Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (62622 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:07am On Oct 22, 2017
I decided to hit the nail right through its head and call out all pentecostals (Followers of Martin Luther) in Nairaland to tell the whole world why they think the Catholic Church is not a Bible Believing Church.

On what basis will a Church be termed "Non bible Believing"?

Let's have your Opinions ..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by HungerBAD: 7:08am On Oct 22, 2017
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

But all these pale in comparison to one SIN i will never forgive the Catholic for. And that SIN is to make ABLE MEN with WORKING PRIVATE PARTS not be able to MAKE LOVE, or have babies just because they want to be Catholic Priests. Who made that DAMN LAW? God put a D--K on a man's body for a reason, but the Catholic, who in some way are claiming GOD are forcing MEN not to use it, because they want to serve God.

God, when he created MAN in the Garden of EDEN noticed after some days he had KONJI. And so he created EVE to be his helper,both in that Department(KONJI) and other Departments. So why is the Catholic Church reversing God's law?

193 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by felixomor: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2017
Any church that really obeys the Bible word for word really should not care about the opinion of others.

32 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by crazygod(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2017
When u start worshipping Mary and praying to her, I think bible considers that as idolatry

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Because Catholics bow to graven images of Jesus and Mary...and they seek intercession of Saints in prayer!

38 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Fucklove(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello Good people of Nigeria. Please i wish to seek for help in my job hunting as a student to keep body and soul together. I'm ready to engage myself in any legit work that would get me paid in return.I'm a student of federal polytechnic oko, and to be sincere, getting a part-time work is not an easy task and I'm really tired of depending or borrowing from people around me.
Please any member here within the school environ or knows any available spot that i can engage myself while studying should be please fix me in. God bless

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 7:15am On Oct 22, 2017
No book in d bible instruct we make supplication via Mary...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Samsimple(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2017
Abeg who get sugar i wan drink garri

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Sanchez01: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2017
The Catholic community is more or less a cultural group. This is harsh but it's the truth. The group's belief and doctrine far contradicts the Bible, particularly with the deitifying of Mary as a ln entity to be worshipped and petitioned.

Setting up statues in strategic places within and around the church and ascribing worship to them is another.

Asking dead and buried 'saints' to pray and intercede on one's behalf is very much far from the dynamics of prayer in the Christian faith.

I taught in a Catholic school during my service year and one funny thing happened while I was supervising a particular class during examination. Without informing/regard, the entire class rose like programmed robots to chant something. Interestingly, their action was triggered by the sound of some distant clock strikes.

Fundamentalism, just as with the sister religion is quite rampant with the Catholic community. Regardless, this isn't an issue because the group's doctrine, belief, practices and teachings quote negate that of Christ and the Scripture. The worship of the Queen of Heaven is second to none to with the Catholic community.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Samsimple:
Abeg who get sugar i wan drink garri

I do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by UAE123(m): 7:22am On Oct 22, 2017
It beat my imaginations to see Pentecostal Churches saying that the members of the Catholic Church worship Mary when the word of the Holy Rosary are clearly stated in the bible & most of these Pentecostal members criticizing the Catholic about these days are evening worshipping their Pastors & honoring these Pastors more than their husbands. Some presently even wear the statues of their Pastors on their neck 24 hours a day believing it will always protect them.

248 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by LordIsaac(m): 7:22am On Oct 22, 2017
Today oooo...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kenerd: 7:24am On Oct 22, 2017
I think one reason is that they use the missal. It's basically the same thing they do IMO; cherry picking. The missal eliminated the need to carry the Bible since the church has done all their homework and removed the parts they don't want. e.g. The second set of ten commandments(that's if you know they exist).

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by hisgrace090: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Catholics have started practicing almost all the Pentecostals practice, ie- holding crusade, forming bible studying group, prayer ministry etc.

But refuse to abandon all their practices that is against the bible as many have mentioned above.

Today they are arguementators in other to keep on holding unto those false doctrine instead of changing.

As of today let God alone handle their case not me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Dnaz(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Sanchez01:
The Catholic community is more or less a cultural group. This is harsh but it's the truth. The group's belief and doctrine far contradicts the Bible, particularly with the deitifying of Mary as a ln entity to be worshipped and petitioned.

Setting up statues in strategic places within and around the church and ascribing worship to them is another.

Asking dead and buried 'saints' to pray and intercede on one's behalf is very much far from the dynamics of prayer in the Christian faith.

I taught in a Catholic school during my service year and one funny thing happened while I was supervising a particular class during examination. Without informing/regard, the entire class rose like programmed robots to chant something. Interestingly, their action was triggered by the sound of some distant clock strikes.

Fundamentalism, just as with the sister religion is quite rampant with the Catholic community. Regardless, this isn't an issue because the group's doctrine, belief, practices and teachings quote negate that of Christ and the Scripture. The worship of the Queen of Heaven is second to none to with the Catholic community.

Pentecostals are not bible believing, they are pastor believing churches

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2017
Kenerd:
I think one reason is that they use the missal. It's basically the same thing they do IMO; cherry picking. The missal eliminated the need to carry the Bible since the church has done all their homework and removed the parts they don't want. e.g. The second set of ten commandments(that's if you know they exist).
lmao... The second set of the ten commandments. I want to learn please.. I am aware Moses destroyed the first tablet that the lord inscribed the commandments .. But were they two different sets of Laws?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:34am On Oct 22, 2017
LordIsaac:
Today oooo...
Gona be a very interesting day grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Catholic right?

I am a Christian, and attend a Pentecostal Church. Churches, just like Christianity, is open to individual definition on how they see it and it has no one clear definition. so your question on why people consider the Catholic something else, will get you a lot of different answers, even if majority will be shrouded in ambiguity.

The Catholic Church did not start getting heat today from people. It started from the time the Church deviated from the Bible, and became a POLITICAL PARTY in the 14th and 15th Century.

The Catholic Church became too powerful.

There was a time in Europe, the Catholic Church had their hands in the choosing of Monarchs, and was heavily into financial racketeering. And it is on record that most Pope from that Era were Closet/Open Gays, who liked little boys, and that problem still persists with the amount the Catholic Church around the World keep paying money yearly to little boys molested by Catholic Priests.

And that is why Martin Luther King lead the revolt, that nearly saw the collapse of the Catholic. God bless him.

As an individual, my problem with the Catholic has to do with the way they worship, as it is almost idolatry. Why can't i as a Christian pray to God directly?why do i need one statue, picture or something to intercede for me?why do i need to be calling the name of this Saint or that Saint to intercede on my behalf?

Why do i need to confess my sins in a Booth to another man(Reverend Father) when i can talk to God directly?is the Reverend Father now a gate keeper to God or Heaven?

I thought that Martin Luther King revolted against the catholic church on the basis that salvation was attained by faith only... I didn't see any case about gays

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Kenerd: 7:39am On Oct 22, 2017
dingbang:
lmao... The second set of the ten commandments. I want to learn please.. I am aware Moses destroyed the first tablet that the lord inscribed the commandments .. But were they two different sets of Laws?
2nd set:1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
2. Thou shalt make theeno molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.
4. All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventhday thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.7. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.
8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the feast of the Passover be left until the morning.
9. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
Exodus 34.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2017
There's no scriptural background in the bible that says Mary can answer or make supplications in prayer.The Bible made it clear you pray to God in the Name of Jesus.
There's nothing like mother of God.God has no mother. No scripture in the bible backs that up.Mary was the mother of Jesus the man while He was on the earth.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Kenerd:
2nd set of the Ten Commandments

:1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
2. Thou shalt make theeno molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.
4. All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventhday thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.7. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.
8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the feast of the Passover be left until the morning.
9. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
wow... This is interesting..

cc. Hungerbad
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Please I need more reasons... Or is it only Mary issue that forms the bedrock of Catholics not seen as bible believers?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2017
Dnaz:

Sentimental statement.What the heck is 'pentecostal' anyway?The day the disciples received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost,the disciples themselves were not celebrating Pentecost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by thorpido(m): 7:46am On Oct 22, 2017
dingbang:
Please I need more reasons... Or is it only Mary issue that forms the bedrock of Catholics not seen as bible believers?
Purgatory.No scripture backs that up.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by dingbang(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2017
thorpido:
Sentimental statement.What the heck is 'pentecostal' anyway?The day the disciples received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost,the disciples themselves were not celebrating Pentecost.
by Pentecostals I mean the modern day people who attend Faith based churches..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by hisgrace090: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2017
thorpido:
Purgatory.No scripture backs that up.

Moulding of status and kneeling before them, God hate.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by internationalman(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2017
amunkita:
No book in d bible instruct we make supplication via Mary...

Neither do they instruct we make supplication via pastors.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Sanchez01: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2017
Dnaz:

SOME. Those who have their brains formatted and are lazy to read would forever end up believing Pastors rather than God and His Word.

For the Catholic community, it is worse, doctrine is Unscriptural as well as its teachings. Is there a Catholic 'church' that teaches one should pray to God in Jesus' Name rather than go through Mary?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by HungerBAD: 7:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Where Mynd44 and Lalasticlacla sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by internationalman(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2017
crazygod:
When u start worshipping Mary and praying to her, I think bible considers that as idolatry
is worshipping the mother of Jesus not far acceptable than worshipping d mother of pastor's children and d pastor himself?

Hypocrites everywhere... You will hear them saying daddy daddy.. mummy mummy.. Some would even go as far as cooking and washing for pastors when they don't do the same for their families at home.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by Sanchez01: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2017
thorpido:
Bless you for this. The Pentecostal branding by some orthodox churches is there way of saying 'hey, these churches were carved out of desperation and with the sole intent of making money.'

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church by amunkita(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2017
If the catholics re bible believing, they would ve known that making supplication through the "Queen of Heaven" is a prayer to the wife of Baal....
That is idolatry....
Jeremiah 44 vs 17- 26 or read the whole passage.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

12 Signs Your Soul Has Reincarnated Several Times / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Are Spiritual Husbands Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.