Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Writing Test - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Test (1699 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Test by Mynd44: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2017
Let me do some writing today too.

Jane walks into a store around 9pm tired from working her evening shift and didnt have the strength to cook that night, all she wanted to do was to buy something she could microwave, eat, curl her lovely sef into her bed and allow the bliss of sleep take her but until then, she needed this stop. She walks the shelfs in her slippers which didn't exactly go with her black skirt; the heels are in her bag, after walking around for almost 7 hours, it had become more of a chore than fashion. Bleep being attractive or whatever look she loved.

She just needed eggs now and as she got close to where the eggs were, she noticed a lone figure down the aisle, in a hat, and jacket just hanging in the dark suspiciously. Her mind did a backflip but it was a store, the store keeper always kept a gun(thanks to the NRA). So she got some confidence to go for her eggs. When she got close, the figure mumbled a barely audible "good evening" and "nice slip ons". She reached for the eggs and minded her business.

"Men, they will never learn not to attack women. Who told hin I wanted to be complimented?" she huffed to herself as she made her way out of the shop and into the dark street.

She had barely walked 5 blocks when something told her to look back and she saw him. That same hat, that stature. The man is following her! She panicked, and doubled her walk, pulled out her phone, opened twitter and sent a quick tweet "this man just saw me at a convenience store and is trying to attack me. I am being followed!!! #Help"

The man seemed to maintain just the right distance between them, she was scared now, worried and appetite well lost. Then a hand grabbed her from a corner. She couldn't scream but the man was still behind her so this was a new threat or worse, they worked together.

Now she is looking at a shinnig knife held by a girl with freckles and trying to look brave. She was flagged by two girls both seeming as dangeros and disturbed as the girl with the knife

"Take off your ear rings amd drop your purse or I will stick you good" came from her attackers. She dropped the purse, her food and shoe fell out, she starts to struggle with her ear rings.

"Nice slippers" came another other girl "we will take em too"

And then from behind, she hears a deep voice

"Katherine, Kelly, Joyce……how many times will I warn you not to bother people on this block?"

Jane all turned and she found herself looking at the same face from the store trying to give her a reassuring smile

She turned around and saw that they attackers had run off leaving her with the man in the hat.

"Thank you" she mumbled as she saw him go down and starts packing her bag back.

"I live down the street he says; I can walk you, this neighborhood is not what it used to be"

20 minutes later, she said bye to him at the door, she dropped her bag and took out her phone from her purse to see 5 missed calls from John, the cleaner at work who saw her tweet, 1 message from her boss reminding her to finish up the assignment he gave her and 5673 retweets to her tweet about being in danger. Funny she though, "none of these people even tried to call the police or call me to see if I was fine".

John just walked Jane home and was heading to his house when he felt a sharp pain in his side and a knock to his head. A knife had been embedded there in his side

He turned to see his attacker(s) but only saw three figures running into the dark alleys. John laid in his own pool of blood for an hour before the police found him struggling for his life and took him to the hospital.

Jane is asleep right now
John is recovering well in the hospital
Jane's tweet now has 21k retweets……

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Writing Test by Mynd44: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2017
I ned title suggestions
Re: Writing Test by Alphasoar(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2017
The Slippery Path wink wink wink
Re: Writing Test by Lordave: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2017
After the Dark

Shadows in the Dark

Whatever mehn, but a nice piece.
Let me read again.
Re: Writing Test by Silensa(m): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2017
Unprotected protector........... The slip on .

Just my head deceiving me
Re: Writing Test by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Mynd44 she tried that night, she suppose cook any kind of food she wants, indomie and water, indomie and oile, fish and indomie or fried beans. grin
Re: Writing Test by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Great work @OP.
Re: Writing Test by meneski(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Creeping-Hood
Re: Writing Test by hazan041(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2017
nice piece
Re: Writing Test by jomagibs: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
Akin's shadow..
Re: Writing Test by ritababe(f): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
nice piece
Re: Writing Test by LalasticSeun(f): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
Mynd44:
I ned title suggestions

Jane and John grin
Re: Writing Test by Edopesin: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Silensa:
Unprotected protector........... The slip on .

Just my head deceiving me

uhr head deceiving yhu big time

1 Like

Re: Writing Test by MichaelBlake40: 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
My own:The protector's saga The travail of friendship.
Re: Writing Test by Flexherbal(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2017
The good Samaritan!
Re: Writing Test by Mynd44: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2017
Alphasoar:
The Slippery Path wink wink wink
Thabks but……doesnt quite catch it

1 Like

Re: Writing Test by Mynd44: 11:03am On Oct 21, 2017
Lordave:
After the Dark

Shadows in the Dark

Whatever mehn, but a nice piece.
Let me read again.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Writing Test by Mynd44: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2017
Quoting everyone to thank them will make the thread somehow. Let me just type a filler
Re: Writing Test by Mynd44: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2017
Earlier…………

George had ran the shop for close to 20 years. The shop was actually his grand father's and when Old Man Tucker died 5 years ago, George simply took over. His own father had been a no-show after getting his mum pregnant. His life history was a long dark history of close shaves with the law, 2 divorces, childlessness and contentment in the shop he had.

He had seen the woman stuggle with the door as she entered and he immediately knew her type; career woman, possibly single, has a child, but she looked the type that doesn't cook anything. It was not his business, he just wanted the two cutomers left to leave so he could close up and go watch the NFL game showing.

He saw the woman shy away from the man in the hat but he didnt think much of it until she paid, walked out and the man walked out after her but coincidence he thought.

George took his phone to see what tike the game will start and he opened his twitter app. The first thing on his Timeline was a retweet about a lady scared of being mollested by a stranger. He opened the profile of the user and he saw the face of the woman who just left and it hit him. The man in the hat must have followed her and is about to………Oh Hera!

He dialed the police and told them the tweet about a lady in danger was from his neighborhood and they promised to send someone along to investigate. Quickly, he went through his CCTV, froze a frame, took a picture of the face of the man in the hat and replied the tweet

"This is a picture of the mollester, I hope it helps"

Officer Bob didnt think much of the tweet when he first saw it but when the call came in giving him a possibly location, he turned his squad car around and drove in possible rescue of the distressing damsel. He got into the street and slowed down, looking around trying to catch a glimpse of something or anything out of the ordinary but nothing seemed strange until he saw a body along the road.

His initial thought was that the body was that of an homeless person but then against, something was off about the way he laid on the pavement. He pulled up, walked towards the body and he heard a groan.

"Oh great. Not he is probably drunk and snoring" He walked closer and stepped into something viscous. He stopped, looked down and noticed it was blood.

"Oh crap". He pulled out his radio, was speaking it when he noticed a shinny object protruding from the body. Not too far from the body was a hat that looked like that of the picture of the suspected mollester.

While he stood beside the body, citizen X was attracted by the sight of the police car, came closer and saw the body.

"Stand back" Bob said while the citizen pulled out a phone and took pictures of the body, blood and hat.

2 minutes later, a tweet ran out saying "Man in hat attacks woman and got stabbed by her"

He added the pictures he took, Jane's profile picture and John's picture which George uploaded.

Jane is still sleeping
John is recovering

Citizen X's tweet has 116k retweets and is sparking debates all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Writing Test by chillychill(f): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
Wow! Am waiting for more biko
Re: Writing Test by DiamondBright: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
cool
Re: Writing Test by zaymoh: 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Maybe the title could be "Mistaken Identity" or "Just One Tweet"
Re: Writing Test by EmperorLee(m): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2017
Lol. Not bad at all smiley

More ?
Re: Writing Test by illicit(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2017
nice piece @mynd44 The Follower will be an appropriate title. I know you grab it
Re: Writing Test by mattiecute(f): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2018
Woow our own mod is a writer.
Really nice write up u got there

U could use twisted turn of fate or just twisted fate if u haven't gotten one yet
Re: Writing Test by Fmartin(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mynd44:
I ned title suggestions
nice one mhen..

"The black night"
Re: Writing Test by olaolutreasure(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hmmm... Let's try, ''A story untold' or 'The Game Of The Black Night' or perhaps 'The Black Night And The Tweet'
Re: Writing Test by Juliusij(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mynd44:
I ned title suggestions
I sent you an email please reply

(1) (Reply)

THE MARKED - White Sight: The Inbetween -- Sneak Peek / Story Title : SPARE PARTS By Mc Gbishan / Car Trouble (21+) A Short S**x Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.