Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,029 members, 7,803,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway (1569 Views)

Dangote Truck That Fell Along The Lekki-Epe Expressway (PHOTOS) / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / As Seen In Lagos: Man Takes His Car On A Date On Lekki Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2017
There is a dangerous issue of horses crossing the road at night on lekki Epe.

I actually crashed my car once as I tried to avoid a horse crossing the road and ended up hydroplaning, with my car spinning and spinning till I landed in the bush.

I have reported to the police a couple times to do something about those horses, but nothing has been done.

I went out last night and on a portion of the road that was poorly lit, all of a sudden, I spotted another horse crossing the road from right to left. So many cars almost crashed at the same time as we were all swerving to avoid the horse.

Authorities must do something about this. A horses body is brown and blends really well with the darkness. So sometimes, a driver at night can't spot these horses until the car is already so close to it and the driver can then make out the horses brown skin.

Something must be done to save lives, as a head on collision with a large horse is not something anyone would wish for.
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Justiceleague1: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2017
Am pretty sure criminals/extortionists are hiding somewhere to lay claims...

1 Like

Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Justiceleague1:
Am pretty sure criminals/extortionists are hiding somewhere to lay claims...

could be very possible
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by DaimlerBen(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
There is a dangerous issue of horses crossing the road at night on lekki Epe.

I actually crashed my car once as I tried to avoid a horse crossing the road and ended up hydroplaning, with my car spinning and spinning till I landed in the bush.

I have reported to the police a couple times to do something about those horses, but nothing has been done.

I went out last night and on a portion of the road that was poorly lit, all of a sudden, I spotted another horse crossing the road from right to left. So many cars almost crashed at the same time as we were all swerving to avoid the horse.

Authorities must do something about this. A horses body is brown and blends really well with the darkness. So sometimes, a driver at night can't spot these horses until the car is already so close to it and the driver can then make out the horses brown skin.

Something must be done to save lives, as a head on collision with a large horse is not something anyone would wish for.
Slow down at night & get good lights. If you can't see a horse, what then is the colour of a pothole?

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by SpaceAngel: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Slow down at night & get good lights. If you can't see a horse, what then is the colour of a pothole?

It is not only lighting that is issue, they also run across the road and sometimes the horses are dark too. I almost hit one around oniru estate once.
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Olesekeniwoye(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
There have always been horses on lekki express way.

I have witnessed two separate accidents involving two horses on that road.
Pls Get good lights and drive with care.

Also they cross the roads only at night. From 10pm
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Readonee35L(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Instead of facing the matter of the horses on the road causing issues. You're talking about good lights.
You people will always find a problem in people's solution.
The horses are not meant to be on the high way. It's not a barn or a yard.

It's just like a rape case. And you're blaming the woman(the victim)for putting on sexy cloths.
angry

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Sebastine1994(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
A
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by DaimlerBen(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2017
Readonee35L:

Instead of facing the matter of the horses on the road causing issues. You're talking about good lights.
You people will always find a problem in people's solution.
The horses are not meant to be on the high way. It's not a barn or a yard.

It's just like a rape case. And you're blaming the woman(the victim)for putting on sexy cloths.
angry
The report should be made at LGA Headquarters or other relevant authorities, not here.
Like someone said, the horses have always been there. I'm only trying to make his driving safer, where did I blame him?
I went out last night and on a portion of the road that was poorly lit...
...and, just like the case you mentioned, one has to ensure one doesn't put oneself in a compromising situation to be absolved of all blame.
Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Kufie(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Why are you people angry? Zebras have be en crossing since 1742. Let the horses cross in peace. After all the Chicken has crossed the road too. grin

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway by Newboss(m): 12:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Are those horses wild horses? Or they belong to people?

I can't believe there are free horses in Lekki o. I need to go grab 3 and build myself a chariot. gringrin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? / 4 Piece Of Mercedes W211 2003-2007 E Class Wheels Needed / What Should I Do About This Oil Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.