Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin (37966 Views)

Davido Releases Statement & CCTV Videos On Tagbo Umeike's Death / Davido Lied To Police About Tagbo Umeike's Death. How CCTV Exposed Him / Caroline Danjuma: I Dated Tagbo Umeike; Why I Called Davido Out Over His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nollyzonenews: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2017
The younger brother of late Tagbo Umeike has confirmed that singer Davido was indeed absent at his brother’s funeral in Anambra state yesterday.

The young man identified as Chigbo Umeike told Punch NG that his brother was buried yesterday in the absence of Davido and his representatives.

He also used the opportunity to debunk the notion that their mother had stroke due to Tagbo’s demise.

His words:

“My brother was buried on Friday and it is so sad that we have lost someone with a big heart. However, Davido was not present at the burial neither did he send a representative but at this point, we have no comment on that.”

“I would also like to use this medium to correct the notion that my mother has stroke because she doesn’t. We saw the report online but it is not true. The burial ceremony went well. I would miss my brother a lot because he had a big heart. He was not only my brother but a lot of people’s brother as well. Through my late brother, I have made a lot of friends turned brother and despite his death, I hope to still keep these wonderful people as my brothers. My sister in the UK came down for the burial. For now, we just finished burying my brother and we would want the dust to settle”.

While his friend was being buried in Anambra, Davido was busy enjoying royal welcome in Edo state. He shared photo of himself enjoying the company of crown Prince of Edo state. The singer had a show in the state from where he is expected to travel to Sierra Leone for another concert.

http://edition.soundoro.com/davido-absent-tagbo-umeikes-burialspotted-benin-edo-state-party/

1 Share

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by DanielsParker(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2017
I really don't know why Davido didn't attend the funeral. could be because of personal or security reasons, only him can tell.

The guy has been buried, he should rest in peace. we should be careful of the friends we keep and roll with.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by folashade96(f): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2017
What am i even doing here?

5 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by hungryboy(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2017
this is why i dont have friends.

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by achivs(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2017
chai painful sha
Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Fxmanager(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Okay.
Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by klem93(m): 7:16am On Oct 21, 2017
What is his presence going to do there? Send him to heaven or what abeg make una free Davido after convicting him for what he knows nothing about una don’t start again with present and absent... who mark the register

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2017
Is it Davido that will bury him?stupid post everywhere....

56 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by goldbim(f): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2017
The truth is life goes on with or without davido's presence at Tagbos's burial... He shared photo of himself enjoying the company of crown Prince of Edo state. The singer had a show in the state from where he is expected to travel to Sierra Leone for another concert....
Àll parties involved should move on though its never easy to lose a family member..the truth will reveal itself somehow!

8 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by hatchy(f): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2017
These guys were not really friends,they just know each other.
There is difference between a friend and someone you know,probably throu another friend.

Tagbo just wasted his life for nothing, drinking like a fool. His internal organs were damaged by the spirit he consumed like water that very evening trying to prove his strength and prowess with kids he ought to advice.

In no distant time he will fade away from the public and even his close family members since he was not married neither did he leave any legacy behind.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nbote(m): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2017
Wat is wrong with ppl sef.. Davido has reiterated he barely knew d guy and was only invited to d guy's birthday party... Does dat make dem friends?? He's dead and gone for heavens sakes. Are dey expecting Davido who dey accused of killing their broda to attend so as to prove his innocence or what?

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2017
Nbote:
Wat is wrong with ppl sef.. Davido has reiterated he barely knew d guy and was only invited to d guy's birthday party... Does dat make dem friends?? He's dead and gone for heavens sakes. Are dey expecting Davido who dey accused of killing their broda to attend so as to prove his innocence or what?
my bro i no understand some pple self. dj olu wey b him man, he attended. tagbo na jst pesin him knw

39 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by looseweight: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lolzzzz

We all need friends. He ought to send a Rep if he couldn't make it

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

3 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Proffdada: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Abeg free this guy. He's paid with his friend's blood.
Yoruba adage goes: if the dog befriends a goat, he'll eat dung. Mind the friends you keep

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by fergusen: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
undecided
Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
is this matter not dying anytime soo?

na waa ooo.....

let it trend guys.

#AIM4AMBO2019

Drabeey was HERE
Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nawteemaxie(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Since due to obvious reasons, I couldn't read the epistle, can someone summarize what was said?
Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
So? Must he be there?

5 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by moscobabs(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
why must he be there? you want Anambra touts to kill me him?

14 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Badonasty(m): 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nollyzonenews:
The younger brother of late Tagbo Umeike has confirmed that singer Davido was indeed absent at his brother’s funeral in Anambra state yesterday.

The young man identified as Chigbo Umeike told Punch NG that his brother was buried yesterday in the absence of Davido and his representatives.

He also used the opportunity to debunk the notion that their mother had stroke due to Tagbo’s demise.

His words:

“My brother was buried on Friday and it is so sad that we have lost someone with a big heart. However, Davido was not present at the burial neither did he send a representative but at this point, we have no comment on that.”

“I would also like to use this medium to correct the notion that my mother has stroke because she doesn’t. We saw the report online but it is not true. The burial ceremony went well. I would miss my brother a lot because he had a big heart. He was not only my brother but a lot of people’s brother as well. Through my late brother, I have made a lot of friends turned brother and despite his death, I hope to still keep these wonderful people as my brothers. My sister in the UK came down for the burial. For now, we just finished burying my brother and we would want the dust to settle”.

While his friend was being buried in Anambra, Davido was busy enjoying royal welcome in Edo state. He shared photo of himself enjoying the company of crown Prince of Edo state. The singer had a show in the state from where he is expected to travel to Sierra Leone for another concert.

http://edition.soundoro.com/davido-absent-tagbo-umeikes-burialspotted-benin-edo-state-party/

A friend or "hanger on"?

4 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by passyhansome(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
THAT'S LIFE, BE CAREFUL OF PEOPLE YOU CALL FRIENDS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Bestman111(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
If it were me, I won't attend too

12 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Kashbwoyjnr: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
It's better he didn't attend, I know my igbo brothers. They will definitely attack him.

15 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by omooba969(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
9ja ppl & shenanigans are like ...

3 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by masada: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
gues dey probably don’t know each other like dat

probably drinking buddies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by adeniyi3971(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Abeg make una free DAVIDO na...everybody masturbating on this DAVIDO issue.. Media sef carry say the guy mama get stoke..haba

1 Like

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by tolexy007(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
must he b there?

5 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by onadana: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Too much emotions. Their friendship was basically on the Tiquilla table...no hard feelings.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by SalamRushdie: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
It wouldn't have been safe for the singer to turn up there in person but he could have at least sent some flowers cash and representative

2 Likes

Re: Davido Absent At Tagbo Umeike’s Burial; Had A Royal Welcome In Benin by Guyman02: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
His death is a warning to everyone, never engage in a dangerous game without insurance, now he can't use the Samsung Galaxy phone he was targeting for downing excess shots of strong alcohol tequila

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Marry A Fair Girl Unless I See Her Childhood Photo - M.I / Daniella Okeke Poses With Her White SUV In Dallas, USA / Laura Ikeji And Ogbonna Kanu Welcome Second Child, Laurel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.