Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child (8033 Views)

Why I Pray To God Before I Sleep With Other People’s Wives - Male Ashawo / A Hooker Wants To Birth My First Child. I Told Her No. / Woman Pictured Applying Makeup On Her Hospital Bed Shortly After Giving Birth.a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
Rukkydelta:
Like the male gender is a saint
If you like you can live your life continuing bashing the opposite sex
If you think the female gender is immoral and no good, please dissociate your self from us.
Don't associate with any female. It's a free world make friends and relate with your own gender
You reason without logic, sorry to say.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
pocohantas:
If we start looking at the ills of both gender, I can also say...I don't want to have male kids. I can't imagine raising a potential rapist or rapist apologist, paedophile, armed robber, kidnapper, drug dealer or addict, ritualist, patroniser of call girls, gigolo...I can't even imagine my son giving a girl money for abortion...etc. We all won't have kids.

A professor gave some students a white paper tainted in a little black just at the centre. He asked what they first saw, and they all said the black paint. That's humans, they see that deformity first...myself inclusive. This is exactly what you're doing.

Do your best to train up your kids in a good way, by words and actions. Show them good examples and bad too. Focus on the positive and be hopeful.
You have a point, why I emphasized on girls is because guys can always get away with their actions, I'm not appraising them but the society has made it so, same cannot be said of girls.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
That is the exact point I'm trying to explain to them, males can get away with it but same can't be said of women reason for my fears, the society is already biased in that angle.

It's a no-brainer...na so e go dey be
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
That is the exact point I'm trying to explain to them, males can get away with it but same can't be said of women reason for my fears, the society is already biased in that angle.

Because of people like you undecided

Besides who is society

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by pocohantas(f): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
You have a point, why I emphasized on girls is because guys can always get away with their actions, I'm not appraising them but the society has made it so, same cannot be said of girls.

No one can get away with their actions. Guys don't get away with anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
pocohantas:

No one can get away with their actions. Guys don't get away with anything.

Exactly! Don't mind op. Let's take a visit to the prison and you'll know what he's blabbing is nonsense. He wants girls/daughters like Chimamanda Adichie, yet women like her won't even give him a second glance due to his misogynistic beliefs.

If he has a girl and she turns out to be his worst nightmare, then it's because she has a father like him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by pocohantas(f): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Exactly! Don't mind op. Let's take a visit to the prison and you'll know what he's blabbing is nonsense. He wants girls/daughters like Chimamanda Adichie, yet women like her won't even give him a second glance due to his misogynistic beliefs.

If he has a girl and she turns out to be his worst nightmare, then it's because she has a father like him.

LOL. Leave them...
They are always concerned with the wrongdoings of females, forgetting that they commit most crimes.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Because of people like you undecided

Besides who is society

Don't mind him, hiding behind society as if he isn't part of society. What has he done to change the way society acts towards such things, nothing, only to sit somewhere and wish he won't have a female child.

I wonder what he means by men get away with it?
I'm assuming pregnancy like someone pointed out to me.
the only reason men "get away with it" is because men like him, most men, keep repeating this mantra that men can get away with it, men can get away with it, they keep saying it, they also say it to the young ones, then the young ones grow up with the mentality that men can get away with it and women can't, continuing the cycle, and the society keeps moving on like that.

They can break it and stop this cycle of men can get away with any thing.
create a society where if a man gets a woman pregnant he must be involved in her life and the life of the child, through pregnancy and labor, and for the rest of the child's life, nothing like leaving the baby with the mother, the man watches the child, the same way the woman would watch the child, if the man is too busy to be able to give attention to the child, he has to cut down on work or school the way the woman would have to cut down on either if she couldn't combine the 2, but no, they won't fight for a society like that, rather they will sit down and say men can get away with it because society is biased like that, just because it benefits them that society is like that.

Instead of him to look for how to create a better society by raising good kids, both male and female, he wants to raise good females and anyhow males because"men can get away with it". I wonder how he thinks it will work out.

So much pressure on the female child. While the male is allowed to roam free and do whatever, that's why you see nonsense such as victim blaming and rape apologists.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:

Don't mind him, hiding behind society as if he isn't part of society. What has he done to change the way society acts towards such things, nothing, only to sit somewhere and wish he won't have a female child.

the only reason men "get away with it" is because men like him, most men, keep repeating this mantra that men can get away with it, men can get away with it, they keep saying it, they also say it to the young ones, then the young ones grow up with the mentality that men can get away with it and women can't, continuing the cycle, and the society keeps moving on like that.

create a society where if a man gets a woman pregnant he must be involved in her life and the life of the child, through pregnancy and labor, and for the rest of the child's life, nothing like leaving the baby with the mother, the man watches the child, the same way the woman would watch the child, if the man is too busy to be able to give attention to the child, he has to cut down on work or school the way the woman would have to cut down on either if she couldn't combine the 2, but no, they won't fight for a society like that, rather they will sit down and say men can get away with it because society is biased like that, just because it benefits them that society is like that.

Instead of him to look for how to create a better society by raising good kids, both male and female, he wants to raise good females and anyhow males because"men can get away with it". I wonder how he thinks it will work out.

So much pressure on the female child. While the male is allowed to roam free and do whatever, that's why you see nonsense such as victim blaming and rape apologists.

Honestly, you've said it all. They all act as if society doesn't involve each of us. We all make society up, there is simply no society without us.

But then again, we are all individuals with different beliefs. We can't all fit into a box and that's what they are always trying to do. Coming up with "society rules" people have to follow and I ask myself "WHO TF IS SOCIETY?!" It's been personified tiiiiimes without number, turned into a "human being", who might kill if you don't live by its "principles".

What's worse is, those ridiculous standards are always against girls. Failing to realise we are human beings first before any gender. There's nothing a man or a woman can do, that the opposite sex can't. And sometimes, it might really be the case but then BOTH genders are involved, just like sex.

Just imagine this senseless post of the op. He's been brought up in a way that even his common sense is flawed. Thinking logically is now such a huge problem to him, all just because he's been brought up, to thinking "Girls are always at fault".

His ridiculous arguments of not wanting have girls involve the opposite sex. I mean they can't all be lesbians, can they? How or why he thinks he's still making sense baffles me. Then coming up with a ridiculous excuse of society being too harsh blablabla. He has already failed as a parent if he brings his kids up to NOT being capable of reasoning themselves, but letting others =society do the reasoning for them.

Then he goes ahead and mentions Chimamanda Adichie! What an insult! Would she have been who she is today, if she had let "society" rule over her and tell her what to do?!

5 Likes

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by johnson232: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
@bold Not entirely true...Rather blame it on nature
Women will always be at the receiving end because of their biological & physical formation. Not because the society is baised. For example if a boy & a girl engage in premarital sex & unwanted pregnancy comes up, the boy can peacefully continue with his education with ease, but same can't be said for the girl child, not until after nine months? Even after the nine months, she will still need couple of months to reccuperate. Again, the female child is more vulnerable when we talk about rape, if a lady rape a boy or a boy rape a lady, the lady will be the one to bear the brunt if something untoward should happen. Remember there is no way to confirm a boy's virginity physically, but same can't be said for girls, remember menopause is there if a girl is living a non decent life that will scare suitors away.....These are few of the issues that has made the society & family to place so much restriction on the girl child, because they are more vulnerable, not because the society is baised.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by DniggaJoe(m): 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na people like you GOD dey give 4 girls. undecidedNa people like you GOD dey give 4 girls.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Took a young girl we found on facebook eight years ago, her mum didn't want her, and her dad had nothing to live on..( Not rich, but felt what she would eat won't kill us ) with sound morals and grooming, the number of people hunting to take her is at least 8 including the pastor of her church...I really don't know why people just want to take and not invest...With just seven years of sound training, she's the envy of the church...
Abeg keep kwayet.
You too dey make mouth.
I'm sure half of the things you write on Nairaland are your fantasies.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
E no easy to be female.
Person go sit down for him house type anything wey dey him mind and you go just dey obligated to respond.
Like a sis honour code or something.

I hail una resilience.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
E no easy to be female.
Person go sit down for him house type anything wey dey him mind and you go just dey obligated to respond.
Like a sis honour code or something.

I hail una resilience.

Are you for us or you are against? sad

Never mind, you are against
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
KevinDein:

Truth be told, the consequences of immortality in males and females is not the same. So many teen girls impregnated by teen boys have had their education delayed and the entire course of their lives derailed. Also, abortions which place the lives of the participants at risk are done on women not men. Now while the girl child is exposed to all the above risks, the boy child responsible for this pregnancy can move on with life as if nothing ever happened. We've seen these scenarios played out over and over again.

Now even though I do not agree with the op as I'd really love to have a daughter, I can understand his fears
This is the conclusion of the whole matter.
It is what the rabid feminists on Nairaland and beyond fail to grasp. The consequences are not the same for both parties.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by johnson232: 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
KevinDein:

Truth be told, the consequences of immortality in males and females is not the same. So many teen girls impregnated by teen boys have had their education delayed and the entire course of their lives derailed. Also, abortions which place the lives of the participants at risk are done on women not men. Now while the girl child is exposed to all the above risks, the boy child responsible for this pregnancy can move on with life as if nothing ever happened. We've seen these scenarios played out over and over again.

Now even though I do not agree with the op as I'd really love to have a daughter, I can understand his fears
You have said it all
Just saw this now
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by johnson232: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
DniggaJoe:
Na people like you GOD dey give 4 girls. undecidedNa people like you GOD dey give 4 girls.
Lol
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Abeg keep kwayet.
You too dey make mouth.
I'm sure half of the things you write on Nairaland are your fantasies.

Frustrated...Kikiki

Carry your frustration away abeg
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Honestly, you've said it all. They all act as if society doesn't involve each of us. We all make society up, there is simply no society without us.

But then again, we are all individuals with different beliefs. We can't all fit into a box and that's what they are always trying to do. Coming up with "society rules" people have to follow and I ask myself "WHO TF IS SOCIETY?!" It's been personified tiiiiimes without number, turned into a "human being", who might kill if you don't live by its "principles".

What's worse is, those ridiculous standards are always against girls. Failing to realise we are human beings first before any gender. There's nothing a man or a woman can do, that the opposite sex can't. And sometimes, it might really be the case but then BOTH genders are involved, just like sex.

Just imagine this senseless post of the op. He's been brought up in a way that even his common sense is flawed. Thinking logically is now such a huge problem to him, all just because he's been brought up, to thinking "Girls are always at fault".

His ridiculous arguments of not wanting have girls involve the opposite sex. I mean they can't all be lesbians, can they? How or why he thinks he's still making sense baffles me. Then coming up with a ridiculous excuse of society being too harsh blablabla. He has already failed as a parent if he brings his kids up to NOT being capable of reasoning themselves, but letting others =society do the reasoning for them.

Then he goes ahead and mentions Chimamanda Adichie! What an insult! Would she have been who she is today, if she had let "society" rule over her and tell her what to do?!

Read what johnson232 said, I won't waste my time no more trying to explain the same thing over and over again simply because your slow brain refused to gasp. Keep living in your utopian world, don't face the reality of Nature and The Nigerian society. I would take your insults but making illogical statements and arguments is what I find a hard pill to swallow.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:

Read what johnson232 said, I won't waste my time no more trying to explain the same thing over and over again simply because your slow brain refused to gasp. Keep living in your utopian world, don't face the reality of Nature and The Nigerian society. I would take your insults but making illogical statements and arguments is what I find a hard pill to swallow.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
[s]Read what johnson232 said, I won't waste my time no more trying to explain the same thing over and over again simply because your slow brain refused to gasp. Keep living in your utopian world, don't face the reality of Nature and The Nigerian society. I would take your insults but making illogical statements and arguments is what I find a hard pill to swallow. [/s]

This is the first time you are quoting and you are talking of explaining grin

Since you've decided to turn gay, because unfortunately it's a woman who will give you your sons, we can talk about how hot Neymar is grin

3 Likes

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
[s]Read what johnson232 said, I won't waste my time no more trying to explain the same thing over and over again simply because your slow brain refused to gasp. Keep living in your utopian world, don't face the reality of Nature and The Nigerian society. I would take your insults but making illogical statements and arguments is what I find a hard pill to swallow.[/s]

Stop being pained,

Learn how to stop being a misogynist, then after that. Take Raggedyann advice on this thread,

Trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

This is the first time you are quoting and you are talking of explaining grin

Since you've decided to turn gay, because unfortunately it's a woman who will give you your sons, we can talk about how hot Neymar is grin
Lol Maybe not you, but just read some other replies. Biko I'm no gay o, I want to talk about how hot you are instead.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
MTCHWWW. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Marcelo290(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:

Stop being pained,

Learn how to stop being a misogynist, then after that. Take Raggedyann advice on this thread,

Trash
Lol firstly I'm not pained, you are clearly the one who is. Am not a. misogynist, I've reiterated that enough.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Daeylar(f): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
Lol firstly I'm not pained, you are clearly the one who is. Am not a. misogynist, I've reiterated that enough.

All right, you promise you're not? That's good, first step out of the way,

Now take the 2nd part of my advice in my last post. smiley
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Rukkydelta(f): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
Marcelo290:
You reason without logic, sorry to say.
O yeah
You are the one that that now reason with logic?
Please don't have a female child, don't even marry one
Cos it's people like you that place high judgement on females that may at times leads to depression
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:

Are you for us or you are against? sad

Never mind, you are against
I don't think it always has to be an us versus them thing but for the sake of this thread, I am totally for you.
I understand the OP's point though I know it's very myopic (for lack of a better word).

Threads upon threads on gender are created daily on Nairaland and a group of women have taken it upon themselves to dispel what they believe to be wrong notions held by men about women.
My comment was simply an acknowledgment of the relentlessness with which you all try to defend yourselves daily.
I'll go mad if I had to put up with that all the time.
Una dey try well well.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Frustrated...Kikiki

Carry your frustration away abeg
I am not the one who comes to reel out imaginary achievements on a faceless forum.
Any watcher would know who the frustrated one is.
Get a real life.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I am not the one who comes to reel out imaginary achievements on a faceless forum.
Any watcher would know who the frustrated one is.
Get a real life.

When did i call that an achievement?

Thought you said it was fake?

Guy go newspaper stand go argue...Phck off
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Ranchhoddas: 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
supersystemsnig:

When did i call that an achievement?

Thought you said it was fake?

Guy go newspaper stand go argue...Phck off
He's dumber than I previously imagined.
Oh boy.
Re: I Pray Not To Birth A Female Child by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
He's dumber than I previously imagined.
Oh boy.

Guy go naaah...Oya ignored..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Me And The Female Banker Had Sex During The Movie Date / Does The Clitoris Get Bigger & Does Size Really Matter For Women Pleasure? (Pix) / Tales From Kenya: Why Nigerian Men Get Laid Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.