Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (35082 Views)

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / His Huge Anaconda Has Totally Damaged Me But I Refuse To Accept Breakup - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2017
MrDKR:

I will Bro.! I sha know I have treated her well, just the way I wish other men to treat my Sister or Daughter...

Life goes on!
You have done well my brother don't stress yourself over it. You will be the one that will have the last laugh that i promise you. You will one day reflect back on this and thank your Chi why it never worked out with her. I am sorry to say but if she walked past the 4 walls of a university and she's still allowing such petty reasons like religious denomination to be her headache. Then her fees were in vain.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2017
arcnomec:

My brother am facing same challenges right now.
Mine is that the dad gave me a condition to part ways with winner's and join Catholic.I have even promised wedding her in Catholic, just to honour the dad that is a Knight.
So confuse and don't know what to do.
I need advise,please save a soul
Its a very simple sturvs please her old man by wedding his daughter in his church after that go back to your own church. Life is not hard.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2017
nkemdi89:

My neighbour and her 3 sisters are still in their fathers house, because they want to marry a Catholic man at all cost, according to them, their great grand father was a Catholic, so it runs in their lineage.
grin grin grin dem go old wella for their papa house dem never chee something.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yes, they will go to hell if they don't stop bowing down to worthless images. But, I cannot break up with a lady simply because she is Catholic. Love is a beautiful thing. Even Joseph and Moses married foreign women . Catholics are my Christian brethren; I am very concerned about their souls.

Have you seen your stupidity? They will go to hell? Are you God to decide? Do you realise you've registered your name in hell for judging others? Or "thou shalt not judge" only applies when a pastor is involved?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Have you seen your stupidity? They will go to hell? Are you God to decide? Do you realise you've registered your name in hell for judging others? Or "thou shalt not judge" only applies when a pastor is involved?

Warning someone is different from judging them
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

And "they will go to hell.... " is a warning where you came from?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by edimolu(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yet another alt form the cunning mind-numbing hypocritic bastard! grin
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
edimolu:
Yet another alt form the cunning mind-numbing hypocritic bastard! grin
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

And "they will go to hell.... " is a warning where you came from?

I placed a condition there and that makes it a warning.

I will beat you if you don't come is a warning.

Catholics will go to hell if they don't stop bowing to images
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
My
BluntBoy:

I placed a condition there and that makes it a warning.

I will beat you if you don't come is a warning.

Catholics will go to hell if they don't stop bowing to images

And you must be God to decide what can take them to hell? Who gave you such authority or right to decide? And your opinion is based on what scripture?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by edimolu(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Charge at me punk! Am here to nullify everything you hold dear, the 40+ old disgraced-fool masking in various alts....i see you grin
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:
My

And you must be God to decide what can take them to hell? Who gave you such authority or right to decide? And your opinion is based on what scripture?

Are you this ignorant? So, are we depending on accidents to make heaven? Are there no models for Christians to follow to make heaven? Jesus makes it evidently clear that only through Him can we make heaven. Bowing down to images is usurping Christ as the exclusive way to God.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
edimolu:

Charge at me punk! Am here to nullify everything you hold dear, the 40+ old disgraced-fool masking in various alts....i see you grin

Is there something wrong with you? I am Bluntboy and I have no alternates. If you have proofs, show them. I am not going to take this easy with you. I hate blind and unwarranted accusations.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Are you this ignorant? So, are we depending on accidents to make heaven? Are there no models for Christians to follow to make heaven? Jesus makes it evidently clear that only through Him can we make heaven. Bowing down to images is usurping Christ as the exclusive way to God.

Show one Bible verse that supports what you are saying. You claim you are going to heaven, yet you are deficient of Bible knowledge. What a useless hypocritical so-called Christian
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Show one Bible verse that supports what you are saying. You claim you are going to heaven, yet you are deficient of Bible knowledge. What a useless hypocritical so-called Christian

Commonsense should tell you that bowing to images is usurping Christ in your life. Why do you condemn idol worshippers? What is the difference between bowing down to the image of Mary and bowing down to the image of Sango?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
dumo1:

You have done well my brother don't stress yourself over it. You will be the one that will have the last laugh that i promise you. You will one day reflect back on this and thank your Chi why it never worked out with her. I am sorry to say but if she walked past the 4 walls of a university and she's still allowing such petty reasons like religious denomination to be her headache. Then her fees were in vain.

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Commonsense should tell you that bowing to images is usurping Christ in your life. Why do you condemn idol worshippers? What is the difference between bowing down to the image of Mary and bowing down to the image of Sango?

Imagine this idiot basing the issues of spiritually and godliness on common sense? What's the use of the Holy Scriptures if all you need is common sense? You must be a dead brain fool
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
dumo1:

Hahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Imagine this idiot basing the issues of spiritually and godliness on common sense? What's the use of the Holy Scriptures if all you need is common sense? You must be a dead brain fool

I am not basing it on commonsense, I only asked that you reach a conclusion with comparative religious analysis.

God never loved idol worshipping right from the OT, so, I don't know why this should still be an issue. Idol worshipping is bad and should be condemned.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Adesolomon2014(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning
wu said celestial preach from house to house every sunday mawni
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

I am not basing it on commonsense, I only asked that you reach a conclusion with comparative religious analysis.

God never loved idol worshipping right from the OT, so, I don't know why this should still be an issue. Idol worshipping is bad and should be condemned.

If you are a true Christian and not a fake self-deciever, prove your point from the scriptures.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

If you are a true Christian and not a fake self-deciever, prove your point from the scriptures.

Are you for real? You want me to prove that God hates idol worshipping? Bro, I don't have time to waste.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by slydog(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Fine you have already agreed to wed her in the Catholic Church, which is ok.
After the wedding what then?
Will you want your kids to be baptized in Catholic Church?
Do you want a family that's is divided in terms of where they worship like your prospective in-law's family?
These kind of division have effect on kids, especially when they are young.
Is that a condition for her to marry you?
It's okay if you are willingly to change your church, but then it should be your choice and not as a condition. Marriage and love shouldn't have conditions attached to it.

Of course there's no unity of purpose spiritual. The problem with people that think like that is that they see other Christians as being lesser, they see themselves as the perfect Christian and that is already a problem on it own. After baptizing the kids in her church, they will definitely be going there with her (as their mom), will you be fine with that? If you disagree, you guys will start having issues.

Thank you for this. There is wisdom in you. I have made up my mind to tell her no I will not take this. If she's not Willing maybe We should go our separate ways, a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage. Thank you
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

Are you for real? You want me to prove that God hates idol worshipping? Bro, I don't have time to waste.

Bible verse or you are just fooling yourself
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by danyaril2yahoo: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
JW is an anti-Christ organisation,Because they are against the gift of the Holy spirit.
8lngish:

what's wrong with Jehovah witness
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by slydog(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
mabea:
It depends on your spiritual ground. Personally i wont wed in catholic. Marriage is a spiritual institution and before going into such covenant i must be careful who lays hand,blesses and pours the oil on me.

Thank you
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Bible verse or you are just fooling yourself

“ You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods..." (Exodus 20:4-5)

so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure , the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water below the earth. ( Deuteronomy 4:16-18)

All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols– worship him, all you gods! (Psalm 97:7)

“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols. (Isaiah 42:cool
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

“ You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods..." (Exodus 20:4-5)

so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure , the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky, the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water below the earth. ( Deuteronomy 4:16-18)

All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols– worship him, all you gods! (Psalm 97:7)

“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols. (Isaiah 42:cool

Now, read Numbers 21:8 and tell me the meaning.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

Now, read Numbers 21:8 and tell me the meaning.

The snake served a purpose; it didn't become a practice. It didn't become a regular act.

The snake foreshadowed Christ. It served the temporary purpose of what Christ was to come to fulfil eternally. Read this verse:

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him" (John 3:14-15)

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

The snake served a purpose; it didn't become a practice. It didn't become a regular act.

The snake foreshadowed Christ. It served the temporary purpose of what Christ was to come to fulfil eternally. Read this verse:

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him" (John 3:14-15)

And have you asked yourself why God would ask them to make a graven image after he had asked them not to make graven image?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
adetayo234:

And have you asked yourself why God would ask them to make a graven image after he had asked them not to make graven image?

The snake was not a graven image. Get your fact right. It served a purpose. Ultimately, they were never to bow to it but to look up at it.

Note: the incident only happened once in history. It didn't become a Jewish or Christian practice.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
BluntBoy:

The snake was not a graven image. Get your fact right. It served a purpose. Ultimately, they were never to bow to it but to look up at it.

Note: the incident only happened once in history. It didn't become a Jewish or Christian practice.

Do you know another meaning for graven image? It also means Carved image. So, is the snake a graven/carved image or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Things That Can Make A Man Lose Interest In You (no. 6 Is Annoying) / Corper Proposes To His Corper Lover In Ibadan During Their POP / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.