools will still blame Jonathan.This same fools will service their cars after three months and I wonder why don't they wait for their cars to break down just like Buhari is waiting for Nigeria to break down?
oh I forgot GEJ built the road but pmb and fashola decided to scrape the road overnight.... sinkholes happen everywhere just like the person above you said.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nostradamu(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
9japrof:
And we say we have leaders in this country, 2019 idiots would come out en masse to vote in crooks.

We deserve what we get, these useless leaders would divide the masses along religious, ethnic and tribal lines while in the centre, they unite and share the money, attend ceremonies together and sometimes make noise in the public like they are enemies(eg wike and ameachi) to make the supporters believe he enimity is there.

Lemme give you an example, if one million youths from every state plus the capital congregate in Abuja for a week, that's a figure of 37 million block the roads leading to Aso Rock demanding a complete restructuring of the country to make the it profitable, I bet you, Buhari and the national assembly must bow to pressure, but would never happen because of the sentimentalism, and tribalism in us.

If any group rise up to make any demonstration against the president even on national issues(eg his health grounds) some stupid northern mofos would jump on his defence. Some of them here say instead power would leave north, they are willing to vote him for the second time, and these are individuals hunger keeps ravaging day in day out.

This country would never get better under this current status quo, anybody telling you otherwise is
lieing
to your face

Very crazy set of losers (aka leaders). btw, it's lying, not 'lieing'. grin
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by geokay777(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
dainformant:
Commuters and road users were stranded yesterday following a serious traffic gridlock after a portion of the Calabar/Ikom highway caved in at Iwuru, Biase LGA of Cross River state, cutting the road completely into two. A bus which was filled with passengers traveling - fell into to the sinkhole. The number of casualties is yet to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Traffic was brought to a standstill after the incident as motorists devised alternative routes.

According to reports, the highway has remained a nightmare for motorists and commuters for years now, as they spend over five to six hours driving to Ikom from Calabar, instead of two or three hours due to bad road.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/calabar-ikom-highway-bus-falls-into-sinkhole.html

GOVERNMENT Ben Ayade d Digital governor is working,,, weh done sah undecided
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Sammy213(m): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Abeg ds one no b advert biko pardon it wnt happen again,
i won sale my camon cx air of two weeks old every tin s still intact need money for project futo
location aba or owerri 08181094944 price 40 or 38k
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by KingOfSkills: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
dainformant:

and they have a Governor ooo, later they will be demanding for their own republic
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by 2shure: 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
The way former govt akpabio looted funds
Devil wud be like
Men im proud of u
Pdp never moving forward
They stagnant
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by mfm04622: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
yungbillionaire:
sometimes na to hold our leaders do dem like this..na em dey hungry me

It is a natural disaster! Please it is not that they didn't construct the road well
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Dearlord(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
In cases like this, some of the passengers will be like :

1. Did this happen because of the debt I owe the Oracle?

2. Oh! My pastor / babalawo was right.

3. So! These stubborn tenants want to end my life not to come and collect my Rent?

4. ..Because of these Ogbanje Amaka that I am running after that I would have ended my life.

In all these they will fail to understand that these are natural disasters preventable by good government
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

its not fashola. the whole of nigeria is cursed!

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Gozbrown(m): 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kai Buhariii

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by eaglechild: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sammy213:
Abeg ds one no b advert biko pardon it wnt happen again,
i won sale my camon cx air of two weeks old every tin s still intact need money for project futo
location aba or owerri 08181094944 price 40 or 38k
You are very insensitive

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by 9japrof(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nostradamu:

Very crazy set of losers (aka leaders). btw, it's lying, not 'lieing'. grin

Thanks ma man for the correction, which beer brand you dey like make i sama you one crate

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by mechanics(m): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
That's serious o.
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by es144000: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is too. Bad,failure of governance at all levels
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by eziokwubundunuwa: 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria keeps running in circles. Until we privatise all our highways, we'll keep constructing and reconstructing every 5 years. Nobody that plied the once beautiful Owerri-Onitsha road in 2012 will believe that road is so bad now that vehicles drive against traffic.
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by just2endowed: 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
efilefun:
oh I forgot GEJ built the road but pmb and fashola decided to scrape the road overnight.... sinkholes happen everywhere just like the person above you said.

Do you know the meaning of sinkhole at all? The portion of the road had been eaten by erosion over the years. If sinkhole happen, it's in twinkle of an eye in a good ground. There has never a report of sinkhole in Nigeria.

Lalasticala should change the heading.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by Nostradamu(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
9japrof:

Thanks ma man for the correction, which beer brand you dey like make i sama you one crate

Baba, shey "Python Sniper" beer dey? grin grin grin grin
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by mrNVO(m): 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
dainformant:

Oga OP no be passenger bus oooooo, na delivery van carrying sweets and buscuits.......if U look at the pics you posted you will clearly see that the van was conveying goods.
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by mrdipye(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
signs of earthquake in naija
Re: Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS by asawanathegreat(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Our government bad no be lie, no light, no road? And 2019 they will come and deceive us to vote 4 them again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeleke Caught With Illegal Crocodile Meat At Calgary International Airport / Is Oshodi The Most Popular Place In Lagos? / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.