Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink (1031 Views)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
"And spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And byou shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
"

Deuteronomy 14:26 King James Version (KJV)

And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household!

I would recommend moderate intake of alcohol for health reasons!
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
It's a sin.
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.( proverbs 20:1)

Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!( proverb 23:31)

Prov 31:4-5

4 It is not for kings, Lemuel— it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, 5 lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by iamgenius(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
suyamasta:
"And spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And byou shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
"

And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household!

asuustrike2009:
It's a sin.
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.( proverbs 20:1)

Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!( proverb 23:31)

Prov 31:4-5

4 It is not for kings, Lemuel— it is not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, 5 lest they drink and forget what has been decreed, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.

Who is saying the truth between both of you?

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

I speak nothing but the truth !
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ecclesiastes 9:7

Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.

Isaiah 62:8-9
8 The LORD has sworn by his right hand and by his mighty arm: “Never again will I give your grain as food for your enemies, and never again will foreigners drink the new wine for which you have toiled; 9 but those who harvest it will eat it and praise the LORD, and those who gather the grapes will drink it in the courts of my sanctuary.”

Psalm 104:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
1 timothy 5:23 drink little wine for the use of thy stomach sake

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

what do u expect from d followers of d teaching of a book in which d verses are contradictory no unity within d scriptures so definitely there will b no unity btwn themselves

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

If Yahweh was against it why would he put it there. Many Christians argue blindly by saying that it's drunkenness that's a sin but the forget that it's the intake of alcohol be excess or moderate that leads to sin. Isn't better you do anyway with it completely than fall into sin. Would a person see fire and decides to enter knowing fully well that it will burn him or her? Isn't it stupid to enter fire because you want to have a feel?. The above scriptures are clear on the intake of alcohol so it's better to stay away.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by iamgenius(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
suyamasta:
I speak nothing but the truth !

Defend it then.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

Defend it then.
The truth is clear! Drink strong drink! Not my words but as it is written...
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by iamgenius(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
suyamasta:
Are you a Christian or an atheist?
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by PastorAIO: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
suyamasta:
suyamasta:
iamgenius:

I think the matter should be 'What kind of a Christian are you'? Are you a John the Baptist christian? Or are you a Jesus Christ christian?

18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’ But wisdom is vindicated by her actions.” Matthew 11.19

3“Into what, then, were you baptized?” Paul asked. “The baptism of John,” they replied. 4Paul explained: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.…

Acts 19:4
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
suyamasta:
"

Using Good New Bible got me thinking..Does He mean it..
"26 Spend it on whatever you want---beef, lamb, wine, beer---and there, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves." (GNT Deuteronomy 14:26)

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

I am a human being!
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
I only seek truth and share truth !
Re: Deuteronomy 14:26 ::: Says Drink Strong Drink by suyamasta(m): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Stlawr:

Using Good New Bible got me thinking..Does He mean it..
"26 Spend it on whatever you want---beef, lamb, wine, beer---and there, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves." (GNT Deuteronomy 14:26)
Yes

(1) (Reply)

How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham / Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God / In Response To Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi Comments On RCBC In RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.