Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? (1278 Views)

Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10? / The Book Of Revelation Chapter 19:11, 14 / What Do The 7 Churches In Revelation Represent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
I have been told by some of my friends in Catholic Church that the woman referred to in Revelation 12 is actually Mary the mother of Jesus. I did some research and all i see is dat the woman is a symbolic representation of Israel...... I need clarification and which is actually true?
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ichuka(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
ojobolinda:
I have been told by some of my friends in Catholic Church that the woman referred to in Revelation 12 is actually Mary the mother of Jesus. I did some research and all i see is dat the woman is a symbolic representation of Israel...... I need clarification and which is actually true?
The woman is the body of Christ(the church) at her trying period.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ifenes(m): 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
The Moon. Some say the Moon Godess, Isis or Mary etc. They all represents the Moon in Astrology.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by twosquare(m): 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
ojobolinda:
Just as ichuka said, that is the body of Christ that shall soon appear when we have entered such a season.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
ichuka:

The woman is the body of Christ(the church) at her trying period.
Ok...... Hw abt d baby?
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
twosquare:
Just as ichula said, that is the body of Christ that shall soon appear when we have entered such a season.
Hw abt d baby she gave birth to?
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
ifenes:
The Moon. Some say the Moon Godess, Isis or Mary etc. They all represents the Moon in Astrology.
I don't understand wat u mean......
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ifenes(m): 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
ojobolinda:
I don't understand wat u mean......

Mary used to be Isis in the ancient world. They both represent the moon. That's why each time a picture of Mary is portrayed, the moon is over her head, same as Isis

Mary the queen of heaven gave birth to the Sun. If you study it you will see that the moon paves the way for the Sun. The moon paves the way for the sun or give birth to the Sun- The Sun God. Jesus replaced Horus the Sun God..... The ancient were only trying to explain Astrolgy in simple term by personifying them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
All I know is that, it's not metaphorical.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by daveP(m): 12:17am On Oct 19, 2017
The jewish nation it is. its like a video playback of israel providing the messiah and the persecution for such. the child rep the church which was caught up via rapture while israel goes thru tribulation with some comfort.

mary ko, mary ni.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by atoleybaba(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2017
the woman is the spiritual nation of God and d son iis jesus christ who is taken away to his throne
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by twosquare(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2017
ojobolinda:
Hw abt d baby she gave birth to?
If I begin to write about it, that's enough to produce a book. The Man-child is a company of believers who by the reason of their walk with God overcame the dragon. They are like the first fruits earth will produce in the end times to achieve such a feat.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by adadioranmah(f): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2017
THE book of Revelation contains expressions that are not to be understood literally. (Revelation 1:1) For example, it mentions a woman with the name “Babylon the Great” written on her forehead. This woman is said to be sitting on “crowds and nations.” (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15) Since no literal woman could do this, Babylon the Great must be symbolic. So, what does this symbolic prostitute represent?

At Revelation 17:18, the same figurative woman is described as “the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” The term “city” indicates an organized group of people. Since this “great city” has control over “the kings of the earth,” the woman named Babylon the Great must be an influential organization that is international in scope. It can rightly be called a world empire. What kind of empire? A religious one. Notice how some related passages in the book of Revelation lead us to this conclusion.

An empire can be political, commercial, or religious. The woman named Babylon the Great is not a political empire because God’s Word states that “the kings of the earth,” or the political elements of this world, “committed sexual immorality” with her. She has practiced such immorality by forming alliances with the rulers of this earth and has done whatever is necessary in order to gain power and influence over them. That is why she is called “the great prostitute.”​—Revelation 17:1, 2; James 4:4.

Babylon the Great cannot be a commercial empire because “the merchants of the earth,” representing the commercial elements, will be mourning her at the time of her destruction. In fact, both kings and merchants are described as looking at Babylon the Great from “a distance.” (Revelation 18:3, 9, 10, 15-17) Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that Babylon the Great is, not a political or a commercial empire, but a religious one.

The religious identity of Babylon the Great is further confirmed by the statement that she misleads all the nations by means of her “spiritistic practices.” (Revelation 18:23) Since all forms of spiritism are religious and demon-inspired, it is not surprising that the Bible calls Babylon the Great “a dwelling place of demons.” (Revelation 18:2; Deuteronomy 18:10-12) This empire is also described as being actively opposed to true religion, persecuting “prophets” and “holy ones.” (Revelation 18:24) In fact, Babylon the Great has such deep hatred for true religion that she violently persecutes and even murders “the witnesses of Jesus.” (Revelation 17:6) Hence, this woman named Babylon the Great clearly represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/babylon-the-great-revelation/#?insight[search_id]=e18d6e98-588e-4668-a20b-814948c32563&insight[search_result_index]=0
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by johnydon22(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2017
atoleybaba:
the woman is the spiritual nation of God and d son iis jesus christ who is taken away to his throne

The son is Jesus Christ but the Mother is not Mary?

and you don't see something terribly wrong with this interpretation?
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2017
daveP:
The jewish nation it is. its like a video playback of israel providing the messiah and the persecution for such. the child rep the church which was caught up via rapture while israel goes thru tribulation with some comfort.

mary ko, mary ni.

for all we know it is down to subjective interpretation as can an part in the bible. You are no more correct or wrong than the catholics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by OtemAtum: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
Mother Earthus was giving birth to her baby. Yahweh and Allah and some bad gods were after her and her unborn baby because the baby was the child of Atum. Atum rescued her and the child was safely delivered.
Doctufos: Adspiramen 22: 3-51

3. And Earthus became heavy with the pregnancy of Eartum. This was the first pregnancy she would carry since the time the sons of God were rotating sex on her.

4. And when Eartum heard that she carried her baby, he was extremely glad.

5. And in those days did the people of the land of Murmoh begin to have redness of eyes.

6. And they feared that it was brought on them by Mother Earthus and Eartum's visit to the moon.

7. And when Yahweh heard it, he took it upon himself to lead many homos to the ocean to wage war against Earthus and Eartum for bringing redness of eyes from the light above.

9. And Yahweh said, listen to me O homos on the face of the earth. This redness of eyes has never once been on humanity.

10. But Earthus and Eartum brought it upon your faces. And it shall make you go blind; for no one can put the light of the moon in the face and remain with sight.

11. And for as many thousands of homos who had the redness of eyes, they began to weep.

12. And many of them preferred to die rather than go blind.

13. And they took the advice of Yahweh to find Earthus and hang her rather than letting her remain in the ocean.

14. And two sons of God agreed with Yahweh to cut off Earthus from the earth. And their names were Allah and Ephradite.

15. And the three sons of God led the way to the continents of the oceans.

16. Allah went with some wild birds to pull at Earthus, perhaps she could be flying on the wings of Eartum to escape.

17. And Ephradite followed with a very large serpent, which he had intended to harm Yahweh earlier. He had made the serpent since thousands of years back.

18. And Yahweh also came with the dragon which he had made to spit fire. And this would spit fire on Earthus and kill her as soon as she was spotted.

19. Now the pregnancy of Earthus was already nine month and ripe for delivery.

20. And she thought to conceive on land instead of the ocean because she feared that the baby would drown.

21. And at that time, Eartum had returned to the moon to keep up with his findings there.

22. He had also made some satellites and had placed them in the skies. He did all these for the purpose of watching whatever would befall Earthus his wife while he was away from the earth.

23. And Earthus stepped out of the oceans and walked many miles away from the ocean to deliver her baby.

24. And when Earthus was away from the oceans, Yahweh and the others arrived.

25. And they sent many expert swimmers into the oceans to search them out.

26. And they did not find them for a whole day.

27. At at noon of the next day, they began to hear the voice of a woman crying loud in agony.

28. And they followed the voice to a distant place. Lo and behold, it was Earthus who was travailing.

29. And Yahweh cried, O! she carries the baby of Eartum! Now let us not kill her with her baby. But let us kill her baby only, so that she would suffer the pain of seeing her begotten son die right in her eyes.

30. And Yahweh set the dragon before the woman and commanded it to wait for her to deliver before spitting fire on her offspring.

31. And when Eartum saw from the satellites he placed in space that his unborn child would be killed, he lifted a star and aimed it at the dragon on earth.

32. But the star would not meet its target. But it caused a lot of damage on earth, destroying many houses. And Eartum threw more and more stars from space to the earth.

33. But for the distance of Eartum to his target, which was thousands of miles, he missed the dragon all the time. And the stars fell in the land of Murhaleb(which was just formed).

34. But the distance of the boundary of Murhaleb to where the dragon was was about 100 miles.

35. And as soon as Earthus delivered her baby, which was a boy, the dragon lurched forward to swallow it up.

36. But then a shocking magnetic force trapped the dragon and the baby. And they both disappeared.

37. And everyone on the surface of the earth was amazed. And they looked away from Earthus, rather, they were looking up towards the direction the dragon and the baby had gone.

38. And Yahweh and the other two sons of God were as confused as the rest of the homos present.

39. And Allah released his birds to find the dragon.

40. And suddenly, the dragon fell from the sky unto the earth.

41. For Eartum had thrown it down in anger, thinking it would scatter as soon as it landed on the rocky part of the earth.

42. Luckily, it landed in the waters. Hurriedly, it came out of the water and shook its body.

43. Then it was prepared to give Earthus a chase, since the child had already escaped.

44. But Earthus held tight to herself as she headed towards the wilderness where Eartum had described to her earlier.

45. It was the wilderness of Zab, where Eartum himself first traversed at his arrival to the earth from the city of gold billions of years back.

46. And when the dragon was only a few feet close to swallowing up Earthus, she was lifted up by Eartum who had flown very rapidly to have her.

47. And Eartum flew with Earthus to the wilderness of Zab, where they would remain for many years until the sons of God had been appeased.

48. And all the event were captured in the satellites of Eartum which he had made to appear exactly like the stars in the sky.

49. And Eartum said to Earthus while they were in the wilderness, a stargazer from the distant world to come would see a glimpse of this event and none in their own world would understand it because it would appear like it is happening in the sky rather than on earth.

50. And Earthus laughed and said, I am glad I ran as fast as lightning.

51. And they kissed and slept in the hot sun of the wilderness.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by atoleybaba(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
johnydon22:

The son is Jesus Christ but the Mother is not Mary?

and you don't see something terribly wrong with this interpretation?
farabale and understand ~woman~ has played a strong role when God describes his nation there are many scriptures to quote buh i cant type them now the point is sha that jesus came from isreal this time around we are refering to the spiritual jerusalem(God org of people doing his will)now the son the woman bore is jesus and the kingdom of God that will bring an end to this wicked system of thing
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
OtemAtum:
Mother Earthus was given birth to her baby. Yahweh and Allah and some bad gods were after her and her unborn baby because the baby was the child of Atum. Atum rescued her and the child was safely delivered.

Ha. Lol.

You have forgotten that Yaweh revealed the Revelation.

It is Yaweh's book oh.

Not Otem's.

I know you will have something for me in this thread. Lol.

What is the name of the child according to otem?

Agumba? Or simply Earthiad.

grin
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by OtemAtum: 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Ha. Lol.

You have forgotten that Yaweh revealed the Revelation.

It is Yaweh's book oh.

Not Otem's.

I know you will have something for me in this thread. Lol.

What is the name of the child according to otem?
what you and other ignorant people don't know is that many of the events of the homo erectus reality were made into stories which you now read as literal occurrences in the homo sapiens reality. Dragons, unicorns etc don't exist in this our homo sapiens era, but in some bible stories, you see them mentioned. This is an indication that some of the religious stories are mere stories made from the realities of billions of years back. Now the reason why I am here is to bring the histories of billions of years till the present histories to the awareness of the world. See below for the literal history of that woman and her child which took place billions of years back during the time of the existence of dinosaurs, etc.

doctufos: Adspiramen 22:3-51

3. And Earthus became heavy with the pregnancy of Eartum. This was the first pregnancy she would carry since the time the sons of God were rotating sex on her.

4. And when Eartum heard that she carried her baby, he was extremely glad.

5. And in those days did the people of the land of Murmoh begin to have redness of eyes.

6. And they feared that it was brought on them by Mother Earthus and Eartum's visit to the moon.

7. And when Yahweh heard it, he took it upon himself to lead many homos to the ocean to wage war against Earthus and Eartum for bringing redness of eyes from the light above.

9. And Yahweh said, listen to me O homos on the face of the earth. This redness of eyes has never once been on humanity.

10. But Earthus and Eartum brought it upon your faces. And it shall make you go blind; for no one can put the light of the moon in the face and remain with sight.

11. And for as many thousands of homos who had the redness of eyes, they began to weep.

12. And many of them preferred to die rather than go blind.

13. And they took the advice of Yahweh to find Earthus and hang her rather than letting her remain in the ocean.

14. And two sons of God agreed with Yahweh to cut off Earthus from the earth. And their names were Allah and Ephradite.

15. And the three sons of God led the way to the continents of the oceans.

16. Allah went with some wild birds to pull at Earthus, perhaps she could be flying on the wings of Eartum to escape.

17. And Ephradite followed with a very large serpent, which he had intended to harm Yahweh earlier. He had made the serpent since thousands of years back.

18. And Yahweh also came with the dragon which he had made to spit fire. And this would spit fire on Earthus and kill her as soon as she was spotted.

19. Now the pregnancy of Earthus was already nine month and ripe for delivery.

20. And she thought to conceive on land instead of the ocean because she feared that the baby would drown.

21. And at that time, Eartum had returned to the moon to keep up with his findings there.

22. He had also made some satellites and had placed them in the skies. He did all these for the purpose of watching whatever would befall Earthus his wife while he was away from the earth.

23. And Earthus stepped out of the oceans and walked many miles away from the ocean to deliver her baby.

24. And when Earthus was away from the oceans, Yahweh and the others arrived.

25. And they sent many expert swimmers into the oceans to search them out.

26. And they did not find them for a whole day.

27. At at noon of the next day, they began to hear the voice of a woman crying loud in agony.

28. And they followed the voice to a distant place. Lo and behold, it was Earthus who was travailing.

29. And Yahweh cried, O! she carries the baby of Eartum! Now let us not kill her with her baby. But let us kill her baby only, so that she would suffer the pain of seeing her begotten son die right in her eyes.

30. And Yahweh set the dragon before the woman and commanded it to wait for her to deliver before spitting fire on her offspring.

31. And when Eartum saw from the satellites he placed in space that his unborn child would be killed, he lifted a star and aimed it at the dragon on earth.

32. But the star would not meet its target. But it caused a lot of damage on earth, destroying many houses. And Eartum threw more and more stars from space to the earth.

33. But for the distance of Eartum to his target, which was thousands of miles, he missed the dragon all the time. And the stars fell in the land of Murhaleb(which was just formed).

34. But the distance of the boundary of Murhaleb to where the dragon was was about 100 miles.

35. And as soon as Earthus delivered her baby, which was a boy, the dragon lurched forward to swallow it up.

36. But then a shocking magnetic force trapped the dragon and the baby. And they both disappeared.

37. And everyone on the surface of the earth was amazed. And they looked away from Earthus, rather, they were looking up towards the direction the dragon and the baby had gone.

38. And Yahweh and the other two sons of God were as confused as the rest of the homos present.

39. And Allah released his birds to find the dragon.

40. And suddenly, the dragon fell from the sky unto the earth.

41. For Eartum had thrown it down in anger, thinking it would scatter as soon as it landed on the rocky part of the earth.

42. Luckily, it landed in the waters. Hurriedly, it came out of the water and shook its body.

43. Then it was prepared to give Earthus a chase, since the child had already escaped.

44. But Earthus held tight to herself as she headed towards the wilderness where Eartum had described to her earlier.

45. It was the wilderness of Zab, where Eartum himself first traversed at his arrival to the earth from the city of gold billions of years back.

46. And when the dragon was only a few feet close to swallowing up Earthus, she was lifted up by Eartum who had flown very rapidly to have her.

47. And Eartum flew with Earthus to the wilderness of Zab, where they would remain for many years until the sons of God had been appeased.

48. And all the event were captured in the satellites of Eartum which he had made to appear exactly like the stars in the sky.

49. And Eartum said to Earthus while they were in the wilderness, a stargazer from the distant world to come would see a glimpse of this event and none in their own world would understand it because it would appear like it is happening in the sky rather than on earth.

50. And Earthus laughed and said, I am glad I ran as fast as lightning.

51. And they kissed and slept in the hot sun of the wilderness.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by realmindz: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
OtemAtum:
what you and other ignorant people don't know is that many of the events of the homo erectus reality were made into stories which you now read as literal occurrences in the homo sapiens reality. Dragons, unicorns etc don't exist in this our homo sapiens era, but in some bible stories, you see them mentioned. This is an indication that some of the religious stories are mere stories made from the realities of billions of years back. Now the reason why I am here is to bring the histories of billions of years till the present histories to the awareness of the world. See below for the literal history of that woman and her child which took place billions of years back during the time of the existence of dinosaurs, etc.

wow!

It's time you publish this book, I see this book going very far...Very far

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
Mother Earthus was giving birth to her baby. Yahweh and Allah and some bad gods were after her and her unborn baby because the baby was the child of Atum. Atum rescued her and the child was safely delivered.
I will really appreciate it if u stop commenting in any of my post. The question i ask is directed to Christians. Am seeking knowledge frm fellow Christians like myself nt frm idol worshipper. So pls u can take ur theory elsewhere. Nt needed here

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ojobolinda: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2017
adadioranmah:
THE book of Revelation contains expressions that are not to be understood literally. (Revelation 1:1) For example, it mentions a woman with the name “Babylon the Great” written on her forehead. This woman is said to be sitting on “crowds and nations.” (Revelation 17:1, 5, 15) Since no literal woman could do this, Babylon the Great must be symbolic. So, what does this symbolic prostitute represent?

At Revelation 17:18, the same figurative woman is described as “the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” The term “city” indicates an organized group of people. Since this “great city” has control over “the kings of the earth,” the woman named Babylon the Great must be an influential organization that is international in scope. It can rightly be called a world empire. What kind of empire? A religious one. Notice how some related passages in the book of Revelation lead us to this conclusion.

An empire can be political, commercial, or religious. The woman named Babylon the Great is not a political empire because God’s Word states that “the kings of the earth,” or the political elements of this world, “committed sexual immorality” with her. She has practiced such immorality by forming alliances with the rulers of this earth and has done whatever is necessary in order to gain power and influence over them. That is why she is called “the great prostitute.”​—Revelation 17:1, 2; James 4:4.

Babylon the Great cannot be a commercial empire because “the merchants of the earth,” representing the commercial elements, will be mourning her at the time of her destruction. In fact, both kings and merchants are described as looking at Babylon the Great from “a distance.” (Revelation 18:3, 9, 10, 15-17) Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that Babylon the Great is, not a political or a commercial empire, but a religious one.

The religious identity of Babylon the Great is further confirmed by the statement that she misleads all the nations by means of her “spiritistic practices.” (Revelation 18:23) Since all forms of spiritism are religious and demon-inspired, it is not surprising that the Bible calls Babylon the Great “a dwelling place of demons.” (Revelation 18:2; Deuteronomy 18:10-12) This empire is also described as being actively opposed to true religion, persecuting “prophets” and “holy ones.” (Revelation 18:24) In fact, Babylon the Great has such deep hatred for true religion that she violently persecutes and even murders “the witnesses of Jesus.” (Revelation 17:6) Hence, this woman named Babylon the Great clearly represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/babylon-the-great-revelation/#?insight[search_id]=e18d6e98-588e-4668-a20b-814948c32563&insight[search_result_index]=0
Dear, u jst succeeded in explaining d prostitute and nt d woman in Revelation 12.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
johnydon22:

for all we know it is down to subjective interpretation as can an part in the bible. You are no more correct or wrong than the catholics

the interesting part is that Catholics believe that a Bible passage may be RIGHTLY interpreted in more than one sense.

so if I were a teacher in my Catholic church I could very well teach that the metaphors in rev 12 is about the church as a mother in the allegorical sense and my parish priest will totally agree. the next day I could say that same passage refers to Mary in its most literal form and he will still agree.... Catholicism allows a both/and interpretation of scriptures

but of course it is always funny to watch Protestant perform their mental gymnastics when they claim a woman gave birth to Jesus but go to great lengths to deny that she is Mary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by LifestyleTonite: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:

the interesting part is that Catholics believe that a Bible passage may be RIGHTLY interpreted in more than one sense.

so if I were a teacher in my Catholic church I could very well teach that the metaphors in rev 12 is about the church as a mother in the allegorical sense and my parish priest will totally agree. the next day I could say that same passage refers to Mary in its most literal form and he will still agree.... Catholicism allows a both/and interpretation of scriptures

but of course it is always funny to watch Protestant perform their mental gymnastics when they claim a woman gave birth to Jesus but go to great lengths to deny that she is Mary.
I believe you are correct.

The WOMAN spoken of can be Mary, the Church and also Israel.

Mary gave birth to Jesus. And since Jesus is the child spoken of, we can't dispute Mary as a candidate in the case.

The Church is a spiritual thing here. It consists of Christians and Israelites whom the devil has been attacking since he couldn't get to Jesus. But I don't know how the church gave birth to Jesus.

Israel is a candidate cos it produce Jesus Christ and also the church. Now that Jesus has been taken to heaven, Satan has been using muslims and Arabs to persecute Israel with the aim of wiping them of the earth. That is why it is recorded that the WOMAN was standing on top of a moon. Moon being the symbol of Islam shows the victory of Christianity and Israel over Islam and the Antichrist religion. The WOMAN having 12 stars on her head is symbolic for the 12 tribes of Israel.

This all means that Satan will persecute Israel and Christians, a thing he is already doing and will increase the meter soon.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
I believe you are correct.

The WOMAN spoken of can be Mary, the Church and also Israel.

Mary gave birth to Jesus. And since Jesus is the child spoken of, we can't dispute Mary as a candidate in the case.

The Church is a spiritual thing here. It consists of Christians and Israelites whom the devil has been attacking since he couldn't get to Jesus. But I don't know how the church gave birth to Jesus.

Israel is a candidate cos it produce Jesus Christ and also the church. Now that Jesus has been taken to heaven, Satan has been using muslims and Arabs to persecute Israel with the aim of wiping them of the earth. That is why it is recorded that the WOMAN was standing on top of a moon. Moon being the symbol of Islam shows the victory of Christianity and Israel over Islam and the Antichrist religion. The WOMAN having 12 stars on her head is symbolic for the 12 tribes of Israel.

This all means that Satan will persecute Israel and Christians, a thing he is already doing and will increase the meter soon.

the church gave birth to Christ but not the present Church.

A Catholic exegete will teach that the Church didn't just begin with the Christian Church... The first assembly of God... the first congregation adopted by God was Israel, that is the first Church, when Jesus died he took over the kingdom and established the church in his own body, so we are the new Israel, we have surpassed and transcended the old Israel.

so the woman is is the people of God for all times, both the old Israel and the new Israel is still Israel, the old has 12 tribes the new has 12 apostles.... so that the old Israel brought forth the Christ and the new Israel is persecuted...

it become even more interesting if you look at it through the eyes of the early Christian writings that see Mary as both a type of the old Israel and a type of the new Israel...and she is the one who actually gave birth to Christ.

So a Catholic may agree to each sense.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by twosquare(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
ojobolinda, You can follow this link to download this humming song...part of your question, if not all, is answered. If only you can connect the dots...https://www.scribeofrighteousness.net/paths-of-eden/

Listen with an earphone...it is just a spiritual chant, not music. Free mode.
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by ichuka(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
ojobolinda:
Ok...... Hw abt d baby?
The Man Child are the over comers.
They are ones to fulfill Gods internal purpose in respect of the whole church
Re: Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12? by 0temAtum: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2017
ojobolinda:
I will really appreciate it if u stop commenting in any of my post. The question i ask is directed to Christians. Am seeking knowledge frm fellow Christians like myself nt frm idol worshipper. So pls u can take ur theory elsewhere. Nt needed here
I'm sorry, but what I posted was the true history. It isn't a theory at all. Anyway there's no problem. It's only a matter of time before the light of God Almighty makes known the truth to as many who are ready to learn. Peace cool

(1) (Reply)

Still On The Tithe Matter: At Last, Men Of God Agree With OAP Freeze (Video) / From Atheism To Christianity: A Personal Journey Of Philip Vander Elst / Photos Of Small Doctor, Kenny Blaq, Tope Alabi, Sola Allyson At The LULI CONCERT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.