Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" (46144 Views)

Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / Amosun Visits Ajibola Olutayo Otubose, 67-Year-Old Woman Who Gave Birth To Baby / Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by celebsnes: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2017
The father of Vice President Osinbajo’s wife, Elder Olutayo Soyode, speaking in an exclusive interview with the Punch stated that he isn’t a big fan of visiting with his daughter.

According to the close associate of the Late Obafemi Awolowo, going to the villa to visit his daughter was like going to jail, given the way his movement would be monitored and he would need to sign various forms before he could go out, for security reasons.

During his interview with the Punch, when he was asked what visiting with his daughter is like to which he said;

“I don’t go there often. Going there is like going to jail, as far as I’m concerned. It’s like locking me up. The way you see me, do I look like someone that can be kept in one place and before I could go out, I have to sign papers and there would be plenty phone calls? I would just run mad because I’m not used to such.

“I’m a free man. That place (Aso Rock), is a very good place but I’m not the type to live there, so I don’t go there often. Anytime I go, I do give them time, like telling them I was coming for two days. I don’t even live with them. Let us say we are in Abuja now, you possibly can’t visit me for this interview. They won’t allow you to come in, and if you have to, you would have to sign different papers.

“If I go there, I would be there alone, watching television. I can’t do that. I would rather stay where they can visit me and anybody can see me.”

Soyode, then explained that it was the will of God that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo rose from being a university lecturer to become the Vice-President, and that all her daughter wanted to be was a confectioner despite being a qualified lawyer.

He recalled that by the time his late wife, (Dolapo’s mother) was delivered of Dolapo in the United Kingdom where they met, he was believing God to have a male child, as it was customary in his family to have a male as their first child. However, he said if she had been a male, he might not be as close to her as they are today.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/osinbajos-father-in-law/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by doctimonyeka(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2017
Proud father reaping the fruits of His labour...

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by wunmi590(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lol
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Promismike(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
Your daughter is a pride to you. Congrats!

But when the wicked rules the people are in anguish. Your daughter and his pastor husband are associates to the evil and wickedness that rule Nigeria today.

44 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by kay29000(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
WOW! The man looks sharp and young. OP, are you sure this is a recent picture of the man?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Nawteemaxie(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
But we never hear you complain about the monthly allowance you're entitled to, as the father of one of the prisoners.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by snowstormm(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
If he doesn't like going to aso rock,then he should asked his daughter to divorce osinbajo and marry 1 okada rider in Lagos so that his in-law's house won't feel like prison

is it that hard to do that?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Generalkaycee(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Aso Rock is a prison

2 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by DirtyGold: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Shoro niyen?
Oya tell me, were you expecting the most secure location in Nigeria to have an express passage with only one or two abokiis at the gate telling you carry go baba?

What's tha business?

15 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by SalamRushdie: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Proud father reaping the fruits of His labour...

What Labour exactly? The only thing that has laboured here is called a Vagina

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by boman2014: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
still young
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by tansdty: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hard times sir
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by romeorailss: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
angry cheesy
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by kindnyce(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
People living there are prisoners of conscience, so therefore you are not far from the Truth

5 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by affable4(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
Tagged-along fame. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by room089: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
Different strokes for different folks!

Baba you even got reasons and means to visit Aso rock in the first place and you are complaining. Me, I really wish to go there but I've get no legs.

Baba God ejoor pick up my call!
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by chillychill(f): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Don't even complain when ur daughters husband was going into politics u were campaigning for him

2 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by yinxx(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
interesting
happy father
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by omenka(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
It is called Security Protocol sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by emazy10(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Next
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by jerryunit48: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ehhhn let her sometimes come to visit you too now abi you enjoy the pleasure of Aso rock abi Daddy?
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Obaf1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
in greeky language we call it "panishun meaning pa inlaw"
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Atiku2019: 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
All Protocols Must Be Observed Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by ogologoamu: 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Your daughter is a prisoner.

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by easydozy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proud papa.. .

2 Likes

Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Abfinest007(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
then go her but ur daughter in the prison since aso rock is now like a prison
Re: Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" by Bigsteveg(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
chillychill:
Don't even complain when ur daughters husband was going into politics u were campaigning for him
Do you even understand what he's trying to say at all?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasiru Abdullahi 'Chile Maidoki' Joins Kano Police / How Buhari, Saraki Peace Deal Collapsed / Sani Shinkafi Ejects IDPs Living In His House For Voting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.