Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace (56612 Views)

Kazaure Gudaji Amazed At Dino Melaye's Car During Visit (Photos) / El-Rufai Squats To Welcome President Buhari In Kaduna (Photos) / Corpses Litter In Taraba As Joseph Albasu Alkinjo kunini Weeps During Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by shallysgirl: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Odoje here.
dont know patybigs.
Do know much about Anambra politics.
Nebuzaradan:
umudei brother to Patybigs please don't mention my surname ooo for security purpose cool
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by asawanathegreat(m): 11:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
Sickle cell anemia
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by BakireBulmaker: 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
I see Bini written all over that palace.

Onitsha is definitely owned by the Binis. cool

By the way, is Nasir El Rufai a 'slave' for paying homage to the Oba of Onitsha as looonatic flatiyeasterners always refer to whoever does so in that posture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by bola4dprec(m): 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Angelanest:
Governor of Kaduna state, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, pictured paying a courtesy visit to the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe at his palace. The governor was in Anambra state for the flag-off of All Progressives Congress APC campaign along with other governors and dignitaries.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/governor-el-rufai-pays-homage-obi-onitsha-palace-photos.html
2019 struggle have started fake one Nigeria
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by greatwhite(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
The greatest disservice nigeria has done to herself is not making history compulsory. Clearly a lot of kids don't know anything about their immediate environment. Too many adulterated versions of nigerian history out there. The only part of history their elders told them are the ones that make them hate or lay claims to other people's land. Lord lugard amalgamated nigeria into one does that means he or the British owns nigeria. The truth is clear to see even if one's brain no longer has the ability to process facts. We continue to use our ignorance to create new walls. When we should be creating bridges with our knowledge.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by senatordave1(m): 12:16am On Oct 22, 2017
bestview:
Eze Chima wasn't a Benin prince but a migrant who later returned from Benin to his home land in Onitsha. Obi of Onitsha dynasty has nothing to do with Benin.

As for Nwoye, he is already a failure.

You mean your governor obingo that is already sponsoring propaganda and smear campaign against nwoye? All he is good at is signing mou,sitting willie is working billboards,chanting apga nke bu nke anyi,wearing native attires of apga with ojukwu's image? He would only win in aguleri.up nwoye.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by MONITZ: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2017
venai:
That one na politics. He did the same thing to El-zakyzaky but later destroyed him after using his influence to gather shiite muslims votes. Apc will fail in Anambra state. Obiano will rather be re-elected than blood-thirsty apc rulling Anambra state.

I was about saying same thing abt the way he treated the shites after they had voted him,only this his show of humility should make the A.P.C lose big time in the Anambra gubernatorial election coming up next month. They re acting cool now bt the story will be different by the time they get on the seat,then they will start treating the citizens with utter disdain.

I just wish Nigerians can read btw the lines at all times then this useless mofo that call themselves politicians will sit up and not ride roughshod over us..
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by edgecution(m): 1:01am On Oct 22, 2017
OyiboOyibo:
APC is a curse to Nigeria....any sensible Nigerian will vote his conscience n make Nigeria gr8 again.....#NoToApc

Are you now campaigning for PDP?
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:
You just gotta envy royalty. Nothing pays better! wink

What he did there is avoidable. That is why I don't visit any royal father any time I found myself back home. I don't wanna be seen as disrespectful and don't wanna do I what I don't agree with.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by BabaRamota1980: 1:14am On Oct 22, 2017
When will Governor Rufai squirt to greet Obon of Calabar?

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by somegirl1: 1:34am On Oct 22, 2017
darkhorizon:

Read history bro, Onitsha was founded by the son of Chima, a Benin prince.

Chima from Benin?
When did Bini language ever have the "ch" digraph?
Provide some examples of Bini words with the digraph.

5 Likes

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Nebuzaradan: 1:42am On Oct 22, 2017
shallysgirl:
Odoje here.
dont know patybigs.
Do know much about Anambra politics.
ok no problem
he's the current onitsha north lga chairman
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Kirigidi(m): 1:53am On Oct 22, 2017
Amarabae:
why are you guys so desperate to force benin identity on onitsha?
Its now begging to appear funny, lols,
the children of Ezechime, an Igbo man who returned from benin where he was an immigrant are and will never be bini,
yes benin may have influced them a little bit,
that chinedu lived in ibadan for many years and then returned back to owerri does not make him a yoruba man,
chinedu's descendants remain Igbo.
enjoy this thread and stop derailing it,
go and develop edo state and remove your eyes from Onitsha city.
But the "Agbogidi" is an Edoid title now! It literally means "the conqueror" or "one who brings crises/ rebellions to an end".
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by InvertedHammer: 2:19am On Oct 22, 2017
venai:
That one na politics. He did the same thing to El-zakyzaky but later destroyed him after using his influence to gather shiite muslims votes. Apc will fail in Anambra state. Obiano will rather be re-elected than blood-thirsty apc rulling Anambra state.

That was exactly how the whitemen conquered Africa.
They came with aura of humility and bottles of whiskey.
Arrogant African kings bought into the charade and welcomed them not knowing that it was a Trojan horse.

The rest is history.

//

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by bros856: 2:32am On Oct 22, 2017
IS THIS NOT IGBO LAND? WHERE IS NNAMDI KANU THE NOISE MAKER.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by einsteino(m): 2:55am On Oct 22, 2017
Amarabae:
the children of Ezechime, an Igbo man who returned from benin where he was an immigrant are and will never be bini,
that chinedu lived in ibadan for many years and then returned back to owerri does not make him a yoruba man,

It isn't fair to say Onitshas are binis. What he should have said is that there is a trace of Bini ancestry in Onitsha, since it is a weave of Bini migrants and Igbos. Here is what Wikipedia says

Folklore has it that, Onitsha was founded by one of the sons of Chima, the founder of Issele-Uku kingdom in western Igboland. Chima, a prince of the ancient Benin kingdom emigrated, settled and founded what is now known as Issele-Uku in Aniocha North Local Government Area. The eldest son of Chima eventually emigrated across the Niger River to establish the Onitsha community.

After their arrival on the east bank (Onicha-mmili, "Onitsha-on-water", see above), the community gradually became a unitary kingdom, evolving from a loosely organized group of "royal" villages to encompass "non-royal" villages comprising Igala settlers, and the native Igbos to form a more centralized entity.[6] Eze Aroli was apparently the first genuinely powerful Obi of Onitsha, the ruler of the city.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onitsha

I know for a fact that the Obi of Issele-uku till date maintains a tight relationship with the Oba of Benin in recognition of his ancestry but it isnt enough to call issele-uku folks binis, it may even be deregatory to. My point is ancestry shouldnt translate to ethnicity and no one should be forced to bear an identity. We are all a mix of several ethnicity birthed by various migrations over time. What should matter is how we treat one another.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by breakeven: 4:34am On Oct 22, 2017
This man will do anything for your vote. The moment he gets it you are on your own. Smh.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by slam7000(m): 5:27am On Oct 22, 2017
DieBuhari:
He is looking like a crippled northern beggar.

Shame on you.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by tishbite41(m): 5:33am On Oct 22, 2017
bestview:
Obi of Onitsha is the most powerful and influential stool in the entire eastern Nigeria.

#Respect
Eze Nri is d number one in Igbo land.

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by tishbite41(m): 5:43am On Oct 22, 2017
darkhorizon:

Read history bro, Onitsha was founded by the son of Chima, a Benin prince.
hw many pple dey bear d name Chima for Benin? Stop deceiving ur sef. Eze Chima was an immigrant in Benin who later went back to Onicha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Excessive eating and lack of exercise is dealing with Rochas Okorocha.

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by tishbite41(m): 5:48am On Oct 22, 2017
somegirl1:

Chima from Benin?
When did Bini language ever have the "ch" digraph?
Provide some examples of Bini words with the digraph.

e tire me. small time them go sey Eze Nri na Benin. y re they nt bearing Chima again? what is d meaning of Chima in Bini language? small tym na Fulani emirs dem go start to claim.

3 Likes

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by chubinwa(m): 5:52am On Oct 22, 2017
d second pic got me talking on how rochas was lookin wit mouth agape

1 Like

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by confiritch(m): 5:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Amarabae:
God bless you for this clarification. In Nigeria, I have not seen those who like to twist and rewrite history like some Benin elders and they are gradually passing it down to some gullible youth. During the coronation of the Oba of Benin, he made corrections and clarification to some erroneously held beliefs by Benin Chiefs. He declared that he is not the 39th Oba, but 40th from the listing of Obas after the end of Ogiso Dynasty, "I am a direct descendant of Oromiyan, the son of Oduduwa the ruler of Uhe (Ife), which Benin people of that period believed is their lost Prince. We and Ife people shared a common patrimony and the history of the world is a shared one. We recognise Oduduwa and his origin, but we cannot force it on those who refuse to accept it". Every Prince or forbear that founded a kingdom, this set of people will claim he is a Benin Prince. If not for the purpose of setting the records straight, it would have been better not to dignify them with a response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by EdoNation(f): 6:01am On Oct 22, 2017
[[s]quote author=darkhorizon post=61650450]
Don't distort History, the Yorubas migrated from the Middle-East. And the ruling dynasty in Benin is an off-shoot of a Yoruba Prince, then King, Oranmiyan.

Moreover, the Yoruba language was the Official Palace language of the Benin Empire till the early 1900's[/quote[/s]

Stop talking rubbish.... The Oduduwa you all worship came from Benin.............. Yoruba has never been spoken in Edo in any way instead it is the Yoruba's in ondo and ekiti that speak a form of ediod language...... Use your sense it is free

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2017
venai:
You read my mind
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Anwons(m): 6:20am On Oct 22, 2017
This hellrufire is up to something. Igbo's be careful, as we watch 2019 drawing close.
Not a sincere greeting I can authoritatively say, it's greed and favour joined to achieve future goal.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by David160(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Why is Rochas sitting down?
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by Fucklove(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello Good people of Nigeria. Please i wish to seek for help in my job hunting as a student to keep body and soul together. I'm ready to engage myself in any legit work that would get me paid in return.I'm a student of federal polytechnic oko, and to be sincere, getting a part-time work is not an easy task and I'm really tired of depending or borrowing from people around me.
Please any member here within the school environ or knows any available spot that i can engage myself while studying should be please fix me in. God bless
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by darkhorizon: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2017
EdoNation:
[[s]quote author=darkhorizon post=61650450]
Don't distort History, the Yorubas migrated from the Middle-East. And the ruling dynasty in Benin is an off-shoot of a Yoruba Prince, then King, Oranmiyan.

Moreover, the Yoruba language was the Official Palace language of the Benin Empire till the early 1900's[/quote[/s]

Stop talking rubbish.... The Oduduwa you all worship came from Benin.............. Yoruba has never been spoken in Edo in any way instead it is the Yoruba's in ondo and ekiti that speak a form of ediod language...... Use your sense it is free

I have noticed that people of Benin descent on this forum are quite arrogant, coupled with ignorance when talking about the History of their people. Young woman, Oduduwa is not from Benin.

The Benin even claim the Yoruba language was/is theirs, these are incorrect, coupled with a lot of exaggeration passing on as History from the Benin.

And do your research well, Yoruba language was the official palace language of Benin. Oba Akenzua changed this in the 1930's.

And if you want to reply me next time, please do so politely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by darkhorizon: 6:36am On Oct 22, 2017
tishbite41:
hw many pple dey bear d name Chima for Benin? Stop deceiving ur sef. Eze Chima was an immigrant in Benin who later went back to Onicha.

Ok.
Re: Governor El-Rufai Squats To Greet Obi Of Onitsha During Visit To His Palace by gozzlin: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
umudei brother to Patybigs please don't mention my surname ooo for security purpose cool

M_a grin

He was my class mate in St Charley.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices / Photos Of President Buhari In Daura With Corpers As Villagers Hail Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.