Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,162 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc (7464 Views)

Throwback: Court Voids SEC’s Suspension Of Oando Management / Oando PLC Gets Court Order Against SEC. (Picture) / Under Siege The Battle Of Oando (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Themandator: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2017
masseratti:
thanks for the insight, now I know its not political

Wale and his two friends owns the joint ... Wale used both book and off book principles to run the joint and in the process injured a lot of investors .... Very powerful Nigerians ..... Rather than account , he closed down the company he bought in Canada in other to take a back door listing in their excahnge .... It was that company shares that he sold to those guys and not the real Oando in Nigeria

The man is croook

3 Likes

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by ChangetheChange: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2017
masseratti:
thanks for the insight, now I know its not political

grin grin grin
This one na Zombie,

Buhari is still deceiving u

1 Like

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Themandator: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2017
lurther:
Wile Tondu is Bola Tinubu Nephew. Bola Tinubu own the company but managed by his nephew wile Tinubu.

Do you have the history of the company or you are assuming.

Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2017
realnas:
This is what happens when you bite more than you can chew, wole tinubu borrowed large sums of money from various banksand raised equity from wealthy investors like dahiru mangal and Mr volpi order to purchase conophillips assets in Nigeria around 2013 .This was done with the believe that oil prices will stay high hence allowing oando to settle it's debt quickly, unfortunately that wasn't the case as a result of the crash of commodity prices that was engineered by Saudi Arabia in order to frustrate shale gas producers in the United States .
Oando has been unable to repay it's debt due to low oil prices and this reflected it's share price that went from 15 naira a share to less three naira burning alot of investors like yours truly in the process.

I see.

SOmeone is counting his chickens before they hatched.

Nigerians and bad business decisions...
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by wildchild02: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2017
Issokay

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Chukazu: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2017
I thought they said the guys protesting were not authentic shareholders ?

the management has succeeded in stampeding on anyone who is against Wale TINUBU and his lack of corporate governance

1 Like

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
This is the beginning of the end of Wale. He tried messing around with the wrong guys, Atiku, Mangal and Volpi.

This shouldn't have been on front page, because 98% of nairalanders don't have the background information and knowledge about Oando, board politics in corporate Nigeria and stock market investment.

I am surprised that even Reno Omokri could not offer an informed comment on happenings in Oando.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by updatechange(m): 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
lurther:
Tinubu.........you see your life?

By the time Buhari is done with you and Atiku, you will curse the day you called Goodluck Jonathan a dictator and called Buhari who is the real dictator a saint.

Sheba BBC closed Radio Continental yesterday......This is just the beginning.

We reminder you of how Abiola was messed up by his military Fulani friends, you refused to listen.

Now in our very eyes, they have started with you. Hope they don't take your life like Abiola. Anyway, this was how they started with Abiola, crippled his businesses first, then took his life.

Let the battle begin. Royal Rumble for the Jagaban of Africa and The Fulani Hegemony.

You made 100% sense with dis post, but when I sight dat Gej name I reduced it to 50%. Neither of them were better I swear.
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by woodmood: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2017
Themandator:

Wale and his two friends owns the joint ... Wale used both book and off book principles to run the joint and in the process injured a lot of investors .... Very powerful Nigerians ..... Rather than account , he closed down the company he bought in Canada in other to take a back door listing in their excahnge .... It was that company shares that he sold to those guys and not the real Oando in Nigeria

The man is croook

Your comment is the only knowledgeable one I can react to.

Two days ago, I informed my stockbroker of my intention to buy oando shares. He advise against it based on international oil issues. Yesterday, I bought something else only to receive the oando news. The point is, some of those companies on the exchange are run by cow-boys.
However, I am dissapointed at the pathetic comments of youths who remain totally uninformed about vital issues but are already pointing to 2019, tinubu ambition and atiku on a matter like this.
Nigerian youths indeed have a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by dustydee: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2017
gazza07:

google is always there for u or simply, na Tinubu get Oando
Google says it's a quoted company headed by WALE Tinubu.
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Deeldorado: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Nobody is fighting Tinubu through Oando. This is a business Wale Tinubu has been running like a private empire risking investors' funds and jeopardizing the health of the business. Trading in OANDO shares has also been suspended at the Johannesburg and Toronto Stock Exchanges too. Mind you, this suspension is coming after an EY audit report expressed concerns about OANDO's future as a going concern. OANDO is a classic case of what happens as a result of poor corporate governance. I don't understand why people always rush to make uninformed comments without understanding the issues.
Everything is not politics, please.

2 Likes

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by MrMcJay(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Look at how brain-dead posters are already linking it to 2019. Unintelligent clowns who are not exposed or knowledgeable of things around them. That's why I pity those who come to Nairaland to seek advice. It's people like those ignorant posters that would advise you.

For those who want more insight into what happened, please read the link below. It's an interesting read which chronicles the corporate voodoo carried out by Wale Tinubu and his gang.

https://nairametrics.com/a-corporate-story-on-oando-plc/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by woodmood: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
This is the beginning of the end of Wale. He tried messing around with the wrong guys, Atiku, Mangal and Volpi.

This shouldn't have been on front page, because 98% of nairalanders don't have the background information and knowledge about Oando, board politics in corporate Nigeria and stock market investment.

I am surprised that even Reno Omokri could not offer an informed comment on happenings in Oando.

Very Good comment.
You should know that the 98% you talked about are kids.
On the comment by Reno, it goes to show that some we think are intelligent are actually not as intelligent as we portray them or perhaps they could be irrationally sentimental and biased even when the issue calls for clinical, critical analysis.

1 Like

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2017
I don't see anything political here. Its jhux a normal norm done to ailing investments.
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2017
realnas:
This is what happens when you bite more than you can chew, wole tinubu borrowed large sums of money from various banksand raised equity from wealthy investors like dahiru mangal and Mr volpi order to purchase conophillips assets in Nigeria around 2013 .This was done with the believe that oil prices will stay high hence allowing oando to settle it's debt quickly, unfortunately that wasn't the case as a result of the crash of commodity prices that was engineered by Saudi Arabia in order to frustrate shale gas producers in the United States .
Oando has been unable to repay it's debt due to low oil prices and this reflected it's share price that went from 15 naira a share to less three naira burning alot of investors like yours truly in the process.

I sense the low oil price in the international market has adversely contributed to this unfortunate situation...
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by realnas(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2017
TheShopKeeper:

I sense the low oil price in the international market has adversely contributed to this unfortunate situation...
absolutely sir

1 Like

Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by countryfive: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2017
Kundagarten:

Bola Tinubu owns it by proxy.

but I thought obj owns oando.
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by masseratti: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2017
Kundagarten:

Wait until Buhari finds #1Trillion under Tinubu’s bed.
Sense fall on you
thank you mr know it all
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by okoliexpress: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2017
thanks for that link it was a great read... quite enlightening.
MrMcJay:
Look at how brain-dead posters are already linking it to 2019. Unintelligent clowns who are not exposed or knowledgeable of things around them. That's why I pity those who come to Nairaland to seek advice. It's people like those ignorant posters that would advise you.

For those who want more insight into what happened, please read the link below. It's an interesting read which chronicles the corporate voodoo carried out by Wale Tinubu and his gang.

https://nairametrics.com/a-corporate-story-on-oando-plc/
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by masseratti: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
This one na Zombie,

Buhari is still deceiving u
thank you Zombie father.
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by banio: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2017
They should investigate and suspend all companies shares that are using Nigerians as slaves. No medical, no vacation, no insurance. example is Mobil, Chevron and Agip. Only few lucky ones are staff while the rest work as slaves, not even an employment letter from a contractor. You can be dropped at anytime without gratuity
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by Guyman02: 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
Themandator:

Bola Tinubu is not same as Wale Tinubu.... Get fact before rushing to comment.

Oando is Tinubu family business run by his relations and family members including the CEO Wale Tinubu his Nephew
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by patrick89(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
so instead of tinubu and mofe to go pay their debt or resign honorably they are paying social media influencers to trend what they know nothing about.
a criminal can not last forever..
Re: Notification Of Suspension Of Trading In The Shares Of Oando Plc by marlerya: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2017
fxbking:
I.C.T Training and Certification, Click here:- http://dimoch.com/stgapply.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Plans To Sell Petrol At N140 Per Litre – Nlc / How To Get A POS Machine In Nigeria And The Simple Steps To Follow / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops To 18.12% In April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.