Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) (51145 Views)

China's Newest Mega-airport Opens In Chengdu / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Sirmuel002: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Oga oo. Meanwhile in Nigeria we are still trying to maintain murtala Muhammed international airport
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Nickymichy(m): 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
Plsss... Is der any hope 4 Nigeria?
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by blakid(m): 12:02am On Oct 19, 2017
smithsydny:
this country no follow at all
i dy tell you...Na make man gader small baa run commot ooo..
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by blakid(m): 12:03am On Oct 19, 2017
Nickymichy:
Plsss... Is der any hope 4 Nigeria?
Not until the name Nigeria itself cease to exist.... Till then, let's keep surviving.
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by GenghisAlexa1(m): 12:36am On Oct 19, 2017
And there may not even be light at MMA as we speak.
Naija ti cast, wallahi
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Rolly22(m): 12:41am On Oct 19, 2017
ivolt:

Be realistic, only through prayer can a country develop. Nigerians need to pray harder.
Cut that prayer crap and face reality

1 Like

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Rolly22(m): 12:43am On Oct 19, 2017
deji17:
That is half of Nigeria's budget. Nigeria is a poor country

Who told you that Nigeria is a poor country? Do know how much your so called Leaders loot out everyday?
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by timesup234: 12:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Ugosample:

Which article ?

In Purchasing Power Parity, China is still not bigger than Western Europe.

As I said before, China is not there just yet.

Europe still got the highest living standards in the planet
Keep dreaming. What doesn't take a second to click but you love to keep living in mirage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

1 Like

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:04am On Oct 19, 2017
This beautiful edifice would have cost three times of 4.3trillion naira due to corruption in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by chukxie(m): 2:22am On Oct 19, 2017
beamtopola:
China things no they last if you think I m lying ask their spaceship.

Hear yourself talking for a second and you'll realise you sound like a toddler. China's experimenting on a lot of grounds. It fails, learns from it, and then goes on to perfect it. That's what they are doing. Everywhere you go in China you'll find developments taking place - new blocks of residential houses are being built; railways lines are being added to the already massive networks of tracks; schools, hospitals, shopping malls are being build; entirely new cities, town's are being built from ground up...As Nigerians we should be weeping for our country - a country blessed with every resources to make rich yet poor. A country whose people should be envied yet scorned, abhored by its neighbours and the rest of the world. A country where state governors are applauded for constructing substandard roads, handing out wheelbarrows to its citizens, building bus stops, a country with gross epileptic power supply.... Do you want me to go on? Our leaders should hide their faces in shame. They're the worst kind of humans I've ever seen. Nigerians are suffering beyond words. How many Nigerians own properties however small? How many can afford to buy houses? Do you know the average Chinese citizen owns his/her own apartment bought on mortgage? Let's weep for Nigeria because the devil has made our nation his abode.

3 Likes

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by October1960: 3:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Unlike our thieving govt officials and lazy polithievians China is investing and building infrastructure for the future.

I feel sorry for Nigerians that think corruption is okay.

2 Likes

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 19, 2017
blakid:

i dy tell you...Na make man gader small baa run commot ooo..
I swear
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Basic123: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Harbeyg09:
Been a while i heard of Nigerian officials doing something
Yea,since they completed the ugly third mainland bridge in 1993!

1 Like

Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2017
timesup234:
Keep dreaming. What doesn't take a second to click but you love to keep living in mirage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

I know what purchasing power parity means, but in this case here, it does not count, because when China wants to engage the world, it will still engage the world in nominal terms (USD)

The yuan which is their currency is not even trust worthy
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by galadima77(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2017
DisGuy:
Very impressive as usual

Meanwhile our engineers will be claiming NSE/COREN upandan they don't work in the rainy season like say rain only falls in the country

lalasticlala

Guy!! U nailed it.... Na only certification u go dey hear for naija..
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by galadima77(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2017
In Nigeria we're busy talking what others have forgotten.

Death trap roads
Archaic rail lines
Jebba bridge
Power system collapse

Embezzlement and thieving
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by sshalom(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Now this is a project. The type that can turn around an economy and create global attraction/patronage. Over here, we are busy covering up rubbish and getting PhDs in sycophancy!
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by Konquest: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2018
Explorers:
It's destined to become one of the world's biggest transport hubs.

So it's perhaps not surprising that Chinese officials were keen to show-off the skeleton of Beijing's new mega-airport - Beijing Daxing International Airport this week.

Representatives unveiled the primary structure of its 80billion yuan (£9billion) project on Monday, which boasts 1.6million cubic metres of concrete, 52,000 tonnes of steel and spans 47 square kilometres (18 square miles), including runways.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4984476/Beijing-proudly-unveils-mega-airport-open-2019.html
^^^^^
^^^^^
Brilliant work by the Chinese.
The Great Wall of China that
was built over 2000 years
by the Chinese was NO fluke!
grin
Re: ₦4.3Trillion: China Unveils New Mega-Airport, Spans 18 Square Miles (Photos) by M3A16(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2018
Here is a country taking development a top on the list while our leaders here in Nigeria are busy looting the country's treasury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Uganda Unveils The 5th Longest Suspension Bridge In Africa (PHOTOS) / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.