Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo (30886 Views)

Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC / Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Jengem: 2:11am On Oct 22, 2017
The Speaker of the Federal House of Assembly, Yakubu Dogara once made a sacrificial offering of his six months salary to Living Faith Ministries during the construction of Covenant University over 15 years ago.

This was made known over the weekend by the Chancellor of Covenant University, Dr. David Oyedepo, during the 2017 Eagles Summit.

The Eagles Summit is an annual gathering of alumnus of Covenant University at the school’s main campus in Ota.

Bishop Oyedepo spoke on developing spiritual capacity towards sustainable global impact.

He narrated, “The Speaker of the Federal House of Assembly has been a son to me since his university days. He shared a testimony yesterday about how he heard me say something in Bauchi in 1988 and it changed his entire life forever. 1988 in Bauchi. It transformed his life forever because he picked it up and ran with it.

“When your University was taking off and we started construction, he sacrificed his 6 months salary wholesale to Covenant University. He has never had to struggle for anything in his life. Everything works in divine frequency for him.”

“And you hear him say again, I am a son of the House. Yes in the midst of wolves, i am a practicing Christian. No truly spiritual person ever gets stranded in life. I gave my life to Christ 48 years ago so I have lived all my life with Jesus. Zero regrets.”

"First Bank officials came here during the third phase of the construction and asked which bank is bankrolling this project, and I told them none. They said it is impossible. They didn't understand."

"Your university has never been indebted to any bank. That is the benefit of spirituality, things work for you in a way that seems impossible to man."

"A top American economist and professor came to visit and came to my office and said this is an Ivy League standard university even in America. I told him thank you, I know."

http://www.herald.ng/dogara-donated-six-months-salary-to-covenant-university-oyedepo/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Tolexander: 2:18am On Oct 22, 2017
The Speaker of the Federal House of Assembly, Yakubu Dogara once made a sacrificial offering of his six months salary to Living Faith Ministries during the construction of Covenant University over 15 years ago.
Good!

Can he still do the same?

9 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 2:44am On Oct 22, 2017
My life changed when I start listening to bishop Oyedepo he is gift to humanity.

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nukilia: 5:17am On Oct 22, 2017
The antagonists won't be happy to read this. The poor people who keep accusing the man of God have now seen 1/1000 of those who supported the church when the church was in need. grin

Those who supported the church don't complain they serve God with all they have...

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by SweetJoystick(m): 5:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Hmm Bishop, you want make others sacrifice their salary too?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:51am On Oct 22, 2017
Tolexander:
Good!

Can he still do the same?

Thank God its not a recent giving, many would have castigated him saying he stole government money to give.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Atiku2019: 5:56am On Oct 22, 2017
grin Kudos

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by jordyspices: 6:10am On Oct 22, 2017
hmmm nice one from d politician

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by wickyyolo: 6:17am On Oct 22, 2017
pauljumbo:
My life changed when I start listening to bishop Oyedepo he is gift to humanity.

The love I have for this man is unquenchable.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by omenka(m): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2017
Nonsense. All these are for nothing but to shore up ones political capital.

Nigerian politicians understand how extraordinarily obsessed Nigerians are with religion, so, whenever they wanna face the ballot, all they need to do is deploy this card, be they Christians or Muslims.

I would rather donate such huge amounts of money to an academic institution than to ANY Church, not even that which I attend. The reason behind some of the worst problems we face as a nation is mass illiteracy and our politicians leverage on that whenever they engage the people.

Imagine what this country would have looked like if we had as much schools as the are churches and mosques!

Smh.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by arrhem: 6:57am On Oct 22, 2017
When is he donating to the federal universities undecided

For scholarships, schools admission, visa processing, etc to study in any country visit http://arrhem..com

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by jayson87: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2017
I assure you there is no blessing in that giving. There are 10 of thousands of hungry people in his constituency. He should have bought relief materials for them with that salary

God is not stupid. You can appeal to man but stink to God

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by SalamRushdie: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2017
So he donated all his salary and God now rewarded him with speaker of a fantastically corrupt body that milks this country dry daily ..na wa ooo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2017
wickyyolo:

The love I have for this man is unquenchable.

And me also

6 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2017
jayson87:
I assure you there is no blessing in that giving. There are 10 of thousands of hungry people in his constituency. He should have bought relief materials for them with that salary

God is not stupid. You can appeal to man but stink to God

There will always be poor people even if he gives out all his wealth

9 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 7:57am On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:
Nonsense. All these are for nothing but to shore up ones political capital.

Nigerian politicians understand how extraordinarily obsessed Nigerians are with religion, so, whenever they wanna face the ballot, all they need to do is deploy this card, be they Christians or Muslims.

I would rather donate such huge amounts of money to an academic institution than to ANY Church, not even that which I attend. The reason behind some of the worst problems we face as a nation is mass illiteracy and our politicians leverage on that whenever they engage the people.

Imagine what this country would have looked like if we had as much schools as the are churches and mosques!

Smh.

Religion is personal

When you are too rational you will not get the benefits

I use to think like you before until I became member of winners chapel today am happy I took that decision

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by wirinet(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2017
Nukilia:
The antagonists won't be happy to read this. The poor people who keep accusing the man of God have now seen 1/1000 of those who supported the church when the church was in need. grin

Those who supported the church don't complain they serve God with all they have...

You are right we antagonist are not happy reading this. Why? Because, thousands of people supported the church when it was in need, but the church does not support those same people that supported it, when they are in need. I do not see the sense in donating for a university to be built, only for the university to charge the people exorbitantly to study at the university. So what happens to the profit being generated by the university?

I would have preferred Dogara, donate the same 6month's salary as scholarship grants to the same university for brilliant poor students who gained admission to the university but is unable to afford the exorbitant fees.

22 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by omenka(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2017
pauljumbo:

Religion is personal

When you are too rational you will not get the benefits

I use to think like you before until I became member of winners chapel today am happy I took that decision

Religion is personal, so also is my opinion.

I will choose to donate such funds to a university or research institution over any religious institutions out there.

In addition, the "personal"nature of one's faith is the reason I am appalled by government's interventions when it comes to sponsorship of pilgrimage.

To this day, it remains the worst government policy known to me.

16 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by lereinter(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2017
its caustic to accept donations from nig politician for Godly reason
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nukilia: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2017
undecided
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nukilia: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2017
wirinet:

You are right we antagonist are not happy reading this. Why? Because, thousands of people supported the church when it was in need, but the church does not support those same people that supported it, when they are in need. I do not see the sense in donating for a university to be built, only for the university to charge the people exorbitantly to study at the university. So what happens to the profit being generated by the university?

I would have preferred Dogara, donate the same 6month's salary as scholarship grants to the same university for brilliant poor students who gained admission to the university but is unable to afford the exorbitant fees.

I believe this information you're reading is coming out 15 years after the act of kindness has been done. The problem I have with genuine Christians is this, they hardly talk about the good deeds they've done.
I hope someday we will be reading about young men and women who will come forward and tell the world how somebody in the church financed their education. cheesy

Those giving out scholarship in the church don't act like our so-called celebrity who will call the media to cover their good deeds. The reward is always in the open while the deed is done in the secret, grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2017
I laugh when people start screaming poor people's money was used in building Covenant University. Dem no know anything. You would be surprised at the calibre of ppl who actually donated to Covenant's construction yet if any one of them wants to send their kids there they would still pay school fees because they understand the that the school must fund herself.

The so called advocates of the poor go on to harrass poor members for their so called stupidity for being a member of a church which has a university they can't afford. They make it look as though Christianity is a religion of comprised of poor people yet the likes of Dogara is just one of a thousand wealthy people who are actively financing the church.

When Living Faith was having problems parking one of her jets it was a single member who took up the responsibility of doing it until the church built her hangar.

As regards Oyedepo I am so happy to have listened to him Yesterday. Tears almost started flowing through my eyes listening to him because we could have lost him on September 26, 2017. I can't believe I once severely castigated this man back when I was a student because I felt he was too hard on us. But I've now seen over the years that it came out of a place of Love. I thank my Lord Jesus for giving us you and papa Adeboye. As God liveth before this two generals go home I would have the privilege of hugging you both and thank you for ur service to the Christian faith!
Lalasticlala

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2017
wirinet:

You can't "prefer" because it is not your money. When you start getting your salary go and give it to OAU. A while ago Living faith paid 800 million to Landmark for scholarship. A large number of people studying Agriculture in LMU today are under DOF scholarships so don't say what you don't know. As a student sef you would find it hard to know who is on scholarship because the church doesn't publicise(and it should not).

I am going to give to Covenant alongside other Alumni members. However when our Kids probably apply we cannot expect a dime in reduction of school fees for our kids.

11 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by betterABIAstate: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Looting politicians giving to your church, people who loot from your members.
Instead of preaching against them, you are collecting the loot they got from your members national wealth
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by betterABIAstate: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2017
Statsocial:
I laugh when people start screaming poor people's money was used in building Covenant University. Dem no know anything. You would be surprised at the calibre of ppl who actually donated to Covenant's construction yet if any one of them wants to send their kids there they would still pay school fees because they understand the that the school must fund herself.

The so called advocates of the poor go on to harrass poor members for their so called stupidity for being a member of a church which has a university they can't afford. They make it look as though Christianity is a religion of comprised of poor people yet the likes of Dogara is just one of a thousand wealthy people who are actively financing the church.

When Living Faith was having problems parking one of her jets it was a single member who took up the responsibility of doing it until the church built her hangar.

As regards Oyedepo I am so happy to have listened to him Yesterday. Tears almost started flowing through my eyes listening to him because we could have lost him on September 26, 2017. I can't believe I once severely castigated this man back when I was a student because I felt he was too hard on us. But I've now seen over the years that it came out of a place of Love. I thank my Lord Jesus for giving us you and papa Adeboye. As God liveth before this two generals go home I would have the privilege of hugging you both and thank you for ur service to the Christian faith!
Lalasticlala
its looting politicians money plus tithe payer's money.
Fact

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by DIKEnaWAR: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2017
It's a pity. The whole thing is now a business center.
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by soul955: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2017
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by mccoy47(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2017
N yet he is a thief! Truly churches are the reason nigeria is in a mess!

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:
Religion is personal, so also is my opinion.

I will choose to donate such funds to a university or research institution over any religious institutions out there.

In addition, the "personal"nature of one's faith is the reason I am appalled by government's interventions when it comes to sponsorship of pilgrimage.

To this day, it remains the worst government policy known to me.

Update me when you make such donations and let me know how people with small money can also makes such donations

And winners also has university you can still make donations there

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by pauljumbo: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Looting politicians giving to your church, people who loot from your members.
Instead of preaching against them, you are collecting the loot they got from your members national wealth

Dogara made the donation before going into politics

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomohole Anoints Akume, Next Senate President / Insecurity: Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Gbajabiamila In Closed-Door Meeting / See What Obi, Obasanjo, And Tinubu All Have To Say About Atiku (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.