Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia (12378 Views)

WHY I WON'T RECOMMEND SELLING ON JUMIA IN NIGERIA? || JUMIA SELLER CENTRE / Breaking News: Nigeria: Jumia Becomes 1st African Tech Company On Nyse / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by Agbaletu: 9:13am On Oct 21, 2017
tstx:
Hmm... The man was busy rambling instead of answering the Question "How exactly did you survive the recession..."
I have to read it twice to be sure that I did not miss any line.
The man did not state exactly how Jumia survived the recession. The guy is very clever.

1 Like

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2017
...despite the economic recession, the Nigeria market is still one of the best to do business in Africa...what we imagine the huge gains if our past and present leaders are sincere...
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by Ccdavies(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2017
tripleY:
LONG term strategic planning is giving the electronic commerce platform, Jumia a heads up against its competition that appears to be shedding weight due to recession. The company’s global chief executive officer (CEO), Jeremy Hodara admitted recently that the company may have not made enough gains in its five years of operating in Nigeria, but because of long term planning, the recession and Forex challenges did not in any way slow down its operations.

According to Hodara, “Nigeria is still where to be. The demand is still here despite the various economic challenges. Agreed, that the Nigerian economy has indeed been very tough in the last 18 months, which has thrown up lots of unpredictable behaviour from the consumers, but we are still ahead and instead of going down, we are recording increasing demands and we are expanding our offerings too.

Despite not being so profitable, we are still investing in the business in various forms. Jumia is a Nigerian company that will be here for another 100 years. We are on the long term. Nigeria is our He also used the opportunity to intimate on the company’s plans to extend the ‘Black Friday sales to one month instead of the usual two weeks the promotional sales last. He said this was to celebrate Nigerians who have also consistently patronised and kept the company running.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/how-we-survived-recession-in-nigeria-jumia/

So ?
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by 8stargeneral: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2017
Buhari government tried to bring ur company down but God pass him...hw many foreign investors are in nigeria now....Ndi ara APC.
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by justi4jesu(f): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2017
Vizboy1:

Justi4jesu Na technology section you suppose dey watin u dey find here

Na you i find come cheesy kiss tongue
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by Officialfarex: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2017
Good of them
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by Tobycharles: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2017
tstx:
Hmm... The man was busy rambling instead of answering the Question "How exactly did you survive the recession..."

Same question I keep pondering on after digesting the whole piece.

1 Like

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by okerekeikpo: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Ever since I joined jumia as a vendor my life has changed, I make cool cash every week, thanks for helping we Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by lightinchrist4: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2017
tripleY:
LONG term strategic planning is giving the electronic commerce platform, Jumia a heads up against its competition that appears to be shedding weight due to recession. The company’s global chief executive officer (CEO), Jeremy Hodara admitted recently that the company may have not made enough gains in its five years of operating in Nigeria, but because of long term planning, the recession and Forex challenges did not in any way slow down its operations.

According to Hodara, “Nigeria is still where to be. The demand is still here despite the various economic challenges. Agreed, that the Nigerian economy has indeed been very tough in the last 18 months, which has thrown up lots of unpredictable behaviour from the consumers, but we are still ahead and instead of going down, we are recording increasing demands and we are expanding our offerings too.

Despite not being so profitable, we are still investing in the business in various forms. Jumia is a Nigerian company that will be here for another 100 years. We are on the long term. Nigeria is our biggest market. We are not in a hurry to make profit. It took Amazon about 25 years before they could become profitable. But we shall remain consistent, serving the Nigerian economy thoroughly.”

Meanwhile, Hodara also hinted that about 60 of the company’s 15000 vendors across the country would benefit in a soft loan scheme the company was putting in place to boost ecommerce in Nigeria. He disclosed that vendors that have distinguished themselves in terms of professionalism; trust and also have verifiable needs for the loan would be considered so that their businesses will continue to flourish.

He also used the opportunity to intimate on the company’s plans to extend the ‘Black Friday sales to one month instead of the usual two weeks the promotional sales last. He said this was to celebrate Nigerians who have also consistently patronised and kept the company running.

Hodara confessed that Nigeria remained the largest market among the 20 countries Jumia currently has its footprints in Africa. Jumia recorded over eight million customers, who patronized the platform during the ‘Black Friday’ last year, but this year, Jumia is planning to double the figures.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/how-we-survived-recession-in-nigeria-jumia/

But what about Konga
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by lightinchrist4: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2017
okerekeikpo:
Ever since I joined jumia as a vendor my life has changed, I make cool cash every week, thanks for helping we Nigerians

Dont you like Konga?

1 Like

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by okerekeikpo: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2017
lightinchrist4:

Dont you like Konga?
I have an account with them but for some time now it has refused to log me in
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by freshdude99(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2017
tstx:
Exactly my thoughts. I stumbled on that to read specifics even though I wasn't expecting him to be all revealing for competition sake.
But as an entrepreneur, this past 18mnths has been a hard lesson learned because in Nigeria we are at the mercy of this useless government policies. But there were specifics strategies i employed to cut down daily operating cost from say 10-15k to like 3-5k to ensure business survival. It helped enormously and ensured I diversified to open up new income flow...

1 Like

Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by lightinchrist4: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
okerekeikpo:
I have an account with them but for some time now it has refused to log me in

Ok you can keep trying it will log you in
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by okerekeikpo: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
lightinchrist4:

Ok you can keep trying it will log you in
thanks
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by lightinchrist4: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
okerekeikpo:
thanks

Youre welcome
Re: How We Survived Recession In Nigeria – Jumia by jefcee: 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Casteilla Private Limited

How to get your books published, promoted and translated?
Casteilla.in:
The best website to publish your e-book is Casteilla.in, because along with e-publishing, you can also get free social media marketing and affordable translation for your e-books. Through Casteilla® You could publish your e-book in numerous e-publishing websites in a go. They have partnered with several international and national e-publishers, along with their own e-book store(work in progress). Following are the things that you have to do:
Publishing:
1. Get your manuscript ready in word or PDF format
2. Make sure you have the right to publish the book and there is no one else who would claim rights for the same
3. Contents of your book should not be present anywhere else in the internet and your books should pass plagiarism check
4. Send your manuscript to books@casteilla.in. Your manuscript will be checked for the above criteria and then be published in several international and Indian websites along with their own e-book store. Your book will be published with “Print on Demand” in websites that allow this option.
5. Once the checking process is done, you will receive a mail asking for some basic details and banking details for crediting your royalties for every book sold. Fill those details and reply back.
6. Once a copy of your book gets sold, it would be updated and 70% of the royalty amount received from other websites and 90% of the amount at which your book is sold in Casteilla book store would be credited to you every month.
Promotion:
1. All your e-books will be promoted in social media for free. If you require more advertisement through blogs or newspaper advertisements, mention “E-book promotion details” in the subject line and send an email to with your message to books@casteilla.in . You would get assistance on the payment details for such promotions. Make the necessary payment and publish your advertisements.
Translation:
1. Casteilla® provides one of the most affordable translation services for e-books. If you need to get your e-books translated, send a small sample of 100 words to books@casteilla.in and mention “E-book translation details” in the subject line. Once the translators send their sample translation, you could check the quality of their translation. Once if you are satisfied with the sample, you have to pay half the charges required for translating the book to Casteilla Private Limited (Through electronic bank transfer for Indian languages, and paypal for foreign language translations). You could pay the remaining amount after translation of the book is completed and you have checked the file for possible errors. Once you get the completed translation you could pay the remaining amount.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Microfinance Banks That Offers Loan Without Collateral / How To Produce Emulsion Paint(1drum Materials And Measurements) / Peace Mass Transit: No Glory Without A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.