Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" (65509 Views)

Davido Celebrates Oba Ewuare Of Benin On His Birthday, Shares Same Date With Son / Peruzzi: When Chioma Told Me She Was Dating Davido, I Didn't Believe It / Davido: 'I Doesn't Know Kemi Olunloyo' - She Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by Enahi(f): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
orlahtohbadt:
Yes it sounds Yoruba, Ondo and Osun people bear Imade... Edo's own is Imhade
Fucking stupid liar,na which day yorubas start to bear imade? For Ondo state maybe because they have some Edo people living In Ondo state for long.

Now liar tell us what imade mean in yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by Enahi(f): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
orlahtohbadt:
I have not told you Edo don't bear that name... Yorubas bear it too and there is a difference in the spelling... Imade to Imhade... For example, there is Adesuwa and there is Adesua, for Yoruba and Edo respectively

Gosh.u are so Fucking pathetic smh. FYI idiot yorubas don't bear Adesuwa but bear Adesewa. Adesuwa and imade are pure Edo names,I doubt if truly u are yoruba because u sound too foolish to be one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Enahi:

Gosh.u are so Fucking pathetic smh. FYI idiot yorubas don't bear Adesuwa but bear Adesewa. Adesuwa and imade are pure Edo names,I doubt if truly u are yoruba because u sound too foolish to be one.
Alright thanks... Learn to read well... Was there any where i said they are not Edo names, i only said some Yorubas bear those names too... Enjoy yourself... I admit i am foolish and i choose to be foolish for this.
Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
Enahi:

Fucking stupid liar,na which day yorubas start to bear imade? For Ondo state maybe because they have some Edo people living In Ondo state for long.

Now liar tell us what imade mean in yoruba?
Yes i have lied if u take it to be so... Imade is for someone that has lost the mother and it literally translates to mother is back... FYI i told you the Yorubas i am sure of that bears that name Osun and Ondo not all Yorubas... Nairaland is full of people that can't express themselves unless they use insults

2 Likes

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by Uhomanbulus110(f): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Congr may her soul rest in peace
Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by samuk: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
orlahtohbadt:
Yes it sounds Yoruba, Ondo and Osun people bear Imade... Edo's own is Imhade

Are you really seriou Imade is Davido late mother's name and the name is a Benin name. The full name is Imadeyunuagbon meaning I did not become what my enemies wish I become.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by Enahi(f): 12:46am On Oct 22, 2017
orlahtohbadt:
Alright thanks... Learn to read well... Was there any where i said they are not Edo names, i only said some Yorubas bear those names too... Enjoy yourself... I admit i am foolish and i choose to be foolish for this.
you deserve the Insult because u are a liar,people like u shouldn't be on Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
Enahi:
you deserve the Insult because u are a liar,people like u shouldn't be on Nairaland.
Lol, yea i deserve the insult, i am a liar and Nairaland is not for people like me... I should really be banned for lying and acknowledging that i lied... I lied Yoruba people bear that name, i lied that Imade is spealt as Imhade in Edo state, infact there was no element of truth in my words since i started Nairaland, are you satisfied now?
Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by bigbabyboy: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2017
orlahtohbadt:
Lol, yea i deserve the insult, i am a liar and Nairaland is not for people like me... I should really be banned for lying and acknowledging that i lied... I lied Yoruba people bear that name, i lied that Imade is spealt as Imhade in Edo state, infact there was no element of truth in my words since i started Nairaland, are you satisfied now?

Don't mind them bro. You are very correct. Imade is a Yoruba name. It is an Oriki in Owo kingdom. Also, the first all boys college in the city is named Imade college. The Oriki is used to address every Owo indigene, it is a general Oriki and they take great pride in it and it goes thus ''OMA l'owo 'made." Loosely translated to Son/daughter of the Soil(Sic. Owo).

I am not surprised that Edo's and binis bear the name, they copied a whole lot of Owo customs, traditions, Mores and Folkways including the arts ranging from bronze making, metallurgy etc. When you See an Owo king in his full regalia, you would think he his the Oba of Benin etc. This fact is well documented and for those who may think otherwise, Google, Wikipedia is your friend. I'll suggest you do some light reading. As for me, how do I know this, I was raised in Owo and grew up listening to many panegyrics, legends and history of Owo people by Owo historians themselves. People like the Former Ojomo Oluda of Ijebu-Owo, Oba John Agboola( He was a Judge before he became an Oba and he presided over the landmark case of the notorious armed robber, Dr. Ishola Oyenusi.), Chief Ademola Osho of Iyere-Owo(A former Commissioner under the Ade Adefarati's tenure as governor of Ondo state at the inception of the fourth republic)...etc.

N.B : For non Yorubas who may not understand what 'Oriki' means, my apologies, English language cannot fully translate what 'Oriki' means, so for this purpose, Oriki remains Oriki. It may loosely translate into panegyrics but its concept is much more wider and deeper than just panegyrics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by konoplyanka: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
dominique:

Owo is not too far from Edo state, so the school could have been named after an Edo person. What does the name translate to in Yoruba?

Send me a private message

Its the indigenous appellation of the town.

Like eko aromisalegbelegbe.
Ijesha eleni ewele
Akure oloyemekun
Owo made.

So its not from an Edo person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by orlahtohbadt(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
bigbabyboy:

Don't mind them bro. You are very correct. Imade is a Yoruba name. It is an Oriki in Owo kingdom. Also, the first all boys college in the city is named Imade college. The Oriki is used to address every Owo indigene, it is a general Oriki and they take great pride in it and it goes thus ''OMA l'owo 'made." Loosely translated to Son/daughter of the Soil(Sic. Owo).

I am not surprised that Edo's and binis bear the name, they copied a whole lot of Owo customs, traditions, Mores and Folkways including the arts ranging from bronze making, metallurgy etc. When you See an Owo king in his full regalia, you would think he his the Oba of Benin etc. This fact is well documented and for those who may think otherwise, Google, Wikipedia is your friend. I'll suggest you do some light reading. As for me, how do I know this, I was raised in Owo and grew up listening to many panegyrics, legends and history of Owo people by Owo historians themselves. People like the Former Ojomo Oluda of Ijebu-Owo, Oba John Agboola( He was a Judge before he became an Oba and he presided over the landmark case of the notorious armed robber, Dr. Ishola Oyenusi.), Chief Ademola Osho of Iyere-Owo(A former Commissioner under the Ade Adefarati's tenure as governor of Ondo state at the inception of the fourth republic)...etc.

N.B : For non Yorubas who may not understand what 'Oriki' means, my apologies, English language cannot fully translate what 'Oriki' means, so for this purpose, Oriki remains Oriki. It may loosely translate into panegyrics but its concept is much more wider and deeper than just panegyrics.
Well i had no time for arguments so i left them alone since they couldn't understand the fact that the name is not peculiar to Edo people only. From first hand experience, i can categorically claim that Osun and Ondo people bear that name, i can't say of other Yoruba states. So if anybody insults me and calls me a liar on a faceless platform, then i am a liar. Thanks anyway

2 Likes

Re: Davido: "I Wish My Mum Were Alive To See My Picture With Oba Ewuare Of Benin" by chiamaka4g: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2017
Enahi:
Because na your papa get nairaland abi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Transgender Stephanie Rose Show It All In New Photos / BBNaija's Cross Posts His Nude Video On Snapchat / Genevieve Nnaji About To Complete Her Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.