Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. (1064 Views)

New Computer Training Centre In Ibadan / Tips For Buying A New Computer / Purchasing China's New Computer And Other Office Equipment, Or Second-hand Compu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by brownlord: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
Has anyone experienced virus notification on a new laptop? This is a puzzle I’m finding hard to crack.

I recently asked someone to help me get a laptop for office use. The first one I asked him to buy which I sent him money for, suddenly increased after sending money to him. At least that was what he told me.

So he bought another, but that’s not the problem. I asked him to help send the laptop to where they will be using it, putting on the laptop for the first time. this virus notification was found on the screen. I will like to know if it’s possible for such a notification to be found on a new computer or if I was given a used one as a new one.

Please, I need urgent answer on this

Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by udemzyudex(m): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
It is possible, he must have help you to install some things on it and the antivirus is notifying you.
Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by brownlord: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
udemzyudex:
It is possible, he must have help you to install some things on it and the antivirus is notifying you.

I doubt he installed anything on it. He just asked me if he can put it on when he showed me and I said he shouldn’t. The person I bought it for put it on today and this came up
Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by udemzyudex(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
brownlord:

I doubt he installed anything on it. He just asked me if he can put it on when he showed me and I said he shouldn’t. The person I bought it for put it on today and this came up

Hope you didn't connect any device to it, like your phone or modem.

The antivirus or Windows defender might have considered it a threat.

Since the laptop is in good condition except for the antivirus stuff.. Just format and drive it again
Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by brownlord: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
udemzyudex:

Hope you didn't connect any device to it, like your phone or modem.

The antivirus or Windows defender might have considered it a threat.

Since the laptop is in good condition except for the antivirus stuff.. Just format and drive it again

No device was connected, I’m more concerned if they gave a used laptop as a new one. I sent money for a new one
Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by udemzyudex(m): 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
brownlord:

No device was connected, I’m more concerned if they gave a used laptop as a new one. I sent money for a new one

Check if there is recovery, windows defender can be very funny.. If it's a new laptop you will definitely see recovery when click on my computer.

Maybe he installed some applications or drive the laptop before sending it to you, and windows defender is just reacting to what was installed. This always happen when you insert the drivers disc without switching off windows defender.
Re: Please Help,virus Notification On A New Computer. by brownlord: 12:32am On Oct 22, 2017
udemzyudex:

Check if there is recovery, windows defender can be very funny.. If it's a new laptop you will definitely see recovery when click on my computer.

Maybe he installed some applications or drive the laptop before sending it to you, and windows defender is just reacting to what was installed. This always happen when you insert the drivers disc without switching off windows defender.

Alright, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Does My PC Zap Data Like Water? / Brand New!! Pavillion Notebook And Dell Inspiron With The Latest Specs / Nairaland Official Application Removed From Google Play Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.