Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? (682 Views)

Wordpress Vs React.js Which Is Better? / Wordpress Vs Blogger , Why Wordpress Is Better Off Blogger / Wordpress Vs Review: Which Is The Best For SEO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Gomorrah1000: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
Some say (blogger) managed by google is the best blogging platform because of the free domain and hosting, however others say WordPress is also a cms platform and can be used by different agencies.

WordPress looks amazing but it either you host which doesn't allow adsense as a method of earning.

So you have to use a WordPress.org which is a open software but requires a good web host.

Yes they are quite some reliable web host but aren't cheap.

So, dear nairalanders what blogging platform would have chosen and why
#BLOGGERVSWORDPRESS

Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Manager08: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hi Gomorrah, we appreciate the fact that you think we can give answer(s) to your questions, however, we cannot, as most of us are here to catch fun and we don't know blogging. Furthermore, we are most certain that our brothers and sisters on Twitter will give you a befitting response.

Best regards
Manager
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Gomorrah1000: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
thanks
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by sKy007: 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
If you have a fat budget and you are planning far for your blog, get a good host on WordPress

But if you don't want downtime or slow server wahala with all these low cost crappy hosts, then go for Blogger and have peace of mind
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Gomorrah1000: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
thanks @sky007
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by IamShiningStar(f): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
good topic! pls come in, we wanna hear n learn from you oo.

cc
Pauljumbo
moltah
bedfordjg
matizzy
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by pauljumbo: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
Any of them is ok

You are the most important part of your blog

If you are ready to blog and promote your content daily any of the blogging software is ok

But for newbies I will advice blogger because the technicalities of WordPress might be distraction from blogging daily as a beginner.
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Gomorrah1000: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
thanks to you all
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by IamShiningStar(f): 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
pauljumbo:
Any of them is ok

You are the most important part of your blog

If you are ready to blog and promote your content daily any of the blogging software is ok

But for newbies I will advice blogger because the technicalities of WordPress might be distraction from blogging daily as a beginner.

thank you!
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
I love being the boss and managing the two grin
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by adeptniyi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Blogger comes with free traffic, one of my blogs with custom domain had 18k page views in the first month by activating the auto share to gplus, on WordPress i f your seo implementaion is not sound enough any your web is slow-loading or not mobile friendly then it may take forever to get visitors to come read your blog.

My verdict:

Day 1 start with blogger/

Day 2 add custom domain to blogger or

Then continue blogging on blogger for the next 100 days before you fijially move to WordPress.

When you move remember to implement carefully your 301 redirection from and set your WordPress permalink to be same as , also add the ending .HTML to your URL on WordPress to keep your SEO efforts

1 Like

Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by adeptniyi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by adeptniyi(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Gomorrah1000: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2017
which has a better seo value even if the person isn't techy
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by IamShiningStar(f): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2017
adeptniyi:
Blogger comes with free traffic, one of my blogs with custom domain had 18 page views in the first by activation auto share to gplus, on WordPress i f your seo implementaion is not sound enough any your web is slow-loading or not mobile friendly then it may take forever to get visitors to come read your blog.

My verdict:

Then continue blogging on blogger for the next 100 days before you fijially move to WordPress.

When you move remember to implement carefully your 301 redirection from and set your WordPress permalink to be same as , also add the ending .HTML to your URL on WordPress to keep your SEO efforts
wow!
thanks.
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by stevespack(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2017
Hosted adsense for sell contact me on 07033858779
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by lgboks(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
adeptniyi:
Blogger comes with free traffic, one of my blogs with custom domain had 18 page views in the first by activation auto share to gplus, on WordPress i f your seo implementaion is not sound enough any your web is slow-loading or not mobile friendly then it may take forever to get visitors to come read your blog.

My verdict:

lovely advice
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by opportunihub: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
lgboks:
lovely advice

Can You Check Out My Website? What platform Do You Think I used?

Check It Let me know what you think. Meanwhile, I am available to assist 100 persons set up their own blogs under this agreement
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Sanchez01: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
One of the most horrible mistakes newbies make when it comes to blogging is setting out to wordpress.org after buying the necessary hosting plans as well as domain name for their blogs.

The truth is, both platforms are amazing but Blogger is just about the best for several reasons which I would list below;

Blogger

The Pros
1. Setting up a blog on blogger can be done in the space of five minutes at no cost.
2. The Google+ share automatically makes your blog reach out to unsuspecting audience in no time.
3. You don't have to worry about hosting as Google would take care of that.
4. The site hosts a plethora of free templates, so bloggers can customize their viewers’ experience and create a visual presence that keeps their brand consistent.
5. The site is also extremely reliable. Blogger’s upgrades are seamless, and the site is rarely down for maintenance or due to other issues, such as hackers.
6. Many users also love that they can connect their Blogger account to their Google Adsense and Analytics accounts for seamless tracking.

The Cons
1. Blogger does not offer a lot of options for more advanced bloggers. You shouldn't worry though, if you are starting out.
2. Many bloggers complain (both novice and advanced) about losing their template customizations. While the simple interface is attractive to novice bloggers, many professional and advanced bloggers complain about the lack of high-end features and more advanced options.
3. The features are also limited, and many bloggers complain about the post editing options and minimal comments options.

Wordpress

The Pros (By Wordpress, I am actually referring to the .org Wordpress and not its .com version.)
1. Total control over your blog, particularly when it comes to design, feel, texture among a host of other things.
2. While Blogger primarily uses Adsense, Wordpress' gives more autonomy to make money from blogging via various advertising and affiliate marketing platforms schemes.
3. You will also have your own domain name which will look more professional than a .com sub-domain which you can get from blogger.
4. Wordpress, without a doubt, enjoys more technical support than Blogger. Almost every technical issue plaguing bloggers who use Wordpress have been answered severally and answers can easily be sourced for in no time.

The Cons
1. The technical requirements required to run a self-hosted WordPress blog are a little more advanced than those required for a platform such as Blogger.
2. You will also need to pay for hosting.
3. Most newbies often times run into the hands of desperate host sellers who offer far-from-reality hosting services which could in turn be frustrating, all thanks to server downtimes.

Note: You can get a customised domain name (brandname.com) for your blog on Blogger if you are not comfortable using .blogspost.com. Interestingly, you would not spend up to $14 (5000) in getting a .com domain name and that should sort it. A misconception is that Blogger has more SEO strengths than Wordpress. This is not true. Your site's SEO strength, whether on Blogger or Wordpress.org largely depends on how your blog is equipped or setup. For starters, avoid sharing your blog name with a popular, established brand or company.

1 Like

Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Politicalapathy: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Are you willing to know more about digital marketing then this product is for you.

Click the link to get the product

http://23187432.webbzrulestr.c2strack.com/?checkout
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
i need someone that will help me out on or wordpress please add me on www.fb.com/stevbless
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by adeptniyi(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sanchez01:
One of the most horrible mistakes newbies make when it comes to blogging is setting out to wordpress.org after buying the necessary hosting plans as well as domain name for their blogs.

The truth is, both platforms are amazing but Blogger is just about the best for several reasons which I would list below;

Blogger

The Pros
1. Setting up a blog on blogger can be done in the space of five minutes at no cost.
2. The Google+ share automatically makes your blog reach out to unsuspecting audience in no time.
3. You don't have to worry about hosting as Google would take care of that.
4. The site hosts a plethora of free templates, so bloggers can customize their viewers’ experience and create a visual presence that keeps their brand consistent.
5. The site is also extremely reliable. Blogger’s upgrades are seamless, and the site is rarely down for maintenance or due to other issues, such as hackers.
6. Many users also love that they can connect their Blogger account to their Google Adsense and Analytics accounts for seamless tracking.

The Cons
1. Blogger does not offer a lot of options for more advanced bloggers. You shouldn't worry though, if you are starting out.
2. Many bloggers complain (both novice and advanced) about losing their template customizations. While the simple interface is attractive to novice bloggers, many professional and advanced bloggers complain about the lack of high-end features and more advanced options.
3. The features are also limited, and many bloggers complain about the post editing options and minimal comments options.

Wordpress

The Pros (By Wordpress, I am actually referring to the .org Wordpress and not its .com version.)
1. Total control over your blog, particularly when it comes to design, feel, texture among a host of other things.
2. While Blogger primarily uses Adsense, Wordpress' gives more autonomy to make money from blogging via various advertising and affiliate marketing platforms schemes.
3. You will also have your own domain name which will look more professional than a .com sub-domain which you can get from blogger.
4. Wordpress, without a doubt, enjoys more technical support than Blogger. Almost every technical issue plaguing bloggers who use Wordpress have been answered severally and answers can easily be sourced for in no time.

The Cons
1. The technical requirements required to run a self-hosted WordPress blog are a little more advanced than those required for a platform such as Blogger.
2. You will also need to pay for hosting.
3. Most newbies often times run into the hands of desperate host sellers who offer far-from-reality hosting services which could in turn be frustrating, all thanks to server downtimes.

Note: You can get a customised domain name (brandname.com) for your blog on Blogger if you are not comfortable using .blogspost.com. Interestingly, you would not spend up to $14 (5000) in getting a .com domain name and that should sort it. A misconception is that Blogger has more SEO strengths than Wordpress. This is not true. Your site's SEO strength, whether on Blogger or Wordpress.org largely depends on how your blog is equipped or setup. For starters, avoid sharing your blog name with a popular, established brand or company.

I domt mean to say blogger is better than WordPress for seo. In fact I have a blogger blog that I was forced to move away to WordPress because Google refused to index it.

But if you use blogger you will know it's magical, whatever post I publish on blogger I get 10 to 20 page views immediately on the spot, then I have an update blog, by that time I publish up to 20 updates per day which means 400 pageviews per day.

But on Wordpress if your seo strategy is not well implemented and may be your niche is competitive, it may be hard for you to get a single pageview in months.

I have been there. I used to start all my blogs on blogger for the first 3 months once I have gained substantial following I move away to WordPress with extra customization.
Re: WORDPRESS VS BLOGGER: Dear Nairalanders, Which One Would You Have Chosen?? by sdotnet: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello blogger in the building
New and fresh
UK Adsense available for sale...
USA Adsense available for sale...
*10* Naija Adsense available for sale.....
All unverified and non hosted
Inbox for deal Call /whatsapp me on 08101833546

(1) (Reply)

SEO For A Phpbb Forum / SEO For / Do you need extra income or you a graduate seeking for Job This for you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.