Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway (556 Views)

Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens / Video Of The Lady Seen Topless On A Bike On Lekki Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2017
There is a dangerous issue of horses crossing the road at night on lekki Epe.

I actually crashed my car once as I tried to avoid a horse crossing the road and ended up hydroplaning, with my car spinning and spinning till I landed in the bush.

I have reported to the police a couple times to do something about those horses, but nothing has been done.

I went out last night and on a portion of the road that was poorly lit, all of a sudden, I spotted another horse crossing the road from right to left. So many cars almost crashed at the same time as we were all swerving to avoid the horse.

Authorities must do something about this. A horses body is brown and blends really well with the darkness. So sometimes, a driver at night can't spot these horses until the car is already so close to it and the driver can then make out the horses brown skin.

Something must be done to save lives, as a head on collision with a large horse is not something anyone would wish for.
Re: Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Linux007(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2017
Picsur or i dnt belive it.

1 Like

Re: Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by SalamRushdie: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2017
I almost hit a very black horse on this same road one night It was miracle that i avoided collision with the horse despite it just ran out of darkness into my path and I had to apply some reflexed backed high extreme manuever to save both horse and vehicle

1 Like

Re: Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I almost hit a very black horse on this same road one night It was miracle that i aviided collision with the horse despite it just ran out of darkness into my path and I had to apply some reflexed backed high extreme manuver to save both horse and vehicle

I didn't put it in my post, but I've actually hit a horse before on that same road. It took out my left headlight, but it wasn't a head on collision.

Something has to be done haba, too many accidents at night on that road.

I wonder if we even have animal control. The police must realize how strong a horse is. This isn't like hitting a deer in Yankee, this is a freaking heavy, muscular, full grown horse.

1 Like

Re: Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Tochex101(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2017
@OP
Are they wild and free roaming..........no herders?
Re: Danger! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2017
Tochex101:
@OP
Are they wild and free roaming..........no herders?

wild and free-roaming bro, no herders.

sooo dangerous.

the irony is that the road is, or looks free at night, so cars tend to go fast as opposed to the day time. however, here you might be going fast thinking that there is no car on the road and all of a sudden, you spot something weird and then you may have to make wild, impromptu maneuvers at high speed, which is definitely dangerous.

(1) (Reply)

Need Directions / US Government Deports Congolese Citizens In Chains And Diapers (shocking Video) / Location Of Ekowe In Bayelsa State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.