Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

A Game Of Love And Obsession - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Game Of Love And Obsession (15721 Views)

Game Of Pleasure(18+) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
A Game Of Love And Obsession

By Lewis Dampson

A lot of people claim to be in love. Love is sometimes seen as a flame. People pursue this flame with everything they have. In the quest of pursuing, things happen. Either a person is being made perfect by the flame or burnt to ashes by it. Just like fire, which is said to be a good servant, but a bad master, so is love and obsession. Love can be beautiful when the chemistry is right, but can be awful when the wrong chemicals are combined. Many people in the course of keeping this flame burning become too close to it forgetting it has the ability to maim and perfect.

Jesse, a man whose heart has been shattered several times by the women he loves chooses to shut his heart permanently. But as destiny would have it, he comes in contact with Sandra, a lovable woman who had never fallen in love before.

Jesse's past would not allow him consider Sandra until a merger brings them together. But just before anything could start between them, the women from Jesse's past return. One of them is desperate to keep Sandra away from Jesse and goes about it diabolically.

On the other hand, Desmond, a very nice guy is ready to do anything to gain Sandra's love.

Is there any possibility of something happening between Sandra and Jesse, with the threat to her life and challenges against them? Will Sandra survive the diabolic plans against her?

Find out in this mind blowing story, A Game Of Love And Obsession.

Episodes will be posted daily

http://www.youngicee.com/2017/10/new-story-game-of-love-and-obsession.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
always about love, cant wait for a suspense thriller dat wld kip me awake at night.lol
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
© Lewis Dampson
All Rights Reserved.
YCC - www.youngicee.com

_____

Jesse sat in the sand on the seashore thinking to himself. He seemed lost in thoughts not considering the heavy tides coming against him. He got up and paced with his left hand supporting his chin. He looked into the sky and wagged his head. Without thinking twice, he ran towards the vast water and stopped abruptly with tears streaming down his cheeks. He stared at the water again and ran for the second time towards the water. This time around he didn’t stop. He continued to run until he got into the seemingly angry water. In no time, his feet couldn’t touch the seabed. It was then it occurred to him that he couldn’t swim. He wanted to turn back, but it was too late. He plunged into the water.

He wrestled for sometime, came up to the surface. He couldn’t sustain his floating and therefore plunged into the water for the second time. This time around, he could feel his breath ceasing. His lungs were being filled with water.

With all his strength, he wrestled again, but this time not as before. His strength was failing him and his life was slipping away from him. All hope was lost for Jesse. In the midst of nowhere, a powerful tide rescued him. He was brought ashore by this dangerous, but lifesaving tide.

He sprawled on the shore vomiting all the water that had filled his lungs. He laid still on the shore for sometime. Thoughts of Sandra still flooded his memory. He couldn’t hold back his tears.

Flashback

Jesse walked briskly to the bus stop. He was already late for work and didn’t want another confrontation from his boss. The voice of his boss echoed in his head as he hurried to the bus stop. “Gentleman, the next time you are late to work, don’t bother coming at all. Because if you do, you will only come and meet your sack letter,”.

Jesse was lucky when he got to the stop. He was second in the queue. “Oh, thank you God! I thought a lot of people will be here by now,” He said to himself. Others came to join the queue in no time. The bus arrived in two minutes and Jesse boarded it. As it was expected, he sat next to the person who was first in the queue.

In the heat of things, Jesse didn’t take a good look at the person standing in front of him in the queue. He was so caught up with thought to get to work on time. He caught a glimpse of the lady sitting beside him when the bus started moving. Jesse admired her, but on a second thought decided not to bother himself. “They are all the same,” he said to himself.

He took a magazine from his bag and started reading. He was doing everything possible not to think about the beautiful lady sitting beside him. The lady on the other hand was also fidgeting with her phone.

“Driver, please, I will alight at the next stop,” said the lady. Jesse squinted at her. Truthfully, he wanted to speak to her, but he was scared. He had been disappointed by many ladies and that had made him think of all ladies as being the same. He was very sensitive when it came to the matters of the heart. Little issues could throw him off-balance. He made a decision not to get himself involved in any sort of relationships to avoid such bad experiences. “Love is not for me,” he constantly told himself.

The bus got the stop the lady was supposed to alight. She grabbed her bag and got up to leave. “Excuse me please!” She said to Jesse. Jesse made way for her to pass. She opened her bag to pay for the fare when she realized she had no money inside it. She freaked out and began rummaging the bag by bringing out one item after another. People on the bus became impatient with her since she was delaying. Jesse was one of those people. He was running out of time and needed to get to his workplace in ten minutes. Failure to do that meant he being fired from his workplace.

The lady kept searching for the money. “Driver, please, I left my money in the house,” the lady said sadly. “So? What do you expect me to do?” the driver said harshly. “Please can I pay tomorrow when I pick the bus? You know I always pick this bus to work every morning,” the lady asked. “No way lady!! I have to make sales today and I need my money now!! Or else I will seize your phone!! Said the driver angrily.

“What!!? The price of this phone is like a hundred times the fare. How can you suggest to take my phone? I won’t give it to you!!” The lady retorted.

Now, Jesse was getting angry at what was going on. His job was on the line and these people were arguing on something that seemed unimportant to him. He lost his patience and walked to the driver. “Can you please move this bus now!! I am late for work!” He exclaimed. “I won’t move an inch until this lady pays her fare. I am always being cheated. People patronize my bus and refuse to pay. How do they expect me to cater for the needs of my family? Eh? Tell me!! I won’t move this bus until she either gives me my money or deposit her phone as a collateral,” the driver said firmly.

Jesse without thinking took out money and gave it to the driver. “I am paying for her and myself. I will get down at the next stop. Now, please, move the bus! I am late for work!” He immediately moved to his seat without even looking at the lady. He didn’t even respond to the ladies “thank you “. The lady got off the bus and the driver moved.

Jesse closed from work that day very tired. “The start of every week is always hectic. Man, I need rest. I have to get home as soon as possible." He ambled as he got nearer to the bus stop due to tiredness. He sat on one end of the bench provided at the bus stop with his face buried in his palms.

He got startled when someone touched him on the shoulder. He looked up and realized it was the lady he paid the fare for in the morning. “Hello, I guess you remember me?” the lady asked. “Of course, I do,” Jesse answered sharply.

“I am glad you remember. I tried thanking you in the bus this morning, but you moved back to your seat quickly that I couldn’t get the chance. I really appreciate what you did for me in the bus this morning. The way you came through for me to save me from such an embarrassment. Thank you very much!” Said the lady. “You are welcome, but have money in your bag next time,” Jesse said sharply and again buried his face in his palms.

To be continued…

4 Likes

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:
always about love, cant wait for a suspense thriller dat wld kip me awake at night.lol
welcome
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oyinprince:
welcome

are u saying dis novel will have all my wishes?
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by sirblero(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
intruiging captivating mind blowing awesome piece
keep the story coming man
#glued
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Ashiat39(f): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
At last, I'm here. I've been thinking about which story I could read just then I came across this. Thank you Oyin for sharing this story. But why don't you mention?
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

are u saying dis novel will have all my wishes?
I believe it will. I'm not the writer, I'm posting on his behalf and I'm also reading as I post.

You can read my story

Tarasha - Action/Romance

https://www.nairaland.com/2563770/tarasha-action-thriller-story-month

https://www.nairaland.com/3410304/tarasha-2-return-revenge

And then This mind blowing Romance

Please Break My Heart
https://www.nairaland.com/3316493/please-break-heart-romance-thriller
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
sirblero:
intruiging captivating mind blowing awesome piece
keep the story coming man
#glued
Welcome sir
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ashiat39:
At last, I'm here. I've been thinking about which story I could read just then I came across this. Thank you Oyin for sharing this story. But why don't you mention?
.Welcome ma.

Why didn't I mention ehn? Ermm... A lot of times I mention, I end up missing some people's moniker, so I just prefer sharing the link on my other threads and inviting them that way

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Ashiat39(f): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oyinprince:
.Welcome ma.

Why didn't I mention ehn? Ermm... A lot of times I mention, I end up missing some people's moniker, so I just prefer sharing the link on my other threads and inviting them that way
dat is good then. I just hope that update will be constant like you used to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by MichaelBlake40: 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oyinprince why didn't you invite me Meanwhile i like the plot.

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
We don land for here. From behind the mask now to this. Na we dey here

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by cyndy1000(f): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
Following closely to the mind blowing story from one of best nairalander's writers like no other! Ride on

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Episode 2

© Lewis Dampson

“I am glad you remember. I tried thanking you in the bus this morning, but you moved back to your seat quickly that I couldn’t get the chance. I really appreciate what you did for me in the bus this morning. The way you came through for me to save me from such an embarrassment. Thank you very much!” Said the lady. “You are welcome, but have money in your bag next time,” Jesse said sharply and again buried his face in his palms.

“Anyway, I am Sandra. What is your name?” Sandra asked. “I am Jesse,” he replied with his face still buried in his palms. “Nice meeting you, Jesse!” Sandra said.

Sandra was expecting Jesse to respond to that, but he didn’t. He behaved as if he didn’t hear what she said. With that, she sat on the other end of the bench and waited for the bus.

When the bus came, Jesse got up and entered it without a word to Sandra. Sandra followed among others to enter the bus. She sat on a different seat. Jesse took out his magazine and started reading. He put his earphones on and started listening to music. He was so much into his world. When it was time to pay for the fare, he paid for himself and Sandra. He got back to what he was doing immediately after that.

Sandra couldn’t understand this strange attitude from Jesse. Why does he always help her, but doesn’t want to get into a conversation with her? He doesn’t even stick around for her to even show her appreciation. “This gentleman is weird! Why does he behave like he owns the world. He is so mercurial. Anyway, let me mind my business. I will never make such a mistake again by forgetting my money in the house. On a second thought, I think he thinks of me as a puppet! That explains his behavior towards me. If he is thinking of that, he should better change his thinking because I am no puppet!!” Sandra thought about all these while she sat in the bus. In no time, the bus pulled over and all of them were supposed to alight.

As usual, Jesse hurriedly got off the bus and headed straight for his house. Indeed, Sandra wanted to express her thankfulness for him helping her for the second time. But, there was no room to do that since Jesse was gone before she alighted from the bus. She also went home.

Now, Jesse got to the house weary. He quickly took his shower and came to find something to eat. While going to the kitchen, he saw the portrait he didn’t want to see, but yet couldn’t resist seeing. The portrait of Theodora hanged on his wall. He immediately lost appetite when he saw it. He was filled with sadness. He couldn’t hold back his tears. Jesse took the portrait from the wall and held it passionately. He wanted to shatter it into pieces, but found himself caressing it.

“Oh, Theodora! What is this you have done to me? Why did you have to leave me this way? I showered you with love and affection. I gave you access to my soul and what did you do with it?” he said and paused for a moment as if waiting for an answer. “You deceived me and made me believe the feeling was mutual. I had my hopes high. I was always thinking about our future together and how happy we will be. You severed these strings of wonderful thoughts when you surprised me with you wedding invitation card. How could you!!?” Jesse said crying as he held the portrait firmly and pressed it against his chest .”How couldn’t I see this coming? Why was I so blind to be led deceptively like a sheep? I followed your sweet words and gestures and that blind spotted me to your treacherous tendencies,” said Jesse this time with his eyes fixated on the portrait as if looking into the eyes of Theodora.

“You are an ingrate!! A pathetic liar!! A daughter of Eve!! You have indeed led me to my downfall!! Now, I can’t love again. I don’t even know how to start all over. You have ruined my life and happiness. You didn’t even have sympathy on me. You sent your pictures with your husband to me. As if that wasn’t enough. You pierced my soul with the pictures of your baby. Why do you do all these, Theodora? Tell me!! I am here waiting! Tell me why you constantly want to hurt me this way!! Eh!? Speak !! Speak!!! Speak!!!!” Jesse exclaimed and threw the portrait on their floor and stood there crying.

In less than thirty seconds, he hurriedly took the portrait from the floor and wiped it with his shirt. “I am sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that. Please forgive me. I won’t do that again. I am sorry Dor ! I am sorry, “ he said amidst crying. He laid on the floor with the portrait in his bosom.

In Sandra’s house, she had been thinking of the weird guy he met on the bus earlier in the day. While she was thinking, her phone rung. She took the phone to look at the caller ID and it displayed Desmond. She ended the call abruptly and turned off her phone. She continued with her thoughts about Jesse.

Apparently, Desmond had had a crush on Sandra since their school days. He had tried everything in his power to win her heart, but all to no avail. There was nothing Desmond wouldn’t want to do for Sandra. There was nothing he wouldn’t do to impress her. He had proposed several times to Sandra, but she declined all his advances.

Desmond was determined not to lose hope. He believed that he will win the heart of Sandra one day. And until Sandra walks down the aisle with another man as her husband, he still got a shot. He called Sandra in the morning, afternoon and evening. It was because of him Sandra forgot her money in the house.

It isn’t that Sandra was heartless to see the plight of this sweet young man who waits to sweep her off her feet. The issue was that, she had tried severally to reciprocate his affection on different occasions, but she just couldn’t bring herself to do it. Although Desmond was sweet and all that, Sandra felt there was no connection. In short, she didn’t have any affection for him. She liked him as a friend, but not a lover. She had tried on several occasions to explain things Desmond which of course fell on deaf ears. His behavior began to irritate her and she begun to feel his advances as a sort of harassment.

Now Desmond was thinking what could cause Sandra’s phone to go off abruptly. He tried calling her severally, but the line wasn’t going through. “Could it be that her battery is so low that her phone has gone off? Or it is the network? These network companies and their ‘wahala’. They always disappoint when their services are most needed. I can’t sleep without talking to Sandra. I have been thinking about her the whole of today. I can’t wait for the day she will finally accept my proposal. I can’t wait either to take her to the altar to make her my wife. How wonderful that day will be!! The day that Sandra will be by my side forever! I won’t give up! I will continue to chase my dream and I believe my perseverance will yield fruits one day,” Desmond continued to daydream about Sandra.

He dipped his hands in his pocket and brought out his wallet. He opened it and brought a passport size picture of Sandra. He looked at it for some time and smiled. “I will never regret stealing this picture from your collection.

Because, this picture reminds me of the first time I set eyes on an angel like you. I will never forget that photographer’s shop where we all went to take our passport size pictures as freshmen. You were so wonderful that the pureness of your heart could be seen radiating from your cute face. You still look the same as to this day. How I wish your heart could be knit together with mine. How I wish you will understand my feelings and realize I mean no harm. All I want is your happiness which I will go to any extent to provide. I won’t let you down my beautiful Sandra. I have stalled many relationships all because of you. To proof how much you mean to me. To proof you mean the world to me. Why are all these going unnoticed? Is it that your are still putting my loyalty to test? I know within that, you are doing exactly that. I will wait for you, my sweetheart. I will prove my loyalty to you, “ Desmond said fantasizing about the picture. He placed the picture back into his wallet, smiled at it for the last time and went to his room.

...to be continued

Source: www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Ashiat39(f): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
I can see that you keep to your word, thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by uchihaclassiq(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
smileynyc story...following bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Episode 3

© Lewis Dampson

To proof how much you mean to me. To proof you mean the world to me. Why are all these going unnoticed. Is it that your are still putting my loyalty to test? I know within that, you are doing exactly that. I will wait for you my sweetheart. I will prove my loyalty to you, “ Desmond said fantasizing about the picture. He placed the picture back into his wallet, smiled at it for the last time went to his room.

Jesse got up the next day to realize that he crushed on the floor. He still had the portrait of Theodora in his bosom. When he looked at the time, it was 5:00 am in the morning. He had to prepare for work. “Oh gosh!! So I have been sleeping on the bare floor all this time? I have to prepare for work.“

Meanwhile, Sandra couldn’t wait to see her mystery man. She wanted to know why he behaved the way he does. “I have been trying to decipher what could be the problem with this guy all night, but I couldn’t come up with any tangible answer. I guess I have to get closer to him. I can sense he is hurting inside. What might have caused this? He seemed to be a nice person just that he is too introvert. There is only one way of finding out,” she said as she picked her bag to go to work. She checked the bag to see if she didn’t forget the money this time around. She didn’t want a repeat of the incident that occurred the previous day with the bus driver.

When Sandra got to the stop, she was expecting to see Jesse. But, to her disappointment, he wasn’t around. She stood in the queue hoping he would show up, but he didn’t. The bus came and she boarded it along with the other passengers. She looked through the windshield to see if Jesse would approach the bus, but he didn’t. The bus drove off and still Jesse was not in sight. She was really disappointed.

Unknown to Sandra, Jesse had been to the bus stop earlier. He didn’t want to be delayed like the previous day, so he just picked a taxi to work.

Sandra alighted from the bus and walked to her office. Her phone rang and as usual , it was Desmond. She received it this time. “Hello Sandra,” greeted Desmond. “Hello, Desmond,” she responded. “I hope you are fine?” He asked. “Yea, I am doing great,” she replied sharply. “I tried all night to reach you on phone, but I couldn’t get through to you,” said Desmond. “Oh yea, my phone was on low battery. Sorry for that. I slept while charging it. I planned to call you this morning, but had to get to work,” Sandra explained. “It is okay, Sandra. Can we go for lunch this afternoon? I have booked a reservation at a very nice restaurant,” Desmond asked.

There was a long pause on Sandra’s side. “Hello… Hello.. Sandra… Hello..” “Yes, Desmond. I am here,” Sandra responded finally. “Thank God. I thought your line went off. Will you go with me?” He asked again. “I am sorry, Desmond, I don’t think I can make it. I have a lot of work to finish today. I have a deadline to meet. Please let us make it another time,” said Sandra. “Hmmm.. If you say so. Anyway, I would like to see you after work. I could come pick you up and give you a ride to the house,” Desmond said trying to convince Sandra. He wanted to do everything possible to have fellowship with Sandra. “Ermm… That wouldn’t be necessary Desmond. I don’t know the time I would be closing. Don’t worry, we will catch up some other time. Please I have to go. My boss is coming,” Sandra hung the call before Desmond could even say goodbye.

“Ah! This guy can really be a bother. I don’t enjoy doing this to him. I have tried to explain things to him, but he wouldn’t listen. Now, he has left me with no option. Maybe if I do this, he might get fed up and find another girl. A girl who will love him. I can’t be that girl. I don’t want to mess up our friendship by entering into a relationship with him. What if it doesn’t work? Which I know it won’t. Then I lose Desmond as a friend. I can’t let that happen. Desmond is too good for me. I pray he gets another girl that will suit him better,” Sandra said undertone as she approached her working desk. She sighed and placed her bag on the table and begun to work.

“Jesse, come over to my office,” said his boss over the telephone. Jesse quickly got up from his desk and headed for his boss’ office. He knocked and entered. “Jesse, I would like you to take these letters to a friend for me,” the boss handed the letters to him. “I believe you are aware of the meager between our company and Silicon International?” Jesse nodded. “Very good! I want you to take these letters to the CEO of Silicon International. He will give you some drafts in return.

I want you to work on those drafts. Go over the accounts so that we can proceed with the deal,” said the boss. “Yes Sir, consider it done,” Jesse said and took his leave.

He called the company’s driver and headed for Silicon International which was few blocks away from his office.

He quickly went into the company’s building when he got to Silicon International. He was in a hurry because he knew the kind of work that followed after taking the draft from the CEO. “Hello, please I am Jesse from Xilic Company Limited. I am here to see the CEO,” Jesse said. “Please wait for me to verify your appointment,” the receptionist said, while making a call. “Mr. Jesse, the CEO is expecting you in his office,” said the receptionist finally. “Thank you,” Jesse thanked her and headed for the CEO’s office.

He came out of the office with a bunch of files in his hands. He tried to pick his phone from his pocket to call the driver to come help him with the loads, the phone fell from his hand in the process. He left the files on the ground and begun to pick the separated pieces of his phone. While picking the shattered pieces, Sandra walked in his direction.

Sandra was so perplexed to see Jesse at her workplace. ”What a coincidence!!” She thought. She hurried walked down to where Jesse was. Upon reaching, she realized what had happened to Jesse’s phone. She bent down to help Jesse pick up the pieces.

Meanwhile, Jesse didn’t notice Sandra. He was so worried about his seemingly spoilt phone that he didn’t see Sandra walking up to him. All he could see was a hand going to pick a piece of his shattered phone. He was actually going to pick that piece himself. He looked up to see who it was and lo and behold, Sandra. He was quite surprised to see her in the building as well.

”Please don’t bother. I will pick them up myself,” Jesse said trying to restrain Sandra from helping him. ‘Don’t worry, I got this. You helped me yesterday. Today is my turn to help you. After all, you are in my company’s building. So I insist,” Sandra insisted. ”Okay, if you say so!” Jesse replied sharply.

Sandra was happy within that she had finally gotten through to Jesse. This is the first time she had had a complete conversation with him.

“Jesse, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for what you did for me in the bus the other day. I really appreciate it,” Sandra said as she got on her feet. ”Sandra right?” Jesse asked. ”Yes,” she responded. ”I heard you when you thanked me at the bus stop. It is kind of embarrassing if you keep repeating it,” Jesse said and began to walk away. ”I am sorry, Sandra, but I have to get going. My boss is expecting me and I am running out of time,” Jesse said. ”Yes please. I guess we will see again some other time?” Sandra asked. ”Sure! But, it is not a promise,” Jesse said as he walked briskly out of the building. Sandra stood and watched him enter the car. She stared until she could no longer see the tail light of the car.

...to be continued

Source: www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by queenitee(f): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
I tried, I came early

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2017
Kip it coming. Tanx for keeping d promise

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
EPISODE 4

© 2017 Lewis Dampson

Sandra was happy within that she had finally gotten through to Jesse. This is the first time she had had a complete conversation with him. “Jesse, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for what you did for me in the bus the other day. I really appreciate it,” Sandra said as she got on her feet. ”Sandra right?” Jesse asked. ”Yes,” she responded. ”I heard you when you thanked me at the bus stop. It is kind of embarrassing if you keep repeating it,” Jesse said and began to walk away. ”I am sorry, Sandra, but I have to get going. My boss is expecting me and I am running out of time,” Jesse said. ”Yes please. I guess we will see again some other time?” Sandra asked. ”Sure! But, it is not a promise,” Jesse said as he walked briskly out of the building. Sandra stood and watched him enter the car. She stared until she could no longer see the tail light of the car.

Back at Jesse’s house, he was going through his things and realized he was running out of groceries. “I need to go to the supermarket to get a few groceries. Today is Saturday, and I think I have the time. Next week is going to be busy because of the meager,” he said and took his wallet. Jesse went out of his house to the supermarket.

When Jesse got the supermarket, the place was packed with people. He quickly got his shopping cart to shop. “Hey, Jesse!! Is that you!? Oh my God, I can’t believe this!! I thought I wouldn’t see you again!!” Said a lady in the supermarket, shouting at the top of her voice. “Jasmine!! What are you doing here!!? I thought you have traveled overseas. Wow!! Really nice to see you!” said Jesse still surprised. “Me too, Jesse. I am also happy to see you! I wasn’t able to go to Germany. I couldn’t get the scholarship I applied for. I am doing my masters degree here. Anyway, how is Theodora? I am sure by now you guys are married,” Jasmine asked teasingly.

Jesse’s countenance fell on hearing the name of Theodora. He was almost at the brink of shedding tears right in front of Jasmine. He had to control himself not to, least he disgraced himself. “Jesse, why are you sad all of a sudden? What is it? Hey, you know you can tell me anything. Hey, Jesse, come on,” Jasmine said trying to convince Jesse to open up to her.

Jesse looked up into the eyes of Jasmine. She took the items he was holding in his hands, and led him out of the supermarket. “Dear, let’s sit in my car and talk,” she said and opened the door of the car for Jesse to enter. She used the door on the other side.
“Now, no one is here. Can you tell me what is wrong with you? I never knew you to be like this! You were the most free-spirited and happy person I knew back in school. You always had smiles on your face. Please tell me what is bothering you. Who knows? I might be of help,” Jasmine said still trying to convince Jesse. Finally, Jesse sighed and started to speak.

“Jasmine, I have been through a lot of bad experiences in these past months. Something I never thought or dreamt could happen to me happened. You were aware of my relationship with Theodora. You know how we came together. That was after you bounced me for that sugar daddy. I was so brokenhearted that I couldn’t even concentrate on my studies. I couldn’t even eat. Theodora came through for me. She came as a divine compensation to the pain you caused me.

Although, “Dor” was ahead of me two years in school, she was always humble and respected my decision as a man. She was all I could’ve ever ask for in a future wife. Her sense of humor, kindness and her caring tendencies made me love her the more. I completely forgot about the pain. I always thanked my stars that you didn’t accept my proposal at the time. She was always patient with me. She always said she would wait for me to finish school and get a job so we could together prepare for our marriage.

Our nice relationship began to deteriorate when her boss started making advances towards her. Initially, she talked to me about it and we could laugh over it sometimes. We could tease the boss together when the issue came up. But, it got to a time she stopped talking about him. I thought that meant he had stopped making those advances towards her. I didn’t make an issue out of it. In fact, I forgot about it entirely since it wasn’t necessary and was a trivial issue..

Theodora’s attitude towards me changed completely as the days went by. I suddenly became an enemy to her. She stopped calling me and even stopped sending me night messages. The sad aspect of the whole issue was that, she stopped picking my calls. I even remember an incident she threw me out of her house. In fact, i was devastated. I was very confused and sad. I didn’t know what had caused this change of attitude overnight.

I heard rumors of her always moving around with her boss. I didn’t take them serious because i hadn’t seen them with my eyes. I was in the house one day when Theodora came to visit. I was so happy to see her around because i hadn’t set my eyes on her for almost two months. But, my happiness was shattered into pieces when she handed her wedding invitation card to me. I was so shocked and terrified at the same time. I became speechless as I looked into her eyes. Tears welled up in my eyes and began to stream down my cheeks on their own accord.

There was no remorsefulness in her countenance. She rather looked excited. “I will be expecting you at the wedding, Jesse. Please, don’t disappoint me by not coming. I will be hurt if you do that,” she said that and joyfully stormed out of my house, Jasmine! I have not been the same again. I always think about her and her betrayal. I have lost interest in love, Jasmine,” Jesse explained and started to cry.

“Jesse… Jesse… It is okay! There is no need in killing yourself over this issue. Please calm down,” she said as she took out a handkerchief from her bag and began to wipe the tears off his face. “I am here for you now, Jesse. I caused all these troubles in your life and I am back to fix them if you will give me another chance. I regret ever bouncing you for that old fool! He destroyed me! I have been looking for you everywhere to make amends and I am glad I have found you today. Don’t cry over Theodora again!! I will do everything in my power to make you forget her, I promise you that!!” Jasmine said with confidence.

“Let me drive you to your house, dear. We could catch up on old times, watch an interesting movie together or maybe I can cook for you,” said Jasmine. “I would have loved the cooking aspect, but my groceries are finished. That was why i came to the supermarket to get some. I am really famished,”Jesse lamented. “That is not a problem at all. Stay in the car and let me get them. I will be back soon,” Jasmine said and left the car with her handbag. She came back in ten minutes with the groceries, entered the car and left with Jesse to his house.

Jesse was snobbish outwardly, but needed fellowship inwardly. To him, the re-appearance of Jasmine was a miracle. Perhaps, that was God’s solution to heal his broken emotions. He had loved Jasmine in the past. Jasmine was way hotter than Theodora although Theodora had more character than her. She was known for her promiscuity back in their school days. Maybe she had changed and become a better person due to life’s experience. The lingering affection for Jasmine began to resurface in Jesse’s heart. Upon this assumption, he decided to give Jasmine another chance. Jasmine could be the chosen one for him. Maybe, it was divinely calculated that Jasmine was the chosen one. If not so, then why had their paths intersected again in his greatest moment of despair.

...to be continued

Read more at www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
Episode 5

© Lewis Dampson

Jesse was snobbish outwardly, but needed fellowship inwardly. To him, the re-appearance of Jasmine was a miracle. Perhaps, that was God’s solution to heal his broken emotions. He had loved Jasmine in the past. Jasmine was way hotter than Theodora although Theodora had more character than her. She was known for her promiscuity back in their school days. Maybe she had changed and become a better person due to life’s experience. The lingering affection for Jasmine began to resurface in Jesse’s heart. Upon this assumption, he decided to give Jasmine another chance. Jasmine could be the chosen one for him. Maybe, it was divinely calculated that Jasmine was the chosen one. If not so, then why had their paths intersected again in his greatest moment of despair.

Meanwhile, Desmond had not seen Sandra for days and he was getting worried. The last time he heard from her was when he called her in the office. He was hoping to spend some time with her, but that didn’t happen. Since then, Sandra had not been picking his calls. The only thing he had was just the passport-size photograph in his wallet. He looked at it day and night. “What is wrong with Sandra these days? Is she sick or something? I have been trying to reach her, but all to no avail. I think I have to pay her a visit in the house. Today is Saturday and I think she will be in the house,” Desmond said and got up to dress. He was getting worried.

Sandra was in the house alone thinking. She had been hoping to see Jesse after the incident at her workplace, but it seems that wasn’t happening. She sometimes intentionally waited for him at the bus stop, but he never showed up. She was worried something had happened to him. “I would have paid him a visit if I knew his house. But, as it stands now, I have no choice than to wait till I see him again. Wait!! What is happening to me? Am I having feelings for this guy? Hell no! I am just concerned I guess. I hardly fall in love. I am just worried for him. He seemed so disturbed. But, wait a minute, why is it that I can’t wait to see him? He is all I have been thinking about these past few days. What is happening to me!?” Sandra brooded over these thoughts as she laid in the sofa.

Sandra was startled when she heard a knock on her door. She was surprised because she wasn’t expecting any visitor. “Who might this be? I am not expecting anyone,” she said as she ambled to the door to see who it was. She was surprised to see Desmond in her house. “Hello, Sandra. How are you doing?” Desmond asked with a smile. “I am well, Desmond. But, you didn’t tell me you were coming here,” Sandra said. “Seriously! I have called you severally, but you weren’t picking my calls. Not to even talk about the tons of messages I have sent you. What is going on? Are you trying to avoid me?” Desmond asked with desperation and anguish in his voice. “No, Desmond. That is not it. I hardly have time for my phone these days because of the meager. My phone is always on silent mode,” Sandra lied to Desmond. “It is okay, Sandra. But, wait! You look worried. Like there is something on your mind. What is it?” Desmond asked. “You are always a darling and the best friend I will ever have. You always know when something is wrong with me. Actually, I have been thinking a lot about something lately and I need advice,” said Sandra. “What is it? You know I am always there for you,” Desmond asked. “We can’t talk about it here. Let us go inside,” Sandra suggested.

With that, Sandra led Desmond to the hall. “Am all ears, Sandra. What is it that you wanted to discuss with me? “ Desmond blurted out as soon as he sat down. “Hmm.. Desmond. It looks like I am having a crush on someone,” Sandra confessed. “Really!! That is nice! Who is this person?” Desmond asked and smiled. To him, he knew he was the one Sandra was referring to, but was shy to say it head-on. “There is nothing to be shy of, Sandra. I have been waiting for this day for a long time,” said Desmond to Sandra. “What if it is another person? No! That can’t be possible! I haven’t seen any guy around Sandra. I am the only male friend she has —” “Desmond! Desmond!! Are you listening to me?” Sandra’s question brought Desmond back to reality. He has been thinking of all those things while Sandra was talking to him.

“Yes… No… Wait… What were you saying?” Desmond asked with a confused gesture. Sandra squinted at him, sighed and spoke again. “ I was talking about my crush,” said Sandra. “Oh, yes. Please continue,” Desmond said happily.

“I met this person, you know. Initially, I wasn’t attracted to him. But, he started being kind to me although in a strange way. I have been thinking about him throughout the week. To an extent, I can’t even concentrate on anything. All I think about is how he is always there for me when I needed help badly. Do you understand what I am trying to say?” Sandra asked. “Of course!” Desmond responded. “So what do you think? Do you think it is okay to let him know how I feel about him?” Sandra asked again. “Why not, Sandra. You should let him know exactly how you feel. Who knows, he might be dying to be with you. You just need to come out of those walls you have built around yourself,” Desmond answered with the perception that Sandra was referring to him.

“That is a wonderful suggestion, Desmond. I think i will do just that! Thank you very much. You are a darling,” Said Sandra thankfully. “You are welcome, dear. But, I think you should tell him now. Who knows, he might be dying to hear those words from your mouth now. Maybe, he can’t wait to be with you,” Desmond said passionately as he looked into Sandra’s eyes. “Okay, I will do that,” Sandra said and picked her phone to make a call. “Wait!! What are you doing?” Desmond asked. “What does it look like I am doing? I am doing what you advised! I am calling my crush!” Sandra replied sharply and continued to look for Jesse’s contact number on her phone.

“Sandra, wait a minute! So all this was about another guy!?” Desmond asked desperately. “Another guy? What do you mean by that?” Sandra asked in shock. “I thought you were talking about me!” Desmond said in exasperation. “You!? Why would you think that!!?” Sandra responded still confused. “What a question! You know I love you. And you know I have been trying my best all these years to impress you. I don’t understand why you always put other guys above me? Am I not good enough for you?” Desmond asked feeling very disappointed. “Not that, Desmond. The problem is that, I see you as a brother and i don’t want to hurt or lose you. You are too good for me to lose over a break up,” Sandra said almost in tears.
“Don’t cry, Sandra. I hate to see you cry. That is why I want you to be mine so that I can protect you from all the hurts. I love you very much and I know you will understand this one day,” Desmond said. “I am sorry, Desmond for hurting you. Please don’t abandon me,” Sandra pleaded. “Come on! Why would I do that? I am with you. I wish you all the best with your new found love. I will be happy if he keeps you happy. Your happiness is my happiness,” Desmond said and faked a smile. “Thank you very much, Desmond for your understanding. You are so understanding,” Sandra said and hugged Desmond. “I think I will be taking my leave now. I will see you some other time,” Desmond said and took his leave.

Desmond was very disappointed on hearing the new development. He thought that he might be lucky this time to win the love of Sandra. But, that didn’t happen. He had tried everything in his power to make Sandra his own. He had put his life on hold for almost four years all to wait for that moment Sandra will accept him. He left Sandra’s house very heartbroken although he told her he was okay. He was far from being okay. His hope had been deferred and he felt like he had wasted four years of his life.

...to be continued

Read more at www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
Please, leave your comments after reading
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2017
I jst dey feel for dis desmond. But dats d facts about women wen they have taken u as a brother dat means dem don friend zone u and if u propose na gbege. Sorry desmond. Oyin nice one here. May God bless u more
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6

© Lewis Dampson

Desmond was very disappointed on hearing the new development. He thought that he might be lucky this time to win the love of Sandra. But, that didn’t happen. He had tried everything in his power to make Sandra his own. He had put his life on hold for almost four years all to wait for that moment Sandra will accept him. He left Sandra’s house very heartbroken although he told her he was okay. He was far from being okay. His hope had been deferred and he felt like he had wasted four years of his life.

Meanwhile, Jasmine was snooping around the hall when Jesse went out for the drink. She chanced upon the portrait Jesse had hung on the wall leading to the kitchen. She was perplexed as to why Jesse would still be keeping a portrait of a girl who broke his heart. She looked at the portrait for sometime and went to sit in the sofa because she heard the footsteps of Jesse.

Jesse returned with a glass of fruit juice and some pastries. “Jasmine, this is the only processed food I have in my fridge. Please manage it for now till you are done cooking,” Jesse said as he served the drink to Jasmine. “Thank you, Jesse,” Jasmine said in appreciation.

Now, Jesse could perceive the mood change on Jasmine’s face. Her gestures towards him had changed totally. She seemed to be worried about something. “Jasmine, is anything the matter?” Jesse asked. “No… Yes! What is Theodora’s portrait doing on your wall?” Jasmine answered and asked. ” I am sorry, Jasmine. I didn’t mean for you to see that. I will take it down. It is about time I move on. I can’t hold on to the past. In fact, I am going to take it down now,” Jesse said and got up from the sofa.

Jesse walked straight to the portrait and brought it down while Jasmine looked on with smiles and a sense of accomplishment. “Well done, dear. I am so proud of you,” said Jasmine. “You are my future now, Jasmine. I need to keep that in mind,” Jesse said and smiled at Jasmine.

With that, Jasmine moved to where Jesse was standing, hugged him and went to the kitchen to cook. They ate the food together. Jesse escorted Jasmine to her car after they were done eating. Indeed, Jesse’s face had begun to glow with happiness. He was no longer gloomy as before.

“Jasmine! Where are you? I have been trying to reach you for the past six hours.” A voice inquired the whereabouts of Jasmine on phone as she was driving home. “Madam, don’t be angry. I mistakenly touched the airplane mode on my phone. I just discovered it and turned the network back on. I am really sorry,” Jasmine lied. “I see. Anyway let us forget about that. I have a new assignment for you and I need you in my house right now. Leave whatever you are doing and drive straight to my apartment right now!” the woman said authoritatively. “Okay, madam. I will be right there,” Jasmine responded.

Jasmine arrived at Madam Diaz’s house. She drove in a rush, got down and hurried into the house. “Madam Diaz, what is the problem? It seemed so important,” Jasmine asked immediately she saw Madam Diaz. “Yes, dear. It’s very important. One of our top class customers called. He said he needs ladies now and he specifically named you. So I had to call you immediately. You are leaving for Paris right now. He has his private jet In Nigeria. You will pick a flight to Nigeria and meet him there to board the jet. Don’t worry, I have bought your ticket and have packed your bags already,” said Madam Diaz.

Jasmine was taken by surprise. She knew Madam Diaz was unpredictable, but she caught her off-guard this time around. Since she was introduced to this job, all she had known is emptiness. She had intimacy with men she felt nothing for. In order to stay focused, she was introduced to drugs which further deteriorated her state. She only entered into the business to pay her fees, but it seemed there were many things involved she wasn’t made aware of. Now, she had made a covenant with the love-vendor, Madam Diaz which had made it difficult for her to stop the business. She finally thought that happiness had come into her life when she met Jesse. She knew Jesse adored her and was happy to meet him single. Now, with this new business deal to Paris, how was she going to explain things to Jesse. They sort of came together not long ago and leaving to Paris was not the best. But, what could she do? She had sown an oath to Madam Diaz and wouldn’t dare to say no to her. She knew the consequences that came along with such froward attitudes. She decided to remove her sim card from her phone.

“Madam, this is so sudden. At least you should pre-informed me yesterday so I could get some stuffs from my house,” Jasmine lamented. “Come on, Jasmine. Don’t talk like an amateur. You know how this business is. When a customer calls, we have to be there to satisfy their needs. Remember, it is all about the money. Don’t worry about whatever you are going to pick from the house. This customer is very wealthy. He will buy anything you need. Now, get going or else you might miss your flight to Nigeria,” said Madam Diaz.

With that, Jasmine went to pick the things Madam Diaz had put together for her. Although she was sad leaving the country without telling Jesse, there was nothing she could do. She will pick up from where she left off when she comes back from Paris. There was no way she was going to let Jesse go. Although she was into prostitution, she needed a man to call her own. Someone she could always go back to after her rendezvouses.

Meanwhile, Jesse was trying to reach Jasmine on phone, but her line wasn’t going through. Her phone had been switched off. He was happy that his broken emotions were being healed gradually. He had nostalgia about his time with Jasmine. He smiled to himself occasionally, but was becoming worried about his inability to reach Jasmine. After several failed attempts to reach Jasmine on phone, he gave up and slept.

Jesse was in his office when he saw a familiar face approaching. “Hello, Jesse, it has been quite sometime. Where have you been,” Sandra asked Jesse. “I have been home,” Jesse responded sharply. “I have not been seeing you at the stop lately,” Sandra said trying to ignore Jesse’s sarcasm. “Oh that, I have been picking taxi of late to work. The bus always makes me get to work late. But, if I may ask, what are you doing here?” Jesse asked.

“Hey, Jesse, I believe you have met, Sandra? I can see you guys are getting along,” a voice from behind said. Jesse turned and realized it was his boss. “Yes, Sir,” Jesse answered. “That is very good. She is from Silicon International and you will be working on the meager with her. She heads the account department in her company. You guys will be working on the accounts of the two companies together ahead of the meager,” the boss said. “Yes, please,” Jesse responded politely. “That is good, Jesse. Now, let me leave you guys alone to work,” the boss said and left Jesse’s office.

Jesse was surprised about the latest development, but Sandra didn’t feel the same. She was very excited to be working on the meager with Jesse. It was like a dream come true for her. Just when she needed to get close to Jesse, an opportunity had presented itself. This could be the opportunity to know more about Jesse because they would be seeing each other often and would even be working together if the meager should go through. The more she thought about it, the more thrilled she became.

...to be continued

Read more here: www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
heryoub22:
I jst dey feel for dis desmond. But dats d facts about women wen they have taken u as a brother dat means dem don friend zone u and if u propose na gbege. Sorry desmond. Oyin nice one here. May God bless u more
Thank you baba
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by uchihaclassiq(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
nyc update bro following
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by itsandi(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
Following... Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nawa o, c dis jasmine sha she jst wan spoil Sandra market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by queenitee(f): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2017
Love sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Episode 7

© Lewis Dampson

Jesse was surprised about the latest development, but Sandra didn’t feel same. She was very excited to be working on the meager with Jesse. It was like a dream come true for her. Just when she needed to get close to Jesse, an opportunity had presented itself. This could be the opportunity to know more about Jesse because they would be seeing each other often and would even be working together if the meager should go through. The more she thought about it, the more thrilled she became.

Meanwhile, Desmond was in serious thoughts about what took place at Sandra’s house. He realized that he was growing in age and needed someone to settle with. He came to the conclusion that the “Sandra project” was a façade and a lost cause. He needed to be realistic and accept the situation on the ground. “I have to find another person to love who would reciprocate my affections. It is clear that Sandra would never enter into a relationship with me. She sees me as a brother and that will remain. But, who am I going to approach since I have practically made all those girls lost interest? Think… Think boy… Think!!! Yeah, let me try Bella,” Desmond said and took his phone to search for Bella’s contact.

He was finally able to find Bella’s number on his phone. He immediately called her. “I can’t believe who is calling,” was Bella’s response when she received the call. “Why do you say that, Bella?” Desmond asked. “I can’t remember the last time you called me and even if I call, you don’t pick my calls,” Bella lamented. “I am sorry about that, Bella. Everything is going to change from today,” Desmond said. “Really?” Bella blurted out. “Yeah! In fact to proof to you that I am serious, I will like to take you out for dinner. That is if you will love to go with me,” said Desmond hoping Bella would agree to the dinner. “Err… Err… I have a tight schedule this week, but I will reschedule to make time. When do you want us to go?” Bella asked. “A day after tomorrow,” Desmond responded immediately. “Okay, Desmond. I will make time for it,” Bella responded. “Thank you very much, Bella. I will call you,” Desmond said. “Really? There is no need to thank me for that. In fact, was waiting for a day like this. I will be expecting your call,” Bella responded.

Now, Desmond took out his wallet from his pocket and took the passport-sized photograph of Sandra. He looked at it for sometime, folded it into two parts and placed it in the chest pocket of his shirt. He was done with Sandra for good. It was now time to start a new life with Bella. He closed his wallet and slipped it into his back pocket.

Meanwhile, Jesse and Sandra were enjoying each passing moment they were spending together. Jesse had tried severally to reach Jasmine, but all to no avail. The only available person around was Sandra and he was gradually getting acquainted with her. Sandra on the other hand was glad that she was now able to penetrate the wall Jesse had built around himself. To her advantage, the work they did together always brought them together. She now spent most of her time in Jesse’s office. They sometimes go home together when they close from work.

To Jesse, Sandra was just a colleague from work. Little did he know he was growing fond of her. In the absence of Jasmine, Sandra had begun to take over. “Jesse, don’t you think it is about time I got to know your house?” Sandra asked one day after work. “Oh, that is no problem. We can go there from here. I was even thinking about that,” Jesse responded.

With that, they both took off to Jesse’s house. Jesse led the way to his house when they got down from the bus. Sandra was surprised that his house very close to hers. “Jesse, I never knew you lived here. Do you ever come out?” Sandra asked. “I don’t like going out, Sandra. I am an indoor person,” Jesse responded. “Are you sure about that? I think you are an outdoor person trying to be an indoor person. This can only happen when people have had an unpleasant experience and want to protect themselves. Are you trying to protect yourself from something?” Sandra asked.

Jesse looked at her in surprise. “Welcome to my house, Sandra. Make yourself at home. We still have some work to do. We need to finish the review before tomorrow,” Jesse said to change the subject. He didn’t want to answer the question because his mood always changed when he did. But, it seemed Sandra wouldn’t back down until she received her answer. She repeated the question and Jesse had no other choice than to answer.

“Yeah, I am protecting myself. I haven’t been lucky when it comes to my love life. I have suffered a lot of breakups in my love life. So it is difficult for me to trust again. A lady I was planning to get married to surprised me with her wedding invitation card. It has taken me several months to overcome that shock. That was the reason for my behavior when we first met,” Jesse explained. “Oh, I see. I now understand you. I am sorry to hear that,” Sandra said to console Jesse.

“So are you in any relationship now, “ Sandra asked. “Not necessarily. I mean it is complicated. I met a friend of mine few days ago at the supermarket. Actually, she was my crush back in school days. I proposed to her and she rejected my proposal for a sugar daddy. It was as a result of that hurt I entered into a relationship with the lady that left me to marry another guy. We came here after we met at the supermarket. Indeed, we had a nice time together. She said she wanted us to enter into a relationship. She said she had changed and had learned her lessons. So I decided to give us a chance. It is strange though that I haven’t heard from her since she left my house that day. I don’t know what has happened to her and that makes me worried,” Jesse said.

Sandra was sad when she heard of a new lady in Jesse’s life. She would have loved it if she was the only lady in his life. Sandra was very surprised as to why she had grown so fond of Jesse in such a short time. No time in her life had she been so quickly attracted to someone. Jesse had something that kept drawing her to him. She just wished everything will go on well. For the meantime, she had to give her support since the new girl wasn’t around. She just hoped in her heart she wouldn’t return. So that she could have Jesse all to herself. Apparently, she knew that wasn’t possible.

“I am sorry, Jesse for all that you have been through. I am proud of you for staying strong. Many people do silly things when confronted with such situations. They are deceived into thinking that their world is over. Little did they know that there is someone waiting for them at another junction in their life. They allow their present situation to rule their thinking and do unimaginable things. Very sad! You really handled the situation well, Jesse,” Sandra said. “ Thank you, Sandra. No one had ever spoken to me in such a manner before. Thank you for the encouragement,” said Jesse thankfully.

Sandra looked at the time and realized it was getting late. “Jesse, we have been doing this review for almost three hours. Aren’t you hungry?” Sandra asked. “I began to feel hungry once you mentioned it. I was enjoying your company so much that I totally forgot about food,” Jesse confessed. “That is so flattering. In that case, let me get to the kitchen and fix something for us to eat. I am hungry as well. I hope you have groceries?” Sandra asked. “Yeah, I bought some from the supermarket. They are in the refrigerator,” Jesse answered.

Sandra got up and made her way to the kitchen to cook while Jesse continued with the office work. There was a knock at the door and Jesse got up to see who was at the door. He was surprised to see Jasmine. She was appearing and disappearing like a ghost. “Would you just stand there? I thought you have missed me?” Jasmine asked. “I am shocked. Where have you been? I have tried to reach your line severally since you left here the other time. What happened to your phone?” Jesse asked. “Please let us go inside, Jesse. I will explain everything to you,” Jasmine said and entered the house.

...to be continued

Read more Episodes on www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
Gbege don burst

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories / Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos) / Death Not Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.