Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Alleged Robbery: Police Arrest Two Felabration Participants - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alleged Robbery: Police Arrest Two Felabration Participants (337 Views)

Police Arrest Ex-minister’s Son Over Alleged Robbery At Bureau De Change / Alleged Robbery: Police Arrests Burna Boy, To Be Charged To Court Monday / No December Break | MMM Admins Tells Nigeria Participants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Robbery: Police Arrest Two Felabration Participants by bouncenews2: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
The recently held Felabration at the New African Shrine in Alausa, Ikeja was a successful event but there was a dark side to it.

The duo of Moshood Olowu and Olasunkanmi Ogundipe along with their accomplices, who are now at large, robbed commuters in different parts of Lagos minutes after leaving the event on Sunday.

Olowu and Ogundipe carried out their operations in Ketu and Ojota areas of the state while another suspect, Rasak Adebola (22), was arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) for bag snatching.

It was gathered that 24-year-old Olowu and 26-year-old Ogundipe and their two other accomplices, now at large, left New African Shrine and were heading to Ikorodu through Ojota when they committed the crime.

Olowu said, "We were at Ojota around 5am after leaving Felabration venue to board a bus to Ikorodu. I dipped my hand into another passenger’s pocket when we were rushing the bus.

"I removed his phone and passed it to my colleagues, Ayobami and Jide. The owner held my hand and prevented me from joining the bus.

"Yobami and Jide, who I gave the stolen phone to, went away while RRS policemen who were passing by arrested me."

Olajide on his part said he was in company of nine other accomplices from New African Shrine when they accosted one Pastor Adetayo Samuel, who was waiting to board a bus to Ibadan at Old Toll Gate, Ketu and collected three mobile phones from him and N6,000.

He said, "We fled the scene immediately and we broke into three groups. We were trailed by RRS patrol team who received complaint from our victim. They arrested me while I was trying to board a bus to Ibafo."

Meanwhile, the other suspect, Adebola was arrested in Ikate by RRS patrol team after snatching a hang bag belonging to one Helen Susan in traffic in Ikate.

He said, "I was going to Ajah to retire for the night. Just before I got to Chisco around Maroko at about 11pm, I snatched a lady’s bag.

"I attempted to escape but the RRS men were in my front, I waited and handed over the bag. I don’t know what came over me. I had only N200 on me.

"I have been waiting for traffic to build up. I have never been imprisoned before. I plead for leniency. I won’t repeat it again.

"I was a motorcycle rider in Shomolu. I came to Ajah to learn carpentry and get serious."

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/alleged-robbery-police-arrest-two-felabration-participants-20171018

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Alleged Robbery: Police Arrest Two Felabration Participants by mekstaniac(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
���

(1) (Reply)

One On One Training / Kanekalon Celebrates Nigerian Stylists In Grand Style / Ultra Sound Is Coming To Nigeria, Here Is Why We Should Be Thrilled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.