Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss (4383 Views)

Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / Annual Report Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by lomaxx: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2010
Billionaire Industrialist and Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has been sacked as the boss of NSE by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
Also, the elections conducted by the NSE and the Securities and Exchange Commission, that ushered in Dangote alongside other council members were nullified by the court.
Read complete story at http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=629:court-fires-dangote-as-nse-boss&catid=98:nationwide&Itemid=484
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by cantell(m): 10:04am On Mar 13, 2010
So soon? too bad. He would have lasted if Yarasick was on seat.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by lomaxx: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2010
cantell:

lol.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2010
and what does he profit from that NSE position anyway?

not a lot,i guess
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by lojik(m): 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2010
MrPrsdent:

not a lot,i guess
Guess again.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by sulad82i(m): 5:42am On Mar 15, 2010
cantell:

LOL that was a good one
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by sulad82i(m): 5:45am On Mar 15, 2010
He was not suppose to be there anyway. because he's rich does not make him fit to serve in that post. We need people that will help Nigeria move forward by applying what they know.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by ebioloye1: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2010
after the 463 richest man in the world given to him what is he still looking for? greedy man
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by lomaxx: 6:30am On Mar 15, 2010
ebi_oloye:

after the 463 richest man in the world given to him what is he still looking for? greedy man
haba don't be harsh, the position wasn't given to him. He worked for it. I'd agree with you that he's greedy. Positively.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by lomaxx: 6:35am On Mar 15, 2010
sulad82i:

He was not suppose to be there anyway. because he's rich does not make him fit to serve in that post. We need people that will help Nigeria move forward by applying what they know.
HE APPLIED WHAT HE KNEW, THAT,S WHY HE'S RICH. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE ELECTION AND ITS ORGANISERS THAT BROUGHT HIM IN. THE PROCESS WAS WRONG, NOT DANGOTE. SO IF DANGOTE IS FIRED, HE WASN't THE FIRST. WAS HE ?
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by chelseabmw(m): 6:37am On Mar 15, 2010
Thank God, more to go
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by wildchild1: 6:59am On Mar 15, 2010
He wants to be number 1 richest man
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by segzicres(m): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2010
nice one. i fuc.king hate the monopolist. spit!! sack the b.i.t.c.h. over again.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by dayolove: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2010
That is not very good for his career! i wish it was that fat and political minded woman - Ndy Okereke or whatever she is called that was sacked. she is part of the problem in the financial sector. she collaborated with these banks to feature false facts behind the figures and aided and abetted manipulation of prices.

most of the banks ceos could sit in the comfort of their office, make one or two phone calls and decide and agree on how much the price of their stock will be. such was the case then. what is she still doing there? can someone initiate a process to remove and replace her with the right candidate. she had no regard for the NSE regulatory authority - SEC.

Anyway for our dear Dangote - manipulations can only work for a while, it does not sustain you. the government of the day that will always favour you may not be there always. this should teach you and your likes lessons.

Naija is heading for good.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by gidson12(m): 8:02am On Mar 15, 2010
segzi cres:

nice one. i fuc.king hate the monopolist. spit!! sack the b.i.t.c.h. over again.
u b mumu, y re u hateing, i guess u re not even richer than 20 cartons of his spagetti. If u hate him 4 being a monopolist y not go into competition n break it. Yeye dey worry u. Wether u like it or not dangote is one of nigerians finest biz man.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by DL(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2010
yeah, that over-bloated lady needs to be given the hammer too,
As for dangote, u guys are just stressing yourselves out, these guy's got connections everywhere so don't be surprised if he becomes the next minister for food and agriculture.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by skyranger: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2010
gidson12:

u b mumu, y re u hateing, i guess u re not even richer than 20 cartons of his spagetti. If u hate him 4 being a monopolist y not go into competition n break it. Yeye dey worry u. Wether u like it or not dangote is one of nigerians finest biz man.

like donating 400m to OBJ campaign & 3b worth of cement to PDP and having them trust monopolistic rights to you so you could inflate basic prices of consumer staples?!
the AP share price manipulation, in a just enviroment would land dangote in jail for a very long time,
from the otedola, dangote adenuga et'al, we don't have any "finest biz man", they are all bunch of theives and fronts for loot of public tills which our govt have given them license to kill its own citizens.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by otukpo(f): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2010
GOOD FOR HIM.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by hameet: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2010
naija pickins, check out this analysis, very soon naija will belong to certain individuals. we would be employed by them becos they are buying all parastatals, when we get paid, we will go to their supermarkets to buy groceries and food items, we will buy recharge cards so that we can use their communication gadgets, we will buy cement from them to build little cubicles aka homes for our families and most of all, we will use their banks to keep our stipends which will in turn yield profits for them again. haba, we have just being initiated into a life of servitude and viscious cycle. think about it my people.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by consultmartins(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2010
This is going to be an interesting battle between Due process and the powers that be. I just hope the investors will not bear the brunt.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by swaga007: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2010
well, i dont knw wot all dis rich guy dey look for in power, dey got all d moni. ojukokoro, make d guy go sit 4 e house! tongue
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by monopolist: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2010
These are signs and wonders of Pre-Revolution.

I think Sanusi is next to be dethroned.

I think we need younger Industrialists and Investors at the NSE, 'OLD THINGS' must pass away and all things must become new.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by Yoighaman(m): 11:42am On Mar 15, 2010
MrPrsdent:

not a lot,i guess

NASCON (a moribund company on the NSE) rose from N0.69 to N30+ in a short period of time and was offered for sale to the Nigerian public for couple of hours after which Dangote’s financial arsenal bloated with considerable pack of billion wads

Now, that's one of his least reasons for being interested in the NSE inspite of his stupendous wealth.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by monopolist: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2010
like donating 400m to OBJ campaign & 3b worth of cement to PDP and having them trust monopolistic rights to you so you could inflate basic prices of consumer staples?!
the AP share price manipulation, in a just enviroment would land dangote in jail for a very long time,
from the otedola, dangote adenuga et'al, we don't have any "finest biz man", they are all bunch of theives and fronts for loot of public tills which our govt have given them license to kill its own citizens.

Yes you are correct.
Those are corrupt monopolists and by their fruits we now know them.

I am an Incorruptible Monopolist empowered and ready to takeover from the falling billionaire theives.
Purchasing Powers must shift to the Righteous and the masses in Jesus Christ name. Amen
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by kabarka(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2010
If this is true,am happy for that b/c men of his caliber and level are suppose to be busy building their empire. But we all know he is a stooge 4 the faceless generals using every opportunity to influence to their advantge.PERHAPS THEY HAVE ACHIEVED THEIR PURPOSE B/F THE PURPORTED SACK.It's all drama. Am forever thankful to the Management of indomie for fighting hard when they cooked up stories.And Pres.Yar'dua aspa the refinery.He(they) wants to buy Nigeria,isn't working he goes to the stock exchange to manipulate things.God no go gree. NIGERIA IS HEADING FOR GOOD.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2010
I wonder how Ndy Okere whatever manages to remain in that position.
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
I wonder what good it will make Nigerians to let a man of caliber to rule even a local government, a man who bought Benue cement instead of making it grow, he scattered the structures, grounded it to pave way for monopoly of his cement company. Tried with indomie could not succeed, rice market nko, he is the only importer, succeeded to beat his Igbo counterparts, Hope you guys have not forgotten about the white sugar company based at kano, he did same to that company, buried it till date

were was he, when mtn, glo, econet, even etisalat came into Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by Hambat: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
is better that he has been sacked if not i would be using our money to make more money for himself
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
Wise decision, anyone who sells share should never get into that position cos they would manipulate it to their favour
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by DisGuy: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
erico2k2:

Wise decision, anyone who sells share should never get into that position cos they would manipulate it to their favour

the former president of the NSE was also a CEO whose had interest in many companies listed, one rule for them now?

skyranger:

is donating millions to a political party a crime? is donating cement to pdp a crime? for all you know he also donates money to other parties in power, When Adenuga donated money for OBJ why wasn't there any outcry?

Apart from rumours, was there any evidence it was Dangote that manipulated AP shares? when people lose out of business deals they start blaming others instead of upping their game
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by jpphilips(m): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2010

And conniving with OBJ to shut Ibeto cement is your idea of competition? likewise the 1992 stockfish saga are all healthy competition?
doesn't seem like you know much on the subject anyways
Re: Dangote Sacked As Nigerian Stock Exchange Boss by DisGuy: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
Dangote does not make the business rule, if your elected president and ministers cant give allow free and fair business environment, you should hold them responsbile

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mmm United Is Back / I Will Show You The Method I Use To Kill It Trading / M.b.a's 15% Monthly Payout Will Banish Poverty In Nigeria. Join Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.