Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god (5359 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / 144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / Debate! Debate!! Debate!!! Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by e36991: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2010
[size=14pt]The Olumba Olumba Obu story - Why he’s god, by devotee[/size]
By TOPE ADEBOBOYE
Saturday, March 13, 2010

Olumba Olumba

Many people may have been wondering why members of the brotherhood of the Cross and the Star, refer to the spiritual leader of the sect, Olumba Olumba Obu, as god almighty.

Such people do not need to wonder any more, as Mr Parkson Edjeketa, a priest with the controversial religious group, has given reasons for that.

According to Edjeketa, who is based in The Netherlands, Olumba Obu is a great spiritual leader.

He also spoke on why members of the sect shun meat and beverages and why it’s a sin for a man to kill any living thing, including mosquitoes and houseflies.

Why do you call your leader, Olumba Olumba Obu, god almighty when the man himself has said severally that he’s not God?
We have come to a stage where we must be spiritually enlightened to know certain things about God. When we talk about God, we are talking about a mega-dynamic concept. It is not something I can force into you. There are true spiritual definitions that can actually enable one to know God. The fact that God can be humanised, can be a man is a kind of postulation and imagination of some deluded minds. God, as God, remains God and can never be man.

But we should understand by now that with God, everything is possible. If God reveals himself to you as God, it will be very difficult for you to even transmit the message to another person because that person does not know the form of God. Right from the beginning, nobody has seen God. That is what the Bible says: “What eyes have not seen, what ears have not heard, what the minds have not perceived, that will I show to my children.” What is it that the eyes have not seen in this world? It is God. But this same God can transform himself into any form to reveal himself unto his children, even at this our age.

So, Leader O.O. Obu has done more than what even our Lord Jesus Christ did. What did our Lord Jesus Christ do in his first advent? For instance, he walked on top of water. That is a miraculous feat. He resurrected Lazarus after four days. But Leader Obu has done more than that; somebody died for seven days, he brought him back to life. Leader O.O. Obu stood on water the first day he went to baptize people. He stood on water to bless the water. The people who are opportune have been seeing him in the skies.

But Jesus, while on earth, kept talking about his father in heaven?
He was only trying to dramatize the same for us to follow. Remember he said ‘I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the father except by me.’ When we talk about God, the concept is so heavy that we need to be spiritually mature to comprehend his talk, because most of all these things, he talked in parables and we need to decode them. When he said our father in heaven, it does not mean that God is not everywhere. If the father is only in heaven, then he is no longer omnipresent because he’s everywhere. He’s here with us. He’s in the moon, the sun, down the ocean and everywhere. How can he now confine the father to be in heaven alone?

When the Hebrews said heaven is his throne, the earth is his footstool, the heaven means the head. If you go to the space, there is nowhere you will see any structure. God is a spirit.

People say your leader doesn’t travel?
The leader is not a human being; he’s a spirit. This interview we are doing is not enough because there is nothing I will say here that will convince the world that God has come in human form.

A lot of people will no doubt accuse you of committing blasphemy
If it’s blasphemy, I cannot live for a second because I know what it is to blaspheme against God. King Nebuchadnezzar did it, and you know what God did to him. He put him inside the forest for seven years. When he regained his senses, he knew that God Almighty is one. You cannot rob him of his glory. King Herod did it. By merely saying, “the voice you people are hearing is God’s” he was struck down. If you are very conversant with the Bible, you know what happened to him. Or is it Pharaoh who died under the Red Sea? So, there is nobody who can say this man is God and that person will live. But right from the onset, Leader O. O. Obu had declared that he’s the Sole Spiritual Head of the Universe. Sole Spiritual Head, not carnal. The world has confirmed that Leader O. O. Obu is the head of all principalities. He’s the head of the secret societies. He’s the head of juju. Who do you think is the head of principalities except God and Christ?

If he’s truly God, why is he not convincing people, so that we can all accept him?
Everything has its time. That time will come when he reveals himself to the whole world. But now, he’s just coming one by one.

When will that be?
Nobody knows the time except he himself. If I tell you that in 2010 or 2011 the father will reveal himself to the whole world, I am a liar. But all I know is that he’s here and he’s doing his work gradually by transforming human beings unto himself.

You also don’t believe that Christ will appear in heaven?
Those expecting Christ to come from heaven will be disappointed because he will not come in that form.

But that’s what the Bible says
I have told you that the Bible is coded. You need to be spiritually minded to decode those messages. When our Lord Jesus Christ said you have to eat my flesh and drink my blood, that whoever does not eat his flesh and drink his blood cannot live, the Jews were confused. They wondered how this man said we should drink his blood and eat his flesh. They had to run away. They dispersed, saying this man was really a demon. But do you think that Christ is talking about these natural blood and flesh? He was talking about the word of God. And you know that without parables, he will not speak because as at that time they were not spiritually mature. He was just teaching them according to the time, according to the circumstances, according to their own capability of reasoning.

That is why he defines everything. He said when the time comes; the spirit of truth will come and lead you to the accurate knowledge of God. If he had told them that they should not drink, he would have contradicted himself because he turned water to wine for them to drink during the wedding feast. If he goes back to say don’t drink, people will say, ‘you were the one that turned water to wine.’

When Paul told Timothy, because Timothy was complaining of stomach ache every day, he said: ‘Okay, Timothy between me and you take more wine everyday for the sake of your stomach.’ Has the world not capitalised on just that statement to drink? They will tell you that Timothy, in his days, took more wine. He drank. People will even tell you that Jesus turned water to wine.

Do your members take alcohol?
The father has taught us not to take anything corked, anything fermented. Whether soft or hard, we don’t take it. We don’t take anything at all, whether alcoholic or non-alcoholic. All we take is water.

Not even cola drinks?
Brotherhood is not a church. It is the kingdom of God, which we pray for. In the Lord’s Prayer, we pray, ‘God, let thy kingdom come.’ That is why Christians cannot comprehend the Brotherhood because what we are doing must be different from what others are doing. You must distance yourself from what the world is practising. So we don’t take anything except water. Members of Brotherhood are vegetarians. We don’t take meat; anything that crawls, that swims or flies, we don’t take it. Yet the world accuses us as Dracula; that we suck blood.

When has it become a sin to eat meat?
When God created the world, he sanctioned everything and said everything he created was good. Even mosquitoes are good; millipedes are good; everything is good. In the Garden of Eden, Adam did not eat all these things we are eating today, that was why he was able to live for 930 years. Look at the way people are dying, like chicken today. It’s as a result of what they eat. Whoever kills must be killed. It is unfortunate that we now interpret that word ‘kill’ to be restricted to human beings. It covers God’s creation because He said Thou shall not kill, including mosquitoes.

The mosquito has a peculiar assignment from God. Have you taken time to ask why God created the mosquito?
Do you think God was a fool to have created the mosquito? If not for the mosquito, the Whites who came to invade us must have succeeded in capturing us, like they did in South Africa. It was the mosquitoes that chased them away. Even the housefly is good. You shouldn’t kill it. The moment you see the house fly, it’s telling you that something is bad, that something is rotten somewhere. It’s giving you a signal to keep your environment clean. All these things have duties. So in Brotherhood, we don’t kill anything, yet the world says we are a secret society. We don’t suck blood. The world doesn’t even know those who suck blood. It is those in the medical circle that suck blood. They even have blood bank. They even have blood tonic, which people drink. Yet, we don’t drink any of these things and they call us names.

Is it true that your members don’t take drugs?
No we don’t. In Brotherhood, we don’t take any drugs, not a single tablet. I came to Brotherhood in 1985. Since that time till now I’ve never taken any drugs, not even when I was in Europe. Even when I get sick, I allow the father to do his work. That is faith. You said you have faith in Christ but you must take drugs when you are sick; so what kind of faith is that? Faith in drugs? Faith in what you see? So that is why everybody is against Brotherhood. The medical doctors will even organize a campaign that they should tell the world that Brotherhood is a secret society. The love-peddler will not even want to hear the teachings of Brotherhood. The father says, if you cannot control your sexual urge, marry one wife. But if you can control yourself, stay without marriage.

Like I am now, I am not married and I don’t intend to get married at all. I don’t intend to have children. It is not my calling. I don’t envy people with wives or families because it is not my business. And I am not condemning them because those people are doing what God ordained for them. Everybody cannot get married and everybody cannot stay without getting married. Jesus was single. John the Baptist was single. Paul was single. In Brotherhood, divorce is not an option. Whether you discover that your wife is a witch or a thief, you cannot divorce her. The only thing that can separate you is death. Even if the woman goes to fornicate, we are told to love and forgive, love will cover the iniquity. Christ said we should forgive 70 times seven times in a day. Can one woman commit adultery 490 times in a day? That is the cardinal point in the teachings of Leader O. O. Obu. Love. That is why he doesn’t get angry even at the abuse and the insults people hurl at him every day.

What do you do when you have sexual urge?
No. I can’t lower my spiritual identity because of that.

Aren’t you tempted at all?
You may be tempted. But the Holy Spirit in you will . . .

But do you sometimes have sexual urge?
I cannot even remember when last I had the urge because that is not my priority any more. So the urge is no longer there because that is the major cause of our problem today. Today, you see the churches packed full with members but the Holy Spirit is not there, because of fornication. So if you know these things will hinder the work of God, why deceiving yourself? Am I a small boy? But can you deceive God? No. You will end up deceiving yourself. Fornication is what has ruined the work of God and we have to stay clear of it if this work has to go on because the field is now wide.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/mar/13/living-03-13-2010-003.htm
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2010
we are all our own God
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by DeepSight(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2010
Why do you call your leader, Olumba Olumba Obu, god almighty when the man himself has said severally that he’s not God?

You might want to address this same question to the deluded Trintarian lot who also insist that a similar fellow who lived in Galilee a while back is also Almighty God.

Good grief.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by jagunlabi(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2010
Big deal.Who isn't a god?We are all the physical manifestations of the one creative life force.Call that life force GOD if you will.Names or titles don't matter anyway.Even a cat is a god.Even an ant is a god.Know ye not that ye are gods?Some folks should learn to eat a humble pie.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by noetic16(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2010
MrPrsdent:

we are all our own God

why use a capital letter "G" to address ur delusion?. . .I suppose u formed urself from the womb. . . .and also created the universe. , right?
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by noetic16(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

You might want to address this same question to the deluded Trintarian lot who also insist that a similar fellow who lived in Galilee a while back is also Almighty God.

Good grief.

your argument holds no water.

1. the God from Galilee was His coming not foretold? was His life not foretold by ancient prophets?

2. why compare the Galileean to Guru? whats the basis of the comparison?
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2010
noetic16:

your argument holds no water.

1. the God from Galilee was His coming not foretold? was His life not foretold by ancient prophets?

Foretelling something is quite another thing altogether from stating that when that thing arrives, it would be the incarnation of Almighty God. Wave Isaiah, and i will address it.

Besides you probably do not know just how many aspects of Jesus' life were deliberately cookd up in a bid to match already existing prophecy and as such claim him to be the messiah. One such is the myth of the virgin birth; a blatant falsehood contrived to defend a pregnancy out of wedlock - which would have meant death by stoning for the mother.

2. why compare the Galileean to Guru? whats the basis of the comparison?

Oh there are plenty of parallels. They both came teaching God and repentance. Thay both outrightly assert that they are not God. Nevertheless both their followres proceed to insist that they are almighty God.

You never know, Olumb Olumba Obu might just be a reincarnation of Jesus from Nazareth.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Foretelling something is quite another thing altogether from stating that when that thing arrives, it would be the incarnation of Almighty God. Wave Isaiah, and i will address it.

Besides you probably do not know just how many aspects of Jesus' life were deliberately cookd up in a bid to match already existing prophecy and as such claim him to be the messiah. One such is the myth of the virgin birth; a blatant falsehood contrived to defend a pregnancy out of wedlock - which would have meant death by stoning for the mother.

Oh there are plenty of parallels. They both came teaching God and repentance. Thay both outrightly assert that they are not God. Nevertheless both their followres proceed to insist that they are almighty God.

You never know, Olumb Olumba Obu might just be a reincarnation of Jesus from Nazareth.

DeepSight, please stop playing cheap here. We've been through this debate once and many times over and you had nothing to show for simple questions presented after your whining have all been dealt with. The last time in karo93's thread were pertinent questions you categorically ignored after the same issues had been dealt with.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by DeepSight(m): 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2010
I cannot recall any such pertinent questions: I invite you to please refer me to them and I will reflect on them sincerely.

How bodi na?
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

I cannot recall any such pertinent questions: I invite you to please refer me to them and I will reflect on them sincerely.

How bodi na?

You have never tried to reflect on anything. Is that same thread by karo93 suddenly gone missing? Please go there and see what you categorically ignored. Also see post #260 where I previously called your attention in bold - {"If you had sought to sanely discuss, what would have prevented you from considering the pointers to the Deity of Christ that have been posted? Why did you categorically ignore all those verses, just as karo93 tried to duck them and then scooted away from the same thread he proposed this argument?"}.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Oh there are plenty of parallels. They both came teaching God and repentance. Thay both outrightly assert that they are not God.

Where did Jesus "assert" that He was not God?

And this is how you keep discourses 'clean' -

Deep Sight:

Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by DeepSight(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
When i state that somebody is deluded that is no insult: it is a diagnosis -

And an eminently objective one, if that person is looking at Olumba Olumba and declaring him to be the Uncaused Cause of all existence.

Because patently there is no discernible difference between the Olumba follower and yourself.

Both of you are worshippers of fellow human beings.

An alarming and regrettable disposition.

I do have a Psychiatrist friend whose attentions you both might require especially as he would render his services to you free of Charge as a favour to me.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

When i state that somebody is deluded that is no insult: it is a diagnosis -

Good. From henceforth, do not take offence at any term I use in diagnosing your predicament. On the same plane, it would not be considered an insult, but simply a 'diagnosis'.

And an eminently objective one, if that person is looking at Olumba Olumba and declaring him to be the Uncaused Cause of all existence.

Is that what Trinitarians have been doing? You're more conceitedly deluded than I had thought - that's just a 'diagnosis'.

Because patently there is no discernible difference between the Olumba follower and yourself.

Nope, there is a huge difference. That was why I had not been taken by surprise by your drama.

Both of you are worshippers of fellow human beings.

Like Olumba Olumba claimed to be at par with Christ in the Scriptures? Are you again smoking what is not in the books??

An alarming and regrettable disposition.

Your loss, not mine.

I do have a Psychiatrist friend whose attentions you both might require especially as he would render his services to you free of Charge as a favour to me.

You've been visiting that psychiatrist friend far too long to have noticed the damage he's done to you. My advice is that you change from his 'free services' and seek proper help for your dementia.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by DeepSight(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2010
Ok! Enjoy ya hypostasis!
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Ok! Enjoy ya hypostasis!

No worries. As long as you mind your own business when it comes to Christians, there'd be no need for me to recommend any 'diagnosis' for you.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2010
havent you heard about the guy from Mexico in the U.S who calls himself Jesus? men these guys are deluded i mean the olumba olumba peeps. dem smoke shit.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2010
You never know, Olumb Olumba Obu might just be a reincarnation of Jesus from Nazareth

why Jesus and not buddha or mohammed?

any particular reason for your analogy?
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by noetic16(m): 12:29am On Mar 14, 2010
Deep Sight:

and why should Isaiah be waved? . . I tot we are trying to be objective here?
on what basis do u assume that olumba is the re-incarnation of God?

There are two distinct things here. . . . .
a. there was an out of wedlock pregnancy. . .no one doubts this.

b. why do u think the husband (Joseph) accepted the holy ghost explanation for the pregnancy? considering the sensitivity of the Jews to blasphemy. . .why did the jews also accept mary's story? why was she not stoned as the law of moses commands?

c. the virgin birth is a spiritual mystery that makes the sacrifice of Jesus acceptable. look at it this way. . .but virture of spiritual protocol every baby born into the world as a seed of adam is naturally a sinner. . . .if Jesus was born as a seed of adam, would he in ur opinion be able to redeem the world from sin?

what form of repentance is olumba teaching? repentance from what? that we all become vegetarians? shocked shocked

and what is the basis of the above statement?. , . .is this another baseless anti-Christ rant?

1 Like

Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by viaro: 8:29am On Mar 14, 2010
noetic16:

what form of repentance is olumba teaching? repentance from what? that we all become vegetarians? shocked shocked

Hehehe ... any resemblance is okay for DeepSight. grin
Nevermind that the same Olumba Olumba Obu is reckoned to have said that "Our Lord Jesus Christ Is Omnipresent". Not that I fancy anything Olumba Olumba teaches, for his theology is often times unbalanced and not even according to God's Word.

and what is the basis of the above statement?. , . .is this another baseless anti-Christ rant?

It has always been - if you've been following his posts on Christianity.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by jayriginal: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
Interesting read. Olumba has as much right as anyone else to call himself God.
Re: The OLUMBA OLUMBA Story - Why He’s god by benodic: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
It is every soul's destiny to become Godlike. If instead of working hard to develop your God qualities, you are busy promoting someone who is developing his or her own then you have missed the whole point of your existence in the lower worlds.

(1) (Reply)

Where Was Daniel? / mm / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.