Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine (573 Views)

IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea / Russia's $5 Billion Ballistic Missile Submarine Called TYPHOON(pixs) / Iran Unveils New Ballistic Missile That Could Destroy US Bases In The Gulf (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine by justFEARLESS(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2017
According to U.S. Intelligence report a new class diesel-electeic submarine is under construction at the North Korea's Sinpo Shipyard located at the east coast of the country.

According to the Diplomat in its interview with a U.S. government source with Knowledge of North Korea's weapons programs. "the submarine’s submerged displacement is thought to be in excess of 2,000 tons with a beam measurement of 11 meters. The vessel is likely the largest ever to be built for the Korean People’s Navy since the Najin -class frigates".

This new submarine is dubbed the Sinpo-C by the United States intelligence community and is in the Gorae-class submarine of the pariah state.

The new submarine will most likely be capable of launching the KN11/Pukguksong-1 submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) which can be launched by the only Gorae-class submarine in North Korea’s inventory which has entered operational use.

North Korea has been trying to perfect its Submarine launched ballistic missile since last year. Japan’s Asahi Shimbun reported that North Korea failed last year in her attempt to test a new Solid-fuel engine for an SLBM but Pyongyang has been trying to modernise launch-tube on her already operational Gorae-class submarine and this new development may just mean they've had a breakthrough in perfecting their submarine launched ballistic missile capabilities.

The Construction of a new submarine of the Gorae-class may be an evidence of North Korea’s intention to strengthen its Sea-based deterrent ca
pability and they may construct more submarine of this class in coming years.

North Korea tested an SLBM last August. The missile, a Pukguksong-1 SLBM, flew to 500 kilometers on a lofted trajectory and splashed down in the Sea of Japan.

http://www.classikolic.com/2017/10/north-korea-constructing-new-class.html?m=1

Re: North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine by LordIsaac(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Kim!
Re: North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine by OfficialAwol(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2017
Don't underestimate North Korea.

But I suggest it's high time the over fed buffoon is stopped before things degenerate.

BTW, I hope per capita income of North Koreans is worth it. or is this another misplaced priority?

What does North Korea stand to gain in defeating US? they won't be the world power anyway. And I'm Putin is standing by
Re: North Korea Constructing A New Class Ballistic Missile Submarine by ogologoamu: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Don't underestimate North Korea.

But I suggest it's high time the over fed buffoon is stopped before things degenerate.

BTW, I hope per capita income of North Koreans is worth it. or is this another misplaced priority?

What does North Korea stand to gain in defeating US? they won't be the world power anyway. And I'm Putin is standing by

North Korea defeat US?.

(1) (Reply)

U.S Call On The World To Severe Links With North Korea / Wonders:man Undergoes Multiple Surgeries To Transform Himself Into A Human Elf. / Newly Elected South African President,Cyril To Make Speech On Friday(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.