Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,456 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (246 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For APRIL 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THEME: THE DOMINION OF CHRIST.

20th October 2017

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

OPENING SCRIPTURE: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth (Matthew 28:18).

The Lord Jesus Christ has the dominion over all things, including men, angels, and demons; things in heaven, on earth and under the earth are subject to Jesus, and must obey His voice. As His representatives and ambassadors here on earth, He has in turn given us dominion over all things. He exercises His authority today through us—His Church—which is His body.

Ephesians 1:21, talking about the resurrected Christ, tells us that He’s seated in the heavenly realms, “Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age {and} in this world, but also in the world which are to come ” (AMPC). Here, the word “rule,” means two things: first, it means the authority that governs, and secondly, it means the decrees by which they govern. It refers to rulership and its rules. So, it makes no difference what rule has been made, Jesus is far above all rule. Notice that He’s set, not just above, or near above, but FAR above all rule. Hallelujah!

And then Philippians 2:9-11 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” The Church really hasn’t used the Name of Jesus as it ought to. That Name opens every door. In His Name, you have power to cast out devils, tame the forces of nature, and mobilise angels to minister for you.

Christ has brought us into a life of extraordinary dominion. We’re not victims, but victors in this world. The Bible says, “…as he is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). We function in His stead. He gave us the right, the power of attorney to act in His place! Whatever you declare in His Name, He makes it happen. Stop crying and begging God to do something about your case. Use the Name of Jesus! Exercise dominion over the circumstances of your life today, and always be victorious.

PRAYER.
Precious Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the power of attorney to act in your stead . I take full advantage of the authority you've given me to put a stop to every evil work around me, declaring and insisting that your will alone prevails in my life and circumstances. Amen .

FURTHER STUDY: Luke 10:19 Mark 16:17

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Timothy 2:1-15 Jeremiah 7-8

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:52-60 2 Kings 6

(1) (Reply)

TITHE And TEMPLE TAX / Vessels: How Prepared? / Look To Jesus And See Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.