Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) (37156 Views)

One Dies, 20 Persons Escape From Multiple Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Five Killed As Cement-laden Truck Rams Into Vehicle In Cross River (Graphic) / Kurudu-Nasarawa Bridge Along Abaji-Nasarawa Highway Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by mabea: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
mrNVO:

OP it wasn't a passenger bus but delivery van carrying biscuits and sweets..........jst saying
Actually he was not involved in the accident just a good samaritan. Yes u are right about the van
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by princy80(m): 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:
Only in Nigeria
Useless government
Useless masses without balls
Useless politicians
Religion bigots

What a country

R. I. P to the dead
It happened in China recently oga
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
This is not a government fault, cuz same even has happened in China and USA before. But buhari must be blame, because of the bad shape of the nation , citizen can't afford plane and they opted for the cheapest(buses)

I guess it's China's fault.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by sinola(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
castrol180:
It has been reported since yesterday, and they are already working on it. Another alternative route has been created beside the road since yesterday...

i saw it on the news last night and yet this happened
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Rolly22(m): 11:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
This is not a government fault, cuz same even has happened in China and USA before. But buhari must be blame, because of the bad shape of the nation , citizen can't afford plane and they opted for the cheapest(buses)

This one is Just a drug addict
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Rolly22(m): 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
castrol180:
It has been reported since yesterday, and they are already working on it. Another alternative route has been created beside the road since yesterday...

They only do something when something tragic might have happened
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by obailala(m): 12:15am On Oct 19, 2017
oka4ugoo:

My brother is not that I entirely share or buy Kalu's methodology on the whole issue, however Nigerians should have leverage on that and make a change in the politics of this country. That's why I consider Tuface back out from the would've been political movement of all time in Nigeria as the greatest betrayal of all time.

Believe me if i have my way I will take many politicians down in this country.
The revolution which should have been started by Kanu was ruined from the onset when it was made a tribal thing; not only was it was restricted to a single tribe and made to look like it concerned only a single tribe, the foundation of it all was built on spewing insults and spreading hate against other big tribes.

With the way Nigeria is built, there's no major political feat that a single tribe can achieve on its own, not even the north with its large population can win an election without support from other regions. Similarly, there's no revolution that can take place in Nigeria if it's conducted by just one tribe without support from other tribes. Nigeria's problem has always been an issue of the elite vs the masses, it's never really been an issue of one tribe vs the other, and to a large extent, the things suffered by the common man in the SE is also suffered by the common man in the SW, SS and all over the north. There's no way the revolution against the rogue elite rulers can be done without it cutting across tribes.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by victor8269: 1:36am On Oct 19, 2017
Channels TV warned about this road for weeks. I can remember Maope saying that until a tragedy is reported, she doesn't expect any work there. The government just prove her right

1 Like

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by justclinton(m): 6:15am On Oct 19, 2017
beamtopola:

has ur brain divorced ur head? Plane Calabar - Ikom?
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2017
The relevant government agencies (Road safety, Federal road maintenancy agency, etc) should be held responsible for this lose of life.
The sane and usual thing to do when a section of road give way or there is a blockage on the road that could lead to accident or incident is to barricade the road and put a diversion sign. simply putting road sign is not enough.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Themandator: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2017
beamtopola:

This is not same as what happened in those places ...this had been there for some time and that short man that givers the state didn't seem itmfitmtomdo something about it until it got to this state .... Go to Scanobo are same thing ... But he uses the road virtually every day since he seems to enjoy Siren blaring
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by stellytwinkle(f): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
IamShiningStar:
outstanding piece
thank u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / Floods Carry Vehicles In Niger State After Heavy Rain..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.