Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:50 PM

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (41638 Views)

Davido: How I Got Nas To Record A Verse On My Album (video) / M.I Abaga Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / M.I Abaga Comes For Ycee Who Shared Negative Story About His Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Sgttanner: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
how did you know.. Are you wiz kid or his manager...abi una dey chop together

5 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Abfinest007(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2017
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Ugo4hotish(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2017
atilla:
Paying a foreign artist 50k for a verse?
is nas a foreigner? he's a fellow Nigerian and thank God he's not IGBO
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by don4real18(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Na u be him PA abi
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DJperdurabo: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
The financial aspect of a lot of these deals are worked out by the artists' business departments and record labels. Lot of financial shenanigans go in behind the scenes.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
grin
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin
Even our own Airforce1 of Nairaland can say that, and he could be paid in THANKS.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Ugo4hotish(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
Sgttanner:
how did you know.. Are you wiz kid or his manager...abi una dey chop together

thank you
help me ask the idiot.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MEILYN(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2017
90% of nairalanders don't read before they comment. The article didn't say collaboration, it said something else which you guys didn't see. They wanted Nas to mention M.I's name on a verse on his own song and not a collaboration. Lmao, 3 Years ago though, all these artists and fake life. M.I wanted to tell the whole world that Nas knows and recognizes him. Imagine if you listened to a song from Nas and you hear M.I's name, won't you be very happy that a rapper like Nas recognized M.I?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Uyi168: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2017
Ac milan are such a useless team..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2017
$50k for a foreign artiste jus one verse?
Emancipate ursef from mental slavery, non but awasef can free awa mind,
have no fear for atomic energy,cos non of dem can stop d time tho...
no b ma money, mk i shut up eat ma rice jeje

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Kobicove(m): 8:46am On Oct 20, 2017
So they have this type of money to burn just cos they want to feature and American act undecided
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by mikeweezy(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:
say who get ur fact
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by policy12: 8:47am On Oct 20, 2017
atilla:
Paying a foreign artist 50k for a verse?

Bros you forget the $ $ign?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Sgttanner: 8:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Ugo4hotish:

thank you
help me ask the idiot.
lol...no mind the idiot... Typing rubbish because data is cheap

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 20, 2017
M.I... LMFAO What a joker

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by ikorodureporta: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2017
cheesy
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Adaumunocha(f): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2017
50k for verse??

Lemme continue with my breakfast biko

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by mightiersa: 8:52am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

What do think is the reason Drake did not show in Come closer video?... If I pay the guy GOOD MONEY, he will feature in my wack song.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by udemzyudex(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin

Apart from the lyrics, he didn't include what they wanted him to, that's why they are suing him.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by 2shure: 8:53am On Oct 20, 2017
Hmmm
I must say
Short blac dude
Don turn maye
Wich way
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by victorazyvictor(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
M. I. plz if you've gotten much money to waste, plz go to your village and build town hall for them.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Proffdada: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
itchie:
$50,000? Shiiiit!!!! Abeg who dey find person wey go drop verse for him song. Contact me o, dropping verses on songs is my hubby.
you must be a good wife

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by abashi47(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2017
yep our artists pay high for collaborations. just that we don't get to here it, music is business.. m.I pays Nas, another dude pays M.I.. that's how it goes.. sometimes international collaboration makes u get international shows.. and u know that's huge huge cash

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by samtes(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2017
Factfinder1:
17.5 million naira just to feature somebody how much does an artist make in a whole album.... People get mind sha....the bible in the book of proverbs says your talent will bring your riches....see how much nas was paid just for a song that won't last 4munites just to hype m.I and his label....poverty is indeed a bastard I must make money
just dont go and do resual mehn
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by toastedbread: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2017
he paid a legend for a verse. that's how it's done.

before you criticise, how much did davido pay meek mill when they did a song?

in the music scene, you pay to get a verse from a bigger rapper except the bigger man likes you and stones it in for free.

4 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by SirLakes: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2017
WTF!
50k dolls for a verse

Arrrrg!
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by toastedbread: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise

dead long? you wrong man.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Blackhawk01: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2017
Proffdada:
you must be a good wife

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy

Be nice, will ya? tongue
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by SalamRushdie: 9:01am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:

NAS is a rap legend so having him on track is a big deal for any rapper and especially MI

4 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by toastedbread: 9:01am On Oct 20, 2017
DJperdurabo:
The financial aspect of a lot of these deals are worked out by the artists' business departments and record labels. Lot of financial shenanigans go in behind the scenes.

like when tupac wanted to leave knight and suge brought his record book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Celebrities And Fans Hail Cossy Orjiakor For Dancing With Her Massive Boobs / Enisa Adopts Eniola As Her Nigerian Name After Falling In Love With Nigeria / Daniella Okeke Or Regina Daniel, Who Rocked The Snake Cloth Best? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.