Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (23882 Views)

CBN Monitors 6,047 Bvns Over Suspected Fraudulent Transactions / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2017
Amaaf:

People in diaspora were given opportunity/options to get themselves registered, after two to three years of grace, you are still here blaming the government. Can you try the same with the government of country where you reside?
Kindly read this:

http://www.onlinedailys.com/bvn-registration-centres-abroad/

That process was fraught with issues back then
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Oga how ? yahoo yahoo!! grin angry grin
Yahoo Yahoo what?. Who does that crap?.
I did not say steal. I said collect "Your" money.
1. It must be your money. 2. In your bank account. 3. Must have the sim with which you opened the account. 4. It is legitimate.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by WeirdWolf: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlanticfire:
I have been outside Nigeria for over 5 yrs. I had some money in zenith bank before I left.

The account has not been linked to any bvn because I don't even remember the account number.

I have never held any public office.

So going by the reasoning of the government and the reasoning of some people here, the money in my account must be stolen money that should be forfeited to the government just because the account does not have bvn.

This is a case of guilty until proven innocent.
Why does a government think that robbing it's citizens is a good policy

Well said. Written just the way an Anon would have written.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2017
The only people supporting this useless policy are jealous people who think by government seizing from those who work hard then their lives will be better

Get off your ass and work. A government that steals our oil resources, our taxes and money for IDP in the North east will loot this money too. I can guarantee you that!

People need to oppose this nonsense policy, really not sure why any citizens support the government to seize from fellow citizens other than jealousy

Anyway this is Nigeria, a Nation with no conscience !
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by leofab(f): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

There are ways to collect your monies without BVN from any bank in Nigeria.

Lemme know if you want your money.
yes I really need my monies please.. 12 months allowance in my zenith bank and another #50k in my ecobank account; procceds from my SiWES and some account balances..
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Blue3k(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2017
This just like the the military prescription situation. The federal government was told it's over stepping by using military instead of following due process. After awhIle they finally bowed to pressure. The motivation for the idea is good. A lot if these accounts might be criminal but can they federal government take the money?

“There’s no basis for this desperate move by the federal government because customers who owned the funds met the required criteria at the time they set up their bank accounts,” said Ugodre Obi-Chukwu, a Lagos-based financial analyst. “This is an attempt to use federal might to coerce banks into submitting funds that belong to customers for its own use.”

Mr. Effiong said. “The policy was backed by certain financial regulations which make it appropriate for the government to ask for a general freezing order of accounts whose owners cannot be ascertained.

They might settle for option above. Other that that law suits expected as usual. The account owners can just withdraw the money or simply deposit it into their legal account.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Yahoo Yahoo what?.
Who does that crap?.

1. It must be your money.
2. In your bank account.
3. Must have the sim with which you opened the account.
4. It is legitimate.

Na WA for you oo, person no dey play with you ,"collect" is also used in yahoo parlance.

Why am worried about this bruohaha is that I have somebody that has not done BVN and outside and elderly person

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Yahoo Yahoo what?.
Who does that crap?.

1. It must be your money.
2. In your bank account.
3. Must have the sim with which you opened the account.
4. It is legitimate.

Na WA for you oo, person no dey play with you ,"collect" is also used in yahoo parlance.

Why am worried about this bruohaha is that I have somebody that has not done BVN and outside and elderly person
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2017
FG take over accounts without bvn,FG take over recovered loot, FG take over unclaimed millions of dollars found in an apartment, FG take over TSA......yet FG still borrowing from IMF.

Who is FG, what are all these funds being used for?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2017
A good/Honest Nigerian have come to your Aid!!!!!!

My Account is fully registered with BVN and have a MAXIMUM storage(10TB).

Incase you are worried about your account being forfeit or your hard earn money used by corrupt govt.

A better option to secure your funds is right here, kindly forward the cash to a save hand( my account) and get back your money immediately!!!!!

Terms and conditions Apply pls.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by python1: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2017
kynbasil01:
stup.idity has be~clouded your sense of reasoning. ..so every account not link to BVN contains stolen money? .. sense fall on you
Mynd44
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Obidikeatuegwu(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.
There are lots of Nigerians that have not been able to enroll for BVN because the arrangements to cover those in diaspora didn't really work out well. Most of them have money in their Nigerian bank accounts that were legally earned. It's a pity that we often fail to condemn govt policies simply because it doesn't concern us. Those accounts are frozen already so why should they be seized and used by the govt under whatever guise. BVN was not in existence when millions of accounts were opened and there should be a limit to how new terms and conditions should affect the owners. Taking over someone's savings cos of BVN is extreme

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
yes I really need my monies please.. 12 months allowance in my zenith bank and another #50k in my ecobank account; procceds from my SiWES and some account balances..

Do you still have the SIM with which you opened the account with?

If yes, look for their mobile banking code (*737# GTBank) and follow the prompt.

There's a section for linking your BVN. Follow through with whatever it says and wolla! you are registered.

At this point, I will advice you to follow the code again and do an online transfer to a safe and dully registered account.

Go get it done and come thank me later.

Note:

I am speaking from experience as my over half a Milly was holed up in GTB prior to stumbling on help like you just did.

I know how you feel.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Which bank?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Which bank?

UBA,
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Flaghouse1:

UBA,

Hope he got the requirements mentioned.

If yes, he/she should look for the online banking code for UBA (*737# in the case of GTB) and register or link his/her account to an already existing BVN and do an instant transfer of all funds from that account. When this Federal government madness calms down, he can go open another account and get his/her biometrics captured.

Thank me lerra.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by bigtt76(f): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2017
We all know a rejoinder will soon be issued and of course an appeal will be instituted by all those lawyers craving fame grin
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2017
wasiy:
A good/Honest Nigerian have come to your Aid!!!!!!

My Account is fully registered with BVN and have a MAXIMUM storage(10TB).

Incase you are worried about your account being forfeit or your hard earn money used by corrupt govt.

A better option to secure your funds is right here, kindly forward the cash to a save hand( my account) and get back your money immediately!!!!!

Terms and conditions Apply pls.

Commission for you abi !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Hope he got the requirements mentioned.

If yes, he/she should look for the online banking code for UBA (*737# in the case of GTB) and register or link his/her account to an already existing BVN and do an instant transfer of all funds from that account. When this Federal government madness calms down, he can go open another account and get his/her biometrics captured.

Thank me lerra.

Noted with observe. Waec question for you.

1.the funds are in domiciliary account ,possibility of transferring to another Dom. Account how feasible?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2017
Ladipodeal:

So banks should keep it instead and give it out as loans?
which one is better? Leave it to the government to embezzle or instruct them to contact next of kin to the account owners and leave EFCC to monitor the process accordingly , thats the essence of filling in next of kin.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by somehow: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2017
You better take the legal route, if you go through a third party and they clear your balance, don't come here and lament o.

You're a graduate o at least, prove it o.
leofab:
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Noted with observe. Waec question for you.

1.the funds are in domiciliary account ,possibility of transferring to another Dom. Account how feasible?

Dom to Dom very feasible.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:
Very good move by the govt. I know pigs must grunt again. They are stolen money that can't be explained. grin

Why do u think one sided? Is it right for a country to claim its citizens money becos it can't locate the owner?

Pple like u r the reason Nigeria and Africa is the way it is. Narrow minded thinking.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2017
Clerverly:

Exactly!
How? Explain pls
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by safetyInspector(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2017
I have a friend in Qatar who have been there for the past 8 years. Do you expect him to travel back to Nigeria just to register for BVN?
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Dom to Dom very feasible.

Noted !!!
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Why should government take custody of the funds?
The one they claim to ve recovered from looters, ve they used it or the one they claim to generate.

Do u know that 17billion will b wiped outta gtb if this policy is implemented. Do u know the repercussion on the Nigerian economy if d banks cant do business?

We know the government is running on debt but its no excuse to steal from the pple.

There are some Nigerians in abroad that dont ve access to bvn registration mayb cos of their location or health or jail.

Well, this jus tell me that its better to put my money in a foreign bank than in a local bank cos the policies here are stupid jus like the policy makers.

Emefele and Kemi are jus the worse set of pple to run d country's economy
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by omokab: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2017
Flaghouse1:

My question to you if an elderly person living in the UK has not been home for 3 years. Should the person run home and do BVN ?

Please,I,need answer to this so I can ask you the next one
I have already answer your question before when I said that those in prison or living abroad who have no opportunity to come home and do their Bvn should go to court and seek for court order to attenticate their reason for not coming home during the exercise. Majority of the money we are talking about is in million and billions. If not in prison and you have five million of naira in your account and the money is genuine please what are you doing in abroad that will not make you not to come home and do the Bvn. Am sure the majority of them,let say 95 percent will never come and ask for it again in life. If a civil servant can have 100 million in account, do you think he will ever come for it again? Where would he say he get it from? These are the money belonging to federal or state government or possibly money they suppose to give the government employee but will keep in sepate accoint for some years to yield interest and if no question on it again they will withdraw it and clean mouth.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:
I have already answer your question before when I said that those in prison or living abroad who have no opportunity to come home and do their Bvn should go to court and seek for court order to attenticate their reason for not coming home during the exercise. Majority od the money we are talking aboit is in million and billions. If not in prison and you have five million of naira in your account and the money is genuine please what are you doing in abroad that will not make you to come home and do the Bvn. Am sire majority of them,let say 95 percent will never come and ask for it again in life. If a civil servant can have 100 million in account, do you think he will ever come for it again? Where woild he say he get it from? This are the money belonging to federal or state government or possibly money they suppose to give the government employee but will keep in sepate accoint for some years to yield interest and if no question on it again they will withdraw it and clean mouth.

Do u know the impact it has on the banks? Billions will b wiped out their books.

Meaning sone banks can fail, sack workers,not loan money etc.

Final conclusion, the economy will tank...
remember that we claim to b outta recession becos oil price has stabled btw 50-55 dollars so imagine I the banks starts to struggle.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by olmoRoc: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlanticfire:
I have been outside Nigeria for over 5 yrs. I had some money in zenith bank before I left.

The account has not been linked to any bvn because I don't even remember the account number.

I have never held any public office.

So going by the reasoning of the government and the reasoning of some people here, the money in my account must be stolen money that should be forfeited to the government just because the account does not have bvn.

This is a case of guilty until proven innocent.
Why does a government think that robbing it's citizens is a good policy

It just goes to show how criminally minded this government is. I know someone here as well is has millions in his account and hasn't gone home in about 7 years, who is a hard-working individual. Do they want to tell me that they have the right to help themselves to his money? We always think about having reserve funds back home in case of the unexpected, but I guess I'm lucky not to have what I can't walk away from in my account there. Thieves!
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Ukwunu: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Please someone should talk to me , i have about 2million in my Gtb account in Nigeria and am based abroad without documents...what should i do....can i fill the bvn online...Please what should happen to other people like me..the country am based spain doesn't not have the bvn office here...please i need an answer on what to do...?They can't it my money like...things is not easy here...please someone talk to me please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You'll Probably Meet At Shoprite / Please, Which Business Can I Start With N250,000? / Oscar Ekponimo Develops An App 'Chowberry', Brings Wasted Food To The Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.