Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US (24145 Views)

Sri Lanka: President Rajapaska Flees As Protesters Invade Residence / Anatoly Chubais Resigns And Flees Russia / Kenya Election 2017: Supreme Court Annuls Kenyatta Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Do you stay in Kenya ? WHat is your take?

I don't live in kenya but i travel often to kenya and other East African countries, and am very familiar with african politics since am a political analyst, consultant and social critics.

I also do not think uhuru should allow raila dictate the rules of the game, IEBC is the umpire and they should be the one to decide the rules.

NB: Just watched NTV news now and i saw the statement made by Wafula Chebukati seeking to hold a meeting with the two candidate, to seek out political solution. What is your take on this @TayserMahiri
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
jayon:

I don't live in kenya but i travel often to kenya and other East African countries, and am very familiar with african politics since am a political analyst, consultant and social critics.

I also do not think uhuru should allow raila dictate the rules of the game, IEBC is the umpire and they should be the one to decide the rules.

NB: Just watched NTV news now and i saw the statement made by Wafula Chebukati seeking to hold a meeting with the two candidate, to seek out political solution. What is your take on this @TayserMahiri

At this point it could be necessary for the two to hold talks. The alternative is Armageddon on election day 26th. Raila has already called on his supporters to hold mass demonstrations on that day which simply means mass violence. Soo yeah Chebukati is right.

The problem with talks is that they are being forced on one candidate. Uhuru Kenyatta sees no point for talks because he feels Raila wants to demand for a power sharing arrangement between him and Uhuru.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by lagosrd: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Damibiz:
Water don pass garri oga madam come run away oooh,i feel for kenyans
Have you forgotten that Inec woman from ekiti
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by victor8269: 1:55am On Oct 19, 2017
More reasons to thank God for Jonathan
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by victor8269: 1:56am On Oct 19, 2017
lagosrd:
R u saying that they're related?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by victor8269: 1:58am On Oct 19, 2017
The question on everyone's lips now is: Would Jubrin peacefully step down in 2019? or would he do an Uhuru on us?
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Damibiz(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2017
We knw then na
lagosrd:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

At this point it could be necessary for the two to hold talks. The alternative is Armageddon on election day 26th. Raila has already called on his supporters to hold mass demonstrations on that day which simply means mass violence. Soo yeah Chebukati is right.

The problem with talks is that they are being forced on one candidate. Uhuru Kenyatta sees no point for talks because he feels Raila wants to demand for a power sharing arrangement between him and Uhuru.
Thanks for coming out of the closet and declaring yourself a kamwana supporter. You at some point said that you don't care about politics, coz it doesn't help you apparently, or words to that effect. End of greeting.
Let's just be honest and call a spade a spade :
1. NO elections took place on 8/8/17.
2. Now as in the past, violence on Kenyans during elections has been administered by the POLICE.
3. The elections body is rotten to the core. This lady Dr Rose Akombe did not want to be part of ANOTHER sham election that is imminent.
4. Talks? which talks? Kenyans want a fair and free process. Uhuru has ensured that we can't.
5. Raila has alot of support around the country. Always has. This always riles folks from your neck of the woods who have Neanderthal views on him and his community.
6. If you have a backbone condemn the "police" killings of pro opposition demonstrators, the ethnic profiling and subsequent killing of non demonstrators by the same "police" of 9yr girl playing on her balcony, a 6month old infant, a high school kid selling ice cream during holidays. By the "police ". For nairalanders who might not understand my quote unquoting the word police, it's common knowledge on kenyan streets right now that the police figures in the last photo given by the op are in fact members of an ethnic militia from the presidos tribe and go by the name Mungiki. They have always been omnipresent in kenyas politics since 2007 and are similar in their reptilian nature as the supporter of APC in Sudan or Interahamwe of pre 1994 Rwanda.

Let's have balance please in any discourse about Kenya bana, plenty of us have eyes too.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2017
Pavore9:
Hmm.
I would be very interested in knowing what you think of current developments in your adopted home.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2017
jayon:

my friend, IEBC has been shown to be a complete sham infiltrated by ruling party apparatchiks posing as commissioners. Raila is not alone in calling for reform, it's not about him What we want in Kenya is a set of rules that are fair, credible, verifiable. You clearly have no political bone in your body because we real life kenyans know that our country has held fraudulent elections every year since probably 1998. We are saying that this time, it comes to a complete and screeching halt.. We are looking for the best standard of democracy, not electoral authoritarianism wearing the garb of elections. Most kenyans know elections do not equate democracy, but is merely one part of it. If we kenyans are saying to the rest of Africa and indeed the world that Africans can actually aspire to do things right and fairly, thereby trashing popular (western ) opinions about how africans do things, and this is what bothers your obviously afro pessimist mindset, then I don't know what democracy is!
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Thanks for coming out of the closet and declaring yourself a kamwana supporter. You at some point said that you don't care about politics, coz it doesn't help you apparently, or words to that effect. End of greeting.
Let's just be honest and call a spade a spade :
1. NO elections took place on 8/8/17.
2. Now as in the past, violence on Kenyans during elections has been administered by the POLICE.
3. The elections body is rotten to the core. This lady Dr Rose Akombe did not want to be part of ANOTHER sham election that is imminent.
4. Talks? which talks? Kenyans want a fair and free process. Uhuru has ensured that we can't.
5. Raila has alot of support around the country. Always has. This always riles folks from your neck of the woods who have Neanderthal views on him and his community.
6. If you have a backbone condemn the "police" killings of pro opposition demonstrators, the ethnic profiling and subsequent killing of non demonstrators by the same "police" of 9yr girl playing on her balcony, a 6month old infant, a high school kid selling ice cream during holidays. By the "police ". For nairalanders who might not understand my quote unquoting the word police, it's common knowledge on kenyan streets right now that the police figures in the last photo given by the op are in fact members of an ethnic militia from the presidos tribe and go by the name Mungiki. They have always been omnipresent in kenyas politics since 2007 and are similar in their reptilian nature as the supporter of APC in Sudan or Interahamwe of pre 1994 Rwanda.

Let's have balance please in any discourse about Kenya bana, plenty of us have eyes too.

Ndugu,

That I dont care about politics doesnt mean I dont have an opinion! I live here and see all that is going on. Hopefully my opinion doesnt hurt you lest this debate degenerates into what they all do in Kenyan politics. Responses to your pointers.

1. There was an election on 8/8 that saw MCAs, Women Reps, MPs, Senators and Governors elected. The presidency was contested and the court declared it null and void. That does not mean there was no election. This is how NASArites are misled and cheer! If you look at how UK affiliated parties swept the aforementioned posts, its not rocket science that he did the same for presidency. That does not mean it follows as is, but it most likely is. The problem with nasa fans is that they'd rather bury their heads and believe therefore that their leader won! Then when he gets a drumming they run to the streets!

2. No denying. I dont defend mediocrity! The police are incompetent, and so are the ever so violent Nasa demonstrators. May I also add here that the violent tendency has all to do with Raila's ideology. You may seek clarifications here if necessary!

3. Definitely! Infiltrated from both sides. I know here is where you try to paint yourselves as saints. Akombe clearly stated that board meetings see officials coming with predetermined partisan stances. That is both sides!

4. How exactly? The IEBC is independent. I thought that was straightforward. Dont ask which talks Raila has already said hes wants dialogue! There are laid down procedures to change IEBC. But it has become the case that every commission must go via street protests, you just wonder where saints will come from to run it if we cannot make what we have work. A new one might be in place as demanded by Raila (just as the current one came via his demands) but the moment he loses, this new one MUST GO TOO. Bro, it has to end somewhere and this to an extent I agree with Jubilee fans. However, this time round maybe Raila should get ALL CHANGES HE WANTS to avoid an imminent anarchy. It will also be good for the country

5. Who said he has no support? He does ! What he doesnt is a majority. And this one also riles your self-denial ilk.

6. I condemn the police each time they do that. I equally condemn the protesters because some of their actions are incredibly backward/ stone age. See the image in first page where they are using such catapults on police. And they expect the police to massage them. A few days ago they attacked a police station and you know what followed. Nonetheless, police brutality I CONDEMN.
The other claims you make I have no Idea. The police in this country have never been reformed and should be reformed!

P.S I was intentionally avoiding politics in that other thread for obvious reasons. Maybe politics should come here.

Just so you know, my political heart lies in Governor Alfred Mutua! If and when he runs. But I HAVE OPINIONS on current contesters !
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ndugu,

That I dont care about politics doesnt mean I dont have an opinion! I live here and see all that is going on. Hopefully my opinion doesnt hurt you lest this debate degenerates into what they all do in Kenyan politics. Responses to your pointers.

1. There was an election on 8/8 that saw MCAs, Women Reps, MPs, Senators and Governors elected. The presidency was contested and the court declared it null and void. That does not mean there was no election. This is how NASArites are misled and cheer! If you look at how UK affiliated parties swept the aforementioned posts, its not rocket science that he did the same for presidency. That does not mean it follows as is, but it most likely is. The problem with nasa fans is that they'd rather bury their heads and believe therefore that their leader won! Then when he gets a drumming they run to the streets!

2. No denying. I dont defend mediocrity! The police are incompetent, and so are the ever so violent Nasa demonstrators. May I also add here that the violent tendency has all to do with Raila's ideology. You may seek clarifications here if necessary!

3. Definitely! Infiltrated from both sides. I know here is where you try to paint yourselves as saints. Akombe clearly stated that board meetings see officials coming with predetermined partisan stances. That is both sides!

4. How exactly? The IEBC is independent. I thought that was straightforward. Dont ask which talks Raila has already said hes wants dialogue! There are laid down procedures to change IEBC. But it has become the case that every commission must go via street protests, you just wonder where saints will come from to run it if we cannot make what we have work. A new one might be in place as demanded by Raila (just as the current one came via his demands) but the moment he loses, this new one MUST GO TOO. Bro, it has to end somewhere and this to an extent I agree with Jubilee fans. However, this time round maybe Raila should get ALL CHANGES HE WANTS to avoid an imminent anarchy. It will also be good for the country

5. Who said he has no support? He does ! What he doesnt is a majority. And this one also riles your self-denial ilk.

6. I condemn the police each time they do that. I equally condemn the protesters because some of their actions are incredibly backward/ stone age. See the image in first page where they are using such catapults on police. And they expect the police to massage them. A few days ago they attacked a police station and you know what followed. Nonetheless, police brutality I CONDEMN.
The other claims you make I have no Idea. The police in this country have never been reformed and should be reformed!

P.S I was intentionally avoiding politics in that other thread for obvious reasons. Maybe politics should come here.

Just so you know, my political heart lies in Governor Alfred Mutua! If and when he runs. But I HAVE OPINIONS on current contesters !
A not so honest analysis IMO. Will respond 2morrow, its football time now, and my AC Milan tendencies have to take precedence till then.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2017
MtuMsuper:

my friend, IEBC has been shown to be a complete sham infiltrated by ruling party apparatchiks posing as commissioners. Raila is not alone in calling for reform, it's not about him What we want in Kenya is a set of rules that are fair, credible, verifiable. You clearly have no political bone in your body because we real life kenyans know that our country has held fraudulent elections every year since probably 1998. We are saying that this time, it comes to a complete and screeching halt.. We are looking for the best standard of democracy, not electoral authoritarianism wearing the garb of elections. Most kenyans know elections do not equate democracy, but is merely one part of it. If we kenyans are saying to the rest of Africa and indeed the world that Africans can actually aspire to do things right and fairly, thereby trashing popular (western ) opinions about how africans do things, and this is what bothers your obviously afro pessimist mindset, then I don't know what democracy is!

You are so wrong with the word you used "You clearly have no political bone in your body" , i have been in politics before you were born and i am also a member of the nelson mandela fellow. I would not join issues with you, am Nigerian and i do not know very much about kenyan politics but the little i know i would not be biased about it. Its clear you are pro-raila odinga and every word i write here would bounce off your mind, so i would not write further with you. Am not Pro-Uhuru or Pro-Raila , i am un-biased about the whole issue in kenya since am not kenyan, am giving you my views based on my political side.

Here is FORMER US SECRETARY OF STATES JOHN KERRY'S TAKE ON THE CREDIBILITY OF KENYA 2017 ELECTION

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/10/africa/kenya-elections/index.html

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2017
jayon:

You are so wrong with the word you used "You clearly have no political bone in your body" , i have been in politics before you were born and i am also a member of the nelson mandela fellow. I would not join issues with you, am Nigerian and i do not know very much about kenyan politics but the little i know i would not be biased about it. Its clear you are pro-raila odinga and every word i write here would bounce off your mind, so i would not write further with you. Am not Pro-Uhuru or Pro-Raila , i am un-biased about the whole issue in kenya since am not kenyan, am giving you my views based on my political side.

Here is FORMER US SECRETARY OF STATES JOHN KERRY'S TAKE ON THE CREDIBILITY OF KENYA 2017 ELECTION

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/10/africa/kenya-elections/index.html

I am not a fellow of this or that institute, but your analysis is just poor and you're just plain delusional by stating that the IEBC is actually a credible institution. Please please please, don't EVER quote what John Kerry says. He came to Kenya, endorsed a sham election, then when the Kenyan Supreme Court put an end to the charade, he also changed tack and lamely issued a vaguely worded statement about how democracy was the winner. The NY Times also issued a statement recanting their earlier criticism of the main opposition challenger , and now have egg all over their collective faces. John Kerry and the international elections observer Industry suffered a major blow in Kenya. The West is not the moral compass for elections, this has been slammed and pummeled by Kenya elections of 2017, if ever there was a better time to do so.
PS: Unbiased opinion is a misnomer, we all have biases.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2017
MtuMsuper:

A not so honest analysis IMO. Will respond 2morrow, its football time now, and my AC Milan tendencies have to take precedence till then.

Ndugu, I took notice of Milan's utter failure to put one past AEK Athens.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ndugu,

1.I was referring to the presidential elections when i meant there being no elections. That being said, it doesn't stretch the imagination to see that the other positions were all probability doctored as well! In fact the petitions are all over the place! The "majority " is artificial!
2. IEBC is NOT independent! Never! Dr Akombe spelt it out CLEARLY in both her resignation letter and in subsequent BBC and NPR radio interviews. The IEBC should just strike the I off its initials, coz its a joke of a commission. BTW as i write this, the rigger in chief aka Chiloba Ezra has gone on "leave " just days to a sham exercise! Doesn't that mean something to you?
3. The demonstrators IMO have been infiltrated by criminal elements as they normally are whenever there is a large gathering. There is a report that in fact there are are several police amongst the crowds whose brief it is to loot in order to justify the "violent " narrative. A 17 yr boy on school recess was shot in the neck at point blank range by "police", who then proceeded to slit his throat and extract the spent bullet. Several friends and relatives tell me how "police " in kisumu are randomly breaking into people's houses, roughing up people, sexually and verbally abusing men and women. They of course don't arrest or bludgeon tyre burning protesters on the jubilee stronghold counties. It figuures. The "violent " narrative is blaze.
3. At the time of writing this, Jubilee is trying to compel Raila to run in the election. He has withdrawn from the race. Why do you think that is? Is it to protect an investment with the shady Dubai printing firm Al Ghurair which has been at the center of so many sham elections in Haiti, Zambia, Zimbabwe. In fact, they work so closely with electoral dictatorships and the UNDP/ State department evil axis anywhere in the third world where they want to perpetuate clint regimes of the West, of which, let's admit it, Kenya is. Must raila run when he, the IEBC chair and 1 commissioner have said cannot possibly be a process.
4. The situation will in all likelihood lead to an impasse in the coming few days. Everything happening in Kenya now should be counted on the hour. Someone on twitter best summed the political situation pertaining in Kenya right now in this way:
People vote , you doctor the results.
You go to court, they attack the judges.
They ask for IEBC reforms, you change the law.
They withdraw from the race, you insist they must be on the ballot.
They go to the street, you send the police.
5. I still insist as i always have : the state has always used violent tribal militias to suppress its enemies, for that is how the state sees sections of its own populace. It happens(ed) in 1992 ,2007,2017. Mungiki works to maintain the ruling party, tribal hegemony and are given police uniforms and weapons to carry out violence on perceived "enemy " peoples. Yesterday, the standard newspaper reported that a person no other than the minister of the interior purported a member of another tribal militia called Chinkororo which draws its members from abagusii community. How about that? A cabinet secretary of the interior is a member of a tribal gang? I repeat again, the state has ALWAYS been the main perpetrator.of violence and violent politics in Kenya, not the other way. On this same point, the chairman of the ruling party, a Mr Murathe has openly called for dictatorship in Kenya. People with half an intellect can join the dots and see for themselves that in fact, we have almost returned to elected dictatorship in Kenya with a familiar twist of tribal apartheid .
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ndugu, I took notice of Milan's utter failure to put one past AEK Athens.
I love Milan, but they are living on past glory it seems.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
MtuMsuper:

1.I was referring to the presidential elections when i meant there being no elections. That being said, it doesn't stretch the imagination to see that the other positions were all probability doctored as well! In fact the petitions are all over the place! The "majority " is artificial!
2. IEBC is NOT independent! Never! Dr Akombe spelt it out CLEARLY in both her resignation letter and in subsequent BBC and NPR radio interviews. The IEBC should just strike the I off its initials, coz its a joke of a commission. BTW as i write this, the rigger in chief aka Chiloba Ezra has gone on "leave " just days to a sham exercise! Doesn't that mean something to you?
3. The demonstrators IMO have been infiltrated by criminal elements as they normally are whenever there is a large gathering. There is a report that in fact there are are several police amongst the crowds whose brief it is to loot in order to justify the "violent " narrative. A 17 yr boy on school recess was shot in the neck at point blank range by "police", who then proceeded to slit his throat and extract the spent bullet. Several friends and relatives tell me how "police " in kisumu are randomly breaking into people's houses, roughing up people, sexually and verbally abusing men and women. They of course don't arrest or bludgeon tyre burning protesters on the jubilee stronghold counties. It figuures. The "violent " narrative is blaze.
3. At the time of writing this, Jubilee is trying to compel Raila to run in the election. He has withdrawn from the race. Why do you think that is? Is it to protect an investment with the shady Dubai printing firm Al Ghurair which has been at the center of so many sham elections in Haiti, Zambia, Zimbabwe. In fact, they work so closely with electoral dictatorships and the UNDP/ State department evil axis anywhere in the third world where they want to perpetuate clint regimes of the West, of which, let's admit it, Kenya is. Must raila run when he, the IEBC chair and 1 commissioner have said cannot possibly be a process.
4. The situation will in all likelihood lead to an impasse in the coming few days. Everything happening in Kenya now should be counted on the hour. Someone on twitter best summed the political situation pertaining in Kenya right now in this way:
People vote , you doctor the results.
You go to court, they attack the judges.
They ask for IEBC reforms, you change the law.
They withdraw from the race, you insist they must be on the ballot.
They go to the street, you send the police.
5. I still insist as i always have : the state has always used violent tribal militias to suppress its enemies, for that is how the state sees sections of its own populace. It happens(ed) in 1992 ,2007,2017. Mungiki works to maintain the ruling party, tribal hegemony and are given police uniforms and weapons to carry out violence on perceived "enemy " peoples. Yesterday, the standard newspaper reported that a person no other than the minister of the interior purported a member of another tribal militia called Chinkororo which draws its members from abagusii community. How about that? A cabinet secretary of the interior is a member of a tribal gang? I repeat again, the state has ALWAYS been the main perpetrator.of violence and violent politics in Kenya, not the other way. On this same point, the chairman of the ruling party, a Mr Murathe has openly called for dictatorship in Kenya. People with half an intellect can join the dots and see for themselves that in fact, we have almost returned to elected dictatorship in Kenya with a familiar twist of tribal apartheid .

~ I really dont fancy trying to fight delusions. They are so ingrained its pointless trying to correct them. In fact they get more ingrained if you try to give the facts, very peculiar. You can definitely continue believing that all results were doctored. Lets see whether majority of the petitions will succeed.

~ You'll excuse me for this but I'm hearing it from you. Now that he has gone on leave, what the heck did you guys want? You were protesting every other day even carrying coffins bearing his name (as insensitive as that is) demanding for him to go and now what? Do you want him to stay?

~ That is completely wrong and abominable from the police! Any Kenyan who knows what a rotten police force we have would not go chest thumping in front of them. Some of those so called police have personal issues.

~There is a BIG difference between the way Jubilee fans demo and the way you guys do. Yours is usually pure chaos its nothing short of miraculous that more innocent lives dont get lost than happens. The stones, clubs, people rolling on highways,,, name them! While on this one, have you asked yourself why Kamba people who are ardently pro Raila are not demonstrating? And even if they did they would be far much more peaceful. Same case with Mombasa. I dont want to sound tribal but there must be a reason.

~ Who is compelling Raila? He was already told that his decision not to run has been respected and in the same vein he must respect the decision of those who want to vote! Dont lie. The problem with Raila is that he has withdrawn but again according to his egoistic self THERE MUST BE NO ELECTIONS because he is not in the ballot and he is Raila Odinga. How can you have elections without Raila Odinga? Are you mad? I'm not sure you guys have an idea how badly he will end his illustrious career if he continues behaving like an office boss with a bad attitude.

~ You actually believe that about Matiang'i? What else do you believe?

~ On that point number 4, people on the other hand look and see this

People vote, his mind is fixated on WINNING
He gets beaten, rejects results!
He goes to court, judges order re election.
He knows he'll still get beaten and needs more time

so

Demand unattainable changes given the deadline.
Threaten everyone with chaos if they are not met
Courts determine that other candidates were equally aggrieved and should contest
He realizes elections can go on without him

Soooo wait for it:

MASS ACTION ON VOTING DAY !
Yes, no elections if am not there you foolish Kenyans
Dont you know who I am?
My name is Raila Amolo Agwambo Odinga and FVCK all of YOU.
I've said there will be no elections!

Never mind that all other candidates have agreed that the (I)EBC (as you want) has done its best and are comfortable with going to elections.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 21, 2017
MtuMsuper:

I am not a fellow of this or that institute, but your analysis is just poor and you're just plain delusional by stating that the IEBC is actually a credible institution. Please please please, don't EVER quote what John Kerry says. He came to Kenya, endorsed a sham election, then when the Kenyan Supreme Court put an end to the charade, he also changed tack and lamely issued a vaguely worded statement about how democracy was the winner. The NY Times also issued a statement recanting their earlier criticism of the main opposition challenger , and now have egg all over their collective faces. John Kerry and the international elections observer Industry suffered a major blow in Kenya. The West is not the moral compass for elections, this has been slammed and pummeled by Kenya elections of 2017, if ever there was a better time to do so.
PS: Unbiased opinion is a misnomer, we all have biases.

I shall not join issues with you, i believe you have been hypnotized by your lust. Enjoy your evening
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

~ I really dont fancy trying to fight delusions. They are so ingrained its pointless trying to correct them. In fact they get more ingrained if you try to give the facts, very peculiar. You can definitely continue believing that all results were doctored. Lets see whether majority of the petitions will succeed.

~ You'll excuse me for this but I'm hearing it from you. Now that he has gone on leave, what the heck did you guys want? You were protesting every other day even carrying coffins bearing his name (as insensitive as that is) demanding for him to go and now what? Do you want him to stay?

~ That is completely wrong and abominable from the police! Any Kenyan who knows what a rotten police force we have would not go chest thumping in front of them. Some of those so called police have personal issues.

~There is a BIG difference between the way Jubilee fans demo and the way you guys do. Yours is usually pure chaos its nothing short of miraculous that more innocent lives dont get lost than happens. The stones, clubs, people rolling on highways,,, name them! While on this one, have you asked yourself why Kamba people who are ardently pro Raila are not demonstrating? And even if they did they would be far much more peaceful. Same case with Mombasa. I dont want to sound tribal but there must be a reason.

~ Who is compelling Raila? He was already told that his decision not to run has been respected and in the same vein he must respect the decision of those who want to vote! Dont lie. The problem with Raila is that he has withdrawn but again according to his egoistic self THERE MUST BE NO ELECTIONS because he is not in the ballot and he is Raila Odinga. How can you have elections without Raila Odinga? Are you mad? I'm not sure you guys have an idea how badly he will end his illustrious career if he continues behaving like an office boss with a bad attitude.

~ You actually believe that about Matiang'i? What else do you believe?

~ On that point number 4, people on the other hand look and see this

People vote, his mind is fixated on WINNING
He gets beaten, rejects results!
He goes to court, judges order re election.
He knows he'll still get beaten and needs more time

so

Demand unattainable changes given the deadline.
Threaten everyone with chaos if they are not met
Courts determine that other candidates were equally aggrieved and should contest
He realizes elections can go on without him

Soooo wait for it:

MASS ACTION ON VOTING DAY !
Yes, no elections if am not there you foolish Kenyans
Dont you know who I am?
My name is Raila Amolo Agwambo Odinga and FVCK all of YOU.
I've said there will be no elections!

Never mind that all other candidates have agreed that the (I)EBC (as you want) has done its best and are comfortable with going to elections.
There is Kenya A and Kenya B. If you belong to either, you see the other as unworthy and subhuman. The present day Kenya has regressed socially to the point where we cannot possibly accept each other. I live on earth, not on Mars or Venus, and my observation living here is that we have created, or rather the ruling party, has created an unequal and skewed system both in the political economy and social economy. That they can openly advocate for a system where the leadership of the nation is restricted and/or closed to defined groups is testament enough that we are in a Babylon. How sustainable is that?
Just for clarity, you can't possibly agree to play a football match with a Rugby referee. That is why Raila will not participate.
Tschuss.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2017
jayon:

I shall not join issues with you, i believe you have been hypnotized by your lust. Enjoy your evening
Like I said, bias is a misnomer.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
MtuMsuper:

There is Kenya A and Kenya B. If you belong to either, you see the other as unworthy and subhuman. The present day Kenya has regressed socially to the point where we cannot possibly accept each other. I live on earth, not on Mars or Venus, and my observation living here is that we have created, or rather the ruling party, has created an unequal and skewed system both in the political economy and social economy. That they can openly advocate for a system where the leadership of the nation is restricted and/or closed to defined groups is testament enough that we are in a Babylon. How sustainable is that?
Just for clarity, you can't possibly agree to play a football match with a Rugby referee. That is why Raila will not participate.
Tschuss.

You are right and for this moment the A and B represent the Kenyatta and Odinga dynasties whose rivalry dates back to independence. We are only lucky that these two have Kenya at heart. And thats part of the reason am not so apprehensive about next week. None of these two idiots would want Kenya to burn. However, there is definitely gonna be skirmishes in the latter's strongholds on 26th. I only feel for kalonzo who is being forced into things he doesnt believe in for fear of being labelled a traitor. The reality is that ballots will be availed, security provided and Nasarites will attempt to sabotage. The consequences are better left unimagined.

Dont you see where the problem is in your last statement? Raila determines that the ref is bad, all other 7 or so candidates have no problem with the ref. Raila says he wont play this game because the ref is bad. And since he wont play this obviously biased game NO ONE ELSE WILL ! WTF? Its either Raila's way or no way at all. I wish you could put yourself in the shoes of any of the other contesting candidates and realize how disrespectful that is. He should just have said he will not contest in a sham election and thats it. He can easily go to court and have the sham election nullified. But he prefers chaos. That aside, its possible Raila will tell his voters to come out on the last day and vote and in that way catch his opponents flat footed.
Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by MtuMsuper: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You are right and for this moment the A and B represent the Kenyatta and Odinga dynasties whose rivalry dates back to independence. We are only lucky that these two have Kenya at heart. And thats part of the reason am not so apprehensive about next week. None of these two idiots would want Kenya to burn. However, there is definitely gonna be skirmishes in the latter's strongholds on 26th. I only feel for kalonzo who is being forced into things he doesnt believe in for fear of being labelled a traitor. The reality is that ballots will be availed, security provided and Nasarites will attempt to sabotage. The consequences are better left unimagined.

Dont you see where the problem is in your last statement? Raila determines that the ref is bad, all other 7 or so candidates have no problem with the ref. Raila says he wont play this game because the ref is bad. And since he wont play this obviously biased game NO ONE ELSE WILL ! WTF? Its either Raila's way or no way at all. I wish you could put yourself in the shoes of any of the other contesting candidates and realize how disrespectful that is. He should just have said he will not contest in a sham election and thats it. He can easily go to court and have the sham election nullified. But he prefers chaos. That aside, its possible Raila will tell his voters to come out on the last day and vote and in that way catch his opponents flat footed.
For the sake of repetition let me repeat : now as in the past, it is the govt that kills its citizens. A 6 month old infant in her father's home. Or the 9yr old on a balcony in Mathare. Or a 75 yr old granny shot on the arm by "police " while leaving a hospital. These are the people of Kenya B. Or the 3rd year architecture student in class just doing his thing but bludgeoned to death. Kenya B.

The people of Kenya A applaud the killing of "those people ". We have decided to "other " each other.

Just for clarity's sake : Commissioner Akombe stated very clearly that the conditions for a free and fair repeat poll do NOT exist. So did the electoral commission chairman Wafula Chebz.

Is Kalonzo a grown man? Is Joho? Are the others on Railas side too? Are you mischievously trying to suggest that they have no cognition on which side to back and so make it appear coerced? Rafiki Kenya iko pande 2, tukubaliane tu. Us vs them, ama namna gani?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
MtuMsuper:

For the sake of repetition let me repeat : now as in the past, it is the govt that kills its citizens. A 6 month old infant in her father's home. Or the 9yr old on a balcony in Mathare. Or a 75 yr old granny shot on the arm by "police " while leaving a hospital. These are the people of Kenya B. Or the 3rd year architecture student in class just doing his thing but bludgeoned to death. Kenya B.

The people of Kenya A applaud the killing of "those people ". We have decided to "other " each other.

Just for clarity's sake : Commissioner Akombe stated very clearly that the conditions for a free and fair repeat poll do NOT exist. So did the electoral commission chairman Wafula Chebz.

Is Kalonzo a grown man? Is Joho? Are the others on Railas side too? Are you mischievously trying to suggest that they have no cognition on which side to back and so make it appear coerced? Rafiki Kenya iko pande 2, tukubaliane tu. Us vs them, ama namna gani?

Bila shaka ndugu. I agree with Akombe. Kalonzo is a grown man. Leave the others I mentioned him specifically for a reason. Na ni kweli, Kenya iko pande mbili. Iko namna hio! Watu wakitaka kujitenga wajitenge hakuna mbembelezano

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / President Bukele Of El Salvador Has Deployed 4000 Soldiers To Three Communities / Putin May Cite Ukraine War To Meddle In US Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.