Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (23904 Views)

CBN Monitors 6,047 Bvns Over Suspected Fraudulent Transactions / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by CzarChris(m): 7:55am On Oct 22, 2017
grin this government is really funny, so Nigerians in the diaspora who haven't been home for the past 5-10years are to forfeit any money that is held in their accounts over here before they travelled, and I know some of them are still funding those accounts. Una try o.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by KKKWHITE(m): 7:55am On Oct 22, 2017
meaning my money is gone

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Egein(m): 7:59am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.
Did you just say: "Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country"?
This is the joke of the year. This government of thieves?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by free2ryhme: 7:59am On Oct 22, 2017
No responsible person who worked so hard for his or her money will leave even 50k to a bank even Dangote no go leave him penny. So this is a welcome idea for a nation so fantastically corrupt. Only a greedy rich man or woman who died suddenly without disclosing such account to any close family may be just be the only funds that might not come from corruption. Anyone trying to avoid BVN is a criminal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by kynbasil01: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:
Very good move by the govt. I know pigs must grunt again. They are stolen money that can't be explained. grin
stup.idity has be~clouded your sense of reasoning. ..so every account not link to BVN contains stolen money? .. sense fall on you

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Keballl: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2017
This is a very silly order that will be challenged and the government will lose out.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Pavore9:

Relatives of dead depositors should work towards retrieving the deposits but at most people don't know that such accounts and deposits exists. There are even married people who run coded bank accounts without the knowledge of their spouses, when such persons died who goes to claim the money?
We still saying same thing, you think that Looted funds will still be in the bank after the Looter must have been aware of the impediment of BVN, all the money have been laundered abroad and also used to procure choice houses as investment.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by beautydutch(f): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.
and what makes u think dat Federal govt will use the money well

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by DanielsParker(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2017
I knew all along.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by babslepe: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

just two years and they want to steal people's money you and I know will be misappropriated or embezzled and end up in a luxury flat in ikoyi or bdc somewhere what of people abroad serving jail terms, sick two years is too small abeg leave people's money some will come. After 20 years na wa

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Ladipodeal: 8:09am On Oct 22, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
If una collect death people money, you are compiling more problem to una administration, una think say na Looted funds

So banks should keep it instead and give it out as loans?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by dustydee: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2017
Good thinking by the government. I hope they'll allow me to update mine remotely.. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by guapac: 8:11am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

And please what happens to accounts of those who are abroad and have not been to Nigeria since this issue of BVN.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 8:11am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlanticfire:
I have been outside Nigeria for over 5 yrs. I had some money in zenith bank before I left.

The account has not been linked to any bvn because I don't even remember the account number.

I have never held any public office.

So going by the reasoning of the government and the reasoning of some people here, the money in my account must be stolen money that should be forfeited to the government just because the account does not have bvn.

This is a case of guilty until proven innocent.
Why does a government think that robbing it's citizens is a good policy

Good line of thoughts, I wonder why a government should impoverish its people, rightly put,there are people abroad that have nor registered BVN what efforts are thenFGN putting in place to ensure the registration is done in our embassies and linking it to various account holders , I believe this will be the easiest way to catch anybody that has looted funds in his/her account as it will be a bit difficult to register BVN if you know you have funds looted ,

Also, I believe there should be a threshold of amount to be held in an account for somebody to be a suspect, say if I have less than $4,000 in my domicile airy account over five years will that be termed as looted funds, they should be scientific in taking hasty decisions.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 8:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlanticfire:
I have been outside Nigeria for over 5 yrs. I had some money in zenith bank before I left.

The account has not been linked to any bvn because I don't even remember the account number.

So going by the reasoning of the government and the reasoning of some people here, the money in my account must be stolen money that should be forfeited to the government just because the account does not have bvn.

Good line of thoughts, I wonder why a government should impoverish its people, rightly put,there are people abroad that have nor registered BVN what efforts are thenFGN putting in place to ensure the registration is done in our embassies and linking it to various account holders , I believe this will be the easiest way to catch anybody that has looted funds in his/her account as it will be a bit difficult to register BVN if you know you have funds looted ,

Also, I believe there should be a threshold of amount to be held in an account for somebody to be a suspect, say if I have less than $4,000 in my domicile airy account over five years will that be termed as looted funds, they should be scientific in taking hasty decisions.

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by omokab: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2017
krendo:
What about those that have lost their BVNs?

This ruling is divorced from reality, there are a whole lot of old fashioned bank users not in tune with modern technology and needing to catch up

I don't see the benefit of this policy other than another example of a government that lacks human face.

This is all Buhari knows how to do, seize seize and seize. He does not create or improve anything!

Does Buhari know what a BVN is? Does Buhari know how to use ATM? Does Buhari use internet banking? For Buhari he has a lot of aides to do these things. Most older Nigerians don't and may not have a helper.

This people really need to get real
we have a lot of problem in this country. All what you have said please, is there any one one that make sense? What about those people that have lost there Bvn? If anybody lost his /her Bvn won't he/she go back tobank and retrieve it back. Some analyst don't have common sense at all. If somebody can't go to bank from anywhere he/she is locating since 2014 definitely that person have skeleton in the cupboard. Truly some may be serving jail term in abroad but when such person comes back to the country he can get court order to claim his money back. But am sure majority of the money without Bvn are own by top civil servant. They are criminals. They don't love this country for just a second. If you are in civil service,you will understand what am saying. This policy is good one. If my mother of 70 year of age can go bank and queue for hours and get her Bvn I don't know why others can't do the same. If an handicap can do the same I don't know why able can't do it.

5 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by abuibraheem: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:
Very good move by the govt. I know pigs must grunt again. They are stolen money that can't be explained. grin
U Are Wrong, Since 2015,My Late Father Money In His First Bank Account Is Not Stolen Money,and Same Will Apply To Thousands Of Nigerians Who Died Before Going For The BVN Reg. The Only Reason Am Indiffrent His The Money And Time It Will Take Me To Get The Money In The account Is Stringet 4 Just 23 Thousand Naira

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Alexgeneration(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Clerverly:
Ipob Terrorists, Oya Come and Wail!
You're just full of hate. This administration and their minions are only trying to forcefully take what doesn't belong to them and that amounts to thievery and insensitivity. Taking the masses' money from their bank account to fund your campaign by next year, only shows how wicked and despotic this administration is.

3 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by tbanj07(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Why should i let close family be aware of how many accounts I've got or where I bank at...is it their business or mine

free2ryhme:
No responsible person who worked so hard for his or her money will leave even 50k to a bank even Dangote no go leave him penny. So this is a welcome idea for a nation so fantastically corrupt. Only a greedy rich man or woman who died suddenly without disclosing such account to any close family may be just be the only funds that might not come from corruption. Anyone trying to avoid BVN is a criminal.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by dvkot(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2017
what of away guys and the dead people? this is pure robbery
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by taiwog700: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2017
let them continue to fool themselves so if fg takes over the account so what will happen to the fund? it is not to be looted by same fg? pls let ask the fg extra gain generated from pump price (87 to 145 naira ) where is it?generated to 26 billion dollars which has been sweept under carpet,the one from osborne tower where is it?and lot more.let's continue to support them till they suck the economy dry.APC I HAIL THEE

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Amaaf(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlanticfire:

You don't remember the account number again? Even if you are given chance to claim your money, how do you convince Zenith Bank that the money is yours?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by nopains: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
i thot they said they set out a new deadline for BVN registration on 31 dec 2017? why confiscating people money before the deadline. i planned coming home by Nov ending to do the BVN registration. so what happens to me now. 90% of my money is in that account. what do i do now? because if i don't have access to my account when i come back i will be frustrated in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Amaaf(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2017
CzarChris:
grin this government is really funny, so Nigerians in the diaspora who haven't been home for the past 5-10years are to forfeit any money that is held in their accounts over here before they travelled, and I know some of them are still funding those accounts. Una try o.

Provisions for people in diaspora more than two years ago:

http://www.onlinedailys.com/bvn-registration-centres-abroad/

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:

They're not all stolen money my friend,Nigerians in diaspora many have accountants but for some reasons they couldn't make it untime for the bvn,I for example my account is not linked yet and I still have money on my euro and naira account.

The gov are trying to steal people's money fact.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:33am On Oct 22, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
If una collect death people money, you are compiling more problem to una administration, una think say na Looted funds
I taya oo!

my dad died since 2003 and has money in Standard trust bank (UBA) and 1st bank but we have not gone to recover it, now sis admin wants to take everything undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by charlsecy(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2017
krendo:
This ruling is divorced from reality, there are a whole lot of old fashioned bank users not in tune with modern technology and needing to catch up...
Please how does being old-fashioned concern not having your banks accounts linked to BVN?

One can easily conclude you failed to understand the import of the piece.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by jamnzeakkor(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2017
Very good move by d FG. Let me see how criminals who open various acct with diferent names will link dier BVN

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:
we have a lot of problem in this country. All what you have said please, is there any one one that make sense? What about those people that have lost there Bvn? If anybody lost his /her Bvn won't he/she go back tobank and retrieve it back. Some analyst don't have common sense at all. If somebody can't go to bank from anywhere he/she is locating since 2014 definitely that person have skeleton in the cupboard. Truly some may be serving jail term in abroad but when such person comes back to the country he can get court order to claim his money back. But am sure majority of the money without Bvn are own by top civil servant. They are criminals. They don't love this country for just a second. If you are in civil service,you will understand what am saying. This policy is good one. If my mother of 70 year of age can go bank and queue for hours and get her Bvn I don't know why others can't do the same. If an handicap can do the same I don't know why able can't do it.

My question to you if an elderly person living in the UK has not been home for 3 years. Should the person run home and do BVN ?

Please,I,need answer to this so I can ask you the next one

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by trueconscience(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Bros, you dont lose your BVN, its already in the system once you have done it.
krendo:
What about those that have lost their BVNs?

This ruling is divorced from reality, there are a whole lot of old fashioned bank users not in tune with modern technology and needing to catch up

I don't see the benefit of this policy other than another example of a government that lacks human face.

This is all Buhari knows how to do, seize seize and seize. He does not create or improve anything!

Does Buhari know what a BVN is? Does Buhari know how to use ATM? Does Buhari use internet banking? For Buhari he has a lot of aides to do these things. Most older Nigerians don't and may not have a helper.

This people really need to get real

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please, Which Business Can I Start With N250,000? / Oscar Ekponimo Develops An App 'Chowberry', Brings Wasted Food To The Hungry / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.