Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (35094 Views)

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / His Huge Anaconda Has Totally Damaged Me But I Refuse To Accept Breakup - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Saverin: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

Which church does the lady attend?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Regards!

Leave the lady she must be from the coast......

My own anglican....

The primate must hear this?

The girl might be a pentecostal......the congregation of confuscionist in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by essentialB(f): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The rivalry between Catholic and Anglican is deep.

Is it even OK to marry in the man's church?

He didn't say she is Catholic but this born again fad or craze.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by YelloweWest: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Oga go and fix that relationship
I hate break-ups because of petty reasons

God is everywhere
So what are u saying? He should leave his church because of her?
If she truly loves him why can't she allow him attend the church of his choice?

I'm an Anglican. My spouse attends ooo. We are married happily and peacefully!

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dasherz:
well for me I can't with orthodox churches all those assignment churches

OP I feel you should give it a thought, I believe a couple with a likened mind in religion and believes can survive the hurdles of a relationship as they have one spiritual counselor .. you should pray and seek guidance on this so you won't end up regrettting ya action someday

bluntboy comman share ya views
good morning

thepussyhunter you should come in here cool

Church membership is not certificate to heaven
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by robotix: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
8lngish:

what's wrong with Jehovah witness
they don't marry outside their church

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by darlenese(f): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
rubbish .
I was an Anglican before marriage , today I attend RCCG with hubby , what's the big deal,?

una never ready for marriage .
Nonsense and ingredient.

5 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
Another one? OK welcome aboard Sir. grin grin grin

I wish religion will be banned in Nigeria 'cos Nigerians are so gullible and stupid with it.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by sirfee(m): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:

I'm really not a denominational person sincerely... If tomorrow i'm not okay with the Anglican church, I will sure look for another Church... But sincerely, I don't think I should leave because of her, not even giving me any reason(s) why she does not like Anglicans.
Both of you ain't ready, religion is really destroying Africa.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
No
MhizzAJ:

Oga go and fix that relationship
I hate break-ups because of petty reasons

God is everywhere

Why shouldn't the girl too agree that God is everywhere? Why should it be the guy doing her will and not vice versa?

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by godunia(m): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
maxysmith:
The only church i can never get married into is Jehovah witness but i don't think church should be a barrier
they won't even think of marrying you, your mind shouldn't wonder in that direction. Thanks
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by kevoh(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
kaziblake:
I'm sure she is from the Catholic doctrine
No where in the OP, did they give a hint of Catholic church. Anyway, there is what is called mixed marriage in the Catholic Church. Intending couples are allowed to marry each other, while the non Catholic continues to attend his own church/mosque provided the non-catholic agrees to raise the kids in Catholic faith.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
biacan:
In my church mix marriage exist.......where by if you're not from my church after the wedding in my church you can continue with your church while I continue with mine...... though my current boyfriend that one will follow me anywhere cause he knows am the real deal..... he's so rich and respectful one of the reasons why I love him too
lol...current? Ow I get it now...
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by godunia(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
kevoh:

So can these so called true Christians marry each other? Can a deeper life member agree to marry a Jehovah witness?
the question should have been can a Jehovah’s witness agree to marry deeper life member?

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Dasherz(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
adetayo234:

Church membership is not certificate to heaven

i know but do you think a couple with different opinions and believe will sail through in the case of trials?

for me I can't marry a guy who is a member s all these assignment churches cos to an extent some of these churches don't teach the truth of the gospel, everyone is a witch around them, everyone is plotting to kill them .. i solely believe whatever truth is desired of God is in the bible so why the assignments?

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Adaumunocha(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
essentialB:

He didn't say she is Catholic but this born again fad or craze.
Like we not serving same God. Well I can't go near a deeperlifer, JW and those ones that don't eat meat sha...
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by motun2017(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
chloride6:

What if the guy changes church to cele after 3 kids?
i wont go wt him .lailai. i v celestial family members and i just dont like the church. v attended lik a year and i know what im saying

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Eazie351(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
so, it's one thing to marry from another religion its another thing to marry from another doctrine of the same religion
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by kevoh(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
godunia:
the question should have been can a Jehovah’s witness agree to marry deeper life member?
It goes both ways...
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

That is what the Church has been reduced to. Thousands of doctrines within the Christian fold can only breed deadly religious affiliations akin to tribalism and encouraging discrimination.

And you are one of those dead brains promoting that division. Some idiots think membership of a church is what will take them to heaven. They are so stupid in their reasoning to think anyone attending some churches will go to hell. Bunch of blind idiots .

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by joanana(f): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Regards!

So because of church u guys broke up. You are not ready at all. Like some one said get ready to compromise on many things.

I use to think this way before but now it has changed my dear. I am a Catholic, if you ask me 6 years ago if I will marry a non Catholic I will tell you never!!!. My response is I am born a catholic, I will marry a Catholic but today it's different.

We all serve same God but have different doctrines. I asked myself what's important? Is it my happiness or the church? My happiness and peace of mind. Today I don't regret it because I thank God everyday for this decision and I have never been so happy. My marriage is so sweet that I will say yes again and again if I am to take this decision again.

Oga op go back and ask yourself what matters? Since you didn't break up with her,she did . Move on!!! Spirituality is a personal race. Let her go. In marriage you have to compromise some things for the sake of your happiness!!!. Not for what people will say about you, I don't care what they say or think.

Sometimes family thinks they know what's best but they don't. The ones that married Catholic men are they really happy? Before you quote me, I didn't say they are bad. You don't judge a man by the church he attends but he's character.

My 2 cents

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by biacan(f): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
aamstih:
Congrats on your man.
Which part makes you love him more? The rich or the respectful?

The both

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Regards!

Anglicans not born is totally force. The church of Nigeria have different fire brands that are spirit filled. Your girlfriend doesn't love you and is only finding an excuse. Personally i give the Orthodox churches hand because they are well organized. Their priest don't leave extravagant life as we see in most Pentecostal churches. If you watch them closely the organize crusades and even pastors from Pentecostal churches ( although not all). During my confirmation as a communicant before I left them, our bishop lay hand on a lady and immediately she started speaking tongues. They preach the Bible as it's except that many of their priests are not spirit filled but there many evangelist doing wonders

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by crackhouse(m): 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
My younger sister's husband was an Anglican and which would have made him not to marry my sis cos my father insisted that my sister will not change from Catholic to Anglican but if at all they will go ahead with the marriage that my sister will continue with her Catholic faith while the husband can go ahead with his Anglican faith and that was how it was settled but to our surprise just few days to their wedding the man changed to Catholic and he was welcomed to the Catholic Church where they had their wedding too and since then he has been a catholic member and he's enjoying it.

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
8lngish:

what's wrong with Jehovah witness
They rarely marry outside. They marry themselves

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by HARDDON: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning

Church is everything mIzz JJ
The spiritual controls the physical. Go figure
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Mr op please don't listen to anyone telling you to leave your church or give it a thought. If she can break up because of something as mundane asthe church you attend, then she can break up for anything then. If you change your church because you want to get married to her, just be ready to start compromising on many things, because she and her family don't like it.

Haba the Anglican is not born again enough?
Don't they have EFAC?

Why are some Christians like this? That's just the sole reason why there's so much disintegration in Christendom, some people believe there church is better off others, and you have to be a member of their church to be taken serious.

Seriously if I'm in your shoes or I have a brother in your shoe, I will advise him to forget the girl. If you are good for her in all ramifications but she won't agree to marry you because of your denomination, then it's her lost.

God knows I don't like overly religious peeps
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by mapet: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Mr op please don't listen to anyone telling you to leave your church or give it a thought. If she can break up because of something as mundane asthe church you attend, then she can break up for anything then. If you change your church because you want to get married to her, just be ready to start compromising on many things, because she and her family don't like it.

Haba the Anglican is not born again enough?
Don't they have EFAC?

Why are some Christians like this? That's just the sole reason why there's so much disintegration in Christendom, some people believe there church is better off others, and you have to be a member of their church to be taken serious.

Seriously if I'm in your shoes or I have a brother in your shoe, I will advise him to forget the girl. If you are good for her in all ramifications but she won't agree to marry you because of your denomination, then it's her lost.

God knows I don't like overly religious peeps

My dear sis,

Your sub is absolutely on point. The moment her love is conditioned like this, she should as well go. Painful though, but this to me is subtle blackmail. I have a friend that went through something like this. He let her off.... and my friend later became an Anglican priest

5 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by sirfee(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
somehow:
See irony for just one comment.

Church shouldn't be a barrier according to you, yet you can't marry a JW?
She is speaking from both sides of her mouth.....just can't stop laughing.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by KKKWHITE(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
washingtonklef:

From their doctrine only around 144,000 people will reach heaven... Don't you know heaven is full already... They'll close the door on you
the main reason why God actually created this earth was for mankind this earth is meant for us when rapture finally takes place the earth will rebuilt by God and the true Christians will live here forever
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by yinkard4me(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning
Now ure quick to condemn dia actions...
What if she sees Anglican church the same way u see Celestial church or Jehova witness

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by kevoh(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
maxysmith:
The only church i can never get married into is Jehovah witness but i don't think church should be a barrier
Award for hypocrite of the year goes to you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corper Proposes To His Corper Lover In Ibadan During Their POP / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.